I'm Beside You

Dragon's Nest series

Title:I’m Beside You
Author:bleedinglips
Pairing:Krisho
Genre:romance
Rating:PG
Disclaimer: I own nothing beside this fic
Word Count:2,915
Age settings:Baekhyun 11th grade, Sehun 10th grade
Summary:It was always Yifan who knew how to make his husband felt better.

 

 

It was a bright autumn afternoon when Sehun and Baekhyun went home together. They had bumped to each other at school and had decided to go home together. The trip was enjoyable as usual, simply because they could take a break from their usual self when they were around each other. Baekhyun who was a talking machine around his friends, turned to a quiet hyung who listened to his brother well. Sehun who was a calm guy in his class, turned to a talkative baby who whined to Baekhyun a lot. They knew both sides of their brother’s, and just as smooth as their relationship, they didn’t bother with it and wrapped their arms which were filled with warmth on the sides on each other.

Everything was cheery and fine as usual.

At least, until they arrived home.

Baekhyun who walked in front of the door first entered the password and the door unlocked. He came in with Sehun trailed behind him as they said their greetings. Sehun took off his shoes immediately, but Baekhyun froze in his place. Usually during this hour, Junmyeon was already busy in the kitchen, preparing dinner. Why was it so quiet?

“Is dad home?” Sehun asked while placing his shoes in the rack.

Baekhyun scanned the shoes rack with narrowed eyes. “His shoes are all here. Is he sleeping?”

“What are we having for dinner if he sleeps?” Sehun groaned and he walked in with socked feet. “Dad?”

Baekhyun quickly followed, and he let out a small ‘oh’ as he saw his dad was sleeping with his face between his arms at his desk in the living room. “See? He’s sleeping.”

“No,” Sehun said as he abruptly stepped closer to his dad. “He doesn’t usually sleep while working, there must be something wrong.”

Baekhyun approached his dad as well and lightly pushed Sehun aside. Instinctively, he put his hand under his dad’s bangs to touch his forehead. He widened his eyes as the heat there crept to his palm.

“The temperature is so high. Oh God, Sehunie, what to do?” Baekhyun asked in panic, hand holding Junmyeon’s arm gently. Instead of answering, Sehun stepped closer and pressed his palm on Junmyeon’s forehead, cheek and neck. He hissed a little because his palm felt really hot. Baekhyun stared at Sehun with eyes full of worry. “It is, right? Should we call ba?”

Sehun lifted his arm and tugged the end of his sleeve to see his watch. “He should be on the way at this hour. Let’s just do what we can do.”

“Dad?” Baekhyun shook Junmyeon lightly, trying to wake him up. The latter didn’t even stir, and Baekhyun whined a little. Both boys stayed in silence because they didn’t know what to do, until Baekhyun suddenly turned his head at Sehun. “Hasn’t dad been overworking these days?”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. “Huh?”

“I overheard dad and ba’s conversation, it was like two weeks ago… there were loads of new writers that submitted their work to dad’s company, but unfortunately there were three editors that quit, so dad’s deadlines were cut so that they could finish those writers’ books quickly.”

“Wow.” Sehun widened his eyes. “Dad really doesn’t know how to stop.”

“It’s an occupational hazard, there’s nothing he could do.” Baekhyun shrugged. He puffed his cheeks while taking out his phone from his blazer’s pocket. “I can’t take it anymore, I’m calling ba.”

Sehun said nothing as Baekhyun brought his phone closer to his ear, but he shifted closer so he could hear their conversation too. “Ba?” Baekhyun called as the call was connected.

What is it, Puppy? I’m already on my way,” Yifan responded. He sounded calm, so Sehun assumed that the street wasn’t crowded.

“Dad is not moving on his desk, please go home faster,” Baekhyun whined and Yifan could see his son was wiggling his body as he did. “His temperature is so high and he won’t wake up!”

Yifan didn’t answer immediately. Sehun heard a faint sound of horn. “Are you with Sehun now?

“Yes—yes, I’m with him.”

Okay, calm down, Baby. Now while waiting for me, you two carry him to his bed. Do it carefully, you know how fragile he is, right?” Sehun rolled his eyes. How could his father managed to come up with such line? “Treat him like how you treat fainted people. Loosen his shirt and pants, fan him and—oh, fever patch! Put one on him. I’ll try to get home as fast as possible.

“I got it, Ba. Be careful on your way.”

Sure. I’m hanging up now. See you.

“See you.” Baekhyun sighed as he stared at his phone’s screen, making sure that the phone call had disconnected. He fished his phone back in his pocket and shifted his gaze at Sehun. “Come on, let’s carry him to his bed.”

“You get his legs. I’ll hold his body,” Sehun demanded as he wrapped an arm around his dad’s shoulder and pulled him closer to his body.

“Wouldn’t it be too heavy for you?” Baekhyun asked, arms placed under his dad’s knees.

“Yeah but you’re smaller than me so lift him on three. One, two, three!” Baekhyun exploded to a loud laugh as he lifted his dad’s legs, glad that his brother understood him, and followed Sehun to his dad’s bedroom. They laid Junmyeon safely on his bed, ed two top buttons on Junmyeon’s shirt, loosened his belt and the air conditioner. While Baekhyun was fanning him with a newspaper he had found on the nightstand, Sehun went to take the fever patch from the first aid kit.

After they had plastered the fever patch on Junmyeon’s forehead and put a thermometer under his arm, they waited in their fathers’ bedroom, making sure they sat on a safe distance so that Junmyeon could breathe properly. Baekhyun couldn’t stay still, he kept on walking back and forth in the room because he was so worried, so Sehun volunteered to fan their dad even though his hand hurt.

“You know how fair dad’s skin is in normal condition,” Baekhyun said suddenly. “I mean look at him now… he’s so pale, he looks terrible.”

“I know,” Sehun sighed. He stiffened when he heard faint sound of footsteps from the corridor. Baekhyun seemed to notice it too, so they stayed quiet for a while to listen to it. “Isn’t that ba? Meet him, Hyung.”

“Alright,” Baekhyun said as he walked out of the room. Sehun continued on fanning his dad. He heard Yifan’s greeting, Baekhyun’s exclaim and rushed footsteps before his father and brother entered the room together.

“Oh God, Junmyeon!” Yifan put his laptop bag on the floor before rushing towards the bed as the thermometer beeped. Yifan carefully detached it and hissed furiously once he saw the digit shown there. “41,7oC?? How is this—oh, holy mother.”

Sehun took the thermometer from Yifan’s hand and put it back in its place. Yifan gently lifted Junmyeon in his arms, and Baekhyun just realized how small his dad was compared to his ba. “I’m taking your dad to the hospital. Are you coming?”

“Yes!” Baekhyun answered loudly. Yifan turned at Sehun, asking with his eyes and he got a nod as an answer.

“Do you want to change your clothes first?”

Both boys stared at each other and realized that they were still wearing their school uniform. “No, we’re okay, Ba. Let’s go now!” Baekhyun started to whine and Yifan nodded.

“Okay, I’ll go to the basement now. You guys pack some clothes for your dad, don’t forget to bring a pair of his shoes and his coat. I’ll wait in the car.”

Without saying anything, Yifan headed to the front door and Sehun left the packing to Baekhyun because he knew his brother understood their dad’s style better. Sehun walked out the room to turn off the lamps and took his dad’s coat and shoes. After everything was ready, they didn’t even bother to take the lift and dashed down the stairs to the basement instead. Sehun took the front seat while Baekhyun took the back one, his dad’s head on his thighs.

Fortunately, the street wasn’t crowded so they could arrive at the hospital in no time. Yifan sent Junmyeon to the ED immediately so that his condition would be checked. While they were sitting in the waiting room, Sehun suddenly understood where did Baekhyun got his habit to not able to stay still when he was anxious, because Yifan was doing the same thing that he wanted to glue his Chinese father’s on the chair, but Baekhyun was there to hold him, so he did nothing in the end.

The doctor showed up 20 minutes later and Yifan ran towards him. “Seonsaengnim,” he greeted as he obowed deeply, “how’s my husband?”

The doctor seemed to be taken aback at the sudden remark. “He’s your husband?” he asked carefully, tone full of curiosity.

“Yes, yes, he is…” Yifan answered breathlessly. “Is he—is he okay?”

“Well,” the doctor started, “as you said before, he has been overworking himself. He’s in a total exhausted state, also lack of sleep and food. He also has a high fever, so his condition is really bad. Say, if you’re his husband, how could you let him overworked himself like that?”

Yifan’s expression turned to a guilty one in an instant. He lowered his head in regret. “I’m sorry… I knew that he had a lot of work to do, but I was also busy so…”

It was the doctor’s first time meeting a married gay couple, and he really wanted to scold the tall male for not taking care of his husband well, but seeing the regret in his voice, also the glint of affection he caught in Yifan’s eyes which were the indication that he loved his husband so much and their relationship was okay made the doctor smiled. “Anyway, we’re still checking on him. We will move him to a treatment room in an hour, and after that you can meet him. He will wake up in 24 hours, don’t worry.”

Yifan smiled. “Yes, Seonsaengnim. Thank you very much!”

As soon as the doctor left, Baekhyun and Sehun approached their father.

“How’s dad?” Baekhyun asked, he wasn’t as worried as before upon seeing his ba’s relieved face.

“He’s okay, the doctor said he is expected to be awake within 24 hours,” Yifan explained, and Baekhyun sighed in relief. “I shouldn’t have let him to overwork like that…”

“Yeah, it’s all your fault, Ba,” Sehun said nonchalantly, only to be kicked by Baekhyun right on his shin and he let out a short yelp. “At least he’s okay now,” the youngest continued as he shrugged. “So what are we going to do?”

“Both of you should go home,” Yifan demanded. Baekhyun and Sehun frowned at the same time, and Yifan knew they were sulking in silence because they wanted to stay and meet their daddy. “It’s getting late, and you have school tomorrow, don’t you?”

Baekhyun sighed in defeat. “Fine. I have homework to do anyway.”

“Ah!” Sehun clapped his hands once. “We haven’t had dinner!”

“Right.” Yifan took out his wallet from his back pocket and took some bills there before handing it to Baekhyun. “Here. Buy takeouts—jjajang or chicken or anything. Use that to buy your breakfast, too. I think I won’t come home tomorrow morning.”

“You’re not going to work?” Baekhyun asked as he fished the money to his blazer’s inner pocket.

“No, I’m having a day off tomorrow—I’ll call my secretary latter. Besides, your dad needs to rest,” Yifan sighed as he ran his fingers through his messy hair. “Do you want to go home by cab? Want me to call one for you? I’ll give you extra bills.”

“No—no, thanks.” Sehun shook his head calmly. “We’ll just take the bus, Ba. We still have our bus cards with us anyway,” Sehun said while shrugging. Yifan stayed in silence for a while, he looked like he was considering Sehun’s words way too seriously. But Baekhyun did hapkido and Sehun’s fighting (or more like, punching and kicking) skill was no joke, so maybe they would be arrived home safely.

“Okay, then. Be careful on your way home—and Baekhyun, call me once you got home,” Yifan said with a face that somehow looked sad. They nodded, and Sehun was the one to turn around and walk away, while Baekhyun waved his hand cheerily at his father before catching up with Sehun.

Yifan made sure that both of his boys was out from his vision before sitting back on his previous seat lifelessly, waiting for the doctor, for the nurse, or anyone who would tell him Junmyeon’s condition.

 

 

It was almost 9 in the morning when Junmyeon opened his eyes.

The beautiful male blinked a few times, trying hard to wake up because his eyelids felt so heavy. He felt so exhausted, like all of his energy had drained from his body. When he managed gather his consciousness, he scanned the room, realizing that he was in a hospital room. Then, the memory from the previous day entered his mind—he had been feeling unwell since morning, had stubbornly decided to work and had passed out on his desk. He didn’t remember anything after that.

He tried to move his body, but his right hand felt slightly hurt, and he shifted his gaze there just to see that there was an IV infused to his hand. He sighed, not liking the idea of being hospitalized.

His eyes went wider as he startled when he realized there was a person on the left side of his bed. It was Yifan, staring at him calmly, face resting on his palm.

“Morning, Babe,” Yifan greeted as he took Junmyeon’s left hand in his and kissed the fingers affectionately. Junmyeon habitually shut his eyes and exhaled through his nose slowly because it felt comfortable.

“Morning, Yifan…” the moment Yifan had done kissing Junmyeon’s fingers, the Chinese male’s eyes gazed back to Junmyeon’s face. The latter stared at him questioningly. “What are you looking at?”

“Your face,” Yifan answered as he brought his hand to caress Junmyeon’s cheek, and Junmyeon leaned in to the touch instantly. “Goddamn, how do you even manage to stay this beautiful even after those years? I could’ve sworn that you were this pretty when the first time I asked you out.”

Junmyeon smiled. He realized that they were the only people in the room and his sons were nowhere to be found. He understood if Yifan felt uncomfortable to say such things in front of their children, and now that he got the chance to do so, he showered Junmyeon with affectionate words, showing him his love.

Junmyeon wasn’t ready when Yifan slid his hand down and dragged his thumb on Junmyeon’s lower lip. Junmyeon gulped as the thumb part his lips and slowly made its way inside his mouth.

“Yi—”

Junmyeon mewled feebly as the thumb brushed his tongue. The Chinese male tugged a corner of his mouth to form a smirk and chuckled lightly, thumb playing with the tip of his husband’s tongue and enjoyed the whimper coming out every time he did. He took out his thumb and smiled. “Why are you so excited, hmm?”

For inexplicable reasons, Junmyeon was out of breath. He pouted in dislike. “What are you up to at such hour? I just woke up…”

Yifan stood up from the chair and sat on the bed right beside Junmyeon before lifting up the beautiful male onto his lap. The latter didn’t fight (why would he?) and shifted his body to a more comfortable position instead. Junmyeon put his head on Yifan’s shoulder, he got the right spot like it was his personal pillow.

“Hey,” Yifan called softly, “I’m sorry.”

“Hm? What for?”

“For not taking care of you.”

Junmyeon giggled. “You know what was happening. Some editors quitted, bunch of new writers submitted their works, and I just happened to be one of the senior editors there, nothing’s wrong. I’m just doing what I always do, Yifan. Don’t push the blame to yourself.”

The Chinese male pouted. “But still…”

“Don’t whine, geez,” Junmyeon said before kissing Yifan’s pout. The pout soon turned into a smile and Yifan quickly kissed back. In no time, Junmyeon turned to a complete jelly underneath Yifan’s kisses. He whimpered weakly, wasn’t able to actually think straight when Yifan started to his jaw and down to his neck. It felt like a magic because their marriage was more than 10 years, but every time they kissed, it still felt like the first time for Junmyeon.

“I love you,” Yifan whispered hoarsely while biting Junmyeon’s collarbone, while the latter was busy holding himself from making sound so he couldn’t answer even though he wanted to. Yifan smirked as he lifted his face. “You don’t have to answer that. Your whole body is saying it already.”

This time, it was Junmyeon who pouted. “You’re such a tease.”

“But you love this tease.”

“Yeah,” Junmyeon chuckled lightly. He gave Yifan a loving stare before leaning in to kiss him and whispered, “I love you too.”

 

(“Hyung, don’t you think ba told us to go home because he wanted to be touchy-touchy to dad? Or maybe having a small make out session.”

“You erted stop making such an assumption!”

“Ack! Don’t practice your hapkido kick to my thigh!!”)

 

 

A/n:Woah currently the longest one for this series!
I think my writing is getting rusty TT the romance... even I can't feel it /cries/
A/n2:Should I start taking plot requests for this series?? You can shoot it at my ask.fm! ^^ make sure it's interesting, not too long and easy to write hehe~
A/n3:I made a twitter! Follow me? >< /whyamishamelesslypromotingmyselforz/