Wrong Song

✤Amazons✤ | 아마조네스

“Why are you calling me in here again? I already told you everything I know, I thought you’d take care of the rest?” Daeseok asked impatiently as he sat in front of the CEO of Amazons past record label.

“Why? Have you checked what people are saying about these girl’s online? They’re praising them! This is not how the plan was supposed to go. Instead of embarrassing the girl’s I have only made them get even more attention” the CEO raged.

“Well, they say bad press is still good…” Daeseok commented plainly.

“Then this is no good. I’ve been too easy on them, I was going to start off light but I think I just need to go all out now. I’ll end them once and for all before they can even bask in the limelight they’re receiving” he grated.

“Ok… but I still don’t understand why you called me in here?” Daeseok asked, annoyed. “Because, you and Nayoung need to make up” he replied.

“What!? There’s no way in hell that she’s going to forgive me” Daeseok refused.

“Well you have to find some way for her to forgive you. I need to get more details on these girl’s plans from the inside” the CEO explained. “I won’t do it… I can’t stand lying to her anymore” Daeseok persisted. “So I’m assuming you don’t want this money either then?” the CEO said, holding up an envelope in his hand. Daeseok looked at it dangle in his hands and sighed in disappointment.

“F-fine, I’ll give it a shot” he replied, making the CEO grin in satisfaction.

 

 

“Soojin-ah~” Sunhee said cutely, scaring her fellow member “what do you want Unnie? You want to borrow one of my brand name shoes again?” Soojin asked, looking at Sunhee suspiciously.

“No, that’s not it at all. I’m just in a good mood, what, can’t I be happy?” Sunhee pouted. “Sure Unnie, but since when did you do aegyo? Are you spending too much time with Nayoung?” Soojin asked.

“No, I just like calling your name like that, okay? Now, come to the store with me. we’re low on groceries and I need help” Sunhee ordered. “Unnie! I’m so tried, tell someone else to do it!” Soojin whined. “I can’t, Nayoung has a schedule on some variety show and Youngmi is older than you so you have to do it” Sunhee said, making Soojin groan in annoyance.

“Fine, let me go get my coat” Soojin sighed.

 

“Unnie, which grocery store are we even going to? You passed the one beside our dorm.” Soojin asked.

“The one that sells coffee beans” Sunhee giggled. “Wait what? Doesn’t every grocery store sell coffee beans?” Soojin asked confused.

“No no no, this one ONLY sells coffee beans…and coffee and lattes and-“

“Unnie what the hell, are we going to a coffee shop?” Soojin asked. “I guess that’s what you young kid’s call it these days” Sunhee laughed.

“Unnie… you’re acting weird…” Soojin said, suspiciously. “Soojin-ah, can you do me one favor?” Sunhee asked. “What…?” Soojin asked hesitantly. “Don’t run away, since I’m taking you here… you can trust me” Sunhee requested, making Soojin more confused.

“What the hell are you up to?” she asked, crossing her arms impatiently. Sunhee ignored her question and parked the car next to a coffee shop. “I’m not getting out” Soojin said, keeping her feet planted to the floor of the car.

“Aish” Sunhee sighed, she opened the door where Soojin was sitting and pulled her out by force “Yah, Unnie!” Soojin cried. “I said trust me, jeez, all these years and you can’t trust me?” Sunhee said, shaking her head. “Well maybe if you didn’t take me to a coffee shop instead of a grocery store I would be a little more trustworthy of you” Soojin said, sticking her tongue out.

“Yeah yeah, whatever. Now follow me” Sunhee ordered, taking Soojin’s hand and forcefully dragging her inside.

 

“Lee Sun Hee!” Soojin quietly cried “how could you possibly do this to me!” she bickered as Sunhee continues to drag her to a table where Sunwoo was seated.

“You brought her here by force?” Sunwoo asked worriedly. “This was the fasted way and I really had no time to convince her to see you” Sunhee explained.

“Unnie! I’m a big girl now, can’t you let me make my own decisions?” Soojin whined. “Yeah, but why on earth would you decide to see Sunwoo after the move he pulled on you? I’m very proud of you for standing up for yourself by the way” Sunhee smiled.

“Umm, not helping Noona!” Sunwoo poked. Soojin laughed and decided to just give in and hear Sunwoo out. “You can leave Unnie, I can handle it from here” Soojin reassured. “Was going to leave anyway, Seeya~” Sunhee waved before she left.

 

“You have 5 minutes Sunwoo” Soojin alerted as she sat down in front of him.

“Soojin-ah… I know I don’t deserve your forgivenessm or your time even, but I just wanted you to know that I’m really sorry” he apologized. “I was being completely selfish and inconsiderate. I regret everything I did and thought, not only on that day, but before it too” Sunwoo let out, making Soojin become curious “What do you mean, before that day?” she asked.

“Sunhee and I talked and she made me realize something… I can’t really explain it in detail but some of the expectations I had were really selfish and just really wrong. I really haven’t been able to sleep well these past few days because I was so frustrated with myself” he confessed.

“Sunwoo, you know the way I like Gongchan is no where close to the way I like you, right?” Soojin said, Sunwoo’s face flushing with surprise. “I like Gongchan because he’s good looking and fun to be around. I’ve realized that I really don’t like him for…who he is. But you, I like you because of who you are and that’s why I was even more upset that you would do such a thing to me” Soojin explained “honestly, I don’t care about Gongchan playing me, I don’t expect more from him, but you and I are best friends”

“I know, and I would never want to let out friendship go no matter what happens. I was just lost in my self-centered thoughts and so I made a big mistake. If you still can’t forgive me then-”

“I forgive you Sunwoo-ah” Soojin smiled. “What? Really?” Sunwoo beamed in disbelief.

“Yeah… I don’t want to throw our friendship away either” Soojin said “but if you pull anything like this again I won’t be so forgiving, got it Sunwoo?”

“I got it”

 

 

“I’m so tired” Nayoung sighed as she walked into the dorm. It was 11PM and she had finally gotten back from a schedule. Since Nayoung was the most natural on camera, their CEO decided to put her in any possible activities and shows that were available. The girls had been on shows as four, but those shows were mostly just short interview segments.

“Aww, our Nayoung is working so hard” Youngmi praised, pinching Nayoung’s cheeks. “You’re next Unnie” Nayoung said.

“I heard… apparently I’ll be on some show I’ve never even heard of in a few days” Youngmi revealed.

“What kind of show is it? Do you even know?” Sunhee asked as she peeled a mango for a hungry looking Nayoung. “I have no clue, I even forget the name of the show. But apparently there will be a lot of other idols on it too…” Youngmi replied.

“Unnie, it’s called “All the k-pop” and you’re going to be matched up with one of the male idols there. I’ll pray for him” Nayoung joked.

“Huh? How do you know all of this?” Youngmi asked curiously. “Because our manager was telling me about what the show will be about on the day you’re on it” Nayoung explained.

“So you’re telling me I have to act like I’m interested in one of these guys? What if I get matched with someone ugly?” Youngmi worried, making the girl’s laugh. “That’s not how it works you idiot. You get to choose” Nayoung said. “But what if all of them are ugly? What happens then?” Youngmi said, making Sunhee and Nayoung laugh even more “Well, no one said it was going to be easy” Sunhee said as she fed Nayoung.

“Well I better sleep, I’m scheduled to be on this dance competition show tomorrow… I’m really scared to be honest” Nayoung pouted. “Don’t worry to much, you’ll slay everyone there” Sunhee comforted. “Yeah, and maybe there will be hot guys there. Get some of their numbers for me” Youngmi winked. “No thanks Unnie” Nayoung refused as she walked over to her room.

 

“Where the heck is Soojin, by the way? Did you lock her and Sunwoo up in a closet or something?” Youngmi joked. “Nah, I had them meet at a coffee shop… which probably closed a while ago so why the hell aren’t they back yet?” Sunhee worried. “She’ll probably be back by 3AM so just go to sleep grandma” Youngmi teased.

“You’re only a year younger than me, remember that!” Sunhee shot back.

 

The next morning, Nayoung got up early to prepare for her schedule while her Unnies slept tightly in their beds. Nayoung was excited because she could finally show her individual talents but she was also extremely nervous that she might mess up. As soon as she finished eating a light breakfast, the van that would take her to the filming site arrived.

As she got into the van she was greeting by Jungah and their dance trainer, Minkyung. “Now remember-“

“Sit up straight, no fidgeting, and smile and laugh at everything remotely funny” Nayoung said, interrupting Jungah’s daily speech.

“You forgot one more thing-”

“Don’t flirt with any of the male idols there because you don’t want crazy fangirl’s at your throat” Nayoung interrupted again, making Minkyung laugh.

“Well that takes half the fun out of everything” Minkyung said. “I know right? How can I have fun if I’m too busy trying to be on my best “perfect idol” behavior” Nayoung pouted. “Hey, I don’t make the rules. I am just relaying what they told me to tell you” Jungah defended. “Well the rules are lame!” Nayoung replied.

 

Once they arrived, Nayoung quickly got changed so she could get mic’ed up. After the sound check, the idols who were participating were asked to stand on the stage so that the show could begin.

Nayoung had to contain her inner fangirl as she stood on stage with celebrities she liked. She kept reminding herself that she had to keep it cool but she couldn’t hide her smile throughout the show. When it was finally her turn she knew she had to put her game face on and do her best so she could impress people and get more people interested in Amazons. People only knew Nayoung as “the girl who tripped on stage” and she wanted to create a new image for herself.

“Hi, I’m Amazon’s maknae Nayoung” she greeted. “You’re from a rookie group so you must be nervous to be here without your members, right?” the MC asked. “Yeah, I wish they were here” Nayoung smiled.

Behind the camera was Jungah holding up a huge sign that said “smile or die” which made Nayoung crack up on stage.

“sorry, I laugh when i'm nervous” Nayoung made up. “Alright, well it’s your turn so good luck and don’t trip” the MC joked. Nayoung let out a fake laugh and got into position.

 

Once the music started playing Nayoung froze “what the hell, this isn’t the song I told them to play” she panicked. The audience was looking at her blankly and she realized she just had to go with it.

Nayoung had always loved doing freestyle in the studio but she didn’t know if she could pull it off under so much pressure. Jungah and Minkyung looked at each other in panic and looked back at Nayoung who was surprising handling the situation well.

Everyone stared at her in amazement, making Jungah let out a sigh of relief. As soon as the song ended everyone applauded her performance and that brought a smile to her face. Nayoung bowed and quickly went back to her seat. The show quickly ended and, although Nayoung came third place, she was pleased with her ranking.

 

“What the hell, we never prepared that song! Who told them to play it?” Minkyung raged “I don’t know, but I have a feeling that this was not by accident” Nayoung said, crossing her arms.

“Let me guess, Lee Sunja?” Jungah said, incredibly frustrated. “Yup. I’m seriously going to throw that guy off the Han River!” Nayoung fumed.

 Suddenly someone tapped her from behind. She turned around to see who it was and her eyes met with the last person she wanted to see.

“Lee Daeseok?! Who the hell let you in here!” Nayoung yelled, gaining everyone’s attention.

 


Sorry if this chapter was boring!