Chapter 3

Confrontation

As for Suzy, she was getting more curious by the day of who was sending these gifts to her. She never caught them in the act and the only trace of their doings was the gift placed everyday by her door. She devised a plan to ensnare the anonymous person into her trap and find out who their identity was. The next day, she set an alarm to go off an hour earlier than she usually would wake up. Since she wasn't used to it, her eyes felt groggy and her mind felt unclear.

But still, Suzy got ready as usual, but without the usual rush. Class was starting much later, but getting up from her bed was a much more tedious task than usual. She could barely open her eyes, reacting to how harsh the sunlight coming through her dorm room. Even though she had been used to this, these were one of the few days where she had gotten up earlier than usual. With a quick brush on her teeth and wash on her face, Suzy remembered the reason that caused her to wake up early, and out of her own free will. 

Most people knew Suzy liked to sleep and when she could, she could sleep anywhere. But to her, this actually mattered more to her than sleep. After all, she started feeling guilty of having to accept these gifts she was getting and didn't really deserve to have someone so sweet to send things of her preference as she never figured out who had sent them. With the will of her determination, she opened her door and saw her mat with no present in sight. That meant her secret admirer probably hadn't come by yet and Suzy still had the opportunity to find out who this mysterious person was.

Making sure to take her keys with her so she wouldn't lock herself out of her dorm room yet again, Suzy decided to find a secret hiding place so she would be undetected when the mysterious person stopped by. It wasn't as if she hadn't daydreamed about who this sweetheart of a person was; she imagined them to be tall, cute, mysterious, and all the other details she regarded unimportant. What would happen when she had finally met this guy who seemed to like her a lot, especially after they met? 

Deciding to go to the opposite side where she could have a good look at her dorm room, Suzy was sure she would be able to see anyone who went up to her door. She leaned against the wall and made sure to stay low so she wouldn't be spotted. Staying outside her room when it was a bit chilly wasn't a very smart idea on her part, she thought as she shivered subconsciously. Not only that, it was so early in the morning that eventually Suzy found herself falling asleep and only woke up when her mind had jolted her awake.

But fighting her need for a hour more of sleep was futile; she drifted back into her dreams and once it was time for her classes, Suzy woke up right on time. Hearing the loud bell ringing throughout the corridors, she knew it was probably time for class. As she looked across her door hurriedly, her heart fell as she could see a small square package on her mat.

Suzy stood up and realized while she was sleeping, someone had laid a grey cardigan on her to keep her warm. It must have been her mysterious person again and she smiled at their thoughtfulness. Taking the cardigan with her, she leaned down to take the present into her room and decided to wear the cardigan to class. Maybe the person would see her gratefulness in the hallways or in her classes, wherever they were.