005

The Red Tear Gun and The Doll's Eye

 

“Lay? Something's wrong?” Kai asks the boy beside him who keeps looking at the girl across him. “Nope. Just passing out.” Lay shook his head and smiles to his best friend. “Well, okay.” Kai shrugged his shoulders and start eating his lunch again.

He starts staring at the girl that he just stared. The girl looks back to him from her seat, and give him an apologetic smile. Lay just silently nods his head and go back chit chatting with his best friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback On.

 

 

“See you!” Lay waves to his best friends from his red sport car. He was drunk. He droves to his car with speed above the permitted one. Until suddenly his car was stopped by an officer. He curses under his breath. “I'm sorry, sir. Please blow onto this.” He was being dragged away from his car by the officer and being told to blow into a breathalyzer. ‘I'm doomed.’

He lifelessly blows to the damned breathalyzer. “Sorry sir, but I really need to call your family, because the blood alcohol you've consumed had exceeded the limit.” The officer takes his phone from his grasp and looks trough his phone contact. “Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt but your son was driving a car late at night with a drunk condition.”

He know what’s coming after his father got called by the officer. And he was not ready.

 

Thirty minutes had passed and Lay was seated in the police car alone with lifeless eyes. “Sir, your father had come.” The officer opens the door and Lay walked out the car looking at his father angry eyes.

“Thank you, officer.” His father bowed down to the officer and drags him to his own car. “What are you thinking, Zhang Yixing!?” As the car zoomed off his father starts yelling at him mercilessly. “Do you want to disgrace your father?” Mr. Zhang banged his hand to the steer wheel. “You ungrateful son! What will your mother say about this!” He suddenly makes a turn and stopped at an alley. “Don't go home until the cops called you to take your car and license back.” His father opens the car door and pushed him off to the sidewalk and throw him his phone and car key. His father quickly locks his car and zoomed off leaving his son alone on the sidewalk. “Father!” He shouts to the car that slowly faded away from his sight. He looks at his phone with crestfallen face. The damned phone just ran out of battery. He tucked it in to his pocket along with his car key. He looks around the road he was at, and smirked. “Lucky me.” He starts walking limply along the sidewalks with many people look at him with worried eyes and confused faces. After a few turns he finally arrived at an enormous gate. A guards notice him and quickly open the gate for him and another guard escorts him to the main door of the mansion. The guards knock several times, and an old maid appeared behind that door. “Call the young lady.” The guards inform the maid after they helps Lay to sit on the sofa. The maid nods and quickly took the stair up to the young lady room. A younger maid bows down to him with a cup of tea in her hands. “Please drink this sir.”

 

“Lay!” The young lady that was mentioned was Mina. She was on her pink silk nightgown and without her eye-patch. “What happened?” She sits down beside him and looks at his thoroughly beaten up face. “Family problems. Got kicked out until god knows when.” He said takes a sip from the served tea. Another maid bought a first aid-kit and Mina thank her. She cleans his beaten face, before sighing. “Butler Jang, please prepare the car and Ms. Cha please prepare my stuff, I'm staying at my apartment.” She said looking at 2 servants that was staying behind them. “Butler Kim, buy Mr. Zhang clothes and uniforms please, thank you.”

 

 

Flashback Off.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                            


 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, where's Luhan anyway?” Xiumin asks suddenly, making Lay snaps out of his mind. “Apparently, he's not going to school.” Kris said while keep eating his lunch. “Did he even settles it with Yunmi?” Chen asks him. “Yeah, he called me this morning. He said he was going to drop and fetch her to school, and they'll go on dates.”

 

“What excuse do you make for him to the teacher on guard duty?” Suho asks him with eagle eyes. He just can't let anyone ditch school because of their girlfriend. Even if it's his own best friends. “Sick.” Kris said plainly. “Hey, Junmyeon! Guess Luhan's ditching school again huh? Wow, such a fortune to be friends with you then.” A boy with a basketball on his arms snickered at him. Suho just ignores him, while D.O tries to comfort him.

 

“Don't worry, tho. I told him it's going to be the last time I allowed him.” Kris said again, throwing his box of milk to the trash can. “Fine.” Suho said giving up to the President of disciplinary. “I'm sorry, President. But, I need you to help the student body council with the Choosing day.” A girl with big glasses and black pony tailed hair walks to him. He nods his head lightly and follow the girl. “Thank you, Secretary Kamika. Let's go.”

 

“Should we go to class?”

 

 

 

 

 

                                                            


 

 

 

 

 

Lay is walking down the school corridor along with his best friends. When they reach the school main door a delicate hand smashed a car key to his chest. “Do you really need to do that?” Lay takes the car key and rubs his chest that feeling pains. The girl who did it, which was Mina just shrugged her shoulders before straightening her back from it's original pose and mumbles, “Just drive.” His best friends looks at both of them with confused look. “What the hell......”

 

“I'm leaving first, bye.” Lay exclaims and walks with Mina beside him to a black all new Lamborghini car. Ten of them just looks at Lay and Mina entering the fancy Lamborghini with dropping jaws. “Is he dating her...?” Chen mumbles his eye doesn't leave the moving car. “No. But, still.....” Kris is the one coming back to his sense followed by nine others. “Let's just go home.”

 

 

 

 

 

                                                           


 

 

 

 

 

“Haven't told your friends yet?” They were stuck in the traffic jam. Mina looks at the handsome guy beside her. “They'll know soon.” He just sighed his right hand holding the steering wheel, while his left hand resting on his laps. “I don't remember anything.” She said again, taking a coke from the car ice box. “Pardon?” He looks at her with a confused face. “I don't remember his face at all, his parents, his house, I can't. But, I know the picture in the frame that I stole from my family chambers is him. I know that I once loved him.” She said again. Taking out and old rusty frame from the car dashboard. Mina gives it to him. He studies the features at the boy beside the young Mina. “The glass cracked. I can't see clearly.” He said again, handing the frame back to her and starts the car again when the yellow lights going on.

 

“If only.... It doesn't crack... I would recognize him.” She said sadly, wiping the cracked part of the glass that covering the photo. “Take the photo out then.” Lay said plainly. “It's sealed by a spell.” Lay looks at her in disbelief. “Your family has connections with a witch.” He said again. Not asking, more like a statement. He just can't believe in the 21st century there's still person that learning witch crafting. “My aunt was one.” She just said again, throwing the frame back to the dashboard. “What you remember from your past?” Lay looks at her slightly before focusing on the road. “I was shot, when I was seven. Then suddenly, I receive this eye and doesn't remember about him. Getting transferred to Canada with the guard of seven boys which's my father left-hand.”

 

“Complicated.” Lay says one word that describes her life. Mina just nodded her head. “Approximately like that.”

 

 

 

 

 

                                                           


 

 

 

 

”Baekhyun.” His father greeted him when the boy has just arrived at their home. “You're home early.” Baekhyun greeted him back. He doesn't feel like talking to his own father. “I'm going to my room.”

 

“Baekhyun.. If someday you meet Mina again.. What will you do?” His father asks him warily not strong enough to look straightly to his son’s eyes. “I'll never let her go. And I will meet her.” He replies his father. His father sighed secretly and said again, “What if... I don't allow you to love her?”

 

Silence fills the air. Baekhyun body stiffened and his eyes turn icy cold. “Then you're my enemy.” He said, leaving his father behind before going to his own room. He throws his backpack to the other side of the room before slamming his back on the soft mattress. He stares at his room ceiling which full with glow in the dark decorations. Stars, rockets, moon fill his room ceiling. “I wish she was here.” He brings his left arms to cover his eyes. Preventing him from wailing like a baby whale searching for its mother. “Aggh!” A big pain on his back suddenly appeared and he was clutching his back tightly trying to ease the pain. He tries to reach for a pill on his nightstand. He opens the bottle cap and pour two pills to his palms before swallowing it down. He struggles a bit, until slowly the pain subsided bit by bit. “What's happening to me?” He pants.

 

“Hurts like a .” He eased his elbow and do some stretching. His phone suddenly rings, a phone call from Park Chanyeol. “Hey, waddup?” A voice called him across the phone right after he press the green button. “It's supposed to be my line, idiot. Why did you call?” Baekhyun said again, rubbing his sore shoulders before step into his bathroom. “Got a date yet?” He can feel Chanyeol's smirking across the phone and literally trying to hold his laugh. “Nah, who cares. Girls throws their body on me.” Baekhyun stop in front of the mirror and looks at his own reflection. He loosens his tie and slowly ing his shirt with one hand, and the other hand holding his phone against his ear. “True, tho. Just so you know, Kris manages to asks Min Yoora go to the party. 50.000₩ for me then.”

 

“Oh , he manages to ask the badass princess of our school?” Baekhyun asks him excitedly, despite being sad because losing a bet. “Rumour said that they like each other despite being a cat and dog between school rebels and the president of student disciplinary.” Chanyeol chuckles. “Fine, see you tonight.” Baekhyun hung up the phone without wanting to hear Chanyeol replies. He looks at his own well built body. No abs, no muscles, just fine. He comes out of the bathroom and reach for a plain white T-shirt on his wardrobe. He sits on the side of his bed, putting his phone on the night stand and press the intercom on his room which connected to the maids and butler hall. “Head Maid Kim, Can you ask Aya to prepare my tuxedo? Thank you.”

 

 

 

 

 

                                                             


 

 

 

 

 

“Do I really need to wear this?” Mina looks at her reflection n the mirror with Lay behind her sitting on her bedside. “Black looks good on you.” Lay said munching his food on his mouth. He handed her a black mask with sparkling decoration. “Masquerade party, remember?”

 

“How could I ever forget.” She cackled and takes it from his hand. Lay gets up from her bed and took the car keys from the night stand. “Let's go.” He takes her hand on his and walks trough the apartment door.

 

When they got in the car, Lay starts the engine harshly before zooming off from the basement. “Calm down, big boy. You're not with your license.” She gripped on the car sit tighten and Lay just reply her with a chuckle. “Relax, I'm not going to kill you..... Yet.” She looks at him with widened eyes and he’s calmly speeding up leading the arrow on the speedometer turning left quickly. “Are you mad!? You're driving above 100 km/hours!” She shouts at him and he just calmly presses the gas even more. “You're dead, Lay.”

 

 

 

>>> Skip Time

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi, Baekhyun.” A girl with red wine tight dress hugging her body greeted him with a smug smile when passing him. He greeted her with one hand that’s holding a glass wine. “Told you, girls throw themselves at me.” He whispers and wink cheekily to Chanyeol who just scoffed at him with Minsu arms tangled with his left arm. “Brat.” Minsu whispered to herself, but unfortunately he can hear it. “Shut up, Park ‘Short’ Minsu.” He mocked her. Her hands make a fist in the air until Chanyeol takes her hand down. “It's Luhan.” Kris said, looking at the guy with hazel hair color chuckling lightly with a girl beside him. “Yunmi!” Minsu waves her hand excitedly to the girl beside Luhan, the girl called Yunmi turns her head to the other girl that called her. “My gosh, Minsu.” She leaves Luhan behind and ran to the shorter girl giving her a bone crushing hug.

 

“Guess everybody is here.” Luhan says when he finally arrived in front of his best friends. “Not everybody.” Suho says to him, he looks at Luhan with his eagle eyes. “Hey, sorry for ditching school.” Luhan who noticed his eagle eyes just chuckles and slaps Suho's back. “But.., the party is about to start.” Tao mumbles to them, he taps the edge of the wine glass mouth to his chin. Kris just shrugged his shoulders and say, “He'll be here soon.”

 

 

Meanwhile, on the parking lot Lay and Mina just got a space to park the car. He huffed and settling his seat belt off. He was about to go out of the car before he looks at Mina untied her eye-patch ropes. “What are you doing?” He asks shocked. She just hummed at him before letting go her eye-patch. When the eye-patch falls to her laps, Lay looks at the girl before him. Her brown eyes are widely open and pretty eye catching with the eyeliner she just applied, but her other eyes still tightly shut. She just comfortably applied eyeliner on the other eyes without glancing a single look to the shocked Lay. She blinks a few times before open her once covered eyes. Lay is feeling intimidated by the crystal blue eye before him. “Doll's eye.” He finally said after the long term of shock. She just looks at him and put her forefinger in front of her lips making a ‘don't tell anyone’ gestures, and he just nods. They put on the mask and walk hand in hand to the crowded hall. “Tonight, I'm not the school eye-patch heiress. Okay?” She said silently to Lay as she tighten her grips on his arms as they walked trough swarms of students.

(originally painted by starfire143)

 

 

“Lay!” Chen shouted excitedly from a place labeled the VVIP table, Lay can see it clearly it was Chen from his voice even thought he's wearing a wine red mask, and as well as Lay, Chen can notice Lay immediately from the dimples he was showing to everyone in the hall. “You're early.” He said to everyone at the table once the both of them sat next to each other. “Where's Heiress? Why are you bringing another person?” Luhan said with one of his arms dropped on Yunmi's shoulders. Lay just chuckles awkwardly before answering, “Oh.. She's suddenly busy so I took someone with the same name as her. We just met.”

 

“Hello, I'm Jeon Mina. Nice to meet you all.” She bowed to them. Baekhyun was so shocked at it, and stares intensely at her. She had one eye tightly shut, but her other eye is widely open. “Nice to meet you! I hope you have a wonderful night at Seoul International Academy.” Suho answers her politely with a cute smile on his face. She just nodded her head, and continuing chit chatting with the group. The MC of tonight’s party went up and shouts so all of the students in the hall looks at him standing proudly at the stage. “With no further blabbering, I call our student body president, Suho!” With it, Suho slowly gets up from his seat and walk to the stage with the voice of people cheering, whistling, squealing, and applauding for him.

 

The party goes on until midnight and yet, not a single student get bored and go home yet. They still enjoy their night time. The EXO members have gone from their VVIP table and dance with random girls except Chanyeol and Luhan of course, because they don't wanna to get their burned down by they're 'innocent' soon-to-be-wife. “Alone, Ms. Jeon?” Baekhyun walked up to Mina who is leaning against the wall in the corner of the wall. He bites his lips and cackle ily. “I'm surprise you remember my name Mister.” She stared at him with an intimidating eyes. He his lips and one hand stretched out towards her. “Care for a dance?” He says ily. Gosh, Mina just wants to bring him to her bed right now. Even y is not a correct word to describe him. He's more than y. “It'll be my pleasure.”

 

The party goes slow, because it is a waltz dance song the DJ is playing. His left hand intertwining with her right hand, her left hand resting on his shoulders, his right hand circled around her waist. Body touching and grinding with every move they make. Mina unconsciously bites her lips looking at Baekhyun's gorgeous face. He just chuckles looking at Mina seductively. “Stop biting that luscious lips.” She raised one eyebrow and looks at him still biting her lips. “Why?” She asks, not losing the seductive tone of her voice. He inched closer to her until his lips touching her earlobe, “It's too tempting for me to handle.” He says, too seductive for us to handle. “How about you open that eye of yours?”

 

She curled her lips into a smirk, and let her chin rest on his shoulders before placing her lips one centimeter away from his ear. “Are you sure? It can be intimidating.” She says, sensation has take over her sense. Baekhyun smiles and whispers a 'yes'. She steps back a little, makes a sight of her face for Baekhyun to see. She opens her eye painfully slow, until it opened fully. Baekhyun startled. He stiffened and his body can't move. ‘No, It Couldn't be. S- She's Mina. My Mina.’ He thought. His beautiful finger slowly crept to his face pulling something of his skin which just below his eyes. A scar, grazed scar. The thin plastic fabric drops onto the floor making the scar look very visible. They feel like the world just stopped. Mina body stiffened too looking at the familiar scar on his face. ‘It's.... Baekhyun's scar.. I remember..’ She thought.

(originally painted by starfire143)

 

“Mina?” He whispered. She still looks startled until she turns her back abruptly and tries to make a run from the place. He spotted Lay drinking his wine near the main door. She runs quickly when she heard a hurried footsteps following her. “Lay! I want to go home! Quickly! Now!” She grabs Lay's arms until he drops the wine glass to the floor making it sheds into pieces of sharp glass. “What happened!?” He followed her hurriedly to the car where they park their car. She doesn't reply, just panicky try to get into the car. When he finally gets into the car he starts the engine quickly, he settles the rearview mirror until a reflection of a man with silver mask and white tuxedo running quickly towards them. He doesn't care about the damn man he just cares about Mina's trembling body beside him. He zoomed off from the school parking lot in just a blink.

 

“MINA, DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN!”

 

 

 

 

 

                                                            


 

 

 

 

 

Flashback On.

 

 

 

“Mina! Baekhyun! Run!” Hoseok shouts at the kids who is holding each other hand and trembling in fear.When, they heard Mina's father’s voice, they quickly ran to the safe place. The sound of pistol bullets whistling was so obvious in everybody’s ears. Russian bullet approaching them, it was aiming at Baekhyun's back but suddenly Baekhyun falls on his knee because a rock. The missiles grazed the skin below his eyes. A bit too deep for a normal scar. Because of the sudden falling, Mina turns her body to face Baekhyun but ended up the bullet planted in her eyes. “MOMMY IT HURTS!” The girl falls in the pain and keeps clutching her eyes that gets a bullet in it. She cries so hard because she can't handle the pain that she's feeling in such a young age. Baekhyun stiffened on his place. He saw everything. How the bullet miss him and how the bullet gets planted to her eyes. “Mina..... No Mina....”

 

Yoongi who watched the whole scene from inside the house, gets furious and breaks the man who 'holds a gun to his temples' jaws and let his forefinger curled on the trigger before pulling on it shooting his capturers and Hoseok capturers. Hoseok wraps his hand on his gun before head-shooting two guys who is holding his wife and Yoongi's wife. His wife hurriedly gets into Mina's side checking her horrible condition. “Oh my gosh, no Mina please....” She takes her little hands away from her eyes and takes a look at the ruined eyes. “Hoseok! Call Mr. Kim Myungkook ! Hurry!”

 

Yoongi and Hoseok finished shooting and killing the guys that surrounded them and Hoseok quickly calls Kim Myungkook. “Myungkook, The Byun's mansion now! Emergency! My daughter!” He says, panicking. Baekhyun's mother quickly takes Baekhyun to her arms. She carried him in her arms and runs to the safe room in their mansion. “MINA!” Baekhyun shouted looking at the girl being carried away by some strangers that the Jeon's family surely know and getting away from him.

 

“MINA! DON'T LEAVE ME!”

 

 

 

Flashback Off.

 

 

 

 

Mina clutched her blue eyes and tries so hard to wash away the fear and tears that keep coming to her. Now, she has Lay beside her, comforting and hugging her on her bed with a baffled expression. “Hey.. Can you tell me now? Are you calmed down?” He said, his hands going up and down on her arms comforting her. “I- I think.. I met my Baekhyun.. Lay he was there...”

 

“What? How could you know?” He asks, there's no way that the Baekhyun she meant was his own best friend all this time. “H- he has the same scar.. But I can't see his face because of the mask he was wearing.” Oh, well it's not Lay's best friend then, since Baekhyun doesn't have any scar. “Where is this scar placed?” He asks looking at her, well he just can get to Suho and check the Third Year students profile photo and boom, Mina meets her Baekhyun again. “Below his eye.” She answered. She walks to the door of her bathroom and stopped right in front of it, turning the lights off. “I'm going to sleep first.” Mina crawled back to the soft mattress and immediately drifted off to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                           


 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun walked upstairs to his bedroom, his eyes were puffy and red. He's been crying the whole night and go to the usual bar he always visited. Getting drunk. It's midnight, and he will have school tomorrow. Despite his drunk condition, he manages to get home safely without any police notice an eighteen year old boy driving car at late night on a drunk condition. He throws away his suit away and loosening his tie. He collapsed to the bed holding an old dusty photo frame. On the picture, two kids, boy and girl, holding hands while smiling beautifully. He gets angry after he just let Mina slip from his grasp, again. “Not again..” He huffed and ruffles his hair before slipping into the warm blanket and fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : For readers who get confused why Mina and Kai doesn't acknowledge each other I'm going to tell you that they were saparated for eleven year. Baekhyun put some kinds of fake skin to cover his scar and Mina hides her dolls eye. Since the tragedy, they haven't meet each other and SOME of their memories about each other wiped out. THEREFORE, they can't tell it's him or it's her by just looking the face with fake skin or an eye-patch. I don't really expect many comments that exceed my expectations (I expect no one will interested on the first chapt and only got five comments) but, looking at your comments makes me feel happy to write again and please give me some advice on the comments about what was I lacking or maybe what you want me to do with the future story line, so I can be better. I got author block many times. Well that's all, thanks for reading and commenting.