Pull Up Your Sleeves

Dragon's Nest series

Title:Pull Up Your Sleeves
Author:bleedinglips
Pairing: siblings!Sebaek
Genre:brothership is that even a genre hhh let's just consider this as fluff
Rating:G
Disclaimer: I own nothing beside this fic
Word Count:1,803
Summary:Baekhyun wants to learn hapkido all of a sudden.
Note:Age settings Baekhyun 2nd grade Sehun 1st grade

A/n:So this is how Baekhyun ended up as a martial artist hehe
A/n2:idk but I enjoy writing sebaek more than Krisho??

 

Junmyeon thought it was just a usual boring day. He cooked for breakfast, Yifan went to work and the boys left for school. After everyone had left, he washed the dishes, cleaned the house, tidied the bedrooms and washed the clothes. He had finished his houseworks at about 11, and immediately started to work behind his desk, editing a book of a rookie writer.

He took a break at about 3 p.m and made a cup of coffee. He was stirring his coffee while walking back to his desk when he heard sounds of sobbing from the front door. Confused, he went there just to see a crying Baekhyun, feet dragged soullessly on the floor. Junmyeon put his mug on the cabinet and approached the crying boy.

“Welcome home, Puppy. What’s wrong?” Junmyeon asked as he knelt in front of his son. He tugged on Baekhyun’s backpack’s strap and the latter took it off. Baekhyun didn’t answer. He lifted his head, fat tears rolling down his chubby cheeks. The boy leaned in and wrapped his arms around his dad’s neck.

“Daddy…” Baekhyun sobbed. Instead of continuing to ask about what was wrong with him, Junmyeon lifted Baekhyun in his arms, patted his back soothingly until he fell asleep.

After Baekhyun had fallen asleep, Junmyeon tucked him on his bed and walked out of the room quietly. He took the backpack on the floor, put it in near the door of his sons’ room and went to the cabinet to take his coffee again. Just as he sat behind his desk and had a sip of his coffee, the front door was opened again.

“I’m home…” Sehun greeted tiredly. The beautiful male put his mug on his desk and went up to see his youngest boy, eyes drooped and legs slightly trembling. Junmyeon quickly took his backpack and motioned him to sit so that the boy could put off his shoes, but instead, the boy leaned his back on Junmyeon’s chest. “Daddy…”

“Welcome home, Hunie. Are you okay?” Junmyeon swept the sweats of Sehun’s forehead, and then he noticed that Sehun’s tee was dirty. “What’s with your tee?”

“Soccer. I fell. No big deal, I’m okay.” Sehun closed his eyes and Junmyeon could feel his tiredness from Sehun’s sweaty back so he reached out to untie Sehun’s shoelaces. “Whoa, Dad, stop it. I can manage them myself.”

Junmyeon stopped and held both of Sehun’s shoulders. “Fine. Do you want to take a bath? I’ll prepare the hot water for you.”

“I’m okay. I have a pile of homeworks to do. I’ll just take a bath later in the evening.” Sehun straighten his back and started to untie his shoelaces.

“At least wash the sweat off of your body for now, okay?” Junmyeon tapped on Sehun’s head, and the latter only nodded once. “Oh, by any chance… do you know what happened to your brother? He came home crying.”

“Baekhyun hyung?” Sehun stared at his father, thinking. “Oh, some kids called him names at school.”

“What? What did they call him?”

“Beats~ me~” Sehun sang. He stood up and took his backpack. “I beat them without asking.”

Junmyeon widen his eyes. “YOU WHAT?!”

Sehun stopped, he blinked a few times. “Trying to defend my brother?” he answered, even though it was literally ended with a question mark. The boy then walked to his room.

Junmyeon gaped. Did his son punch people?

So it wasn’t a usual day at all.

 

 

 

The dining table was full of food. Yifan who had been thinking of seaweed soup all day long because it had been a while since Junmyeon made one, and when he had just arrived home just to find a pot full of seaweed soup in it he couldn’t help but kissed and thanked Junmyeon with all of the remaining energy in his body. Sehun just rolled his eyes while Baekhyun almost choked on his orange juice.

“Ok ok I got it you’re welcome, Honey! Now take a bath so you can join the dining table for dinner. You’re sweating a lot,” Junmyeon complained while pushing Yifan’s chest.

“Don’t you love my sweats, Baby?” Yifan asked teasingly and Sehun could say the horror on Baekhyun’s face was hilarious, but he knew that it wasn’t appropriate to laugh at that.

“GROOOOOSSSS!” Sehun groaned in frustrasion instead. Yifan let out a laugh and broke the hug with Junmyeon. He took of his blazer and gave it to Junmyeon.

“I’ll take a quick bath,” Yifan said confidently as he walked to the bathroom.

“Daddy what’s the record of baba’s quickest shower?” Sehun asked, and Junmyeon who was still busy with the kimchi stopped just to memorize that.

“27 minutes. And it was … like 7 years ago?” Junmyeon tilted his head.

Sehun exhaled with a clear dissatisfy in his voice. “Daddy I’m 7.”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he has improved a lot.”

Even though Sehun had decided to believe on Junmyeon’s words, but he ended up finishing 7 levels of Angry Birds in his dad’s phone. Yifan came out casually like he hadn’t make anyone waiting, but no one in the house practically could scold him so everyone (pretended to act like they) didn’t mind at all.

During the dinner, Baekhyun who was usually the mood booster and conversation starter, didn’t even say a word. Junmyeon wanted to ask about it, but he knew their appetite would gone and Baekhyun would ended up not finishing his dinner, so Junmyeon held back his question.

When everyone had finally finished their dinner, Junmyeon prevented them from leaving the dining table by making tea. Everyone in the house loved tea, and Baekhyun didn’t have a heart to refuse the mug of jasmine tea that was given to him. He just sat there, and from the nervousness he had on his face, Junmyeon could tell that Baekhyun wanted to tell him something.

“Daddy,” Baekhyun finally called and Junmyeon smiled at him.

“Yes, Puppy?”

“I—” Baekhyun sighed. His grip around the mug was tightened. “I want to learn martial arts.”

The atmosphere changed in a matter of seconds. Everyone had their eyes on Baekhyun. None of them had expected that kind of thing would slip out Baekhyun’s lips. They had always seen Baekhyun as a one nice boy who was undoubtedly cheerful and always treated everyone gently. But martial arts?

“Why?” Junmyeon asked, and instead of curious or confused, there was worry laced in his tone. “Does it have something to do with you coming home crying?"

“What?” Yifan snapped his head at Junmyeon, and the latter was startled because of the sudden move. The next second, Yifan’s head was turned to the puppy boy. “Why were you crying? Did someone do something bad to you?”

“It… it was… the kids called me a girl just because I couldn’t throw the ball as far as them… I always lose every time I play dodgeball with them, it’s just… I… I feel weak…” Baekhyun’s voice started to be hoarse, an indicator that he was close to tears. “That’s why… I want to learn martial arts…”

Junmyeon sighed in relief. He was thankful that Baekhyun was naturally a talkative boy. In a situation like this, he would tell what he felt because if he didn’t, Junmyeon couldn’t help him to finish his problem. A smile crept on Junmyeon’s face. “Alright, then. It’s fine with me. Don’t boys learn martial arts, too? You may be a great martial artist later.”

“Yeah, that could be.” Yifan nodded in agreement. “But Baekhyunie, do you know that there are many kinds of martial arts?”

Baekhyun lifted his face and Junmyeon’s smile got wider because he didn’t see tears in Baekhyun’s eyes anymore. “R—really?”

“Yeah, should I mention them for you? Taekwondo, Hapkido, Judo, Karate, Kungfu, Yoga—wait that’s not a martial art. You should choose one, Baekhyunie.” Yifan finished his sentence by holding up his index finger.

“Well… I’ll search for them in the internet, then.”

“Tell me if you’ve chosen one of them, okay?” Junmyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded in response. “Yifan, do you know someone who does martial arts?”

“Hmm…” Yifan touched his chin, thinking. “Oh, Jung Yunho, my senior in college. He did a Japanese martial art—what was it, Aikido? If I’m not mistaken, he was also in a martial arts community… I’ll contact him if Baekhyun has decided what he would choose.”

“Okay.” This time, Junmyeon turned his head at Sehun who didn’t even bother to make sounds. “Sehunie, now would you tell me what you did when the kids at the school calling your brother a girl?”

Sehun sighed. “I just happened to pass by when I was walking to the court to play soccer with my friends… they were surrounding Baekhyun hyung and I had no idea what were they doing… I just pushed them away and told them not to hurt hyungie, and then I pulled Baekhyun hyung with me. I didn’t punch them, Dad, no worries.”

Sehun fixed his gaze on the mug in front of him, so he missed the proud smiles on his fathers’ face. “You did the right thing,” Yifan said with an unusual sweet smile. He shifted his gaze to Baekhyun. “Decide quickly, Baby. I will contact my senior immediately.”

“Yes, Baba. I will.”

 

 

 

The next day, Baekhyun and Sehun was sitting in their rooms together. They put the low table on the floor and sat behind it. Baekhyun was studying and Sehun was reading a comic.

“Have you decided, Hyung?” Sehun asked suddenly. Baekhyun stared at him, not sure about what his brother was asking.

“Decide about what?” Baekhyun asked back.

“The martial art that you want to learn.”

Baekhyun formed a small ‘o’ with his mouth. He stopped writing and put his pen on the table. He looked at the ceiling as if the answer was there. “Hapkido,” the older boy said without doubt. “I want to learn hapkido.”

“Why?” Sehun asked, eyes fixed to his comic as he flipped another page open.

“Because I’m not strong enough.”

Sehun lifted his gaze to his pouting hyung. “Is that even a reason?”

“Hapkido’s main techniques are about self-defense, not attacking. Like, I avoid myself from being hit without hitting.”

“Ah.” Sehun nodded. “So it’s like using the opponent’s power. I think that’s easier than taekwondo.”

“It is, right? I will tell baba.” Baekhyun got off the floor and went to the door. His hand reached the handle but he stopped and turned to Sehun. “Sehunie.”

Sehun lifted his head to see at his brother. “Yes, Hyung?”

The grin on Baekhyun’s face that time literally was the most eye-blinding grin Sehun had ever seen in his life. “Next time I will be the one who protect you.”

Sehun smiled, eyes disappearing into moon crescents. “I’ll wait, then.”

 

 

A/n3:SEE HOW CAN I STOP WRITING ABOUT THEM HUHUHU