Chapter 3

Heart of the Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Himchan had never felt his blood boil so violently before. 

He had never felt so much hate for Yongguk before either. 

To admit, it scared him. All the negative energy flowing through his body was a lot to handle right now, and after a few minutes, he knew that he wasn't thinking straight. But he didn't care. He had been lied to enough, and he was ready to get to the bottom of all this.

Youngjae and Daehyun were in the kitchen, Jongup was taking a nap on the living room couch, so all of them were currently oblivious to Himchan's anger. 

But they soon found out the problem once Yongguk walked into the living room as well, wearing a new set of clothes after taking a shower.

He didn't realize that so little could happen in just ten minutes.

Yongguk noticed the weird look Himchan was giving him. Yongguk smiled, not knowing what was going through Himchan's mind. "Hey," Yongguk said, walking up to Himchan. He was about to take a seat next to him, but the sound of Himchan's voice stopped him.

"Your brother called while you were in the shower," Himchan said, his arms folded over his chest. There was no emotion on his face, nor was there the usually excited demanor Himchan usually expressed anytime Yongnam called.

Yongguk didn't know where this conversation was going, so he just decided to stay calm and play along. "Oh?" he replied calmly. "Did he say what's up?"

Himchan scoffed. "I asked if he was recovering from that fever you told me about," he said, refusing to beat around the bush. "I knew something was off about it when you told me."

Yongguk was surprised at how calm he was regarding Himchan's suddenly hostile demeanor. "Himchan," Yongguk began, figuring that it was best to try to calm Himchan down before anything got out of hand. "I can explain-"

Himchan stood up. "You don't have to explain anything," he angrily replied, throwing Yongguk's phone at him. The startled rapper barely caught it as he continued looking at Himchan in shock. "You dare hide this from us?"

"Hide what?" Yongguk asked, hoping Himchan wasn't talking about the obvious.

"Don't play dumb with me!" Himchan replied, causing the two members in the kitchen to jump in surprise at the sudden outburst. They all started gathering in the living room as Jongup started to wake up, jumping as he heard Himchan's sudden change in volume. "When I caught you on the phone that night you lied and said that Yongnam was sent to the hospital with a high fever," he continued. "Any of this ringing a bell to you now?"

"What's going on?" Youngjae asked in confusion. It was rare to see the hyungs fight.

"Why don't you ask Yongguk about his secret admirer?" Himchan asked in disgust. "Seems like someone has taken a liking to Yongguk recently."

"Hyung," Jongup said to Yongguk as he rubbed at his eye. "What's he talking about?"

"More sasaengs?" Daehyun guessed with a shrug of his shoulders.

Instead of answering either of them, Yongguk looks at Himchan, this time becoming angry himself. "Did you read my messages?" He asked. Himchan's silence was answer enough. "You had no right." Yongguk wasn't sure if he was mad at Himchan for going through his phone, or if he was mad at himself for letting Himchan find out like this. But he knew that he was definitely upset and felt that he had a right to show it.

"And you had no right to hide the fact that there's someone out there who's threatening you and Junhong!" Himchan countered.

At the sound of the maknae's name, everyone froze, rather it was from shock or confusion, they weren't sure.

"Yo-Yongguk Hyung," Jongup said, his face had grown paler by several shades. "What's Himchan talking about?" he asked, his voice cracking a little.

Yongguk sighed, glancing at Jongup again before looking to Himchan. "Would you cut this out?" he asked. "You're scaring all of them!"

"And you think I wasn't scared to find out that someone actually poisoned Junhong that night?" Himchan asked, earning a gasp from all his unsuspecting dongsaengs.

"What's going on?" Daehyun asked forcefully, sick and tired of watching a fight that did nothing but confuse him. "Someone poisoned Junhong? What are you two talking about?"

"Read them the messages," Himchan commanded Yongguk, folding his arms over his chest as he waited for Yongguk to obey.

The leader shook his head. "No," he said. "I don't want to scare them. I'm taking care of this."

"Read them the messages!" Himchan repeated. "Now!" 

Yongguk stood completely still, glaring at Himchan for a while before finally swallowing the lump in his throat. He held his phone tightly in his hand as he started to navigate through the tiny device. He started by reading out loud the very first message he received. "I'm watching you," he said, reading the text out loud. He paused there.

"Continue," Himchan commanded.

"Someone will pay for everything you did," Yongguk continued reading reluctantly.

"H-how do you know that 'someone' is Junhong?" Youngjae asked nervously before Yongguk or Himchan could continue.

"Keep going," Himchan said to Yongguk. "Skip to the night that Junhong got sick."

Yongguk was acting in auto-pilot at this point. He started scrolling slowly before he found those messages. His eyes scanned the message before he started shaking his head. "Please don't make me do this," he begged, something that was also rare. "You've proved your point and they're all afraid enough as it is-"

"No," Jongup suddenly said, surprising everyone. "Read it, Hyung...Please?"

Yongguk swallowed, breathing deeply before beginning to read the messages from that night. "If you get this worked up over Junhong getting something as small as a stomach ache," Yongguk began, feeling his body tense up. "I can only imagine how entertained I'll be if I got my hands on him and did some real damage."

"And this is something you wanted to hide from all of us?" Himchan asked accusingly.

Yongguk sighed. "Himchan-"

"Junhong was really sick that night," Himchan interrupted. "We don't know what that person used on him, but it could have been much worse! We don't know everything this person is capable of. Why would you risk something else happening to Junhong?"

Youngjae started to wring his hands nervousl

Please log in to read the full chapter