Just Shoot Me

✤Amazons✤ | 아마조네스

“I should have known this was going to happen!” Nayoung raged. “I mean for the past few month’s we’ve only been learning “y” dance routines. I thought it was since they were good for training muscle strength but I guess it was to prepare us for our concept.” Nayoung said, plopping herself on the couch in their dorm.

“I can’t bear to think of my parents faces once we debut…they’re going to be so disappointed.” Soojin moped.

“Oh god, I forgot about our parents… they’ll probably tell me to quit and go on about how no one will marry me for exposing myself.” Youngmi sighed.

“Where’s Sunhee though? I thought she would have been here but she’s not…” Soojin asked, looking at Youngmi. “Don’t look at me, I have no idea. She hasn’t even texted me…” Youngmi replied.

“She’s probably devastated. Her mom worked so hard to pay for her singing lessons and now she won’t even be able to use her ability. So much for her dream to be seen as the next “Lee Sunhee”” Nayoung sighed.

 

“Jiyeon-ah, Park Jiyeon.” Sunhee said as she continuously knocked on her friend’s door.

Finally the door opened “Sunhee-ah, what are you doing here so late? Is something wrong?” she said, rubbing her eyes.

“Oops, did I wake you?” Sunhee asked regretfully.

“Uhh, almost. I almost fell asleep but it’s fine. Come in.” She said grabbing Sunhee’s arm. Jiyeon was her only friend who was an idol. They met backstage on music shows and started to become close when their groups began to share the same dressing rooms.

Jiyeon sat Sunhee on the couch and handed her a box of butter cookies. “now spill it, what happened?” Jiyeon asked, seeing right through her.

“Well...my CEO revealed what out concept is going to be today…” Sunhee said.

“And…? What? Don’t tell me you’re doing a cute bubbly concept again, I’ll puke for real this time.” Jiyeon joked.

“No, we’re actually doing the opposite.” Sunhee said. “A y concept.” She announced

“A y concept? Those are really popular these days so I’m not surprised by it… but you seem really upset. What’s the big problem?” Jiyeon asked concerned.

“I don’t know… I’m 26 years old so this kind of concept shouldn’t be that bad but I’m not comfortable with it at all. Just thinking about peoples gazes being on me during music programs makes me want to vomit. I can’t handle it Jiyeon-ah, I can’t.” Sunhee vented. “I trained to be a singer, not a show girl. I would have gone to Las Vegas if I had known this is what I’d be doing for a living, they get paid way more than we do.” Sunhee said.

“Sunhee-ah, you need to go through dirt to be able to do what you really want to. It’s just like how we’re forced to take math and science even if we won’t be majoring in something that has anything to do with it.” Jiyeon said. “I know it seems bad now, and it’ll be really hard at first but… just think of it as a mission that you have to do in order to get closer to what you dream of.” Jiyeon comforted.

“I guess you’re right. It’ll just take some getting use to." Sunhee sighed.

"And look at the bright side, you don't have to sing about how much you love oppa in a high pitched voice anymore." Jiyeon laughed.

"Thank goodness for that." Sunhee said, laughing along. "But i’m so not going on gossip sites anymore, the netizens are going to tear us apart.” Sunhee said, making Jiyeon laugh. “Get use to it, my whole group get’s hated on for even breathing. netizens are trash anyways.” Jiyeon said, patting her friend on the shoulder.

 

“Wake up losers, we have a cover shoot to do.” Youngmi yelled with a pot and a spoon in her hand. “Unnie, shut up!” Nayoung yelled. “And stop stealing my ideas” she added.

“You better get up before I steal the hair off your head!” Youngmi hissed back.

“Now look who has a pot and spoon in their hands.” Sunhee said as she walked through the dorm doors.

“Where the hell have you been? Let me guess, at Jiyeon’s?” Youngmi asked.

“Yeah, how’d you know?” Sunhee asked. “You only have one other close friend outside of this dorm. “ Youngmi laughed.

“So we’re actually going to do this shoot?” Soojin asked half awake. 

“We have to at least try, right?” Sunhee said. “Aish, I really don’t want to though.” Soojin said, scratching the back of her head.

“Too bad, we’re a team, we have to do this together.” Youngmi said.

“Ugh, fine” Nayoung said finally getting out of bed.

 

When the girl’s arrived at the shooting location their manager looked relieved. “You girl’s actually arrived? And you’re on time too…” she said, pleased.

“Yeah, unfortunately the Unnie’s forced us by the ear to come here.” Nayoung mentioned.

“Well hurry up and get changed then.” Jungah said as she dragged them to the dressing room. “Your outfits each have your names on them. Put them on and then call me when you’re ready.” Jungah said before she left the room.

“What the heck are these outfits? Unnie, I can’t wear this!” Soojin said, her heart sinking a little.

“Oh common, it’s not even that bad! You and Nayoung’s outfits are the least revealing so stop whining.” Youngmi said throwing Soojin’s outfit at her.

“These shorts might as well be underwear. It looks like lingerie!” Soojin raged.

Nayoung picked up her outfit and looked fairly pleased “Our CEO must have kept our ages in mind…” Nayoung said.

“Yeah… lucky that you're the youngest” Sunhee said nervously as she looked at her outfit. “Can I even pull this off? I mean, this whole outfit is see through, but at the same time I’m covered. What’s the point…” Sunhee sighed. “But honestly none of us should be complaining when Youngmi isn’t.” Sunhee said to her members.

“Yeah, at least you don’t have to wear fishnet stocking’s” Youngmi said. “I guess since I was the most comfortable with the concept she gave me the most revealing outfit.” Youngmi shrugged.

 

The girl’s quickly put on their outfits with Youngmi’s help, or one could say, force. “Breath in!” Youngmi ordered as she zipped up Sunhee’s shirt. “I’m going to rip this outfit open!” Sunhee worried. “No you won’t, we’ll just lay off the fried chicken the day before we have to wear these outfits, it’s all good.” Youngmi said making Sunhee laugh in pain. “Don’t make me laugh! I’m seriously going to ruin this outfit!”

“Are you girl’s ready yet?” Jungah asked as she walked in. The girl’s all looked up with worried expressions.

“Do we look okay? Is this how we’re suppose to look? Or do we look like a bunch of monkeys in tight clothes?” Nayoung asked.

“You all look hot now get yourselves out of here so we can start the shoot!” Jungah ordered.

“Easy for you to say when you’re wearing track pants and an oversized t-shirt!” Soojin said.

 

After the girl’s took their group shot, which took over 50 tries to take a decent one, they began to take individual shots of each of the members. One by one the members went up in front of the camera. Youngmi went up first, since she was the least nervous and the best one in front of a camera. Then Nayoung went up and, to her surprise, after a few shots she was able to get the wing of things. While she was taking her photos she kept in her mind that if she didn’t do her best now, she would regret it later. Sunhee unfortunately, had a harder time than Youngmi and Nayoung. Every shot that was taken looked too awkward since she didn’t know how to pose and her expression always looked to stiff.

“Sunhee, pose like this.” Youngmi said behind the camera “Think of your ex-boyfriend while you pose, make him jealous.” Nayoung said, making Sunhee laugh. With her members help, Sunhee was able to successfully take her photos.

As for Soojin, she was fine with posing, but rage filled her heart after each photo was taken. “I can't believe I’m actually doing this.” she thought “who the hell is this CEO to make do this?” with that thought she stormed off the set, her members following behind her.

“Soojin, where are you going?” Nayoung called, grabbing her hand.

“I’m changing out of this outfit and leaving.” She said, “Now let go of me!”

“You can’t just leave! Our careers are on the line!” Youngmi yelled.

“don’t raise your voice at me! You don’t understand how I feel!” Soojin yelled back.

“So then tell us, how do you feel? What makes you so angry to put our careers at stake!” Youngmi shouted.

“Is it not obvious? My parents slaved for me to point my at a camera? I feel humiliated and like a piece of meat! Who’s going to treat me seriously after these pictures are revealed? Chanshik will probably laugh at me and look at me like some object!” Soojin raged.

“I understand how you feel about your Parents but Chanshik? If he would treat you like that because of this then he’s trash anyways so who cares.” Sunhee said, pissed off.

“Unnie don’t go off on me because you’re heart is like stone. Good for you, you don’t care about what people think of you, good for you that you can throw guys out easily, but why can’t you think in someone else’s shoes? Not everyone is like you!” Soojin yelled.

“Eh? I’m trying to help and protect you and you’re saying my heart is like stone?” Sunhee said, upset.

“Soojin, watch how you talk to your elders.” Nayoung said quietly.

“I’m older than you Nayoung so you shouldn’t even be talking!” Soojin spat.

“Oh my god, can you all stop fighting? Let's sit down and talk about this like adults.” Youngmi said.

“We shouldn’t even be having this conversation. If Sunhee had waited a bit and picked a proper company then maybe we’d actually be doing a concept that wasn’t so trashy! I put my trust in you Unnie!” Soojin screamed, tears filling her eyes.

Sunhee was speechless, she quickly walked away before her members could see her break down in tears.

“You crossed the line Soojin.” Youngmi said shaking her head.

“Whatever, I can’t stand you guys ganging up on me. I want out of this group.” Soojin said, making Youngmi and Nayoung’s hearts drop. “Soojin, are you being serious? Do you really want to pull a Minsun on us?” Nayoung said.

“I don’t know okay, I need some time to think. I’m out of here.” Soojin said as she stormed off in the dressing room. With that, the other members left and decided to have some alone time to think.

 

Nayoung, being the maknae, knew she didn’t have any choice but to stay out of everything. She knew it wasn’t her place to scold any of her Unnie’s so she usually stayed silent while they were fighting, but for some reason, today she couldn’t hold back. She decided to go to the dance studio since she knew it was the only quiet place where she could be alone.

“Nayoung-ssi, I think you have a visitor.” A company employee said. “His name is Yoon Daeseok, do you know him or is he some sasaeng fan.” He asked.

“Huh? Daeseok is here?” Nayoung asked as she got up from the hard wooden floor she was sitting on. “Let him in, he’s my…cousin” she made up.

“Let him in” the employee said through his phone.

 

“Daeseok-ah, what are you doing here? It’s so late!” Nayoung questioned. “You sounded so sad over the phone, I couldn’t just not come to see you.” he said, pulling her in for a hug.

“But you have work tomorrow, you shouldn’t have come…” Nayoung worried.

“It’s ok Nayoung, don’t worry about it” he smiled. “You wouldn’t tell me what was wrong on the phone so tell me now.” He said as they both sat on a bench. 

“Everything is wrong. Not a single thing went right today…well I guess maybe my cover photos went well but that doesn’t matter because everything is falling apart!” Nayoung vented.

“What do you mean? Did you get in a fight with your Unnie’s? What happened?” he asked, concerned.

“Well it started when Soojin, just out of nowhere, ran off set and started raging about how she couldn’t handle the concept anymore. We ran after her and then a huge fight erupted between all of us.” Nayoung explained.

“Concept? And wait, you mean you already took cover photos for your debut album? Why am I just knowing about this now?” Daeseok asked, a little surprised at all that was going on in Nayoung’s life.

“Yeah… it’s all happening so fast. I wanted to surprise you once the date was official.” Nayoung said.

“So... what is it then? What’s the concept that Soojin couldn’t handle?” Daeseok asked curiously.

“It’s what’s popular these days, a y concept.” Nayoung answered.

“A- a what? What do you mean a y concept?” Daeseok asked in disbelief.

“What’s so confusing about it? It’s a concept where a women embraces being y and isn’t afraid to do so…” Nayoung explained “at first I hated the idea of it, I was totally against it and went off at the CEO, but after todays shoot…I kind of thought it was so much better than our last concept. The outfits were cool and I looked really good. I felt confident for some reason.” Nayoung revealed, but Daeseok just stared at her with a blank expression, as if she was speaking nonsense.

“You mean you’re okay with wearing revealing clothing and showing yourself like that to everyone? What, you didn’t think about how I’d feel about this? I’m your boyfriend, maybe you forgot.” He said, raising his voice.

“Don’t get angry at me! Why the hell would I care how you feel about what I do with MY body? You don’t own me, maybe YOU forgot that.” Nayoung fumed, outraged by what had come out of Daeseok’s mouth.

“I’m not saying I own you! I just don’t want guys looking at you like you’re some piece of meat! I want to protect you Nayoung-ah” Daeseok said, putting his hand on top of hers.

“Protect me? Sounds like you can't handle me not being a possesion that's only yours, but either way, I don’t need you to protect me," she said pulling her hand away "I can do that myself, and if I ever needed someone to, I have 3 other girls beside me. This has to do with my career, my job!" Nayoung said, pointing at herself. "You don’t like me interfering with your work so don’t interfere with mine!” she yelled, picking up her sweatshirt and leaving the dance studio.

"Nayoung wait!" Daeseok yelled as he chased after her. "Nayoung!" he said grabbing onto her arm, "Can you please let me talk for a second!" he begged.

"I don't want to hear what comes out of your mouth right now. You can talk to me when you actually think about what i just said and reflect it on what you said. I won't take your bull anymore Daeseok." Nayoung said, leaving him speechless. 

 

 

 

Sunhee sat at a small restaurant close from their dorm stared at her phone instead of looking at the menu. She then began to dial a long distance number.

“Hello, Sunhee-ah! How is my precious daughter doing?” Sunhee’s mom answered.

“Mom…it’s so good to hear your voice.” Sunhee said, breathing out a sigh of comfort. “I miss you so much.” Sunhee said, her eyes beginning to get watery.

“I miss you too. It’s so hot here, you can’t go a minute with the air conditioner being on!” her mom said.

“Mom… I have something to tell you” Sunhee said nervously.

“What is it? How are the girl’s and your new company? Is everything going alright?” she asked.

“Well, me and Soojin got into a huge fight today…” Sunhee confessed. “we’re actually doing a concept that will probably make us have a bad image by most people…” Sunhee mentioned vaguely. She wanted to avoid telling her mother at all costs, but she knew she had to let her know.

“Let me guess... it’s a y concept, huh? Soojin wouldn’t be comfortable with that… I can understand why she’d feel that way. You have to be very confident to pull that off. Are you comfortable with it Sunhee-ah?” her mom asked, bringing great surprise to Sunhee,

“What? You mean, you don’t want to disown me, or yell at me, or tell me to get my back to Thailand?” Sunhee asked in shock.

“Why would I tell you to quit? You’ve trained for over 6 years, you think I’m going to put all that money to waste?” Her mother said, gaining a laugh from Sunhee. “I guess not..."

“And it's not like you won't be singing." her mom added. "Now go get some sleep so you can show everyone what you’re made of. I’ll call Soojin’s mom and try to calm her down a bit, maybe then Soojin will feel a little more at ease. But if she still can’t do it, then don’t force her to Sunhee-ah, understand?” her mother told.

“I understand… thanks mom, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, goodnight.” Sunhee said before closing the phone.

 

“Are you going to order Miss?” A boy said with a familiar voice. Sunhee quickly turned her head over to him and her smile quickly turned into a frown.

“You!” she pointed.

“Oh , not this Ajumma again.” He panicked, face palming himself. Sunhee quickly got up from her seat “where’s your manager loser, I want to speak with him immedietely.” She said, storming to the front counter. “Ajumma, wait!” he called, grabbing onto her arm. “Let go of me freak! Manager-nim! Your employee needs to be fire-“

Before Sunhee could finish her sentence, the boy pulled her into the storage room and closed the door's behind them.

“What the hell are you doing you ert! Open the door before I call the cops. I have a phone you know?” Sunhee ordered.

“Ajumma, please, im  begging you, don’t say anything to my boss. One more complaint and I’m fired.” He pleaded.

“Wow, really? I’m so shocked.” Sunhee said sarcastically. The boy looked at her desperately and Sunhee began to feel sorry for him. “If you don’t want to lose your job then why do you treat customers like ?” Sunhee asked curiously.

“I’m not always like that… just when i'm working late shifts I get really… impatient? My mom’s home alone working all day and I just wanted all the takeout calls to be done so I could go home and let her rest. She never rests unless I’m home.” He explained.

“Is she scared to sleep without you there? I would too if I lived home alone.” Sunhee sympathized.

“Yeah… there was a really bad experience where some guy broke into our house and stole a really expensive watch and some other stuff… ever since then I get anxious.” He confessed.

“I see… Fine, I’ll let you off this time, but that’s only because you treat your mother well. But if you ever call me Ajumma again, you’re dead, understand?” Sunhee set straight.

“Okay, Ahj- I mean… Sunhee.” The boy said.

“Huh, how do you know my name…?” Sunhee questioned, a little creeped out. Did he overhear me on the phone? But it’s not like I said my name…

“Your friend who almost beat me up mentioned it the other time.” The boy reminded.

“And you remembered that?” Sunhee said surprised. “well I guess, since i'm drop dead gorgeous, you would.” Sunhee joked. “And your name is…?
“Jongin, Kim Jong-In. You can’t read my name tag?” The boy pointed.

“Too lazy to” Sunhee said as she walked over to open the door. Once she pulled it open she met eyes with an incredibly tall man who looked to be very displeased.

“Yah, Kim Jong-in! What are you doing inside here with this girl? Is she your girlfriend? Do you want to get fired?!” he yelled.

“Uhh, no- it’s just…umm-“ he stuttered.

“yeah, I’m his girlfriend, so what? I had some very important news to tell him so…” Sunhee defended, shocking Jongin.

“What important news? Tell me this news that is so important and worth me not firing him!” he yelled.

Jongin panicked, he didn’t know what to say. Sunhee looked at his worried expression and knew that she had to do something to save his job.

Here goes my image “I’m pregnant, OK? Is that good enough for you mister? I came in here to tell him that I’m getting an abortion! Now good riddance to you!” Sunhee yelled before running out of the store.

Both Jongin and his manager looked incredibly shocked. “G-get back to work…Kim Jongin” his boss said before walking away.

“I’m such an idiot. The whole store is probably laughing at me” Sunhee thought, embarrassed at what she just did. “I swear if he got fired after that, I’m killing his boss.” she said under her breath.  

"Wait!" Jongin yelled right before Sunhee was about to leave. "What are you doing out here, go back inside you idiot! I didn't sacrifice my image for you to get fired." Sunhee said, shooing him away.

"At least take these." Jongin said handing her a box of food. "It's jajangmyun, Eat it well. bye Sunhee-ssi" he bowed before he went back inside.

 

Sunhee sat on a table outside of the restaurant to eat the food he had brought for her. When she had finished gobbling up the noodles, she found a paper at the bottom of the box. "Ew, gross, why is there a piece of paper in my food." she said as she picked it up. She unraveled the paper out of curiosity and saw a number written on it with a note written at the bottom.

"Call me, so i can pay you back for today" it read.

"Is this high schooler trying to get with me" Sunhee chuckled. she got up from her chair and threw the box in the garbage, along with the note.