Chapter 2

Heart of the Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

This night was convincing enough for Yongguk.

This man, this person, this stalker, had gotten much closer to them than Yongguk had originally imagined.

Anytime Yongguk would think back on this night, he would get angry. He would get angry at himself, wishing he could have done more than read these messages and hide in fear.

I'll see you at the concert tonight.

Yongguk gulped as he held his phone tightly in his hand. These messages were still coming. Yongguk was hoping that whoever was doing this would eventually get tired of it.

But he was completely wrong.

The fact was proven even further when the person sent an angry message to Yongguk, in all caps, saying that they were becoming impatient and couldn't wait for the big day.

Today couldn't be the big day, could it?

"Show time!" Daehyun yelled as he happily adjusted his suit collar, ready for their turn to perform. He, as well as the others, had been waiting impatiantly as other artists had gone before them during the show, and their turn seemed to have been taking forever.

Yongguk almost didn't hear Deahyun's announcement, his mind still wrapped up in trying to figure out what these messages meant. He knew that with the amount of people around, along with the tight security, no one could hurt him or the others. But he could still feel a small sheen of sweat appearing on his forehead and they hadn't even started their performance yet. He sighed, putting the phone away before trying to do a better job of focusing on s instead of these mystery notes he was still getting.

"Hyung," Zelo came up beside him. By the way his voice sounded, it was clear that he was concerned for the leader's behavior. "Are you okay?" he asked, causing all the other members to pause and focus on Yongguk as well.

Yongguk cleared his throat, afraid that his voice would sound shaky. "I'm fine," he finally answered, throwing in a smile to further prove his point.

"Are you sure?" the maknae asked, reaching over to feel Yongguk's forehead. "You look a little pale."

Yongguk bit his lip. "I'm fine," he repeated. "Just a little tired, I guess." He was trying to remove everyone's attention from him. He felt like hiding somewhere after seeing the concerned looks his dongsaengs were giving him. As much as he loved the fact that Zelo had showed concern for him in the first place, he wished the maknae had kept his mouth shut.

Himchan said nothing, only eyeing the leader suspiciously. Yongguk tried not to notice his hard stare.

"Do you need anything?" Youngjae offered. 

Yongguk shook his head. "Really guys I'm okay," he said, standing up from his seat, ready to perform and get this night over with. "Let's just do this show, okay?" 

The others shared glances at each other before looking at Yongguk again and nodding.

"Everyone get in position," a stage hand appeared, waving at them to get ready and start heading to the stage. "They're about to call you."

Putting on their brave faces, the six boys didn't hesitate to jump and rush out, getting ready as they heard their name being announced.

Yongguk was relieved that their performance ended without any problems. The text message he had received earlier had still been on his mind, but Yongguk had begun to relax. 

He strongly believed that if this person really wanted to do something bad to him, he would have taken the opportunity to do something while they were on stage, right? It only made sense. 

Yongguk knew he couldn't let his guard down though. Not yet, anyway. Not while this person was continually reminding the rapper of his haunting presence.

It caused Yongguk to do a lot of thinking.

Hye In.

That was the only hint Yongguk was given, and it didn't help one bit.

Yongguk would lie if he said he was a perfect angel that never made mistakes and never did things to upset people. He has made several mistakes and he has done bad things, sometimes hurting other people.

But there was no way that he did something so bad to the point of causing someone to watch his every move, wanting to terrorize him at every moment.

Was he not thinking in the right direction? Was there a fact that he missed or hadn't paid attention to?

Was it a fan? Had sasaengs and anti fans gone this far?

It honestly wouldn't surprise him, but it still brought shivers down his spine just thinking about it.

Backstage almost looked exactly like it did before they performed. There were no new people, a few people missing, but Yongguk knew who each person back there was, so that was

Please log in to read the full chapter