Chapter 3

Baby steps

When Jessica got home, she saw her twins watching tv together in the living room. 

 

"Hey babies, are you hungry?" she asked them.

 

Being a big shikshin, Yoong nodded. On the other hand, Soojung shook her head.

 

"Why not, Soojung-ah? You have to eat something, baby." said Jessica.

 

"Soojung not hungwey, mommy." said Soojung, pouting.

 

Jessica sighs.

 

"I'm going to cook and all three of us will eat, got it?" she eyed them and waited for a response.

 

"Yes mommy." said Yoong and Soojung.

 

Jessica smiled and went to the kitchen and began cooking.

 

She made ramen since it was fast.

 

"Yoong, Soojung, come eat with me." Jessica called out and minutes later, the twins came running in.

 

They all sat down on the table and began to eat.

 

"So, what did you guys do while I was gone?" she asked them.

 

"Yoong play with Soojung and maid!" said Yoong.

 

Soojung didn't say anything and played with her ramen.

 

"Soojung, stop playing with your food and eat." said Jessica.

 

"But I'm not hungwey, mommy." said Soojung.

 

Jessica knew she couldn't force Soojung to eat if she didn't want to.

 

"You don't have to eat then. Just go play." said Jessica and Soojung happily ran to the living room.

 

Yoong looked over at his mother.

 

"Mommy, can I eat Soojung's ramen?" he asked since he was finished eating his.

 

"Sure baby." said Jessica as she drank her cold glass of water.

 

 She took a glance to the living room and looked at Soojung. Soojung was playing with her barbie dolls. Jessica then looks over at Yoong who was drinking orange juice.

 

"Yoong?" 

 

"Yes mommy?"

 

"Can you do mommy a favor?" 

 

Yoong nods.

 

Jessica smiles and whispers into his ears.

 

"Can you do that for me?" she asked and he nods before walking over to Soojung and telling her exactly what Jessica told him. 

 

Jessica looked at the telephone and hesitated on whether she should call parents.

 

In the end, she didn't call them.

 

"Guys, did you do what mommy told you to do?" she asked the two toddlers.

 

They grinned and nodded.

 

"Yes mommy! We got daddy's wallet!" they said and gave Jessica Taecyeon's wallet.

 

Jessica opened the wallet that Taecyeon clumsily left behind and saw her driver license, ID and credit cards including her debit card. Taecyeon, being a possessive b*stard, took them away from her when he thought that she was going to leave him and run off with another man but he was wrong because she did not have interest in anyone at this moment.

 

Jessica took her things our of his wallet and puts them into her purse and decided to take some of his cash as well.

 

"Soojung, put daddy's wallet back into the room. Yoong, go get yours coat and Soojung's coat. Then both of you meet mommy at the front door and put on your shoes, okay?" Jessica instructed.

 

"Yes mommy." the two toddlers said before running off in different directions.

 

Jessica bent down and puts on her heels before getting back up and fixing her pretty flower dress. 

 

She grabs her sweater and purse and waited for her kids who came running towards her after getting dressed.

 

She opens the door and lets them out before closing the door. Then she lead them to the car.

 

Her husband took and hid the car keys but she was smart enough to make a spare key which she had in her purse. She unlocked the car and entered the car. The twins got into their carseat in the back seats. They buckled up and she started the car. Then she drove out of the drive way hoping that no one caught her leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany was humming to a song that she was listening to as she walked to the practice room. She was a few steps away from the room when she heard someone call her from behind.

 

"Tiffany. I need to speak to you." 

 

Tiffany sighs before she turned around and faked a smile.

 

"Hello, Mr. Ok."

 

Taecyeon chuckled before he ruffled her hair.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me uncle or oppa?" he asked.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

"What did you want to talk to me about?" she asked.

 

"What's with the attitude, my dear niece? I just wanted to talk to you about your debut." he grins.

 

"M..My debut? For real?" she asked.

 

"Of course! You, Taeyeon, Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Sunny." he says.

 

She was speechless.

 

Taecyeon throws his arms around his small niece and hugged her tight and she didn't like it.

 

"Y..Yah!" She pushed him. "We're in public! People will see us and misunderstand!" she says.

 

"So? What's so wrong about me hugging my favorite niece?" he asked.

 

"I'm your only niece." she stated.

 

Taecyeon laughed and began to mess up Tiffany's hair by ruffling it and it annoyed Tiffany.

 

"Tiffany, are you sure? We both know that you're the only heir to the Hwang Enterprise." 

 

"Maybe.. If this don't work out, I'll do what daddy wants and take over the business." she says and Taecyeon felt proud of his niece but at the same time, he was jealous. The Hwang enterprise are a huge and successful money maker. It was more bigger than his Ok Entertainment and he felt that it should be his.

 

"Just do what you think is right." he says with a smile that Tiffany thought was odd.

 

"Anyways, how's your wife?" asked Tiffany.

 

"She's fine but let's not talk about her. We're here to talk about the life of being a superstar, not my wife." he says.

 

"But I never met your wife. No one met your wife before." 

 

"Hahaha.. that's a secret.. I don't really like people knowing about my life." 

 

'Yeah, because you have so much to hide.. you have a wife but you also have a mistress!' Tiffany thought.

 

"Anyways, I'll see you around. I have to go." Taecyeon says as his eyes wondered around.

 

Tiffany saw him staring at Taeyeon who was walking towards them.

 

"Hi Tiffany! Hello Mr. Ok." Taeyeon smiles.

 

Tiffany saw them staring at each other as if they were the only ones around. She felt invisible and wanted to puke when she realized what they were doing.

 

'Eye S*x! Yuck!' 

 

"Tiffany, Taeyeon and I have a lot of talking to do so we have to go now. I'll come back to check you later." he says, before he and Taeyeon walked off.

 

Tiffany felt disgusted.

 

She can't believe that Taecyeon was her uncle and she was happy that they didn't look alike and that no one knew that they were related.

 

Tiffany walked into the practice room and began practicing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica parked her car near the beach before she and the twins got out of the car.

 

"We're at the beach?" asked Yoong.

 

Jessica smiles.

 

"We're going to stay at mommy's beach house tonight." she says.

 

"Can we play in the beach?" asked Soojung.

 

"Later. We have to change first and I have to tell you some rules about playing in the beach, okay?" she says.

 

"Okay mommy." the twins says before they head to Jessica's beach house.

 

Once inside, Jessica takes the twins to the room and they sit on her bed.

 

They looked at the scenery and it looked beautiful.

 

"Okay, the first rule is that you guys have to listen to mommy." 

 

"Okay."

 

"Second rule; Don't go near the water or play in the water if mommy is not with you." 

 

"Yes mommy."

 

"Third rule, if the ball rolls into the water, don't run towards it. Tell mommy and mommy will get it." 

 

"Yes mommy."

 

"And lastly, play safe and shout if anything happens. Mommy can't lose you guys." said Jessica, serious.

 

Yoong and Soojung nods.

 

"Okay, now let's change and go outside to the beach and play." said Jessica.

 

 "Yay!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An hour later, Tiffany and Sunny decided to go to the beach to chill.

 

"What are you doing, Sunny?" Tiffany asked as she watched the shorter girl playing in the sand.

 

"Building sand castles, duh dummy!" said Sunny, sarcastically.

 

"I can see that but why?" 

 

"Because I want to! Why? You got a problem, Hwang?" 

 

"No."

 

"Good because if you did then that's going to be a problem and I'll have to beat you up." Sunny says with a smirk.

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes.

 

"Like you can even touch me, shor-- Ouch!! You hit me!" Tiffany whinned and rubbed her arm.

 

"Don't call me short!" 

 

"But you are-- ouch!"

 

"Shut up! 

 

"Fine!"

 

As Sunny was building her perfect sand castle, Tiffany smirks before she stomped on the castle and messed it up. 

 

"You..." 

 

Tiffany gulps as she saw Sunny glare at her.

 

"Imma kick your !" Sunny yells before she chased Tiffany around the beach.

 

If people saw them, they'll think that Tiffany and Sunny looked like some elementary school kids playing in the sand.

 

Tiffany was running before she felt a body slam into hers and fell.

 

Sunny had just tackled her down!

 

"Yah! Get off!"

 

"No!"

 

They began to wrestle on the sand despite that they were getting their clothes all dirty.

 

Suddenly, a ball rolled up towards them and they both stopped struggling and looked at the ball.

 

A small kid runs up to them and takes the ball but doesn't leave. Instead, she stares at them with wide innocent eyes and interest.

 

"Um.. Hi." said Sunny, awkward.

 

Tiffany smiles awkwardly, too.

 

"Do you need something?" she asked.

 

The kid shakes her head.

 

"That looks fun! Can Soojung play, too?" asked Soojung.

 

"Uh... " 

 

"Soojung! Come here!" Jessica called from not too far away.

 

"Okay mommy!" Soojung yells but doesn't leave.

 

"My name is Jung Soojung. What's your name?" 

 

Sunny and Tiffany stands up.

 

"Uh.. I'm Hwang Tiffany and this is my best friend, Lee Sunny." she says.

 

"Unnies, can I play with you guys next time?" asked Soojung.

 

"Sure.." said Tiffany, awkwardly.

 

"Okay! Bye bye!" said Soojung before she ran back to her mother and brother.

 

"That was awkward." said Tiffany.

 

"But she was so cute~" Sunny squealed.

 

Tiffany didn't say anything but she agreed. Soojung was cute.

 

Tiffany looked over at the family and saw Soojung playing with a boy her size and realized that they looked alike then she saw their mother and remembered that she had met her before.

 

"Jessica unnie?" she muttered.

 

Jessica felt that she was being watched so she looked back and saw Tiffany.

 

"Tiffany?" 

 

Jessica smiled to the younger girl and waved.

 

Tiffany waved back and smiled.

 

Sunny who was standing beside Tiffany looked back and forth at Tiffany and Jessica and raised an eyebrow.

 

'Tiffany knows that woman?' 

 

Jessica bent down and whispered something to the twins and they ran back to the house. Jessica walked over to Tiffany.

 

"Hey Tiffany." said Jessica.

 

"Hello Jessica unnie." said Tiffany smiling.

 

"Oh, this is my best friend, Lee Sunny." said Tiffany.

 

"Hello, Jessica unnie, I'm Sunny." said Sunny as she bowed.

 

Jessica bowed back.

 

"Uh.. I'll wait for you in the car." said Sunny, awkwardly as she walked to the car, leaving Tiffany and Jessica alone.

 

"Is Soojung-shi your daughter?" Tiffany asked.

 

Jessica nods.

 

"She's cute." said Tiffany.

 

"She is.. thank you.."

 

"This is so awkward. Haha." Tiffany laughs.

 

Jessica smiles.

 

"Tiffany, I can't believe it. This must be fate." said Jessica. "How are you?" she asked.

 

"I'm good. You?" 

 

"I'm good, too."

 

"That's good."

 

"I saw the little boy. Is he your son, too?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Yes.. His name is Yoong and he and Soojung are twins but he's older by a couple of minutes." said Jessica.

 

Tiffany smiles.

 

"Well, both of them are cute. I can see why." she complimented.

 

Jessica felt herself blushing from the compliment. 

 

"Anyways, I should go. Sunny's waiting."

 

"Okay.. It was nice talking to you again." said Jessica, shyly.

 

"You too, unnie." said Tiffany as she hesitatedly pulled Jessica in and hugged her.

 

Both of them felt their hearts beating quickly.

 

"What's that for?" asked Jessica as they seperated.

 

"That's how I greet my friends." Tiffany answered.

 

"I'm your friend now?" Jessica couldn't help but smile because she was so happy.

 

"Well, I assume we are now.. aren't we?"

 

"We are now." said Jessica.

 

"Cool.. then I'll see you around?"

 

"Yeah... bye Tiffany."

 

"Bye unnie." Tiffany waves and made her way to the car while Jessica runs to the house to check on the twins.

 

Both of them are thinking the same thing.

 

'I can't wait to see her again..'