Chapter 5

Confrontation

Suzy groaned as she missed her only chance to meet her anonymous person again, and losing sleep for it didn't seem to appeal to her anymore. She fell asleep in all of her classes, which was horrible. She could still feel the grogginess of her head like she had consumed a whole bottle of soju by herself. There had to be another way to meet this person, hopefully without sacrificing her sleep for it. 

In class, she perked up and straightened herself up in her seat as the teacher proceeded to announce something important. "Okay, we're going to have our annual project and we'll have you all pair up together to create something of a physical form. It can be a collaboration between artists, a fashion show between models, etc. Get creative, and we have already chosen the pairs that will be together. Hopefully you can meet new people and learn more about their crafts as well as how they excell in their majors!"

After listening, Suzy tuned the teacher out as he started to announce the pairs up until she heard her name being called. "

What?" she asked. The teacher being slightly more exasperated as he was surrounded by teenagers who were talking loudly above him, answered, "Suzy, you are partnered with Kim Woobin. Listen to what I say more clearly next time, okay?" Then he continued calling out the pairs' names. 

She was lost in her own thoughts.

Kim Woobin...Kim Woobin...Kim...Woo...bin..? 

That name seemed to ring a bell somewhere, but she couldn't remember where it came from. Suddenly, she felt a pair of eyes staring at her and looked around to see who was the culprit for her uneasy feelings. Soon, her eyes met with a piercing pair of eyes who seemed to glare into hers. Retracting back, Suzy turned her head around. She was partnered with someone like that? The thought of it made her feel a bit sick. Would he expect her to do the whole project? That wouldn't do; he would be immediately found out as they were both supposed to create something visual using their majors...

After the teacher was done announcing all the names, he tried yelling over the conversations saying, "NOW, EVERYONE. PLEASE GO SIT NEXT TO YOUR PARTNERS TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PROJECTS! REMEMBER, YOUR PROJECTS ARE DUE IN TWO WEEKS!" 

Suzy shuffled over to where Woobin was sitting. He seemed to have no intention in moving in his seat as he looked quite comfortable in the laidback position with his head on the wall and listening to music from his earphones while everyone else was loudly having their conversations. Some people, she had noticed, backed away to give her room as they glanced over at Suzy approaching the cave of the tiger.

She hoped their glances were looks of encouragement because she was on the verge of running away from the classroom and telling the teacher she wanted a different partner instead of the one she had. Brushing her hair away haphazardly, she introduced herself and bowed, "I'm Bae Suzy, nice to meet you!" Trying to break the ice between them, she asked a bit loudly so he would be able to hear over his headphones, "You're Kim Woo-bin right?" 

Biting her lip, she hoped for a response from the boy in front of her as she stood, waiting patiently. Maybe her message would get through to him, despite how loud the volume was from his earphones that she could clearly listen to what he was hearing. She couldn't comprehend the lyrics though, even though it sounded like English words? She wasn't sure as Suzy was too nervous about getting along with this mysterious kid.