A Basket of Roses

Dragon's Nest series

Title:A Basket of Roses
Author:bleedinglips
Pairing:Krisho, siblings!Sebaek
Genre:romance
Rating:PG
Disclaimer: I own nothing beside this fic
Word Count:1,256
Age Setting:Baekhyun 7th grade, Sehun 6th grade

Summary:It was Junmyeon’s birthday and Sehun found something on the table

A/n:Happy birthday to YOOOUUU
 

 

 

Sehun groaned on his bed. He kicked his blanket and rolled, eyes not focused. He laid on his back again and yawned, his hand rubbing the sleep off his eyes. After a few minutes regaining consciousness, he finally sat up, exhaled when a few strands of hair fell in front of his eyes, and thinking to have his hair cut today.

The 12 years old boy shifted to the edge of the bed and instead of using the ladder, he jumped from the upper bed he was sleeping at. Baekhyun who slept on the lower bed was still sleeping and Sehun didn’t bother to wake him up because he knew he was always the first to wake up in the house, and he knew it was still around 6.00 am.

Walking out the room, Sehun yawned again. He was going for the bathroom, but stopped when he saw a basket of roses on the dining table. He stared at the roses from distance, not sure how to react. The fresh roses were arranged beautifully, and they looked like they were just picked up a few minutes ago.

His fathers’ room was opened and he turned his head to see Junmyeon walking out his room.

“Morning, Sehunie,” Junmyeon greeted with a sleepy smile.

“Morning, Dad,” Sehun replied, and he stepped closer to hug his father. “Happy birthday."

Junmyeon giggled and hugged Sehun back. “Oh, right. Today’s my birthday. Thank you, Son.” Sehun broke the hug and smiled at him. Junmyeon ruffled Sehun’s hair caringly. “Are you always awake at this time?”

“Every single day.” Sehun shrugged. Junmyeon nodded, and suddenly he saw something over Sehun’s shoulder. He tilted his head to see the roses and stared at his son.

“What’s this?” Junmyeon asked, he looked unsure.

Sehun blinked, thinking about it and suddenly got it. “Maybe it’s a birthday present for you?”

“Since everything’s not clear yet, let’s discuss later. You haven’t brushed your teeth have you? Brush them clean, Baby.” Junmyeon pushed Sehun to the bathroom and the latter didn’t even resist.

About 45 minutes later, Junmyeon was busy in the kitchen preparing for breakfast, Sehun was sitting on the couch with the TV on, and Baekhyun was still in the room, wearing his uniform. Junmyeon turned off the stove and put the last egg on the plate. The male lifted two plates on each hand, and he clicked his tongue when he saw the flower basket on the dining table.

“Sehunie,” Junmyeon called, and the said boy turned his head. “Can you move this basket to the table in front of you?”

“Okay.” Sehun turned off the TV and walked to the dining table, lifted the flower basket and moved it to the table in front of the TV. He went to dining table again and sat on one of the chairs. He stared at the plate in front of him. Egg, three pieces of sausages, mashed potatoes, and toast. “You make American breakfast often.”

Junmyeon closed the fridge after he took out a carton of milk. “Your ba is Canadian that’s why.”

“I thought he was Chinese.” Sehun held out his glass and Junmyeon poured the milk for him. “Where is Canada?”

“It’s in America, Sehunie. And, your ba is both Chinese and Canadian.”

Baekhyun walked out his room with his summer uniform on. He had his tie on his hand. “Do we use tie on summer uniform?”

“Since it’s gonna be hot, you better don’t.” Junmyeon shook his head. Baekhyun nodded and went to his room to put his tie back. He pulled a chair beside Sehun and sat on it. The smell of their breakfast lingered around the dining table made his smile grew.

“You look handsome,” Sehun said with a frown. “I want to use uniform too.”

“You will when you enter middle school.” Baekhyun reached out for the carton milk and poured the milk in his glass. “But don’t kids in private primary school use uniform too?”

“Private schools around here are in Gangnam. That’s too far. You have to wake up at 5,” Junmyeon said as he stuffed a sausage in his mouth. “Finish your breakfast quickly. You’ll miss the morning bus.”

“Why don’t you make a special breakfast? It’s your birthday,” Baekhyun asked jokingly.

“Wait for dinner and you’ll see.” Junmyeon gave a mysterious smile and Baekhyun rolled his eyes in response.

“Where’s ba? He’s going to be late.” Sehun stared at his fathers’ room. “Is he still sleeping?”

“He is. Last night he said that he’s going to—” Junmyeon and Yifan’s room’s door was slammed and a panicked Yifan dashed out to the bathroom. The other three males widen their eyes, shocked. 2 minutes later, Yifan ran out the bathroom and entered his room again. A pair of messily-wore suit later, the tall male rushed to the dining table.

“I’m late, Junmyeon. Oh my God why didn’t you wake me up??” Yifan asked with anger at the back of his tone. He sat beside Junmyeon and exhaled.

“You said you’re going to have a day off today,” Junmyeon reminded. Yifan froze and he stared at his husband. Junmyeon giggled as he pulled off the tie that Yifan hadn’t tied around his neck.

“Ah… day off. Right. Sorry.” Yifan took his fork and poked his sausage. He cocked his eyebrows as he remembered something. “Oh, Junmyeon. Happy birthday.”

“Thank you, Dragon.” Junmyeon leaned in and gave his husband a quick kiss. “So… can you at least explain the basket of roses that was here this morning?”

“Roses? Ah, you moved it there—it’s your birthday gift. It was delivered today. Do you like it?”

“I’m not that fond of flowers—am I even a female? But since it’s from you, I love it.”

“Why do you give him real flowers? It’s dead this afternoon,” Sehun said nonchalantly.

“If I give him fake flowers then that means my feeling to your dad is fake too. I gave him the real ones, because that symbolized my love. Fresh, beautiful, and heart-warming,” Yifan answered proudly and his sons let out held out laughs. “Hey, don’t laugh. I’m being serious.”

“You’re so cheesy,” Baekhyun laughed. He didn’t expect to have such a father in his life.

“Your ba is a cheeseball monster, don’t mind him. Put your plate in the sink if you’ve finished your breakfast and leave for school, it’s 7.30.” Sehun and Baekhyun lifted their plates and put them in the sink. They went in their rooms to get their backpacks.

“We’re leaving, Dad, Ba.” Baekhyun smiled at Junmyeon. Sehun didn’t say anything and just trailed behind Baekhyun. “Happy birthday, Dad.”

“Have a nice day, Kids.” Junmyeon waved as his head followed his children.

“Don’t come home too early!” Yifan exclaimed and Junmyeon hit him. Sehun and Baekhyun laughed at the front door. “What? Don’t you want to have the house just for the two of us today?”

“But don’t say it in front of them, you stupid,” Junmyeon hissed. Yifan smiled and leaned in to catch his lips. Junmyeon didn’t budge, but he smiled as Yifan dragged his tongue on his lips and he finally kissed back.

“Happy birthday, Baby,” Yifan whispered between his kisses.

 

END

 

 

(“Hyung, do you think they’re gonna have all day?”

“I don’t know, is it even appropriate to have in the morning—WAIT WHY ARE YOU ASKING SUCH THING.”

“Why? Ba’s words implied something… ual, you know.”

“SEHUNIE YOU’RE TWELVE WHY ARE YOU SO ERT.”

“…do you even have to yell.”)

 

A/n:IM SORRY I FORGOT SUHO'S BIRTHDAY WHAT KIND OF FAN I AM
I rushed this. I'm sorry if it's messed up, I'm trying my best ;_;

P.S:Sehun's hidden personality --> a ert