Chapter 1

Confrontation

Suzy yawned as the alarm clock on the dresser next to her indicated for her to wake up. Stretching her arms and looking out at the window, it was already afternoon. She liked sleeping in while everyone else scrambled to get to their classes in the morning and made sure that they arrived on time. Opening the windows slightly, the sunlight blinded her eyes but she liked it that way. To her, greeting the sun that was already up before her always made her feel better.

Even though she took her time doing her morning rituals, it didn't mean she wasn't running out of time. Suzy changed into clothes that she deemed suitable and didn't smell of sweat. Before she left for class, she took her books and everything else she needed, then sprinted out the door. However, what stopped her in her tracks was the small gift box placed neatly on the welcome mat Suzy had laid outside the door. 

Suzy shook her head in disbelief. This had been going on for weeks now, and she still had no idea who had sent her the small gifts. The anonymous person seemed to know what her preferences were and was extremely good in making sure they weren't caught in the act of placing a gift on her door. She didn't know whether to feel flattered someone out there wanted to make her smile or creeped out that someone was coming to her dorm every day to drop the presents. 

Hurriedly, she put the gift on her desk and rushed off to class. When her classes were done, Suzy wanted desperately to open the mysterious present that had arrived yet again. It felt like a part of her daily routine and that was how much she was starting to take the daily gift for granted. She couldn't help herself; she liked the items she had recieved. It was like this person knew her better than she knew herself. 

But despite her own judgement, she just had to know who had been sending her these small yet thoughtful gifts. Suzy had always been too curious for her own good, but it made her the way it was. Sometimes, she would look around her surroundings for her mysterious giver; maybe they would be watching her right now. Right after the bell rang, signaling the end of Suzy's class, she rushed back to her dorm and opened the door, eager to open the newest gift outside her door.

Opening it carefully, she gasped as it was a pretty locket that had a silver clasp. When she tried it on, it fit her perfectly and ended up wearing it for the entire day. During classes, her friends complimented on her new locket and told her it matched with her outfit. As Suzy beamed at the approval from her peers, one thing she didn't realize was that she was being watched by a older boy who was used to seeing the cheerful girl wherever he went for his classes. 

Anyone could tell he was looking at her and only her; obviously smitten with the girl with the pretty locket around her neck. But he was also known for his reputation for being quiet and distant to the people around him, so most people left him alone. Even the other boys didn't dare to stir up his temper for fear of being defeated by the taller boy.