Painting

Short Stories

 

       A little reindeer-like man is busy scavaging the pile of art supplies that have been locked away in the dorm's store since the start of time. Finding the tools and paints that seems suitable enough for his little mini project, he quickly pile the unwanted art supplies back in the corner. Grinning and skipping happily while humming a joyous melody, one would often ponder whether he is indeed a real reindeer in disguise.

      

     Various art tools and supplies are neatly arranged on the table with the self proclaimed painter looking satisfied with how things are going according to his plan. Thinking carefully of the painting he's going to paint, he picks up an overused pencil almost as small as his fragile pinky finger and start sketching on the white paper. Obviously a sketch is supposed to be laid back without much details but he just couldn't help but erase every small error that his eye find on the sketch. 

      

     This would take quite a while.. so he thought. Indeed it took as much time as finishing an average of an album. 

 

    Finally being satisfied with the sketch, he took out various bright tone of watercolour inserted with some earthy colours. Being a clumsy person, he accidentally put too much watercolour on his palette more than he needed. He shrugs off the thought as soon as he realized that he had made more than enough money to buy a new set of watercolour another time. It seems that this reindeer seems be quite well off from helping out santa or from doing another job which requires him to show off his natural cuteness and adorableness that just makes people throw money at his face.

 

     Finally starting after mixing so many colours together, a was done on the sketch. One by one, the are all coming together to make up the painting which seems like a mix of an alien and a reindeer featuring a weirdly drawn santa at the back. Frowning at his own painting, he was pretty sure that this thing looked nice in his mind but somehow it just doesn't translate towards the painting itself. He kept thinking of how to fix this painting when suddenly a door creaking sound could be heard from his shared room.

   

     ' Luhan hyung, what are you doing? ' said the person who came out of the room.

    ' It's a painting of santa and his reindeer Sehunah. Supposedly. '  answered the painter followed by a small sigh that could be heard by the other party.

    ' Reindeer huh? ' a wide grin could be seen on the younger boy's face with his devillish lightbulb being . 

 

    It took just a short moment before the younger one took a brush, dip it in some bright red watercolour and finally painting the older's nose into a bright red colour. He took out his phone and snap a picture of the older one who is still being shocked from the sudden burst of events while laughing. He showed the picture to the older while whispering in the older's ear 

 

    This is the most beautiful reindeer I have ever met in my whole life. 

 

    The older one starts to turn deep red all over from being embarassed while the younger one sets the newly taken picture as his phone wallpaper.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Well I'm kinda getting into the mood of writing short stories hahaha

Hope you guys enjoyed this one even if it's too short hehe