Chapter 5

Heart of the Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Her name was Hye In," Yongguk said suddenly, causing everyone to freeze. He looked up at everyone before repeating his words. "Her name was Hye In."

"What are you even talking about?" Himchan asked, his voice was so cold. He had been that way towards Yongguk ever since Zelo had been kidnapped. Even though tension was foreign between the oldest two, Yongguk couldn't blame Himchan for the way he was acting right now; no one could.

"One of the messages this guy sent me," Yongguk began to explain. "He said her name was Hye In."

Youngjae's eyes widened in realization. "That night he kidnapped Junhong," he began. "He mentioned he lost two people because of Yongguk," he said, noticing Yongguk stiffen at the sound of his name.

"Hye In must be one of them," Daehyun guessed.

Yongguk nodded. "I think Hye In, whoever she is, is dead," he replied.

"Do you think he blames you for that?" Daehyun asked.

Yongguk sighed. "I'm not too sure," he answered. "Probably."

"Maybe we should try to find out who Hye In was," Jongup suggested. "Maybe that can lead us to where Junhong is and-"

"Where would we even start?" Himchan asked, shutting down Jongup's suggestion immediately. "For all we know, Hye In could have been a fan of ours. There's no way we can narrow this down, especially not in time to save Junhong." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "We have to save him," he muttered.

Daehyun placed his hand on Himchan's shoulder. "We will," he said confidently. "We'll figure this out. Junhong will be home soon."

"We have twenty days," Youngjae said. He turned to Yongguk. "Don't you have anything else?" he asked, the frustration evident in his voice.

Himchan wasn't the only one who had been acting so aggressively towards Yongguk.

The leader shook his head. "I've been trying to come up with something else," he said. "This is all I have so far." 

"Everything this guy's said has given us one clue or another," Youngjae reminded everyone. "For now, we need to rely on every word he gives us."

Himchan stood up from the couch. "We can't just sit around and wait for him to contact us just so we can get another hint to what this guy's problem is," Himchan argued. "It would take too much time and we don't have that!"

"So what do we do?" Jongup asked, causing Himchan to fall back onto the couch in defeat.

"We call police and he kills Junhong," Yongguk reminded everyone with a sigh. "He's watching us, I just don't know how yet."

"Well figure it out," Himchan replied, even though he was pretty sure there wasn't that much Yongguk could possibly do. "I'm sick and tired of staying at home constantly wondering what's wrong with this guy and what he could possibly be doing to Junhong!" He stood up again, this time giving Yongguk a threatening glare. "If you hadn't hidden this guy from us Junhong would probably still be here," he muttered before quickly exiting the living room and entering the hallway.

Everyone jumped slightly when they heard the bedroom door slam shut.

The doctor sighed, standing in front of the man and his wife.

The man tenderly wrapped his his arm around his wife's trembling shoulders. "Is our daughter going to be okay?" the man asked, desperate for some good news. But he could read the look on the doctor's face, and the man knew that good news was something that he definitely would not be getting.

"Her heart is getting weaker," the doctor replied gently, as if the words from his mouth would cause the couple in front of him to shatter into a million pieces.

The man swallowed the lump in his throat. His wife was too distraught to speak, and he wanted to be strong for her. "She'll probably need a heart transplant, right?" he asked.

The doctor nodded. "The faster we find one, the better," he answered. "She's already been placed on the donor list. I'm sorry. But right now, the only thing we can do is wait."

This room was so quiet.

Too quiet.

And it wa

Please log in to read the full chapter