Fondness

Affection

[Luhan POV]

               

“… I’m late...” I say in ragged breaths as I approach the bubble tea place me and my boyfriend were supposed to meet at. I look at my watch and see that I’m nearly thirty minutes late. ‘I hope he’s still there’, I think as I sprint around the last corner.

 

I look inside the small shop and see Sehun seated at the far corner with a half filled glass of tea. “Sorry I’m late…” I said with a cheeky smile. Sehun smiled at me, eyes crinkling at the sides, looking sweet as ever.

 

“It’s fine.” He said without looking away from me. “I’ve only been here a few minutes.”

 

I sit down beside him and relax my tired feet. “Sorry, got held up at work.” I lie. Sehun probably knows, but he’s not saying anything about it. “No problem hyung, I told you, I just got here a few minutes ago.” He laughs. I smile at him, admire his beautiful features, and lean down to kiss him on the cheek. “Sorry babe.” I whisper.

 

Sehun blushes and animatedly talks about his day at his university. I nod along, trying to absorb his cute story about how he’s faring at our dancing club. He’d joined in his freshman year, the year I was a senior at the club. He’d been a really cute junior and kept on bothering me telling me how I was so ‘cute’ and I continuously whacked him on the head reminding him I was ‘manly’. On graduation day, that was the time he finally confessed, and now a year later, we’re still here, meeting each other on occasions.

 

I see his glass and frown a bit. The ice, which usually filled the glass was completely gone. He’d been there for a while.

 

I must be a really really bad guy.

 

I put on a smile again and look back at him. He’s still the same cute Sehun I know from so long ago. I, on the other hand… had been seeing someone behind his back. Seeing how long he waited, I just feel the tiniest remorse. I didn’t use to feel like this. I sigh to myself as Sehun keeps on talking. He trusts me too much, and I can’t believe how evil I am for doing this. But I just can’t seem to let him go yet.

 

As we part ways, Sehun fidgets a bit before boldly kissing me on the lips. I reply with warmth but I guess it’s just not the same anymore.

 

I thought I liked him, but in the end, he’s just my favourite dongsaeng.