Chapter 2

Confrontation

Suzy felt a burning presence that was looking at her but didn't know in which direction it was coming from. She looked around, making eye contact with the people around her, but she couldn't find another pair of eyes that was meeting hers. As people asked her why she was looking around, she was honest, saying that she thought someone was watching her in the room and looking a bit sheepish as she uttered the words out loud. It was one of the boy's favorite things about the girl. Kim Woobin usually never noticed girls like her; thinking they were all obnoxious and he usually didn't care for any of them.

Woobin could be called what people would say, in his teenage rebellion years. He was one of the students who defied school rules and regulations and didn't care what people whispered about him behind his back that so many rumors about him usually circulated throughout the student body but usually died after a week or two. It wasn't that he wasn't interesting; in general he was mysterious and no one knew anything about him. He was never seen opening up to other people and always preferred working alone in comparison to everyone else. 

It wasn't long that he found an unwanted interest in Suzy; her sunny attitude was infectious that he found himself smiling slightly to the sound of her voice that seemed to echo off the walls while the other people around him would be surprised at the change in facial emotion. He knew he wasn't obsessed with her, but he wanted to find out more about her; like how warm her hands would be, or the extent of her smile to someone like him and spend at least an entire day with her. Woobin started sending small gifts to her dorm as he had found her dorm by accident at the start of the year when he had first transfered into the university. 

The girl hadn't seemed to recognize him, but Woobin remembered her as the girl who had still been the light of his life even at an early age in his life. They had been neighbors and it could have been fate that their parents were best friends and gradually they became each other's best friends. Even though she forgot everything, he hadn't lost a single memory of them together in his childhood; she had mattered too much to him to completely forget her as he had grown up. But the feelings he had for her were rather distant and foreign since he hadn't seen her in a long time. 

Woobin could remember Suzy opening up to him when he had first seen her cry because of some mishap with her classmates and he had given her his shoulder to be comforted on. It was a huge comparison of their attitude towards each other before the incident occurred; she had avoided him in the politest way possible as he was taller and bigger than her, which may have scared her. When he finally met her again, it felt like destiny had brought them together again. He had already known the things Suzy liked; it seemed that her tastes hadn't changed over time. 

Every time he had made a delivery to her door, Woobin always made sure she and anyone else never caught him in the act as even though he didn't care about what other people thought of him, the thought of sending gifts every day to her door just seemed stalkish to anyone. Sometimes if he stayed long enough, he would see her smile brightening up every time she saw the little gift he had put on her mat and it would warm his heart every time, making him long for the day they would meet and talk again like old times.