Refusal

Tough Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Minah was doing the laundry when she heard the doorbell rang. She rushed to the door to open. Standing there was Ahra with her luggages. "Unnie!" she squealed with excitement. She and Ahra gave a big hug. "Welcome home! I didn't know you came back today," she greeted.

"Surprised to see me?" Ahra asked.

"Quite," said Minah. "How's business back in Taiwan?"

"We're doing pretty good," said Ahra.

Minah continues to do the laundry while Ahra takes a rest from her long journey. She remembers about the money the orphanage needs and for Na Young's operation. She quickly hang all the clothes to dry and walks back inside the house. Ahra was taking a nap. Minah quietly approach her and gave her a little nudge. Ahra opened her eyes. "Ne, Minah sshi?"

"Sorry to bother you at the moment. But I need your help with something," said Minah.

Ahra got up immediately. "Ne? Anything I can help you with?"

"Ne. The orphanage is in need of ₩9,500,000 to maintain its place. Also, Na Young is diagnosed with cancer. And we need some more money for her operation as soon as possible," Minah explained.

Ahra gasped when she heard the whole story, including her sick friend. "Jinja?! Of course I'll help! But we're gonna need support," she said. Then, she dialed her mother's number.

Mrs Cho came over as soon as Ahra called. Minah explain the story to her all over again. "That's terrible. I'll help too!" said Mrs Cho.

"Wait! Did Mrs Han tell how much is the operation?" asked Ahra.

Minah shook her head. "She didn't."

"Then, you will have to go to the orphanage and ask her about the money tomorrow. Ahra and I will help you with the orphanage maintenance," Mrs Cho instructed.

"Jinja? You will? Oh, thank you! I knew I could count on you!" said Minah and she gave her in-laws a hug.

The following day, Minah went to the orphanage to ask Mrs Han about the amount of money for Na Young's operation. "The operation costs about ₩1,025,773," said Mrs Han. Minah thanked her and went to see Na Young, who is resting in her bed. Na Young slowly open her eyes and smile at Minah. "Minah darling," she called weakly.

Minah held Na Young's hand and place it on her cheek. "Unnie, get well soon. Be strong. Please don't die," she sobbed.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine," said Na Young.

"You are my best friend I ever had," said Minah.

"You are my best friend too," said Na Young.

Minah kiss her hand, place it down and got up. She whispered a good bye and left the room.

When she got home, Ahra and Mrs Cho were chatting in the living room. "Ah, Minah dear. Glad you have returned. We have something to tell you," said Mrs Cho. Minah had no idea what they are going to say. She sat down with them, waiting for a word.

"We've just discussed about helping the orphanage. We both have agree to invest on the orphanage," said Ahra.

"However, that is all we can do," said Mrs Cho.

"But what about Na Young's operation?" asked Minah, worriedly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter