The Revelation

Little Bambies

"I was in a hotel lounge having fun that night when two men in suits suddenly came and dragged me out." he started. "I tried fighting them off but instead they dragged me to the elevator leading to the suite room. Mrs. Oh Bokja was already seated in the room, waiting for me when I came in then."

"After I was seated in front of her, she introduced herself to me as one of Oh Enterprises' shareholder. Of course I was instantly interested by what she'd offer." Junmo recalled. "She called me by my name, told me that she knew me from one of my ex. Then the old woman showed me a picture of Luhan. I remembered her; she was one of the prettiest girls I've dated. Smart too, so innocent and so naive."

Sehun clenched his fist, feeling uncomfortable with how that jerk Junmo described his Luhan.

"But apparently Mrs. Oh Bokja doesn't like her that much." Junmo shrugs, not sure of the reason either. "Then came what I was hoping; an offer. The old woman  asked me if I'd like to help her with a job. At that time I was jobless; all my income came from selling my online game weapons to other online gamers. When she said she'll pay me a lot of money, of course I said I'd take the job."

The prosecutor squinted his eyes. "What job?"

Junmo groaned. "Mrs. Oh Bokja formed a plan and I was to execute it."

 

He sneaks around, making sure the woman didn't notice him following her since she entered the market, an unsure expression on his face. Taking a deep breath and putting on a kind smile on his face, he walks towards her.

"Luhan?"

Turning away from the market exit door, Luhan came face to face with a familiar face. "Junmo?"

Scratching the back of his head, Junmo laughed nervously. "Hi. Nice meeting you here."

"Nice meeting you too." Luhan smiled back, but he can see that her guard is up.

"Grocery shopping?" Junmo asked. Luhan nodded. Junmo's eyes pretended to travel to the elegant ring on Luhan's forth finger. "For your husband?"

The chinese girl nodded again. "Sehun wants japchae for tonight."

"Is it that guy that took you away back in high school when you saw me .." Junmo trailed off, looking too ashamed to continue his sentence.

"Yeah." Luhan laughed awkwardly.

"Look, about back then, I'm really sorry for what I did. I just- I was so childish and I thought the bad playboy thing is so cool. I didn't think it would hurt the girls who actually cared for me back then. I'm so sorry, Luhan." he apologized.

Glad to hear the apology, Lulu smiled. "It's fine. It was something in the past anyway. Besides, now I'm married to Sehun. Are you ..?"

"It's a complicated long story." Junmo laughed. "I love her so much but the long distance thing between us is just horrible sometimes."

Lulu smiled apologetically. "It's nice to know that you've finally found someone you truly love though. Don't worry too much. I'm sure you and your lover will manage just fine."

"I hope so." Junmo sighed. "I wish this isn't karma biting me in the back."

The two laughed slightly at the sad joke.

"Hey, do you need a ride home? I brought my car with me." Junmo asked.

"No, thank you." Luhan politely refused. "I can take the bus."

"But it will be easier to go back by car." he offerred again.

Luhan once again shakes her head. "It's okay really. My house is not that far away."

"I insist." Junmo shakes his head. "How can I let a lady bring these heavy grocery bags home by herself. Please, let me drive you home. As a way of apology?"

The chinese woman stays quiet, pondering a bit before finally replying to her ex-boyfriend. "Well, It'd be okay I suppose. Sehun is coming home in an hour if he's not late.. "

"Then it's settled. Let's go, Luhan." Junmo smiled, helping Luhan with one of her grocery bags.

 

The doe-like woman placed the glasses on the table. Being the nice mannerly person she is, Luhan invited Junmo to have a drink first before leaving. It was the golden opportunity for Junmo to proceed his plans, so he is wholeheartedly grateful for the drink.

"Hey, sorry Lu, but can I more sugar for my coffee?"

Luhan laughs lightly. "Sure. Wait here, I'll get the sugar."

Junmo chuckled nervously in reply at her  kindness. Lulu stands up and walks out to the kitchen to get more sugar. When he's sure that the chinese woman has left, he took out some sleeping pills from his pocket and threw a few of it into Luhan's glass.

Luhan came back after a while without suspecting a thing. She sits down on the sofa beside Junmo. She gestured for him to have the coffee before drinking her own tea.

"Nice home you have." he complimented.

"Thank you." Luhan thanked him. "My mother in law loves interior designing a lot."

"Really? My aunt used to go crazy over house wallpapers too." Junmo said, earning a light chuckle from Luhan.

The two continue their small talk. It started out with compliments, a few light conversation topics, and then them catching up with each other's lives; Luhan with her marriage life and Junmo with his long distance relationships problems. He made up a fake story about himself dating a girl who's studying in England to gain Luhan's sympathy and hopefully be able to befriend her again. The talk goes on for quite a while before the sleeping pill finally takes effect on Luhan.

The chinese woman's eyes flutters open and close for a few minutes as she listens to Junmo's story, trying to fight the sudden sleepiness taking over her. Junmo smirks subtly.

"You alright, Luhan?" Junmo asked, scooting closer to her side.

Forcing her eyes open again, Luhan smiled apologetically. "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong but my head suddenly feels so heavy-"

Not able to fight the strong sleeping medication, Luhan closed her eyes and fell into a deep slumber. Junmo cups her face before she falls, pulling her face closer to his. He has always found her attractive anyway, so it's no big deal for him to kiss her. He kisses her lips for a long time, making sure his viewer sees what he's doing. His eyes wander to the small red dot at the side of the CCTV camera on the ceiling before deepening his kiss again.

He pulls not too far away, letting Luhan's head fall on his shoulder. His arm snakes itself around her back, lifting her onto his lap. Junmo makes sure to hide Luhan's face in the crook of his neck so that it won't be visible that the girl is unconscious. Then, he places his other arm under Luhan's knees.

"What Luhan? You want me to carry you to the bedroom?" Junmo pretended to talk to her before kissing her lips once again and lifts her up.

He carries her to the bedroom Mrs. Oh Bokja told him, smirking slightly when he found another CCTV camera on the ceiling in front of the door of the bedroom. He tightened his hold on Luhan and entered the bedroom, closing the door behind him.

When he's sure there's no CCTV camera in the bedroom (like Mrs. Oh Bokja told him), he places Luhan on the bed while he himself sat on the other side of the bed. His phone beeped, a text message alert on his lock screen.

"My grandson has seen the CCTV. Stay inside for another half an hour. I am not going to be responsible for whatever you do to the girl. If she finds out and sues you for something you did in that bedroom, it's all you." Mrs. Oh Bokja's text read.

Junmo isn't that foolish to do some ual crime in one's own bedroom. Besides, he is not trashy enough to do that to a girl, he still has a little conscience. So he only stayed there playing with his phone for around 30 minutes. Then, he came out of the bedroom and the mansion.

 

"Oh Sehun was too in love with her it seems." Junmo sighed, feeling slightly guilty now that he recalled what he has done. "I did those kind of things a few times and I am so sure he witnessed what his wife did. But Oh Sehun pretended like nothing had happened. So I have to keep doing what Mrs. Oh Bokja told me to."

 

The air that night was chilly. Junmo looks around for Oh Sehun's car in the drop-off area. When he found the expensive black car parked in front of the stairs, Junmo turned to Luhan, giving her a fake grateful smile.

"Thanks for coming here and cheering me up, Luhan." Junmo started. "I didn't think breaking up with my girlfriend would be this heartbreaking."

"It's nothing really." Luhan replied, a small smile on her lips. "You listened to my problems with my husband before, so I guess it's my turn to listen to yours."

The sincere smile she gave to Junmo almost pricked his conscience. Luhan has been so kind to him; she listened to his (fake) problems, tried to cheer him up, and even gave him advices - she is such a nice friend. But Luhan shared her problems with Sehun to Junmo too; how the blonde CEO never comes home on time these days, how the man rarely even talks to her anymore, and how he prioritized his job over his wife. That's when Junmo finally thought that Oh Sehun is not that good for Luhan anyway, so might as well carry the plan until the end.

"But I kept you here so late when even our other friends went home earlier." he apologized again.

"The others have work to do and children waiting for them at home." Luhan said sadly. "It's okay for me. I think Sehun is working overnight again so I'll be alone if I go home anyway."

The doe-like woman didn't even notice her husband's car parked behind the car she's getting herself in. Junmo got inside the other side of the car and began driving away, sure that Oh Sehun would follow him not long after. He the radio, distracting Luhan from looking outside the window and noticing her husband.

When they arrived in front of Luhan's mansion, Junmo ran out quickly to open the car's door for Luhan. The lady got off the car and thanked Junmo for driving her home safely. From his peripheral vision, Junmo saw Oh Sehun gripping his steering wheel tightly, a murderous look in his face. Without missing the chance, Junmo quickly pulls Luhan into a hug.

Sehun has seen them through his computer screen a lot of times. He has even seen pictures of them on a date. But now that he has seen them in front of his own eyes, Junmo knows that the blonde man must finally had enough.

This is it. His job is done.

"Thanks for listening to me again, Luhan." he said.

Luhan smiled in sympathy, hugging her friend back to give him support. "Stay strong Junmo. Maybe this is the best for the both of you."

The sound of someone slamming his car door closed made the two pull apart from their hug. Oh Sehun fast-walked towards them and yanked his wife's hand away from Junmo's hold. Then, the furious guy punched him in the face, making him fall down to the hard aspal. He dragged Luhan inside their mansion, not listening to her protests at all. Junmo feels bad for the woman.

Unfortunate really. She was a really nice person. But Junmo needs a job and this one pays a lot.

 

"I heard they divorced not long after." he confessed. "Mrs. Oh Bokja sent Luhan the divorce file with Oh Sehun's name on the envelope. So she thought her husband was the one asking for the divorce."

The policeman stares at him in disbelief. "What are you on about? A korean drama?"

The prosecutor elbowed his colleague and sighed. "So you're saying that Mrs. Oh Bokja paid you to make it look like that girl was cheating with you so Oh Sehun would divorce her?"

"Yes. Mrs. Oh Bokja gave me the money monthly to keep my mouth shut. I even moved to Busan so that Luhan couldn't find me anymore." Junmo explained, frustrated. "Hey man, I don't have any idea she corrupted her company's money to pay me! I'm only paid what I was promised!"

A bang came from the other room next to theirs and Junmo jumped in his seat. The prosecutor eyes the room in worry and the policeman quickly left the room to check next door.

 

 

"I'll be on my way back to Seoul this evening. The interrogation is finished so you just head here to Busan and take care of the rest. I'll leave it to you. Thanks." The blonde man finished in one breath. He pressed the 'end call' button and put his phone in his back pocket.

He walks out from the police station, hurrying inside his car. Only once he was seated that he throw another punch on the top of his steering wheel before placing his forehead on that same spot.

Luhan loved him. His Lulu didn't cheat on him. It was his Grandma Oh's doing. It was someone else's doing and he didn't trust his wife enough. Luhan really loved him. She loved him and he treated her unfairly in return ...

Sehun isn't one to mope without answers. He starts his engine and steps on the gas all the way back to the hotel only to retrieve his suitcase. Initially, he was going to stay in Busan until tomorrow and handle this job himself; the paperwork, the settlement with that Junmo. But now, he needs to get back to Seoul as soon as possible. He needs answers.

The way back to Seoul isn't helping his anxiety either. He was stuck in the traffic for hours, only arriving at Seoul after the sky turns dark. His mind is already all over the place, but he forces himself to focus, his body unconsciously auto-drives the car through the familiar roads - the roads that lead him home.

 

Grand silver gate stands firm in front of his car. He honks his car and opens his window to let security see his face. Not long after, the gate opens, letting Sehun drive inside his family's mansion area. He drives his car straight to driveway at the front of the mansion's porch, shutting the engine right there.

Sehun gets off his car, not even bothering to park it properly. He takes out his own key and enters the mansion without ringing the bell - it was his house too anyway. The surprised maids who weren't expecting his arrival immediately hurry to their stations.

Having heard the sudden commotion, Mr. and Mrs. Oh walk out from their bedroom. Mrs. Oh's eyes expand pleasantly at the sight of her son, Mr. Oh beams when he sees who came, both adults happy with his sudden visit. The two walk closer to greet their son with a hug, but stopped in their tracks after they noticed the murderous look on Sehun's face.

"What's wrong, Sehun-ah?" Mrs. Oh asked. "Are you sick?"

Another door swung opened just as Sehun was about to answer. Out from the bedroom comes Grandma Oh, looking annoyed of the commotion, her face mushed into an unpleasant scowl as she was about to be all cranky with the maids. She walked to the living room to see what it was about when she found her grandson in front of the door.

"Sehun-"

"Is it true?" Sehun closed his eyes, minding his respect for an elderly by biting back his curse words.

"What is?" the old woman furrowed her brows.

"Did you pay someone to make it look like Luhan was cheating on me?"

Mrs. Oh gasped, Mr. Oh widened his eyes, yet Grandma Oh maintains her scowl. "I don't understand what you are on about."

"I met Yoon Junmo, Grandma." Sehun stressed. "He told me everything-"

Hearing the name, Grandma Oh scowls even more. She mumbles profanities silently but Sehun definitely saw her lips cursing Junmo with words like 'idiot' and 'brainless'. However, she keeps quiet, not even replying to her grandson's accusation.

"Grandma!" Sehun half-yelled, surprising his parents. "You paid Junmo to make it look like Luhan was cheating on me?"

Grandma Oh glared back at her grandson. "I do not wish to talk about that woman Luhan anymore, Oh Sehun."

"It's true?" Sehun half-whispered, but his grandma read his lips.

Huffing from where she stands, Grandma Oh silently turns around, ready to walk back inside her room.

"." Sehun hissed quietly. Screw his manners. "What is it about Luhan that you hate so much?! Her modest upbringing?! You know how much I love Luhan; she cares about our family! You know what she has done for our family! Why would you do that?!"

"Do not mention that name in front of me anymore, Oh Sehun!" Grandma Oh warned. "Yes. I did it. Is there something wrong with it? I did it for you and for the sake of our family!"

"Are you crazy, Grandma?-"

"Oh Sehun," Mrs. Oh warned her son.

"You tore my family apart, Grandma!" Sehun yelled this time. "And you said it's for our family?!"

"Well it is, isn't it? Our family seems better now." Grandma Oh calmed down. "Oh Enterprises as well as the good name of our family is reaching a new level ever since you've gotten closer with Melrose Park."

"Melrose?" Sehun repeated, flabbergasted. "So you think setting me up with a hotel heiress is something for the better of our family?"

"Why? Are you not satisfied?" The old lady questioned. "Do you wish for another lady?"

"Yes! Luhan!" Sehun replied in frustration. Can't she hear what he has been saying? "What makes the girls you set me up with so great? Why can't you accept my Luhan?!"

Grandma Oh looks pissed off "Shut up, Oh Sehun! I'm doing this for your own good. Imagine how embarrassing would it be for you to be with that low-rated Luhan. How can you compare that poorly educated woman with ladies that has been brought up with class their whole lives?"

"Luhan is more beautiful than any of them, kinder than any of them, and she graduated Seoul National University on a scholarship. How is she poorly educated?!"

"We don't need another low-class woman in the family anymore. Your appa is stuck with your umma because you were in her stomach already back then! You be glad I got rid of that Luhan for you, Oh Sehun." Grandma Oh stressed this time, ignoring whatever her grandson said before.

Mrs. Oh smiled bitterly, so sick, so tired, and so used of the ill treatment her mother-in-law is giving her. She squeezes her husband's hand to tell him that it's okay when the man holds her hand amidst the situation. Mr. Oh loves her dearly and she knows that. Mrs. Oh is fine, but at the same time, she is so angry, because how dare that old witch ruin her son's and daughter-in-law's lives.

"So you filed the divorce for me?" Sehun asked, in utter disbelief.

"You weren't doing anything for yourself! The woman left you already, she was already waiting for a divorce. So I made a divorce file with your name and sent it to her." the old woman kindly explained. "She signed her name for the divorce herself."

"Only because she thought it was from me!"

Grandma Oh scowled once again. She shrugged. "Oh well. What has happened is in the past. I am telling you to be grateful that you're not stuck with that low-rate Luhan!"

Sehun scoffed. "Too bad, Grandma. She gave birth to my heir and heiress four years ago. So I guess I am happily stuck with her for the rest of our lives."

Silence filled the room and for once, Grandma Oh showed a different expression. Gone is her scowl, a complete shock took her face over. Her eyes opened wide and her jaw hangs down. Sehun huffed in place, satisfied with his outburst.

"What?"

Sehun smiled smugly. He bows down to bid his family members goodbye, purposely mocking the old woman by ignoring her. After he straightened his back, he shows a sincere smile towards his parents, not to worry them. Then he turns around and stomps his way out of the family mansion.

"Oh Sehun, you come back here and explain!" Grandma Oh runs towards him, asking for an explanation - his parents behind her to stop the old woman. But he doesn't want to give her a damn anymore.

Slamming the car door shut, Sehun drives off from his family's property - the last ounce of respect for his Grandma left behind as the silver gates closes behind his car.

 

 

Peeking out from the foggy small peek-hole on her door, Luhan braces herself, grabbing the baseball bat in her hand tightly, ready to swing the bat if the person who keeps banging on her door dares to attack her. She holds her breath, slowly opening the door. Only to find the person she wouldn't expect is back in Seoul already in such a short time.

"Sehun," Luhan calls out, surprised that the blonde man is standing in front of her door at almost 3 in the morning.

"Why didn't you pick up your phone?" Sehun questioned. His red and tired eyes stare down into Luhan's clear doe-like ones, sending shivers down her spines.

"Hoon accidentally dropped it this morning and it's not turning on." she answered, perplexed. That's when Lulu smells the alcohol from his breath and gives him a concerned look. "It's 3 AM, Sehun-ah. What are you doing here?"

"Is that really it? Your phone really broke?" he asked once again, this time grabbing Lulu by her small shoulders.

Surprised by Sehun's sudden moves, the chinese woman only nods her head.

“Are you still mad at me?”

Luhan shakes her head, eyes never leaving Sehun's.

"Good."

Without any warning, Sehun aggressively pulled Lulu closer to him, cupping her face with his hands, and kisses her hard on her lips. Euphoria invades their minds and the tingling sensation follows not long after. Too shocked to do anything, Luhan lets Sehun pull her even closer as he kisses her, letting him press his body to hers. His hand wanders to her back, another to the back of her neck. Warmth spreads throughout both bodies; Sehun tastes the cookie Lulu probably had for dessert with the twins, Luhan tastes the alcohol Sehun consumed.

He's drunk and she knows that this is wrong - but please blame the dizzying alcohol; Lulu slowly flutters her eyes closed, giving in to the kiss.