Wide Awake

Little Bambies

Dark. That was how the room was when she opened her eyes. Her head throbs, but that doesn't stop her from looking around the room she's in. It's definitely not her home, or her friends' or the hospital. No matter how much she looked, she doesn't recognize this room at all. Somebody she doesn't know took her home. In other words, she's kidnapped.

"H-hello?" she called out.

Nobody answered.

She's alone to her relief. At least Hoon and Hannie aren't there with her.

Lulu sat up straight on the bed, looking around the room once more now that she got a better view of it. She realized that she's on a bed in a room with a coffee table and a couch in it. Around her are medical machines which are connected to her body by tube through the back of her hand. She pull them off of her and began walking out of the bedroom slowly, not to wake up the old woman sleeping on an armchair at the corner of the room.

It was an apartment that she was locked in. Most apartments are small thus easy enough for her to find the exit and escape from the foreign place.

Apparently the owner of this apartment is richer than most. The apartment is rather simple, but it is a luxurious spacious one. The thoughts of rich men scares Luhan more. Rich men tend to be more obnoxious, always thinking that they can get whatever they want with their money. But they can't buy nothing from her. Never.

She heard the door to the front door opened, surprising her. Her kidnapper is home. He must not see her got out of the bedroom. Hence, Luhan ran silently backwards to the direction of the living room, just to make sure her kidnapper would be sound asleep when she ran out - leaving her unnoticed.

Then her head started spinning, making her stumble backwards from the pain. Unable to control her body, she fell down to the floor, knocking a flower vase with her, breaking it to pieces and making a big noise. She knows she'd get caught right away if she stay there. So Luhan hastily stood up, ignoring the pounding in her head and ran to the kitchen.

Unlucky for her, the kitchen is consisted of counters only, leaving her no place to hide in. She leaned on the kitchen counter, massaging her head to get rid of its pain while looking around to find an escape if she gets caught. Luhan is basically lost and doesn't know what to do.

After minutes of just standing there, she felt a pair of eyes observing her, not from afar. Her kidnapper is close - and who knows if he'll her as soon as he caught her. Luhan looks around for one final check, giving up because there's no other escape she can find other than the one she entered from earlier. A man figure is standing on the kitchen doorframe, waiting for her to make her move.

She's way weaker than him. But she still needs to try - if she wants to meet her kids again.

So she ran as fast as she can to dodge the man in the doorway. But he was faster and stronger than her as he grabbed her by her arms and pinned her to the wall behind her. Lulu's heart started racing so fast and it began to hurt for her to breathe. She struggled in his hold, but he was two times stronger than she is.

"Got you." he whispered, sending chills of fear all throughout her body.

Judging by the position and his whisper, the man will surely have her there.

That man reached for the lightswitch and turned it on. The sudden brightness blinded her eyes for a second there, but she regained her vision back before the man did. Her eyes widened at the sight of her kidnapper and her knees feel like they're going to give up any second soon.

"L-Lulu?" the man called out once he saw her. Luhan was shocked of how sincerely shocked and confused he sounded.

Sehun?

But she was too weak by then, having lost her energy from all the nervewrecking feeling and tip-toe-ing around. The pain in her head increases as if a ton weight stone was put on her back. Her lungs burns for air, panting in panic when it got even harder for her to breathe.

Luhan gave Sehun one last look of pleads - which the blonde man didn't notice - before closing her eyes, giving in to the darkness as she falls into his arms.

 

 

The two doors closed to the middle and the ambulance siren filled his ears soon after the sound of the ambulance engine starting. Sehun felt the vehicle moving as he positioned himself across the other nurse inside the ambulance.

He watches as the said nurse took an oxygen mask out and put it on Lulu's face to help her breathe more easily. Indeed Lulu did stop gasping for air, but her condition did not got better at all.

"It's fine, it's fine, Mrs. Lu." the nurse in front of him whispered, face already stressed out by her patient's condition. But Lulu started crying in her sleep, mumbling words once in a while, struggling as if somebody got her tied her to a tree or kidnapped, her hands shaking on her sides.

Sehun took her hand with his, squeezing it with assurance. "What's wrong, Lu?" he asked, giving the back of Lulu's hand a peck. "Hold on there. I'm here, you're going to be okay. I promise."

The Bambi that Sehun once loved calmed down a little from the soothing touch on her hand, but that still doesn't stop her from the struggling and the crying. The sight almost drives Sehun nuts because he can't do anything to make her feel better. So Sehun brushes her hair off her face and wipes the beads of sweat on her forehead, whispering consoling things to her ears just like how the nurse did.

For the rest of the journey, Sehun didn't take his eyes off his ex-wife.

 

Doctors came and surrounded the stretcher which was just lifted down from inside the ambulance. Sehun followed them to the emergency room, holding on to Lulu's hand. The doctors began talking in some medical language that Sehun can't understand completely. Some time in between their conversation, a doctor pushed Sehun accidentally, making him tumble backwards - further away from Lulu's bed. The blonde man can only helplessly watch as another doctor came with a big scary injection in his hand.

That doctor filled the injection with a liquid from a tray next to Lulu's bed before slowly injecting it to her arms. Lulu's eyes snapped open so suddenly, revealing her warm brown orbs at the same time as she jolt up to a sitting position on the bed, taking the doctors and Sehun aback. She coughs dryly, looking terribly lost as her orbs looks around the room, unfamiliar with the place - until her eyes landed on Sehun.

Sehun swears he never felt as nervous as this in the past years. He felt himself stiffened when he met eyes with the bambi girl. It has been almost half a decade since he saw those beautiful eyes that captured his heart from their very first meeting. Time just froze much to Sehun's nerves. Lulu didn't look away either - she just stares back at him. No words exchanged between them, but Sehun is sure they both feel the same way: disbelief.

Not sure how long did that happen, the next thing Sehun see is the doctor injecting another liquid with a different color to her arm. A nurse then support Lulu's head, slowly lying her back down on her bed. Once the back of her head hit the pillow, her eyes closed again, drifting off to dreamland from the help of the doctor's injection.

Sehun is anything but comfortable.

 

Once the doctor and nurses are finished checking Lulu's condition and walked out of the patient room, they all gave Sehun big comforting smiles, telling him that Lulu is out of her comatose state and will be up in a few hours after a little more rest. They told him that he can enter and wait by her side. So that's what Sehun did.

He entered the hospital room quietly, not wanting to wake Lulu up. The blonde man pulled the chair next to her bed slowly so it doesn't scratch the floor and make a sound that could disturb Lulu. The woman is now released from a few machines that were attached to her before. Her face has gained more color unlike the pale white before. Sehun reached out to touch her hand unconsciously and found that her hand is warmer as well. She is definitely better. Yet, Sehun is feeling very anxious.

When the chinese Bambi was in coma, Sehun is probably the one who wants her to wake up soon the most. Because when she wakes up, he wants to get what belongs to him rightfully. Sehun is furious that she hid his kids away from him - he wants her to feel the pain of not having your kids by your side - just like how Sehun felt. After all the other things she did to him, she still hurts him even after they parted ways.

But now when reality just told him that Lulu is waking up, Sehun is a little scared, nervous, uncomfortable, and shaky. Because now that she's waking up, it means he's finally going to meet her again. He's going to have to talk to her again and listen to her voice which he hasn't heard over the years. Sehun couldn't even remember what it's like to talk to her. Scratch that, he actually wants to forget it. Every memory of Lulu is just - painful.

Deep down, he knows that Lulu is very capable to break down his walls again.

After so many years, Sehun is finally meeting Lulu again. Meeting her again will have a bigger effect on him than he expected earlier. Afterall, seeing her again might give him the actual closure he needed or drive him to depression once again - the scar she left on his heart is one deep scar and he doesn't need Luhan to stab on it deeper. That's why Sehun need time to prepare himself.

If Lulu is going to wake up again in a few hours, Sehun will have to make the best out of it to get himself ready and not chicken out.

His head hurts and it will probably explode. Sehun closed his eyes and rest his mind.

 

 

The blonde man woke up a few hours later because something is poking his shoulder constantly. He groaned as he sat up to his chair, stretching his back before rubbing his eyes a little. He glared at the person who dares disturbed his beauty sleep, only to have a mini heartattack when he met eyes with his ex-wife who is most likely to look as shocked as he is.

No words exchanged between them. Just Oh Sehun locking gaze with Lu Han who he hasn't seen in years after a major heartache. Not only that it's awkward, it's also nervewrecking as none of them is willing to make the first move. If Lulu had known this would happen, she would hold herself back and keep her fingers to herself.

A nurse came inside her room to check up on her when Sehun was asleep. She told her that she just woke up from a more than two months coma from an accident. Lulu panicked a little afterwards because the thoughts of the twins being alone worries her. But then her eyes landed on a familiar ball of blonde locks sleeping on top of her hand. Curious of who it is, Lulu poked him on his shoulder a few times.

Now she regrets it.

Both Sehun and Lulu are not the talkative type. But they're not the silent type either. Their relationship back then is full of talks and laughs, making the deafening situation at the moment even more awkward. Sehun noticed that Lulu started fiddling with the hem of her hospital gown - something she does when she's uncomfortable. And Lulu noticed that Sehun's palms are curled - a sign that he's uncomfortable. Both would do anything to get this over with.

Minutes passed by, and Sehun finally came back to his senses. He coughed out awkwardly, the look in his eyes sharpened, almost as if glaring at the sick woman on the hospital bed. He put on his emotionless face - an expression he learnt when growing up, sending shivers to Lulu because he never gave her that look before.

"Stop staring at me. Who do you expect? Your ex?" Sehun snapped at her. He knows that's not very gentlemanly of him, but he just can't help it. He just wants to hurt her as much as she did to him.

Lulu stayed still, mouth gapping open, still in disbelief that it's actually her ex-husband sitting on the chair by her bed. She eye-d Sehun from head to toe, admiring how his features turned mature, even more handsome and manlier than the last time she saw him. The man is dressed in a formal suit, like he just got back from a date with a classy woman; exactly like in her dream.

She dreamed that a classy woman came to her and told her she's going to take her thre- two beloved ones and Sehun away from her. Hoon and Hannie really love her and they're slowly forgetting her all in one night. But then the settings in her dreams changed and she was kidnapped in this one. By Oh Sehun himself.

 "S-Sehun." she found herself stuttering, still in shock.

Sehun sighed. Those sparkling Bambi eyes he loved so much are looking up to him with that look that melts him every time without fail again. He sighed tiredly, taking a deep breath to calm himself. After all these years, Oh Sehun still can't get harsh on Lu Han.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, frustrated at himself.

"Y-you're real?" Lulu slurred out blankly.

"Yes I am?" Sehun answered, getting lost. He mentally slapped himself for sounding dumb. "I mean- what? Do you think I'm a fake or something?"

"W-was I really in your apartment?" Lulu asked, suddenly remembering the events happening before she collapsed again. That part of the dream was so vivid she was sure it actually happened.

"Yes." Sehun answered, sighing for the second time since he talked to her.

"Why?" Why was I in there?

Sehun looked away, not knowing what to answer. He wasn't even sure why he brought her home weeks ago. As usual, when Lulu talks to him, his mind goes blank.

"H-how are you feeling?" he threw her off the topic.

"My head hurts." Lulu stated, holding her head, massaging it a few times before rubbing her eyes multiple times just to make sure that the Sehun she's seeing in front of her is a real person and not just her nightmare or imagination.

"I'll call the nurse-"

The door swung opened harshly, diverting Sehun and Lulu's attention to it. Then four people came inside the room all at once: the twins and Nanny Kim along with the old nurse chasing them from behind.

However, Nanny Kim became frozen in her place, covering her opened mouth with her hand, surprised that Lulu is awake. Cause after all those news of Lulu thrashing and crying earlier, Nanny Kim actually got herself ready to hear a bad news. But instead of that, Lulu is awaken from her comatose state and is reunited with her kids and Sehun. Not wanting to ruin the moment, she ran out of the room, dragging the old nurse out with her.

Unlike Nanny Kim who stood frozen in front of the curtain when she came in, Hoon and Hannie went off instantly to the chair on the other side of Lulu's bed and climbed onto it. They helped each other up and once they got on top, they jumped up to the bed and began attacking their mama with kisses and hugs.

"Mama!" Hannie squealed, clinging onto Lulu's arm, hugging it close to her cheeks. "Mama up! Mama sleep so long! Hannie miss mama."

Hoon settled by staying quiet, snuggling into his mama's neck and hugging her neck.

Lulu chuckled weakly - forgetting Sehun is there too for a second there, kissing the twins on their cheeks back. "Mama misses you two too." she told them while trying to peel them off of her because she's still not feeling well enough to carry their weights altogether. Her head started spinning and her vision gets a little blurry.

"Get off mama, kids. She's still sick." Sehun said this time. He stands up and pry Hoon and Hannie off Lulu, pulling them close to him, ignoring their cries of protests. He sat them down on his each lap, holding them by their stomach so they don't fall forward.

"No, appa! Hannie want hug mamaa!" Hannie cried, her arms reaching for the woman on the hospital bed.

The girl is struggling so much that Sehun has no choice but to hold on to her even more because if he let her go now, she'll fall off his lap from the force. "Stay still, Hannie - you'll fall!"

"Appa meanie! Hannie want hug mamaaa!" Hannie cried out of frustration. Why can't Sehun understand that she misses her mama so much!

Hoon finds opportunity in the distraction Hannie made. So he slowly pry Sehun's arm away from his belly and jump up to Lulu's bed once again. The boy crawled to his mama's embrace, snuggling to her chest and making himself comfortable. Yet, Lulu couldn't even put her arms around her son in response as she was put in complete shock.

Shocked that as soon as Hoon is up from his lap, Sehun took control of Hannie with both his hands, holding him close to his chest, peppering the little girl with consoling kisses, whispering that Lulu is still sick to her ears affectionately. Shock; the last time she remembers it, she's pretty sure nor Sehun or Hannie knows about each other's existence - so how it became like this, shocks her.

"A-appa?" she let out the word roll out her tongue.

Sehun bounces Hannie on his lap to calm the girl down, meanwhile his eyes turned to look straight to Lulu's shocked eyes. "Yes. Appa. Why are you so surprised, mama?" he asked sarcastically.

"Mama, that's Sehun appa." Hoon whispered softly to her ears, but loud enough for Sehun to hear and smirk triumphantly.

"You've got some explaining to do." Sehun said.

Lulu visibly gulped. She suddenly found her matress so interesting and stared down on it, avoiding Sehun's pair of eyes. Her hands wrapped Hoon tighter and closer to her, afraid of getting him snatched away.

"Were you ever going to tell me? When will you tell me?"

"Not right now that's for sure." someone saved Lulu from answering the question she wishes she never has to hear.

Kim Minseon stomped inside the hospital room. She took Hannie from Sehun by force, putting the girl on the hospital bed with Lulu and Hoon. Then, she grabbed Sehun strongly by his wrist, yanking him up forcefully to stand up. Sehun doesn't bother to struggle since Kim Minseon's arm power is never arguable - no one in their group of boys can defeat her. He rolled his eyes as the baozi woman drag him out the hospital room to the hallway, leaving Lulu and the kids alone.

Kim Jongdae, the baozi woman's husband is sitting on one of the waiting room's chairs with a teasing smirk on his face. Sehun ignored him and folded his arms in front of his chest, staring bored-ly to Minseon, waiting for her to talk.

"What do you think you were doing?" Minseon started, her foot tapping the floor impatiently.

"Asking Luhan something I should've known three and a half years ago."

"Don't use that attitude with me. I hate it." baozi snapped.

"Sorry."

"Look, I know that was wrong of her. I always wanted to tell you about the twins - but it's not my right to do so. And I know you're really mad right now and you want to vent it to Lulu for all the wrongs she did to you. But still, she's sick and you can't do that to her in this condition."

Sehun breathe in deeply. "Who called you here anyway?"

"Nanny Kim called me. I rushed here with Chenchen as soon as I heard the news. We dropped our kids at Kyungie's - she said she's worried too. Did the doctor say anything bad?" she asked, face relaxing.

"Yeah. His face."

"Shut up, troll." Sehun snapped at the man. "He only said that Luhan should be doing better once she woke up. She did, as you can see."

"That's good news. My bestfriend is going to be just fine!" Minseon smiled genuinely since the first time she came. "Now I can talk to her about my problems and shop with her again and just spend time with her."

"Yeah, that's great honey. How about you, Hunnie? What are you gonna do now that you found out about the twins and Lulu's awake?" Jongdae piped in.

"I'm going to confront h-"

"No you're not!" Minseon cut him off. "I mean, you should. Just not now. Now you're going to go straight back home to your apartment, take a little nap and shower. You look like a zombie whp didn't sleep last night."

"I can't possibly leave my kids alone in the hospital-"

"They're with their mom-"

"- who never told me they existed and hid them away from me for three years." Sehun finished Minseon's comeback for her. "How exactly do you expect me to trust her?"

"Luhan can't take the kids away from you. She must still be weak. Jongdae and I will take them to your apartment at the end of the day. We promised." Minseon said.

"She did. I didn't." Jongdae teased.

Fortunately Sehun didn't tackle him to the ground for that one sarcastic comment. He was too tired to deal with Jongdae's ty jokes. So he gave in to Minseon's suggestion, trusting her words 100%. He hopes he can trust her anyway. The blonde thanked Minseon weakly before making his way out of the hospital in defeat.

 

His phone rang when he waits with ten other people or less in the bus station. Yes, he didn't get there by his car, so he's forced to ride back home by bus. As he answered his phone, the bus arrived and stopped in front of the crowd of people waiting for it. Sehun stepped inside with a bunch of other people and made his way to the back of the bus so he can take his call.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Oh, it's Myunghoon of the financial department. I found out the name of the account that the MM Project money is transferred to. It's not the name of someone from our company so I couldn't take the matter further."

"Then it's either a theft case or a conspirative corruption case?" Sehun asked. "Tell me the account's name and text me the account number. This should be reported to police."

"The account is under the name of the Rosewoods Hotel Inc.'s CEO Melrose Park."

"Mel- What are you talking about?!"

"Miss Park lives in-"

"I know where she lives. But no. That doesn't make any sense. It can't be Melrose." Sehun stayed quiet for a while to think. "I'll be in the office in an hour, gather the financial department and MM Project's fund team then tell my secretary to prepare the meeting room."

"Yes, Mr. Oh."

"And while you're at it," Hoon's and Hannie's laughing voices rang in the CEO's mind. "tell my secretary to call my lawyer too."

 

Sehun was too busy ordering his employee on his phone that he didn't notice the man sitting two seats away from him flinching at the mention of Melrose's name.

 

 

{drabble}

Chanyeol hung up the phone with a tired smile on his face. Minseon just called him to inform that Lulu has finally woke up. Though he was worried about what's going to happen next now that Sehun knows about his kids, Chanyeol is just glad that Lulu recovered. He walked back to his own bedroom to tell the good news to Baekie.

"Baek, guess what," he started. He stopped his words abruptly when he saw Baekie wiping her tears off her cheeks hastily. Chanyeol rushed to his wife's side immediately. "Baek, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing." Baek chuckled weakly, ridiculed by her own tears. "I'm so happy that my little girl was born healthily. It's just, Chanmi keeps crying and I'm so stressed out. I'm so disappointed in myself; I mean, Lulu was fine raising two kids all by herself, Kyungie doesn't even complain with four kids, and Minseon put up with three trolls everyday. But here I am crying over myself-"

Chuckling, Chanyeol pulled Baekie to his embrace. "I'm sorry you have to take care of a baby that takes after me."

"I hate you." Baekie chuckled as well, hitting Chanyeol playfully on his chest before hugging him back.

"I love you too, Baek." Chanyeol kissed her temple.

A baby's crying from the room beside theirs broke their loving moment. Baekie groaned in frustration while Chanyeol closed his eyes in tiredness. Baekie could've sworn she just put the little girl to sleep not long ago. Why does Chanmi cry so much? Baek's eyes got teary again, stress taking over her mind. Then, she felt a warm hand holding her own's.

"Together?" Chanyeol asked, eyes watery as well, looking like a kicked puppy.

"Together." Baekie chuckled weakly, knowing that Chanyeol is just as stressed as she is.

They love Chanmi to bits really, but sometimes the girl makes them so hopeless. Not that they regretted having her at all. Park Chanmi brought this new weird kind of happiness in their household.

Together they spent another 20 minutes trying to calm down Chanmi. Their daughter finally went back to sleep in Chanyeol's arms after he sang a lullaby for her. Baekie swears Park Chanmi should be wearing her I'm Daddy's #1 jammies all the time. Chanmi is such a daddy's girl so Chanyeol should be the one in charge of lulling her back to sleep from now on. Chanyeol seen through her mind and he is not amused.

"I love you?" Baekie grinned.

"No." Chanyeol said firmly. "Together."

"I hate you."

"Love you too, Baek."


 

 

{author's note}

Sorry it took so long :(

Are you disappointed that Hunhan got interrupted by baozi woman? lol sorry I didn't have much time to continue so bunbun would have to come in and save the day -whoosh.
The next chapter probably won't take long cause it's going to be a filler chapter! Then the next chapter would probably focus back on Hunhan.

I think ..

MUEHEHEHEHEHH 

Idk about Sehun being an or anything, does it seem like it? If no, then good cause I don't intend him to be one. If yes, lol good more drama to come. It's a win-win for me so MUEHEHEHEHH

Thanks for reading everyone! Your support means a lot to me;
So don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and leave your lovely comments bellow :)

Byee for noww OTL

P.S the amount of comments about getting rid Melrose is loll #sorryimnotsorry

- KPOPMonstahh