Ready, Set, Action!

✤Amazons✤ | 아마조네스

“I’m so tired, I barely got any sleep yesterday.” Soojin said half asleep.

“At least you’re not that one driving.” Sunhee yawned.

The girl’s had gotten up especially early this morning since they were too excited to find out what was going to be their title track to sleep. On their way to the company they always passed by other entertainment companies and the members would always look outside the window to spot other idols. Although they were considered idols themselves, seeing celebrities still fascinated them.

“Ya! Pull over!” Youngmi yelled. “Eh? why?” Sunhee asked, still driving. “I think I see that Taekwoon guy!” Youngmi said.

“Taek who?” Sunhee asked. “Just pull over!” Youngmi ordered.

“Yah, we’re close to Jellyfish entertainment, that must be him then. It looks like the other members are with him too?” Soojin pointed. “they’re headed towards the coffee shop it seems. Let’s go get coffee since we’re early anyways, that way Youngmi can naturally flirt with the guy.” Nayoung suggested.

“As if the naturalness level ever bothered her” Sunhee laughed as she pulled over beside the coffee shop. Youngmi quickly got out the moment the car stopped.

The girl’s casually walked into the coffee shop and all faced each other.

“Rock, paper scissors” they said in unison.

“YES! Sunhee, you lose” Nayoung said sticking her tongue out at her. The members of VIXX were all laughing at them.

“I guess we look kind of weird huh?” Soojin said. “We’ve done weirder things, now go get our drinks Unnie.” Nayoung said, locking arms with Soojin and dragging her to the table. Youngmi of course, was already annoying Taekwoon with her small talk.

“Jung Taekwoon, we seem to be running into each other a lot these days.” Youngmi said as she approached him casually. "Or should i call you Leo?" she asked. Although Youngmi had a smile on her face, Leo on the other hand, didn’t. "Leo is better." he said plainly.

 His expression quickly turned awkward and he immediately clung onto one of s.

“hyung, help me.”  he said with his eyes. could read the situation and quickly tried to make things a little less awkward.

“Hello, I’m Cha Hakyeon” he introduced “are you Leo’s fan perhaps?” he asked.

“fan? No… I’m an idol from a flop nugu group.” Youngmi said, making Haekyeon laugh. A small smile appeared on Leo’s face but he quickly tried to hide it by looking down.

“Ahh, I see.” He smiled “so what’s your groups name then? Maybe we know it!” Hakyeon asked.

“Uhh, well we’re actually re-debuting soon as a group called Amazons. I don’t know if you’ve heard of a group called sugar girl’s before…that was our past group name… so embarrassing.” Youngmi said, cringing at the thought.

Leo’s head suddenly looked up “That’s who you girl’s are… I thought you looked familiar.” He finally said.

“Ahh, the group who were able to terminate there contracts in 2 weeks. Of course we’ve heard of it! it was all over the news.” Hakyeon remembered.

“That’s quite impressive…” Leo quietly commented.

“Wow, I think this is the first time I hear your voice.” Youngmi laughed. “But thanks, it really wasn’t due to our skill though. We just got… lucky, I guess.” Youngmi sighed.

 

“Poor guy” Nayoung laughed, Soojin laughing along “Yeah, he seems so shy and uncomfortable with her talking to him so suddenly.”

“Should we… save him?” Soojin asked seriously. “I kind of feel bad. I mean, it’s fine when Youngmi does it with players, but this guy seems like a quiet guy…” Soojin commented.

“He’s basically the opposite of Youngmi… how is she even attracted to such opposites?” Nayoung laughed. “I don’t even know. The girl is really something.” Soojin said.

“Oh, thank goodness, N saved him. Now I don’t have to bear through this second and embarrassment!” Nayoung said, letting out a sigh of relief. "How do you even know all of these idols stage names?" Soojin asked, amazed.

"It's called a fan girl's skill, okay?" 

 

Meanwhile, Sunhee was waiting for her turn to order. The line was long since it was the morning so she decided to take out her phone and update herself on the latest news.

“How may I help you?” a boy said, but Sunhee was still staring at her phone, unaware that it was her turn. “Miss? …Sunhee, is that you?” Sunhee quickly looked up.

“Boy I made a fool of my self for!” Sunhee gasped, making the boy laugh. “Do you work everywhere or something?” Sunhee asked in disbelief.

“you mean Jongin?” the boy smiled.

“Ahh yes, your name is Jongin, Bae Jongin, right?” Sunhee asked, unsure. “Kim Jongin, Kim” he articulated. “And I work here in the mornings, the restaurant at night.”

“Ahh, right. Well I’ll get 4 Irish cream coffees to go.” Sunhee ordered.

“Okay, coming right up.” He smiled.

Why is he smiling so much in the morning?” Sunhee thought, a little creeped out.

Sunhee waited patiently while he put the 4 cups in a cup holder. “Thanks” Sunhee chirped, holding out her hands for the coffees.

“Not so fast Noona. I want an explanation first.” He requested.

“An explanation? Really Jongin-ah? I’m the customer here. Hand me the coffee and no one get's hurt. -And who allowed you to call me Noona?” Sunhee scolded, making Jongin smile happily.

“Stop smiling.” Sunhee said, frustrated. “You called me Jongin-ah” he pointed out.

“Whatever... What’s the explanation you want? I’m running short on time.” Sunhee said as she took a glance at her watch.

“You never called me… did you not receive my number? Did you perhaps… eat it?” he asked worriedly, making Sunhee burst out into laughter.

“No, I got it.” she said, continuing to laugh at his worried expression that soon changed to relieved.

“Well then? What, you didn’t want to see me again?” he asked sadly.

“Jongin-ah, you’re a high school student, right? I’m much older than you and I’m really busy preparing to debut soon.” Sunhee explained.

“Huh? I’m not a high-“

“Oh , that reminds me, I gotta go! Bye Jung Jongin!” Sunhee chimed as she took the cup holder from his hands and ran out the door, dragging the girl’s with her.

“It’s Kim…Kim” he sighed.

 

Sunhee quickly parked the car and the members ran towards the dance studio. When they arrived they found Minkyung waiting for their arrival.

“You girl’s are finally here!” she said, excited to reveal what there title track was going to be.

“Unnie, yesterday you didn’t answer my text!” Soojin complained.

“Huh, why were you texting Minkyung?” Sunhee asked, although she already had an idea of why it was.

“She texted me 50 times asking me what the title track was. I couldn’t even go to sleep so I had to put my phone on silent!” Minkyung scolded.

“Oops… sorry Unnie, it’s because I couldn’t sleep last night…” Soojin explained.

“What kind of group only finds out about their title track 2 weeks before anyways.” Youngmi said.

“Well either way, the moment you’ve all been waiting for is finally here!” Minkyung sang, the girls’ anticipation rising immensely. Minkyung hit play on the remote in her hand and the song finally started to play.

“Assa!” Youngmi exclaimed, high fiving Nayoung who was next to her. “We were both praying it would be this song!” Nayoung said happily. Soojin and Sunhee also looked pleased and a flush of relief appeared on all of the members faces.

“Thank god it isn’t one of those horrendous ear bleeding songs we recorded!” Soojin said. “I know right? Singing a song you hate for months is probably one of the worst things about being an idol.” Sunhee added.

“But what’s the name of the song? When we recorded the song it was just named “demo 7”” Youngmi asked.

“It has a name now, “Female President”” Minkyung smiled.

 

The girl’s quickly began to learn the dance routine for their upcoming single. The dance routine wasn’t extremely difficult since their CEO wanted them to sing live, but it was still enough to get them tired. Although the dance moves were fairly straight forward, Sunhee was having a hard time presenting them well.

“Aish, I really at this.” Sunhee sighed, “I at dancing and on top of that I have zero appeal” she laughed.

“It’s okay Unnie, you’ll stand out for your awkward dancing. We can media play about it.” Youngmi joked.

“Can’t I just sing at the side while you girl’s dance? How about we change the group name to Lee Sunhee and her backup dancers!” Sunhee jokingly suggested.

“Yeah, not gonna happen Unnie.” Nayoung crossed her arms. “Since you helped us record our parts well, we’ll help you to not look like a 4 legged dog on stage.” Nayoung smiled.

“A 4 legged dog? Don’t you dare ever say that on broadcast, I don’t want that to become my nickname!” Sunhee scolded.

“Seriously Unnie, you look like a grandma.” Soojin joked.

“Okay, let’s stop insulting the leader.” Minkyung laughed “Just video tape yourself doing the dance and then try to fix what looks awkward.” She suggested.

“Basically everything. Common Sunhee, I’ll help you become at least half as good as me.” Nayoung said, making Sunhee let out a puff of laughter “Look at her show off”

“We have to get rid of your dead fish eye look too Unnie.” Soojin added, “I don’t know why I put up with you bullies!” Sunhee raged.

 

The girl’s continued to practice their routine diligently throughout the week and they had finally gotten it perfect. Still, there was another aspect of their performance not yet perfected.

“Live singing, now who’s going to need my help?” Sunhee smiled. “Let’s admit the truth that I am the best singer of this group and the rest of you are lacking”

“Psh, look who’s showing off now!” Nayoung laughed. “Sunhee, you’re really not that great.” Youngmi joked.

“Yes I am!” Sunhee insisted. “Now you losers listen up to your leader!” Sunhee demanded, only making her fellow members laugh. “I learned this exercise while I was training in Thailand. It’s really tiring and annoying, but it works.”

“Well if it works then hurry up and tell us your secret princess.” Soojin waited.

“Running while singing. You basically run around and sing your parts. It helps you have better stamina.” The girl’s groaned at the thought of it. “Unnie, I am already as tired as it is, can’t you just sing my parts for me?” Nayoung begged.

“Nayoung. You’re a pretty good singer, what about me? I’m so scared for our debut date, what if my voice cracks?” Soojin worried.

“Soojin you can sing, it’s just that you’re not confident enough to use your voice at it’s best potential.” Youngmi consoled.

“Exactly, so get your lazy selves up and let’s get running!” Sunhee said, forcing her members outside.

 

The girl’s, with their track suits on, started running in the busy streets side by side. They hadn’t even begun singing and were already getting awkward stares.

“Yah, Baek Nayoung, why aren’t you singing!? Your part is first!” Sunhee yelled, halting her members in the middle of the sidewalk. “Aish, this is so awkward!” Nayoung whined. “Well the sooner you sing the sooner we get this over with.” Sunhee said, not budging.

“But why are we even doing this in the streets? Can’t we just do it inside our company?” Soojin suggested.

“This way we’ll get rid of our stage fright and improve our voices.” Sunhee explained.

“Come on, women up.” Youngmi said grabbing Soojin’s arm and running. Sunhee grabbed Nayoung's hand and followed them.

Nayoung knew she wasn’t getting out of this one so she began to sing her lines. With the encouragement of her Unnies, Soojin managed to sing hers too, and the rest of the members followed along. They were receiving stares and laughs from the people around them, but they were too busy paying attention to each other’s singing to care. They had sang their song about 15 times by the time they arrived back at their company.

The girl’s immediately sat down on a bench next to the entrance and panted heavily. Their heavy breathing soon became heavy laughter “I can’t believe we just did that.” Nayoung said. “Now we shouldn’t be afraid of anything.” Youngmi said satisfied.

“I’m set to eat 5 boxes of fried chicken now.” Soojin made out through her breaths. “On the topic of chicken, let’s go get some!” Sunhee suggested.

“let’s go get it from your boyfriends restaurant!” Nayoung proposed. “Boyfriend? You mean that Jongin guy? He’s not my boyfriend idiot.” Sunhee replied.

“Whatever, let’s go, I’m starving!” Youngmi said.

 

The girl’s walked over to the restaurant and turned towards each other “Let’s not do rock paper scissors this time. Sunhee, you have to get it by default.” Youngmi said.

“Huh? Why me? You think I want to stand in that line? Did you guys forget that I’m a grandma?” Sunhee refused. “Now you admit that you’re a grandma?” Soojin laughed.

“You’re the only one who could get us a discount. Aren’t you famous around here now? Everyone is staring at you.” Youngmi pointed, making Sunhee realize the weird stares she was getting.

“Aish, how do these people even remember my face? Is it that memorable?” she sighed “Why do we need a discount when you’re loaded with cash?” Sunhee asked. “Because I only have 6 dollars on me and knowing you 3 you’re probably not carrying any cash” Youngmi said as she handed her the money and pushed her in the line.

“Hello miss, sorry to inform you but… Jongin is doing delivery today.” A man said with an uncomfortable look on his face. “I don’t care about Jongin, okay? Just give me 2 boxes of fried chicken and we’ll both be happy.” Sunhee said, handing him some money.

“Miss, you’re short 5 dollars.” The man said. “Charge Jongin for it” Sunhee replied, making her members laugh.

Sunhee finally made it back to the table and the members clapped for her happily. “Great performance Sunhee.” Youngmi said proudly as she took the bag with the boxes of chicken in them. “I’m amazing right?” Sunhee self complimented. “Now let’s go home”

“Alright, you 3 go outside. I’ll be out in a bit, I need to use the bathroom.” Youngmi said, the girl’s nodded and left the store.

Youngmi of course, didn’t really need to go to the bathroom. “Excuse me, can you pass this note on to that Jongin kid. I have eyes everywhere so if you open it I’ll know.” Youngmi said as she handed him a paper “Have a nice night” she said before she left.

 

“Kim Jongin, your girlfriend came by an hour ago.” One of the employees revealed as Jongin entered the restaurant after his delivery shift.

“Girlfriend? But I don’t have a girlfriend Jihoon…” Jongin asked, confused.

“Huh? What do you mean? Did you break up with that girl after she got pregnant?” Jihoon asked shocked.

“Oh, you mean Sunhee? I didn’t break up with her…uh…” he panicked “she said that she wants some time to herself so…” he made up. “but she came by? When!? Today?” Jongin exclaimed.

“Yeah, her friend relayed this to me.” he said, handing him a note. Jongin quickly opened it up and saw a number written on it “Assa!” he chimed in joy.

"Bye the way, your paycheck will be missing 5 dollars." Jihoon alerted. "huh? Why? Is the manager being an again?" Jongin groaned.

"nope, your girlfriend only payed for half of her fried chicken today." Jihoon laughed.

"I have a feeling i'll be losing a few dollars every now and then now" Jongin said, smiling to himself. "If she comes again, don't charge her anything, okay?"

"Aww how romantic of you. Giving your girlfriend free chicken wings" Jihoon joked nudging Jongin.

 

 

“So, you and Daeseok are back together huh?” Soojin asked after Nayoung ended her call with him. Soojin often lounged in Nayoung’s room when she felt lonely.

“Yeah… Since he seemed sincere I gave him a second shot. Am I being too easy?” Nayoung asked worriedly.

“I don’t know, what is being easy anyways? I feel like I get labeled as an easy girl since I chase after boys than just waiting for them to make the first move.” Soojin sighed.

“Those people saying those things are probably the boys you’ve rejected. They’re so bitter.” Nayoung comforted. “On the topic of chasing boys, you and Chanshik haven’t made much progress, huh?” Nayoung asked.

“Nah, I don’t even understand what our relationship is. Does he even see me as a friend or an annoying girl who’s friends with his friend. I bet he sees me as a little girl who has a crush on him. I hate that.” Soojin moped.

“Can I ask why you even like him in the first place?” Nayoung said hesitantly.

“To be honest, it’s superficial. I think he’s hot and I like his whole mysterious image. Sometimes I feel like I’m just in it for the chase rather than a real relationship.” Soojin confessed. “but at the same time… the things I feel around him seem more real than that, or maybe I’m just deluding myself.”

“Seems to me that you don’t even know how you feel about him. I think you need to get to know him as a person first. Find out how his personality is like, and then you’ll see if you actually like him or not. Maybe Sunwoo can help you out since you’re best friends.” Nayoung proposed.

“Yeah, maybe… but for some reason I don’t want to get Sunwoo involved…” Soojin said.

“Why not? Aren’t you two close?” Nayoung asked.

“Yeah but…I just don’t want him involved in this…I don’t really know why…” Soojin said frustrated.

“Hmm, you’re acting strange Soojin.” Nayoung said suspiciously. “I just need time to put my thoughts together, that’s all.” Soojin said. She climbed under the sheets and pretended to go to sleep.

 

 

A week passed quickly and the girl’s were finally scheduled to film for their “Debut” music video. The girl’s had practiced their expressions and poses all night, as well as their dance routine. They wanted it to be the best it could be, and most of all, they wanted to piss off their CEO. They had made incredible progress in the last few months under NG Entertainment, and were so excited to just show it off. They wanted to prove everyone wrong and shock them with their transformation.

The same worries from their cover shoot lingered while they were in their dressing room. They had all gotten their make up done and were now putting on their outfits.

“It might be hard but…let’s just think of the ending result, okay?” Youngmi said, encouraging her members.

“Yeah, let’s just have fun with it. while your dancing pretend that our past CEO is below your feet and the only way to kill him is by doing the moves as powerful as you can!” Nayoung said, making her members laugh.

“Baek Nayoung, you have a gift.” One of the stylists walked in and handed her a bouquet of flowers.

“Oh god, they’re from Daeseok, aren’t they?” Sunhee groaned.

“L.D is written on the card so I guess so… good thing he didn’t write his name” Nayoung said, relieved.

“You girl’s ready?” their manager said as she walked into the dressing room, Nayoung quickly hid the flowers under her clothes so that her manager wouldn’t get suspicious.

“Uh-huh” they replied.

“Okay, we’re going to split everything in parts. First we’re going to shoot the teaser MV, then we will film just the dance part of the MV, then individual parts, and finally group parts. You girls have been through this before so it should all be pretty straight forward” Jungah explained.

“Yeah, let’s just do this. I haven’t eaten a thing all morning and I just want to get this over with so I can eat a burger” Soojin yearned.

“Alright then get moving.” Jungah said leading them to the first set of the music video.

 

Right when Soojin was about to follow her manager to the set, she heard her phone vibrate on the table and quickly ran to see who was messaging her.

"Today is your MV shoot, right? Good luck Soojin-ah! If you ever have trouble making a y expression, just remember my face, okay? keke" - Sunwoo

Soojin giggled at his message and put her phone down. Suddenly she got another message.

"Do well today, fighting~" - Chanshik.

She let out a heavy sigh before putting her phone away and following the rest of her members.

 

"ACTION!" The director yelled.

The girls’ pulled all of their strength together and were able to successfully shoot their first music video under the name Amazons. After each scene they would go behind the camera and watch the playback to make sure that everything was perfect. They couldn’t wait to see the final result, and even more, they couldn't wait to show the world what they were made of. They had a buzzing feeling that they would finally be able to get that chance after the revelation of their teaser.

 

 

MV TEASER