6: Not Scared

Heavens Reflected

Sorry for the short chapter >.<  And the quality is awful and just ahdhsadovfuidpfpbd

~~~~~

“No.”

Lu Han’s father stands in the doorway, staring holes into Minseok’s eyes.

“I am not having this ugly Korean thing in my house.” Minseok’s breath hitches in his throat. This was not how it was supposed to go.

He knew Lu Han’s parents weren’t going to be that open to him living with them for a while. Lu Han had told him exactly what to say, exactly how to act in order to impress him.

“Hello, Mr. Lu, I’m so terribly sorry to bother you with my presence, but Lu Han believes it necessary that we visit you for a while.”

Lu Han nods and continues. “Dad, it’s too dangerous for us back in Korea. We need to stay here with you. And Minseok is not ugly.”

“Tch.”

After a few seconds of solidarity, the oldest man moves aside to allow the two younger inside. The two boys drag their suitcases over the boundary of the house.

Minseok is assaulted with warmth that feels amazing. The walls are decked with decorative hangings and photographs. A counter on the side is covered with pictures of a person Minseok realizes is actually Lu Han, when he was growing up. He stops to examine them but is pulled away quickly by the Chinese boy.

He’s dragged into the kitchen, where Lu Han’s mother waits. She turns with a smile to Lu Han, putting down the knife she was chopping vegetables with to embrace him. Minseok thinks she looks…nice. She has wrinkles around from smiling. Her eyes are happy and seem to be dancing when she looks at her child.

But then she notices him.

Her smile dies.

“I am not having this ugly Korean thing in my house.”

Lu Han groans and pulls out of the hug. “Mom, this is my friend. And it’s Dad’s fault that he’s here. And he’s not ugly. Can you please stop saying that?”

“Tch. Well he can eat and sleep in your room. He’s not living in the same room as me, sweetie.” Minseok hesitantly backs away. Lu Han grabs his hand again and runs up the stairs to where Minseok assumes his bedroom is.  

“I’m so sorry.” Lu Han quickly begins to unroll extra blankets for Minseok to sleep on.

“Don’t worry about it! I really don’t mind.” I’m absolutely terrified of your parents. I think they want to murder me.

“This is our only choice. I don’t know how long this is going to last for, but we definitely can’t go back. Hopefully our other friends aren’t linked to us. I’m worried for Chen though…”

Minseok is also incredibly worried for Chen. He regretted leaving him behind the whole plane trip. But there’s no going back now. He’s about to settle down and unpack his things when screaming voices can be heard from downstairs. Both boys freeze.

“I am not having a Korean in my house!” The voice clearly comes from Lu Han’s father.

“Well, he’s here now. This is all your fault, anyways. We won’t have to see him. He’ll stay in that room.”

“What is he’s Lu Han’s…I don’t know…boyfriend?” Lu Han’s father spits out the word.

“My boy is not a homoual!”

“What if he is a homoual? What if they’re both homouals? What if they do…things in there?”

“That Korean scum! How dare he defile my boy?” Loud sobs reverberate against the walls. Minseok doesn’t think he can breathe.  

Lu Han looks like he’s ready to stab something. “I’m so sorry, Minseok. I’ll…I’ll go talk to them.” He runs out the room and closes the door.

Don’t cry don’t cry don’t cry. Minseok huddles up in the corner of Lu Han’s room and covers his knees with his blanket. Lu Han’s room is covered in books written, of course, in Chinese. He grabs the only book he understands, a ‘Learn Korean’ dictionary, and flips to a random page. The first word to come up is ‘Supermarket’. He begins to read.

Minseok is 50 pages past that first word when Lu Han comes back in, looking exhausted. He looks at Minseok, huddled alone, with an amused look on his face. “It’s okay. I’ve convinced them you’ll be no trouble. And my mother admitted you’re not ugly.”

Minseok half-smiles. “Okay. What do we do now?”

“We hide. We stay quiet for as long as it takes for my Dad to stop receiving threats. I’m assuming your phone is dead?” Minseok nods. “That’s good. There’s no way of tracking us. Of course, I know they’re going to come looking for us here. They’re not so stupid to give up looking for us when we’re not in Korea. But—“

“Lu Han, who is ‘they’?” Minseok asks.

“The company my Dad took money from. They’re really big, and would probably send people out to find us. They don’t know where we live, but I’m sure they could figure it out.”

“What do we do when they find us then? Die?”

“No, of course not. I’m sure they wouldn’t kill us, that’s ridiculous. If they do come, we either run into the cellar or we get outside and run.”

“Clever idea.”

“Thank you.”