Kindness

Affection

[Kris POV]

It’s been about 3 years since I’ve last seen Yixing. We were juniors then. He’s a chinese friend who made my stay comfortable in Korea. He would give me tips on conversation and kept me company most of the time. He was a dance major, and was almost always injured. He looked perpetually worn-out. But as I look at him now, he seems more depressed and tired than ever. There was something in his eyes that just can’t seem to sit right with me.

 

And it bugs me so much it’s irritating.

 

“Yixing!!” I call out to him and he stops walking, gentle as always and flashes me a tired smile. I walk towards him and hug him. He was cold.

 

“Where were you? You suddenly disappeared on me one day?” I told him. He really did disappear. And I searched. Damn, I searched for him. But when a man doesn’t want to be found then he can find ways. And Yixing did.

 

“Hi… haha, I’m sorry for not contacting you Wu fan. It’s been years. I’ve missed you.” Yixing says, gentle and kind. But something about his voice was distant.

 

“You didn’t answer my question.” I told him, gripping his cold and clammy hands with my own.

 

“I’ve been… I’ve been sick Wu fan. That time in the university… I… just got to sick to attend…”

 

“But to disappear completely? Xing you could have at least told me something!”

 

“Sorry Wufan…” Yixing gave that gentle smile again. That same smile I’ve always been weak to.

 

He was sick. Sick enough to stop attending university. It hurts how I feel betrayed by this revelation. I just hope that he doesn’t disappear a second time.

 

We got together for dinner. Talked about a bunch of stuff. The past 3 years went by so fast. I discovered that he recently returned just a few months ago to restart his study in Korea. And that he frequently visits SM Hospital for check ups. I got his contact information and his address. I’m going to make sure we keep in touch. I’m not going to let him suffer alone.

 

I won’t be left in the dark this time.

 

“I’ve been getting therapy” he tells me. “And I’m planning to get back to dancing.”

 

I look at him with worry in my eyes. He has a hip problem that has gotten so worse he had to get emergency surgery 3 years ago, and he still wants to continue with dancing?

 

I open my mouth to tell him no. Only to shut it back closed. Because I know this guy would do anything to dance. He has a burning passion which nothing can stop. That’s why he got sick to the point of surgery in the first place. So I guess it’ll just be my job to look after him.

 

“There’s this doctor that takes care of me a lot.”

 

“Ok, that’s good.”

 

“Mr. Kim is a pretty funny man.”

 

“Hmm? Really?”

 

“He’s just about our age too, a really young dependable doctor.”

 

“Seems like you like him a lot.”

 

“I do.”

 

And I look at his face. It’s another expression I’ve never seen before. I swish my glass of beer, bring it closer to my face and sip.

 

 “I see.”

 

The beer tastes specially bitter today.

 

 

 

A/N: Hi! How has the story been so far? Please take note that the genre of this fic is [ANGST] so please don't expect too much T.T. Can you guess the next pairs? haha :) Thank you for reading! Enjoy!