Fortune teller friends

Catch a falling star

“And the eye bags queen sleeps on her throne. Well, it’s a wonder that she is sleeping today.” Minhee shook Jae Hee out of her peaceful slumber. “Yah! It’s rude to sleep in someone else’s café.”

“Park Minhee! Aish. Can’t you see I’m sleeping? It’s rude to wake people up when they’re sleeping too. Go destroy someone else’s peace,” Jae Hee sleepily shouted. Is it possible to sleepily shout? Oh, never mind.

“Min, she had an oral recitation earlier,” Park Chanmin explained in that oh so cutesy voice of hers.

Minhee raised her eyebrows. “What kind of girl pulls an all-nighter for an oral recitation?” she shouted.

“You know how she studies,” Chanmin defended Jae Hee.

Jae Hee smiled at Chanmin. “Thanks Cha. Our professor announced the recitation along with the project just the other day; I got stuck with the project so I need to sacrifice sleep.” She explained, turning to her other friend, ”Min, you really should learn some manners from Cha. And stop shouting, we are not the only persons here,” Jae Hee said.

“Who’s shouting?!” Minhee asked, still shouting.

Jae Hee and Chanmin couldn’t help but slap their hands on their forehead.

“Min, I forgot that’s your normal voice. And that you’re always angry,” Jae Hee said, laughing.

Chanmin sighed. “Why does it always end up like this?” she asked.

“What?!” Minhee asked.

“Us. Making a scene. Well, it’s just practically you,” Jae Hee answered.

“Jae you were the reason for that scene. You were the one who slept first,” Chanmin sneered at Jae Hee.

“Geez Cha, I forgot your venom. And why does it always end up with me?” Jae Hee whined, her lower lip jutting out.

How could she forget that the same blood runs on her friends veins? No wonder they both had the same meanness. How did she become friends with these persons in the first place?

Minhee rolled her eyes at Jae Hee. “We don’t know. It just does.”

“You really both are evil,” Jae Hee sighed in resignation and trudged towards the counter to order coffee.

-----------------

“Since when do you drink coffee?” Minhee asked Jae Hee while the latter made her way back to their table.

“Since today, because you’re giving me a headache,” Jae Hee answered her friend.

Minhee choked on her cake. Chanmin laughed aloud.

“I’m kidding about the coffee, but you really do give me a headache,” Jae Hee added.

“What’s the coffee for?” Chanmin asked.

“I’m going to visit Woohyun oppa in his workplace later. He told me to bring him coffee,” Jae Hee answered. “What time is it?”

“Past 4 P.M,” Minhee replied.

“WHAT?! Why didn’t you tell me?!” Jae Hee quickly fixed her things.

“Don’t trip,” Chanmin reminded her.

“I won’t trip.”

“Yeah. Yeah. I bet you won’t, given how clumsy you are,” Minhee remarked.

“I’ll get going!” Jae Hee ran outside the café.

And she tripped herself, just as her friends predicted.