Chapter 4

Confrontation

He couldn't believe his eyes as he had looked around the perimeter as always to see if anyone was around at this time and saw an unusual figure on his daily walk, and not to mention, she was sleeping as well. Woobin scanned the area for anyone else who might see him, but luckily it was still quite early. He couldn't help but smile at Suzy's sleeping body, with her hand still tightly clutching her keys and her phone.

Shaking his head, this was typical Suzy to him; determined, curious, and unable to leave things alone for too long. He gently tucked back a hair that covered her eyes. Hopefully she wouldn't wake up by the slightest touch, but Woobin knew her enough to know that once she slept, it was hard to wake her up unless it was important. 

Creeping close to her, Woobin sat close to Suzy, seeing her chest rise and fall as she continued to peacefully sleep. Her lips...if he reached his hand a little more, he could trace her lips with his fingers...It had been a long time since he had seen her up close and in person, as they had drifted apart so ago but she had never completely left his thoughts even after so many years. His thoughts of Suzy were abruptly interrupted when he checked his watch, a gift from his father, and knew it was time for him to leave soon.

Woobin didn't even know why he still wore the watch his father had given him, to reward him for his schoolwork or something along the lines of that, but most of all, to reward him for not getting into trouble. His mother was in a hospital being treated for cancer and even though he made frequent visits to see her, he couldn't believe that his father cared more about him keeping up his schoolwork and wanting him to meet his arranged fiance who was rumored to be quite a beauty. 

But none of that really mattered; being in this university had been pretty much a safe haven as his father couldn't get to him here. It was peaceful unlike living at his father's house and having to deal with teachers hired by his father that gave him lessons to only fufill their employer's request of Woobin to eventually inherit his large company. Ironically, long ago his father had approved of his friendship with Suzy despite their different lifestyles. Woobin had been forcefully pampered into his family's wealth while she had came from a regular household just like everyone else. 

Except, she wasn't like any ordinary girl to him. She was still that crybaby he had liked all those years ago and he had instinctively did the right thing to protect her, striking up the friendship that had existed between them and caused her to become his first love.

Woobin snapped out his thoughts as he noticed Suzy shivering in her sleep. Without regretting his decision, he took off the light grey cardigan he had been wearing and draped it around her. After doing the task he had intended on accomplishing and putting his gift to her on her mat again, he took off in the direction of his next class before she would wake and find out who he was.