Re-Locate

✤Amazons✤ | 아마조네스

“Our careers are over” Sunhee said, burying her head into her lap. “How?…who?...Just why is this happening to us” Soojin cried.

The girls had gotten another text sent from their manager. This time, it was an article containing pictures from the night they spent at the club before debut. The pictures not only showed Nayoung with Daeseok, but also the highlight of the night; Youngmi and Sunhee’s ‘hit and run’.

“No seriously, who the hell took this photo? They would have to know A) who we were and B) that we were going to debut soon…” Nayoung’s face quickly faced Daeseok and she shot him a death glare “I’m going to ing kill you” she gritted.

“It wasn’t me! I swear. This was way before I even met with your past CEO. We were on good terms here, why the hell would I be responsible for these photos?” Daeseok defended.

“He’s making sense for once” Youngmi said, crossing her arms. “Then it must be lee Sung Ja or one of the many dogs that work for him” Youngmi concluded.

“Our careers are over” Sunhee cried, again. “Unnie, stop! Our careers are not over…it can’t be…” Soojin hoped.

“Get out of here” Nayoung ordered Daeseok. “But-“

“Now!” she repeated, pulling him by his collar and pushing him out the door.

 

A few moments later, the door flung back open “How the hell- oh…” it was their CEO a long with their manager, who both looked to be completed furiously.

All of the girls stood up nervously. “You girl’s have a lot of explaining to do!” their CEO shouted. “I can’t believe you’ve already got yourselves into two scandals. It’s only been a month since you’ve debuted! How can you do this to me?! Going to a club and getting drunk? Who the hell would think this was a good idea!? Sunhee, as the leader you should have prevented this kind of situation from happening!” she continued to yell.

“Look, it’s not Sunhee’s fault, okay? I mean, we figured that we should go to a club at least once before we debut and have to act like perfect innocent angels, so we did. What’s so wrong with that?” Youngmi defended.

“Okay, I get it, you want to party, but these photos are insane! Why the hell does Youngmi have a broken bottle in her hand? And why is there some man passed out on the floor!”

“It’s his fault! He was harassing Sunhee and wouldn’t leave her alone. If I hadn’t interfered when I did then who knows what could have happened!” Youngmi replied angrily.

“So you just had to use violence?” Jungah said, crossing her arms in disappointment.

The girls all lowered their heads in frustration. “We- we’re not perfect” Soojin suddenly let out. “We’re just 4 girls who want to have careers but also want to have fun and live our lives to the fullest. We’re going to make mistakes… why do you always have to react to them by yelling at us like we’ve committed such a bad sin” Soojin vented.

“Look girls, I want to be nice, but I can’t. I’m running a business and you all know how much I want you all to succeed. I can’t have you fail or mess up, I just can’t” Ms. Lee said.

“So at the end of the day we’re just objects to make you money and piss off your brother? Cool, good to know you’re no different from him then” Sunhee spat.

“Excuse me?” Ms. Lee gasped in disbelief at what Sunhee had just uttered.

“This is such bull” Nayoung sighed. “You deal with this scandal yourself then, say we were all secretly given drugs or some . You know, anything to make you not lose money”

“I’m leaving, you girls think about what you’ve done and come to me when you want to actually be respectable idols” she spat before she left their apartment with their manager.

 

The girl’s all plopped themselves on the couch and sighed, “So what do we do now? Cry? Beg our CEO to not kick us out of the company? Tell the media that Sunhee and Youngmi have identical twins?” Soojin jokingly suggested.

“Honestly though, that seems like the only way to get out of this mess; make up some bazaar lie. Too bad we know that won’t work” Nayoung sighed.

“These days celebrities burry themselves in deeper when they lie about their scandals, netizens know they’re lying and it just makes their image worse” Sunhee reasoned.

“So then, what are you suggesting?” Youngmi asked.

“We tell them….the truth…but not the complete truth” Sunhee replied. “What do you mean?” Soojin asked, confused.

“Well, we tell a story that doesn’t make us seem like angels but also doesn’t completely tarnish our image. I mean, if people know that Youngmi hit a guy in the head with a soju bottle, we’re screwed” Sunhee said, gaining laughs from the girls.

“You know what, we were justified in this situation though, even if we do tell them the whole truth…won’t it make us look good? I mean a guy was harassing you and we were only defending ourselves” Youngmi reasoned.

“I know, we all know that we are the victims here, but people will still make us into the bad guys” Sunhee sighed.

“Let’s just sleep on it and see what happens tomorrow” Nayoung yawned, the other girl’s agreeing.

 

The next morning the 4 girls woke up early and made their way to their CEO’s office. They were hoping to convince her with the plan they thought up of over night. They highly doubted she would say yes but they knew they couldn’t just stay in their apartment and do nothing about what was going on.

As the girls got out of the car and ran over to the company’s entrance, cameras and journalists all crowded around them, yelling at them to give them some details on what was going on. But they knew well not to say anything. That was the first rule in the good PR book.

 

“You girls finally show up early and it’s when I don’t even want to see you” Ms. Lee said, unimpressed.

“Look, we know you hate our guts, but we actually have a plan to fix this mess” Youngmi said, making their CEO suddenly become interested in their presence.

“And what would that be?” she asked curiously at what the girls had come up with.

“We tell them the truth” Nayoung said, Ms. Lee’s expression quickly becoming unimpressed.

“Are you girl’s kidding me? That’s what you came up with?” she laughed. “You girl’s just stick to acting pretty in front of the camera, I’ll get our PR team on this and see what we can do”

“Just heat us out for a second” Sunhee said, grabbing their CEO’s attention once again. “We’re not saying we tell them the complete truth, but just some of it. You should know damn well that it’s not easy to fool the public when it comes to scandals, so why don’t we all confess the half truth and give a statement about “reflecting” and that bull the public loves” Sunhee explained.

“And what would this half truth be?” Ms. Lee asked.

“That we’re all girls in our 20’s and decided to go clubbing for the last time before our debut. We just wanted to have fun before we would have to occupy ourselves with “bigger responsibilities”. Then a guy approached Sunhee and Youngmi with a soju bottle and Youngmi tried to yank it out of his hands since he was about to hit Sunhee with it. Once Youngmi got it out of his grasp the man collapsed from being so drunk” Nayoung made up on the spot, the girl’s all staring at her in amazement.

“Whoa, I always knew you were a good liar, but not this good” Soojin commented.

The CEO looked at the girls in doubt “can this situation really be this easily solved?” she thought.

“I’ll think about it…in the meantime, stay in your apartment and never leave until I give you all permission to. We’re doing damage control right now and we can’t afford reporters taking pictures of you and spreading false rumors” Ms. Lee explained. The girls all nodded in understanding of her orders and quickly made their way back home.

 

The girls all decided to take a long nap to make up for how early they got up. They stayed peacefully asleep until Youngmi heard a banging on the door.

“Who the hell want’s to die this time?” Youngmi mumbled, still half asleep. She slowly got up and made her way to the door that continued to shake. “What the hell!” she yelled as she opened it. She met eyes with an unfamiliar man who looked to be in his mid forties.

“Excuse me, are you Kim Youngmi, the owner of this apartment?” the man asked impatiently. “Uhh yeah, and who are you?” she asked rudely. “I need you to leave this apartment immediately. You don’t have the right to stay here anymore” the man suddenly informed.

“What!? Says who!?” she yelled. “A man named Lee SunJa apparently owns this house now” the man explained. “Eh? He owned this house when we first moved in but I rented it once he dropped the lease. How the heck can we just be kicked out? I’m paying for this house, not him!” Youngmi argued.

“I’m sorry, I’m just the messenger. You and anyone else living here needs to leave until you get the ownership rights settled” the man replied, quickly turning around to leave before Youngmi could argue with him more.

“Yah! Where are you going!” she yelled, waking up the rest of the girls.

“What’s going on?” Soojin asked, half awake.

“We’re being kicked out of this house for the time being” Younmi informed.

“Wait- what!?” Soojin asked in disbelief. “Yeah, I know. It makes no sense and it’s all that bastard Sungja’s fault!” Youngmi raged.

“Unnie, what the hell are we gong to do?” Nayoung cried. “I don’t know… just pack a small suitcase of the necessities and we’ll stay at our parents’ house for the time being- wait” Youngmi looked at Sunhee, realizing that she had no place to go.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll go to a hotel” Sunhee assured. “Eh? why would you go to a hotel, you can just stay with me” Youngmi offered.

“No, it’s fine. I don’t want to bother any of your parents. I’m sure our CEO will pay for my room anyways, so no worries. You’ll be extremely busy handling this mess anyways Youngmi. You don’t need me bothering you” Sunhee insisted.

“I would let you stay with me but I don’t want you to be uncomfortable, my house is already packed” Soojin said regretfully. “Yeah same, my house isn’t that big” Nayoung said.

“It’s fine, I’m a big girl, okay? Don’t worry” Sunhee assured, forcing a smile on her face. “common let’s get packing” she ordered, making all of the girl’s groan in annoyance.

 

The day quickly fell to night and all of the girls had made their way back home, well, except for Sunhee who decided to go eat a free bowl of jajjangmyun.

“They kicked all of you out!?” Jongin asked, in shock at what Sunhee had just blurted out to him.

“Yup” she plainly replied, continuing to stuff her face with noodles.

“Wait, slow down. How could they have just kicked you out of an apartment that Youngmi was paying for? It makes no sense? I mean legally this really makes NO sense” Jongin said, still confused by the whole situation.

“Yeah, well, that’s life. Legal accuracy means these days. We all have to re-locate until Youngmi handles the situation…I feel sorry for her, actually” Sunhee sighed.

“But wait…do you even have anywhere to go? Your mom lives in Thailand” Jongin realized.

“I was going to go to a hotel but the CEO said I can’t because it could stir up rumors apparently. So stupid” Sunhee groaned.

“So where are you going to stay?” Jongin asked worriedly.

“I don’t know…probably some unknown motel where the ajussi working there is too old to recognize me” Sunhee replied, making Jongin almost fall out of his seat.

“You will not!” he refused. “And who are you? My mother?” Sunhee laughed. “Uh, yeah” he replied without thinking, “I mean no, but, my mother says you can’t” Jongin made up, making Sunhee laugh hysterically.

“You can stay with me” Jongin suddenly offered, nervous at how Sunhee would react.

“Stay with you? Are you being serious right now?” Sunhee asked. “Yes…I am. I mean, my house isn’t that far from here and only old people who have no clue what year it is live around us” Jongin said, making Sunhee laugh, once again.

“Thanks for offering but, I don’t want to bother you nor do I want to bother your busy mother. Plus, she would be shocked if you brought some random girl to stay at your house” Sunhee rejected.

“But, she’s not like that. She’ll be happy to see that I have such a great noona” Jongin smiled, giving Sunhee a wink.

“You are really pushing it Jongin” Sunhee chuckled. “Common, just stay with me?  I mean, we’ve technically gone through an abortion together” he said, making Sunhee choke on her noodles. “I’m going to kill you Kim Jongin!” Sunhee yelled, waving her chopsticks furiously at him.

“So is that a yes then?” Jongin smiled.

“Fine, I’ll stay with you, but just know, I’m gonna make your life hell, so prepare yourself” Sunhee joked.

“Fine with me” Jongin smiled.

 

“Yah, Cha Sunwoo, open up, it’s me, Soojin” Soojin yelled as she banged on an apartment door.

A few seconds later the door flew open, “Soojin-ah!” Sunwoo called with a huge smile on his face. “What brings you hear? You surprised me” he said.

“I’m rooming with you for a few days” Soojin suddenly alerted, walking into his apartment without permission.

“Eh? Rooming with me? Why?” Sunwoo asked, completely taken a back by Soojin’s sudden statement.

“We can’t live in our apartment for a few days…or weeks…or maybe months. It’s all that damn Lee Ja’s fault. I don’t want my parents to know so I’m rooming with you” Soojin explained.

“You’re seriously staying here?” Sunwoo said joyfully “I mean… you better not bother me!” he said, trying to hide his happiness.

“Yup, I mean, my parents have been so worried about me, how could I tell them we got kicked out of the apartment? My dad is already pissed about me becoming a celebrity” Soojin sighed.

“Yeah…I understand. I have a spare room anyways, you know, since Gongchan moved out” Sunwoo said.

“Great, I have to sleep in his room? Gross, did you clean the sheets?” Soojin asked. “Yeah, I did, so no worries. It is Gongchan free now” Sunwoo Chuckled.

“Great, thanks a lot Sunwoo” Soojin said, giving him a hug.

Sunwoo was once again, taken by surprised. He felt like him and Soojin has just got closer and it made him feel incredibly happy to know she was this comfortable being around him. He didn’t want to admit it, but he was just a tiny bit happy at their current situation. It was like a dream come true to him.

“She must really trust me, so I can’t mess this up” he thought.

 


Hi Hi Hi!!! I hope you all don't hate me for updating like 3 months late. I have an excuse though, i was in Istanbul for all of august and then Uni started and i've been (and am still) so busy with work. I have pre-written chapters for my other fic, but for this one i had none to update with but i finally got down to fishing one! (it took me like 3 weeks though, i am that busy =(  i hate UNI). I will try my best to update in less than 3 months! (lol joking, or am i??)