Chapter 4

Baby steps

It's been a few days since Jessica and her twins went to the beach. Now they were back at home and surprisingly, Taecyeon never found out that Jessica took the twins out of the house for days. Jessica was eating an apple when Taecyeon walked up to her wearing his usual clothes; a black suit and tie with his hair spiked up.

 

"Hey Sica." he greeted her with a smile.

 

Jessica saw him and forced a fake smile.

 

"Hey." she says.

 

"I know that I've been unfair to you so I want to make a deal with you about something and hopefully, this will make up for everything." He said, as he walked over to her and sat beside her on the counter.

 

"A deal? What kind of deal?" she asked him while taking a bite of her apple.

 

"Well, I know that you have always been in the house since I told you that you couldn't leave and well.. how do I say this.. well.. I've noticed that you've gotten a bit heavier when I carried you last night." he said, as if it was normal to tell a woman that she was fat or gaining weight.

 

Jessica mentally rolled her eyes because a, she was not fat and b, the only reason he didn't have the strength to carry her was because he tired himself out at work doing whatever he was doing and he himself was the one becoming unfit. Jessica wanted to tell him that he should stop eating so much fat food and start working out again because he was the one who was getting fat.

 

"So you're saying that I'm getting fat, so you want me to go out and work out or something?" she asked him.

 

He shrugged.

 

"I just want you to go and enjoy yourself and stay in shape.. you know.. so we can look good together.. I still have a reputation, Sica. I can't be seen with an unattractive wife." he said, sounding selfish.

 

Jessica felt angry. How dare Taecyeon call her fat when she worked out everyday by jogging around in their huge backyard every morning and ate healthy food all of the time. She only weighed 106 pounds! She was definitely not fat and she owned an attractive body! However, she will appreciate the fact that he's letting her go out to enjoy herself now without having to sneak out all of the time, which made her feel like she was a criminal committing a crime.

 

"I guess you're right." she said, as she secretly wanted to tell him off. She was still a woman and it hurts to be called fat when she wasn't even fat. 

 

"Good. Now I'm heading off to work and you can go meet up with your friends or something. Bring the kids with you or leave them with the maids. Just be home before midnight. I probably won't be home tonight anyways so I'll see you tomorrow." he said before he gathered his stuff and leaned towards her and gave her a quick peck on her lips before he stood up and left the house.

 

Jessia sighs before she looked at the clock to carify the time.

 

12am..

 

"Yoong. Come here, baby." Jessica called out to her son and a few seconds later, tiny footsteps were heard running into the kitchen.

 

"Yes mommy?" he looked at her confused.

 

Jessica smiled at him. 

 

"Mommy's going to the mall right now. Do you want to come along? We can stop by the food court and have lunch there." she says.

 

Yoong's eyes lit up in happiness.

 

"Yes! Can Soojung come, too?" he asked her.

 

"Yes, Soojung can come, too." Jessica laughs as her son fist pumped happily before running towards the living room shouting for Soojung.

 

Jessica knew that her kids probably ran to their rooms to get ready so she went up to her room to grab her keys and purse then she went to find her kids.

 

"Are my babies ready?" she asked them and the two nodded excitedly before running out of the house and towards the car. Jessica locked the house and left a note for the maid. Then she unlocked her car and helped the twins get buckled in their carseats.

 

She closed the door and walked to the driver's seat and got in and buckled her seatbelt on before starting her car.

 

"What do you two want to do today?" she asked them as she waits for her car to warm up.

 

Soojung shrugs.

 

"I want ice-cream." she says.

 

"We can get ice-cream after we have lunch, okay baby?" says Jessica.

 

Soojung nods.

 

"I want to buy a toy." Yoong says while he played with his seat belt.

 

"Okay Yoong." Jessica smiles before she puts the car to drive and drives to the mall.

 

When they arrived at the mall, they went to the food court and bought food. They ate for like 30 minutes before Jessica took the twins to use the restrooms then they went to the stores to shop.

 

Almost two hours had passed and Jessica bought a pair of new shoes, two sets of new clothes and sunglasses for herself. She bought Soojung and Yoong new clothes, new shoes, and toys.

 

"Mommy! Look! It's Tippany unnie!" Soojung says excitedly as she points her fingers at the red hair teenager who was standing beside a few of her friends who were window shopping and chatting among themselves.

 

Jessica instantly smiled.

 

Tiffany felt like she was being looked at so she turned around and saw the family staring at her. She smiled at them and waved.

 

"Hey, I'm going to be right back." Tiffany tells her friends and they nodded, not really paying attention.

 

Tiffany walked over to the family.

 

"Hey Jessica unnie. Hey Soojung-ah. and hi.."

 

"This is Yoong." Jessica says.

 

Tiffany nods and waves to the little boy, who was smiling shyly at her.

 

"Hi Yoong. I really like that shirt you're wearing." Tiffany complimented.

 

"You do?" Yoona asked.

 

"Of course! It's Toy Story! I love Toy Story!" Tiffany says.

 

"Me too!" said Yoong, happily.

 

Jessica watched their interactions and smiled at how cute the two were acting.

 

"Tiffany, we were going to go have ice-cream. Do you want to come with us?" asked Jessica, casually.

 

Tiffany glanced at her friends and saw that they leaving to another store.

 

"Sure. " she says.

 

As they walked to the ice-cream shop, Yoong grabbed her hand happily.

 

Tiffany looked at Jessica and she shrugged.

 

Jessica was holding Soojung's hand.

 

"How have you been?" asked Jessica.

 

"I've been alright, I guess.." Tiffany answered. "How about you? You look like you're shinning like you're beautiful.. no.. I meant to say that you look good.. ah.. nevermind." Tiffany blushed in embarrassment.

 

Jessica giggled quietly.

 

"Thank you for thinking I'm beautiful, Tiff." Jessica says. She was happy that at least someone appreciated her looks unlike her insensitive husband, who indirectly told her that she looked fat and not beautiful.

 

"Tiff?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Is it alright if i called you that?" asked Jessica.

 

"Sure." Tiffany replied. "But only if I get to call you Jessi." she says.

 

"But everyone I know calls me Sica or Jessica, and I'm older than you! You should call me unnie!" Jessica pouts.

 

"But I'm born in the U.S. so it's okay." Tiffany says.

 

"I guess it's okay then." says Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Short update! This chapter was supposed to be longer, but as always, I ran out of ideas. Hopefully, the next chapter will be longer and better.