Chapter 6

Confrontation

Woobin hated going to class, but stayed in the far corner of the classroom to avoid everyone else. He preferred it that way, and he knew that none of his peers would dare approach him unless they absolutely have to. His teachers also left him alone unless he willingly participated, which was rarely, and as long as he kept up with his homeworks and did all his projects, they didn't care about him. He knew the material already and even if no one could tell, he slightly listened in class even with earphones on. 

When the teacher announced a new project they would be doing, he rolled his eyes and put on his earphones again. Woobin made sure to blast the volume as loud as he could, but not too loud that he killed his eardrums and couldn't hear the instructions. From what he heard, the gist of the project was to work with someone instead of individually like last term. 

He was rather taken aback as he heard the teacher utter his name as well Suzy's. Woobin had never worked on a project with her before, and this would probably be their first meeting officially in this school. Maybe she would remember him as they got to know each other, or they would go back to how they were in the past..yeah right, as if things could ever be the same. Before, he had been the older brother who protected the little girl and helped her when she was sad or hurt. Now, they were only strangers and classmates who only knew each other's names and nothing more. 

At the corner of his eye while he listened to music and everyone else was chatting away, Woobin could see the girl looking quite nervous to approach him. He couldn't blame her as his reputation exceeded him but he had never really cared about the negative comments in the hallways or the shifted eyes as he walked by until now. The only time that he cared about his reputation was now as Suzy was walking over to him. 

While she tried to introduce herself and initiate a real conversation, it was only when she finished talking and she stared at him hopefully in the most adoring eyes that Woobin took out his earphones and looked up at Suzy. "Yeah, I'm Kim Woobin," he answered casually, "I'll just do my part, and you do yours, all right?" He took his things and walked out the classroom, catching the eye of the teacher before leaving out the door. He didn't want to stay in the classroom where it was hotter with his peers walking and running around, yelling their heads off. 

As he walked down the hallway, Woobin was surprised to see Suzy standing in front of him with a stern expression. "You know, Teacher said we're supposed to work together, you know. It's not just 'I do this part' and 'you do that part'. It's a group project, so I'll see you after school today in the library!" Then she walked back to the classroom. As soon as Woobin was sure Suzy had gone back into the classroom, he laughed, covering his mouth. 

It had always been classic Suzy, making sure he did work and followed the teacher's orders. Because of her, he usually had followed what the teacher wanted him to do, which surprised the teacher as Woobin usually did much better than Suzy only when she had forced him to do it. Woobin didn't expect less from the girl as she had never changed, which was also one of the things he liked about her. 

Even during their childhood, she had always been a stable person, not unpredictable like the household he went home to. If he hadn't been a minor, he would've already left and go live somewhere else. Only Suzy had caused him to stay and pursue his education; or else he would have been doing anything else besides going to school and dealing with his obnoxious parents. That was how deep his love for her had always been, but she had never known. 

Smirking at the thoughts in his head, Woobin slung his bag over his shoulder and proceeded walking down the hallway. He knew no one would be able to stop him; the university depended on his parents for money, his peers were too scared of him, and his parents didn't care. He wouldn't stop his steps for anyone by this point, except for the girl who had just talked to him earlier...