1

Yearning

 Disclaimer: This is not my work, I am merely the translator. You can find the original work in chinese here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2329624307?see_lz=1

 

 

It was snowing heavily. Lee Seunghyun was tired after being on the road for the past few days and the chilly wind seemed to be blowing against his face with ill intentions. Lee Seunghyun felt for the jade Buddha pendant under his coat, and prayed that he would be able to find shelter before darkness fell.

 

After walking for some time, his prayers seemed to have been answered when he finally came across a derelict temple deep in this isolated forest. Lee Seunghyun hastened towards it. He noted that the doors to the temple were still intact; it was fortunate as it meant that he would be sheltered from the cold winds at night. If he managed to start fire and catch some wild game, he could even fill his belly and regain strength to continue with his journey.

 

But when he entered, he immediately noticed the blood stains on the floor. They were still wet, meaning that the person could still be in the premises. Lee Seunghyun pulled out his sword, and following the stains, as he’d expected, there was someone lying on a pile of hay in a corner of the temple. He walked over lightly, and pressed his blade against the man’s chest. He’s never come across such a situation, it was better to be careful.

 

Lee Seunghyun bent to feel his neck, fortunately, he’s still alive, but he wouldn't be for long.

Should he save this person or not?

 

He peered at his face, and was stunned. He didn’t know that men could be so pretty.

 

Suddenly that man shifted, startling Seunghyun into standing and pointing his sword at him in defense, only to realise after a while that he was just moving unconsciously in pain.

 

Seunghyun pondered for a while and finally decided to set aside his sword and try to save that man’s life.

 

Gingerly, Seunghyun nudged aside the bloodstained clothes and saw that the man's torso was a mess from the badly bleeding wound on his abdomen. He dug out the Jinchuang powder that his master gave him from his bag and poured some on the wound. Tearing strips of cloth from his own clothes to use as bandage and wrapped the wound carefully. After that he took out the oral medicine and forced it into the man’s mouth with some water. The man started coughing and opened his eyes.

 

Faced with Lee Seunghyun, the man struck out reflexively. Seunghyun was able to duck and quickly grabbed his arm, 'I saved your life, you do not have to thank me, but just keep calm, if not, don’t blame me for taking advantage of your wounds to kill you. It won’t be hard, but it would be a waste of my medicine.'

 

The man looked down at his stripped body and chuckled weakly, ‘Heh. This is not taking advantage?' He slowly relaxed his tensed muscles upon seeing that Lee Seunghyun didn’t look like he was going to harm him.

 

The sight of the man’s bared chest embarrassed Lee Seunghyun a little, and he bent down to fix his clothes. When he looked up again, the man was smiling wickedly and he blushed, ‘Continue grinning and I will finish you off in a strike.’

 

Lee Seunghyun quickly stood up, ‘I will go and look for some firewood, and see if I can catch anything. If I’m in a good mood, I might even treat you to the leftover bones.’

 

Without looking at that man’s still smirking face, Lee Seunghyun went out. If he didn’t start a fire and get some food, they’d likely freeze to death.

 

It wasn’t hard to look for firewood, but it took him some effort to find food. Yet luckily enough he found a wild pheasant. Lee Seunghyun held up the hen happily, ‘I will treat you well tonight, you will not die in vain!’

 

Once back in the temple, that man had already sat up by himself. Even though Seunghyun was amazed by that man’s healing capabilities, he didn’t let it show on his face. He started the fire, and cleaned the chicken, all the while considering that man could not be just a nobody, yet he hadn’t seen him before at the other sects. So who was he exactly? Running away to this isolated temple after getting injured and losing so much blood, was able to sit up just after eating the medicine.

 

Lee Seunghyun quietly kept his sword by his side, keeping his peripheral vision on that man. He was the same as when he left the temple, smirking at him. One wouldn’t have been able to tell that he was unconscious just a while ago.

 

‘Don’t worry, you saved me, I won’t hurt you, no need to be so defensive,’ the man broke the silence.

Lee Seunghyun laughed coldly, ‘It’s not like you can even move.’

He turned back and continued setting up the roasting spit and placed the pheasant over the fire. It wouldn’t be long before they can eat.

 

‘Have you thought about who I am?” That man continued to talk.

 

‘I’m not interested,’ Lee Seunghyun turned the spit.

 

‘Then who are you?’

 

‘I’m Lee Seunghyun. If your wounds are healed, why don’t you go out and look for food instead of annoying me here.’ At Seunghyun’s words, that man widened his smile.

 

‘Lee Seunghyun...I’ve heard about you before. The rising star in the martial arts world, just a touch too soft-hearted. How many in the martial arts world would be willing to bow to a merely kind-hearted man? Considering that your master is leading the martial arts world, if you continue like this, how are you able to take over when he retires?'

 

Lee Seunghyun stood up and drew his sword on that man, ‘Who are you and why do you know me by name?’

 

‘Looks like you are not only too kind, but also very straightforward,’ that man shook his head. ‘Didn’t you say you didn’t care about who I am just now? Now you want to know?’

 

Lee Seunghyun slowly kept his sword and sat back down to continue roasting the hen, silently wondering about this man. He didn’t seem that much older than him, yet why was he so well versed about the martial arts world. But he didn’t seem to have ill intentions. He turned and asked, ‘If you think I’m too kind, perhaps you would rather I kill you?’

 

‘Hahahah,’ the man laughed loudly, keeping his eyes on Seunghyun. ‘It would be best if you kill me, or you might regret it in the future.’

 

Lee Seunghyun looked at him, he didn’t seem like someone who deserved to die neither had he offended him. If Seunghyun killed him like this, not only might it invite criticism, he wouldn’t feel good about it either. He ignored him and continued roasting the hen, which was already golden brown, giving off an appetising scent.

 

‘Lee Seunghyun, this snowstorm should be going on for the next few days, why don’t we stay here until it lightens. If you continue your journey soon, you might not be able to find somewhere to camp at night,’ that man said.

 

Indeed, in this deep forest, with the heavy snow, it was not practical to continue his journey, he might as well stay here and regain his energy for later.

 

Nodding, Lee Seunghyun acknowledged his suggestion.

 

‘I am Kwon Jiyong, 23 years old, older than you right?’

 

‘Yes, I am 21 this year.’

 

Lee Seunghyun tore a huge chunk off the roasted hen and gave it to Kwon Jiyong, ‘Let’s get along the next few days.’

 

When Kwon Jiyong took the meat from Lee Seunghyun, both their hands inadvertently touched. It was like a current went through both their hearts and Lee Seunghyun quickly straightened but looking at the other who started eating, he also began to eat, disturbed.

 

Because it’s cold, after a bit of rearranging, the two of them huddled together on the pile of hay where Kwon Jiyong had been lying on. Lee Seunghyun still felt pretty uncomfortable. Though he’d slept with other sect members before, there wasn't this strange feeling with them.

 

‘Lee Seunghyun, take this,’ Kwon Jiyong suddenly took something out from his sleeve and passed it to him. ‘Take this jade pendent as thanks for saving my life.’

 

‘No, it’s ok,’ Lee Seunghyun shook his head.

 

‘I’m not used to owing others. Just keep it and let us be friends,’ Kwon Jiyong stuffed the pendent into Lee Seunghyun’s clothes, ‘just take it like I tell you to.’

 

Lee Seunghyun looked into Kwon Jiyong’s intense eyes and nodding, kept the pendent.

 

Kwon Jiyong smiled and held Lee Seunghyun tightly, ‘It’s so cold, luckily we have a fire.’

 

Since it was freezing, Lee Seunghyun allowed Kwon Jiyong’s embrace. Incredibly, Lee Seunghyun fell asleep soundly very quickly in Kwon Jiyong’s arms though he kept himself on high alert.

 

Kwon Jiyong looked down at his sleeping face, and felt a sense of possessiveness. Closing his eyes, he thought, ‘Lee Seunghyun, if not for my wounds, we definitely wouldn’t be only sleeping.’

 

After a few days, Kwon Jiyong was recovering very well and could already walk about. The snow outside was also starting to melt, and Lee Seunghyun was ready to leave and continue his journey. Though leaving was a good thing, there was a sense of regret bothering him. He looked at Kwon Jiyong, who was busy packing his stuff.

 

‘Jiyong hyung, where are you headed?’ Lee Seunghyun asked.

 

‘We’re parting here; I’m going towards where you came from. If fated, let’s meet again.’ Saying that, Kwon Jiyong hugged Lee Seunghyun and patted him on the back. He whispered softly into his ear, ‘In 2 years, I will conquer the world and see you again!’









A/N: Thanks to Jenaeonniya who encouraged me to work on and post this story :3 Fangirling is most fun with you

I hope you guys have fun reading about Nyongtory in this AU setting!