Happy Ending

Your Happy Ending

“So starting from that moment, you decided on letting Jiyong go?” Taeng Unnie clarified.

“Nope.” I chuckled. “Actually I did the opposite.”

Everyone went mute after my confession. It must have been really shocking for them to hear that after knowing about the pain that my sister is going through and hearing what happened between the two of them, I still chose to hold on. I was never the selfish kind after all.

“You mean you decided to be happy with Jiyong just like what Sica wanted from you?” In sheer disbelief, Yuri Unnie asked.

With a nod I answered, “Yep. That’s right.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I heard that Sica Unnie just wants Jiyong Oppa and I to be happy, I did not hesitate anymore and decided to stay blissfully in love. After all, she already gave me permission to do so and I don’t want to be a hypocrite and reject my chance for a life-long of happiness. Selfish? Yes. Maybe for the first time in my life, I, Im Yoona, chose to be selfish.

I acted like nothing happened, like I know nothing and Sica Unnie did the same thing. Not once did we ever bring the subject up and I’m thankful for that. Life continued normally for the 3 of us and miraculously, Sica Unnie and Jiyong Oppa finally stopped the awkwardness between them. They were now able to stay within the same place and have casual conversations.

Everything changed for the better. I was more than elated to finally be with the 2 most important persons in my life. Contented; that’s the perfect word to describe what I’m feeling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 All of a sudden Sooyoung Unnie jolted up from her seat surprising each one of us. “Then you’re still with Jiyong?!”

I laughed so hard after hearing her conclusion which made her more infuriated.

“Yah! Then what’s with all this drama?!” She marched towards me looking like a fierce tigress about to pounce on her prey deer.

The other girls were about to stand up to restrain the raging Sooyoung, but before she can get close enough to strangle me, I raised my hand out to stop her. I stood up and smiled bitterly.

“I wish it was that easy Unnie. I wish I was that selfish to keep my happiness while knowing that my sister is miserable. How I wish it ended like that.” Then I sighed before continuing. “But it isn’t. I’m not. It didn’t.”

Right then, the furious Sooyoung softened. Actually, everyone started to look very forlorn and just like that, the atmosphere turned gloomy and sad once again. The life was out of each one of us. Maybe that’s because I can’t hide the growing misery that I’m feeling anymore and it’s getting to them.

“Actually, that contentment that I was feeling back then didn’t even last a week.” I laughed with tears streaming down my face. “I mean who was I kidding? They’re so in love with each other and even if they try to hide it, it still shows. From the way they sound, the way they look, the way they stare at each other, the way they laugh and even the way they breathe.”

With my hands covering my pained face, I’m now crying so hard that my feet feels incapable of keeping me balanced that I was forced to sit back down.

“Yoong.” Full of worry, Taeng Unnie called out tenderly.

She started walking towards me probably to give me a comforting hug but I stopped her and she understood returning to where she originally was. Thankfully, I have someone like Taeng Unnie. She’s someone that understands me better than anyone else, better than my sister, than Jiyong and even better that I understand myself.

And then the ever curious maknae started asking again. “What happened after that Unnie? How…How were you able to let him go?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The week of contentment was also the week of realization. We might be meeting up and hanging out with Sica Unnie as the chaperone but I felt more like the part. It was like I’m back as a young little girl that was brought by my sister on her date because our parents are not around and no one will watch over me.

Their short and simple glances, light slaps on the arm and bright smiles creates an intense spark in the air that cannot be missed, even by me. It’s like I’m back at the coffee shop; a lone spectator with a single cup of coffee as my companion. Alone while watching other people’s lives transpire before me.

That week’s Friday night came and I was cuddling on the couch with Jiyong when I asked him something that weakened my resolve.

“Oppa.” I called his name while forming invisible circles on the back of his hand with my thumb.

“hmmm.” He hummed against my shoulder.

“Do you believe in happy endings?”

“Of course. Who doesn’t want to believe in happy endings?” he chuckled.

I laughed along with him, “You’re right. Who doesn’t?”

We stayed like that for quite a while without anyone talking until I broke the silence with another one of my questions.

“Oppa. Is it still considered a happy ending even if you sacrificed your own happiness for the happiness of the people that you love?”

“I don’t get it. Maybe you can give me an example.”

I shifted from my seat and faced him to give him a proper scenario, a scenario that I’m sure he’ll be able to understand more than anyone else.

“For example, there is a couple and they love each other, then someone from the boy’s past came back and wanted to fix her mistake of leaving the boy before, but she didn’t know the boy was in a relationship with someone that she’s very close with. The current girlfriend found out and confronted the past. Then though the girl from the past is in pain, she told her close friend to be happy with the guy that she loves. But the current girlfriend saw the love in their eyes and decided to give him up.” I looked at him in the eyes and asked. “Is it still considered a happy ending for the current girlfriend when she gave up her own happiness for her loved ones to be happy?”

Surprisingly, there was no hint of recognition from the example that I gave him coming from his eyes. It only means that he wasn’t able to put two and two together and was simply seriously thinking about my question. This made me chuckle a bit from the irony. Who would’ve known that Kwon Jiyong was a little bit slow when it comes to this kind of things?

“Why are you laughing?” confusedly, he asked.

“Nothing. Don’t mind me.” I answered with a shake from my head and hands. “So? Is it a happy ending?”

He looked at me with curiosity. “Yoong, why are you so eager to know?”

“I’m just wondering if someone like her can still get her well-deserved happy ending. That’s all.” I smiled. “So is it?”

He chuckled at my persistence and ruffled my hair in the process.

“You’re too adorable! Someday it’d be the death of me.” He said while turning me around to my original place; against his chest. I scooted closer to him as he gave me a tight hug. “It is still a happy ending for the current girlfriend. You know why?”

“Why?”

“It’s because even though she had to let go of her current love, she was able to give her future love a chance.” He hugged me warmly. “My professor once said, ‘Sometimes, letting go is your happy ending.’”

After hearing what he said, I stayed quiet, buried in his warmth. Is that really it? Is it really a happy ending?

“Also, don’t you think it’s a happy ending to make the people she loves happy?” he added.

“Did I answer your question?” he asked while nuzzling my neck.

“Yes. Yes you did. And wonderfully I must say.” I gave him a peck as a form of thanks.

 

I spent a month being disoriented while losing sleep at the same time. I’m lost and I don’t know what to do. What is right to do? Should I keep living like I don’t know that Jiyong has someone else in his heart? Should I keep putting a blind eye at my sister’s suffering? Or should I put a stop to their misery by starting mine? Question after question, it’s like there’s no end to it.

After a month of pondering, of playing a mental tug-of-war with myself, I came to a conclusion. He was right; maybe letting go is our happy ending. Maybe I should stop holding on to something that will never be truly mine. Maybe I’ll even get lucky and find someone that will be able to give all of him to me, someone that’ll love me and me alone.

But the question is; can I withstand the pain of giving him up?

I should. I have to.

 

That’s when I called Sica Unnie and Jiyong Oppa to meet me at the restaurant. It was the setting for the greatest act of my life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“That was the same day as our flight. I let him go and let them finally be together again.” I smiled. “That was the day of our happy ending.”

When I finished the whole story, everyone was quiet. Nothing but their sobs and short breaths can be heard. No one moved. That’s when I noticed that the sun was already rising. I stood up and went out to the balcony to watch the sun in its full glory. After a draining night of replaying everything that happened between Sica Unnie, Jiyong Oppa and I, it’s wonderful to look at the sunrise. It feels like it’s telling me that the dark days are gone and that I should look forward to a beautiful and bright tomorrow.

 I was enjoying the warmth of the morning sun when I felt a different kind of warmth envelope my body.

“We’re very sorry Yoong.”

“We didn’t know that you were going through so much.”

“We weren’t even able to do anything to help you or comfort you.”

The girls continued saying sorry while hugging me tightly. I didn’t say anything. I just let them say everything that they wanted. Right now, I’m just thankful to have friends that love me this much. It feels right to be in their embrace. It feels like I’m where I should be.

One by one; maknae, Sooyoung Unnie, Yuri Unnie and then Taeng Unnie, stepped away from the embrace and this time it was my turn to speak.

“Don’t say sorry to me. You did nothing wrong. It was my fault for not telling anyone. Actually, I’m more than 100% sure that if you knew, you would have been at my aide and probably won’t even let me be alone for a second just to make sure that I’m fine. Am I right?” I laughed as they all nodded their heads vigorously.

“So what’s your plan now Unnie?”

I ruffled Seohyun’s fringe and said, “I don’t have a plan. I would just live my life to the fullest and be happy along the way. Continue living like the Im Yoona that everyone knows and loves.”

My bright smile was somehow infectious that their faces that were full of worry are now replaced with huge smiles as well. I’m happy that they stopped crying and pouting and started smiling. After all, that’s all I want for now; a life filled with smiles and laughter.

“Tomorrow’s our return to Seoul. Are you sure you can handle seeing them together again? If you want to hide from them some more you can stay at my place.” Yuri Unnie offered.

“Thanks for the offer Unnie, but 2 months of hiding are already enough for me to last a lifetime. I also miss them already, especially my dearest sister. As a matter of fact, I’m worried about my house. Who knows what happened there with only Sica Unnie at home? I hope she didn’t end up burning the house down with her cooking.”

The girls and I shared a long-deserved hearty laugh at the expense of Sica Unnie’s infamous cooking skills and clumsiness.

 

 

Our plane just landed on Incheon Airport and after getting our luggage, we were surprised with a welcoming committee, or should I say welcoming couple. At the arrival area, a placard with my name and the words ‘we miss you’ written on it at hand, Jessica Unnie and Jiyong Oppa waved at us.

 Seeing them brought out different kinds of feelings in me; I’m nervous and scared but happy and relieved at the same time. Inhaling deeply, I smiled and waved at them excitedly.

“Are you sure you’re alright with meeting them right now Yoong?” Taeng Unnie asked for assurance with her hand on my shoulder.

I held her hand and smiled. “I’m sure Unnie. Don’t worry about me.”

“Alright then.” She gave my shoulder one final light squeeze. “Let’s go girls.”

We made our way towards the couple with genuine smiles plastered on our faces. As we got closer, I saw Sica Unnie letting go of the placard and dashed towards me and enveloped me in a very tight hug which made it hard to breathe.

“U-unnie. I-I can’t breathe.” I tried my best not to sound muffled and thankfully she heard me and loosened up.

“Oppss. My bad. I’m sorry Yoongie.”

I’m not sure because I can’t see her face but based from her voice I think she’s crying. Quickly, I held her shoulders and pushed her a little to see her face and I was right, she was crying. But why? 

“Unnie! Why are you crying?” I asked worriedly while wiping her tears away with my handkerchief. “Hey. Look at me. Come on. Tell Yoongie why her beloved sister is crying.”

Without answering she just hugged me while still crying. Since she’s not talking, all I can do is hug her back and give her gentle pats on the back to soothe her.

“She probably misses you very much Yoong. Maybe that’s why she’s crying so hard.” Yuri Unnie said.

“Aigoo. Our Sica is such a cry baby.” Sooyoung Unnie teased with a laugh.

Fortunately, Sica Unnie’s sobs subsided and she let go of the hug to retaliate from Sooyoung Unnie’s bullying.

“YAH! You shiksin!” She shouted at Sooyoung while pointing at her with one hand and wiping her tears with the other hand. “Stop messing with me! I’m older than you!”

She looks so adorable while sending Sooyoung Unnie her famous icy glare with that tear-stained face of hers. While I was laughing at my sister’s unexpected adorableness, Sooyoung Unnie is cowering in fear hiding behind Taeng Unnie for protection.

 “Taengoo, save me from HellSica!” Sooyoung Unnie pleaded for help making everyone besides Sica Unnie and her in a bout of laughter.

Instead of helping Sooyoung Unnie, Taeng Unnie shoved her to my sister for execution. “She’s all yours Sica.” 

“Yah! Taengoo! You traitor!” She was yelling at Taeng Unnie while already being in a headlock by my ice princess of a sister.

No one would’ve stopped the amusing scene before us if not for our ever-so-proper maknae’s reminder. “Unnie’s we’re still inside the airport.”

She’s right. We are still in the airport and people are starting to stare at the scene that we have created. So to stop the ruckus, I grabbed my sister’s arm away from Sooyoung’s neck and showed her the smile that she loves so much.

“Unnie!” I said full of aegyo in my voice. “Let’s go already. Yoongie’s very very tired.”

Just when I thought the violence was over, I received 4 knocks on the head. I guess my aegyo is still despised by everyone.

“Count yourself lucky kiddo. Sunny’s not here or else you’re already dead by now.” Taeng Unnie joked making everyone once again laugh.

 Everyone’s laughter came to a halt after hearing a man’s voice.

“Welcome back everyone.” He smiled brightly making my heart beat profusely.

No one greeted him back, instead, they were just staring at him with unreadable expressions on their faces. I can’t take the awkward atmosphere hovering around us, so even though it was still difficult to act fine and dandy in front of him, I did my best.

“Thanks for picking us up… Jiyong.” I smiled, or tried to.

I thought that was it. I thought we’d just have a casual greeting and conversation but I guess I’m wrong.

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when he pulled me in his arms and held me tenderly, lovingly. I’m stunned. I don’t know what to do or how to react. All I know is…I missed this. I missed being in his arms. I missed him.

Oh how I want to just stay like this.

Oh how I wish all of this is true.

Oh how I wish he’s really mine.

But as sad as it is, I have to face the reality. He’s not mine. He was never mine.

With all of my will, as much as it hurts to do it, as much as my heart is opposing, I pushed him away gently. Trying my best to look strong, I gave him a friendly smile.

“Jiyong. Let’s not do that.” I told him softly but firmly.

Everyone was looking at me with concern in their eyes. I don’t want them to feel sorry for me so I added with a stifled laugh. “I’m smelly and sticky from the trip, so it’s a little embarrassing.”

Even though I tried to make things lighter, the atmosphere remained. No one was saying anything and all eyes are still on me. Even Jiyong and Sica Unnie are looking at me. This is becoming very hard to deal with as every second passes by. It’s getting suffocating and so I sighed in frustration.

“Stop looking at me like I’m dying or something, because I’m not.”

I tried to act normal, civil, casual, but they’re making it impossible for me to do so. I’m tired from the flight and their pitiful gazes are not helping.

“If you’re not going to get your acts together, I’m going home on my own.”

With that, I left all of them standing inside the airport and headed to the Park ‘N Fly where I left my car 2 months ago.  

Furiously, I threw my luggage at the back seat of my car and after slamming the car door shut, I smacked the top of my car powerfully that it might even put a dent on it but I don’t care. I’m too mad. I’m mad at everyone for looking at me like I was the most miserable person in the world. I’m mad at Jiyong for hugging me that way, making me feel like he wants me, loves me. I’m mad at Sica Unnie for letting her boyfriend hug me just like that when she knows exactly how I must be feeling at that moment. But I’m madder at myself for over-reacting and walking away from everyone just because I can’t keep my heart calm.

“Get a hold of yourself Im Yoona!” I scolded myself. “He was just being friendly. Remember he used to hug you like that back when you were still best friends so don’t dare mistake it for something else. Control you’re damn heart!”

I gave my car another strong blow before getting in. My hands are now sore and red but I don’t even care. I tried to calm myself by inhaling and exhaling deeply while tightly gripping the steering wheel but I was still very agitated. I can’t go home like this. I’ll just end up snapping at everyone if I do and I’m sure I’m going to regret it big time.

“Alright. Let’s calm down.” I said to myself and started the car, heading to a place that will surely help me calm down.

 

I found myself hugging my knees by the shore, looking at the waves and admiring the beautiful reflection of the stars and the moon. Like always, being at the beach gives me peace and clarity. 

“This is it Yoona. You’re back in reality. Be happy.” I sighed.

“Thought you’d be here.”

It was a familiar voice, a voice that my ears and heart knows too well making my heart race at top speed.

“Can I sit here?” he asked but he didn’t even wait for my answer as he just sat down beside me.

“What are you doing here?”

“I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing here? Does Sica Unnie know?  She might be looking for you.” I tried hard not to sound bitter. I hope I didn’t fail because I don’t want him to be awkward around me just because of that. I want to be able to mingle with the 2 of them like before; no pretentions, no sadness.

“She knows that I’m here. She was actually the one who sent me to look for you.”

I was kind of disappointed to hear that he didn’t voluntarily went to find me, but what can I do. He’s after all my big sister’s boyfriend. Of course he would be delegated with the task of finding the runaway sister.

“I’m sorry for causing you troubles. You can go back now. You can tell Unnie that I’m fine and I’d be staying here for a while. I’ll just give her a call later.” I said while playing with the sand with my toes.

“But I want to stay here. It’s nice here. Just like the day when I confessed to you.”

Yep. This is the exact beach where we became official. The same place where I thought my forever started. But I guess I was delusional for believing in such thing.  

“Let’s not bring it up Jiyong. It’s already in the past and I don’t want to be reminded of it anymore.” I sighed. “Honestly, I’m still in a lot of pain though I’m trying not to. Let’s not push it, so spare me.”

 “Why didn’t you answer any of our calls or messages for the past 2 months?” his voice turned sombre. “I’m betting you didn’t even read any of our messages, right?”

I remained quiet as an answer and he started laughing after understanding. He was laughing so hard that he fell on his back on the sand.

“Why are you…”

Before I can even complain with his sudden outburst, I was pulled down against his chest and was locked in his embrace. I was caught off guard that I couldn’t even react. I just stayed in that position with my eyes as wide as saucers. When I finally got back to my senses, I pushed myself away from him but he continued to pull me down and trap me inside his arms. Struggling was a waste of effort but I kept on doing it. I can’t stay there. I just can’t! I have to get away. Or else…Or else I’d break once again when I have to wake up from this dream of being in the safety of his embrace; I’d break to the point where it’s impossible to get fixed ever again.

“Stay.” He whispered pleadingly. “Stay right here in my arms and don’t ever leave me again.”

I was shocked beyond belief with what he was saying. Is he playing with me? Why is he doing this to me? Why can’t you just let me move on and be happy?! Why are you so cruel Kwon Jiyong?!

I tried to move, but he restrained me with his arms. But it was not his arms that really stopped me from moving; it was the sound of his sobs. His body is trembling hard as he cried. But why?

“Don’t leave me again Yoong. I don’t think I can survive if you leave me again.” His usually firm voice was cracking that if I wasn’t this close to him I wouldn’t even understand what he was saying.

“Ji…yong.” I murmured his name.

“Yoong. The day you left, I…I felt like dying. I almost died with the thought that I won’t get to see and to hold you again. I thought I’d never get to tell you how much I love you. I almost died when you gave me to Sooyeon and left me just like that.” He was cradling me tightly in his arms while crying, somehow very afraid that I’d break away if he loosened it even for just a bit.

“But you love Sica Unnie. I helped you get back together with her, with the one that you truly love. I gave you guys another chance to fix everything. W-what’s happening? Why are you saying all of these things? Why are you still hurting me?!” I’m very confused.

He sat up and held me tightly on both arms that it almost hurts. He looked me straight in the eyes with tears continuously falling from those beautiful eyes that snagged my heart the first time I saw them.

“Listen to me Im Yoona. I Kwon Jiyong love you so much. I love you with all of my heart and with my whole being.”

I shook my head vigorously refusing to hear what he was saying.

“No! You’re lying! You love Sica Unnie! You love her that’s why…that’s why you can never be mine!”

He pulled me in and held me tightly as I began to cry violently.

“I’m not lying Yoong. I’m not. If you just gave me a chance to prove my love for you before you left, if you just heard me out. You would’ve saved us from 2 months of hurting and misery. If only you answered our calls, if only you read our messages, you would’ve known that everything that you thought we still have between Sooyeon and I are through. We’re already finished and I would never have chosen her over you.” He was gently explaining everything to me through his tears but how can I just believe everything that he’s saying when there are things that say otherwise.

“But the house. You can’t even let go of the house. You said you can’t let go of it because you can’t completely turn your back on Unnie.”

Slowly and carefully, he let go of the hug and held my face with his hands.

“I already sold it. I already sold that house a month before you left. Sooyeon and I already had our closure a month before your show in the restaurant.” He smiled through his tears as he wiped my own tears away with his thumbs. “If only you asked and told me what you were feeling, you would’ve known 3 months ago that you’re the only one for me, that I’m willing to do anything and everything just to make you happy and show you how much I love you.”

 My tears kept on flowing and it just poured heavily after hearing everything that Jiyong said. How foolish could I have been? He loves me. He loves me so much that he even sold the house that meant so much to him and I was so stupid to act rashly and leave him. I should have asked for his side. I should have listened to his heart’s real intent. I’m such a fool.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Jiyong. I’m sorry for everything. Please forgive me.”

A hug would’ve sufficed but a kiss, now that’s what I call forgiveness.

In a flash, he delved in to capture my mouth and under the moonlight our lips danced as the proof of our love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Though we were getting in the moment of our passionate exchange, the sound of “I Got A Boy” coming from his phone cut the beautiful moment short.

Jiyong was irritated by the sudden interruption but I urged him to answer the call for it might be something important. He looked at the caller ID and saw Sica Unnie’s name flashing and in his nervousness, he almost lost hold of his phone.

Kwon Jiyong where is my sister!? Did you find her?!” Sica Unnie’s shouts were so loud that even I can hear her clearly. Poor Jiyong. His eardrums might be damaged because of it.

“Ah. Neh. I’m with her now Sooyeon-ah.” He sounded very careful and scared. Why?

Good Job! Put her on the phone. NOW!

Almost throwing his phone to me, Jiyong gave me his phone at Unnie’s command. He’s really acting very weird, but I just shrugged it off to answer my Unnie’s call.

“Unnie…”

What in the world were you thinking Im Yoona!?” I wasn’t even able to greet her when she started yelling and scolding me. I’m in pretty big trouble. Sigh.

“I’m sorry Unnie. It won’t happen again.”

I understand that you must have been feeling like the past months but you shouldn’t have walked out on us like that. Everyone’s very worried you know. You didn’t even give me the chance to explain everything to you.” She sounded very upset, but I know she’s more worried than angry.

“Once again, I’m very sorry Unnie. Don’t worry, Jiyong already explained everything to me. I’m really sorry for acting without hearing you out.”

That’s good to hear then. So you’re back together?

“I guess we are.” Shyly, I answered.

What do you mean you guess?! KWON JIYONG! What the heck are you doing?! Why doesn’t she even know if you’re together or not yet? YOU SLOWPOKE! YOU’RE SERIOUSLY GOING TO GET HURT ONCE YOU GET BACK!

Now I understand why Jiyong was acting that way when Sica Unnie called. He was scared of HellSica. With this knowledge, I’m sort of getting a glimpse of how they were while I was gone. They really have the perfect love-hate relationship. I laughed at the thought of them bickering every time we are together in the future. It will be a very entertaining sight.

“Sooyeon-ah! Don’t embarrass me when Yoong is around! I was doing wonderful when you decided to disturb us with your call!” Jiyong defended himself against my Unnie which I find very cute.

Whatever Jiyong!” her icy tone changed into her aegyo filled one when she started talking to me again. “Yoongie. I’ll just see you back home alright? Take care and you should listen to Unnie more. I told you don’t make the same mistake that I did and yet you still did. You’re lucky he was still around when you came back. I love you so much my deer.

And with that she ended the call. She’s right. Sometimes, I really should listen to her words. She’s my big sister after all.

A minute hasn’t even passed after Sica Unnie hung up when Jiyong dragged me to his car and secured me in my seat with the seat belt. He drove while smiling like a maniac. I didn’t even protest or ask where he was taking me, all I know is I’ll go anywhere as long as he’s with me.

I didn’t even notice that we were already at our destination until he opened the passenger door for me. Right there in front of me is a house, a house that looks like the one in the Korean Drama Full House, the house that I always told him about. But there’s something different with it. It has a different feel with it. Somehow, it gives off that Kwon Jiyong feel, like he put his soul into it. I’m in awe. I’m left speechless until Jiyong asked me something.

“Do you like it?”

I remained quiet.

“You don’t like it? We can sell it and just build another house that you will like. I thought this was the kind of house that you wanted because of the one in Full House. I’m sorry if it…”

I leaped to him in pure delight.

“Like it? I LOVE IT!”

“R-really?” he stuttered.

“Of course! It’s everything that I ever imagined it would be!”

“I’m glad you liked it.” He showed me his mega-watt smile. “It’s for you after all.”

My eyes almost bulged out from its sockets when I heard what he said. Is this for real?

“F-for me? Y-you mean…”

He smiled at me and took out a clam. Slowly, just like what he did at the beach almost 3 years ago, he handed me the clam and asked me to open it and like that time, I did what he asked.

I’m not sure if my eyes are playing with me, but I think I should be seeing a beautiful ring inside the clam but how come I’m seeing a simple key?

“A key?” I asked while holding the key in the air.

“Yup. A key.” He nodded.

“For?” I asked further.

“The house of course. You will have to use the key to get inside don’t you?” he said matter-of-factly.

I mentally slapped my head for assuming. “Of course. I should’ve known. Silly me.” I laughed awkwardly.

To avoid further embarrassment, I went ahead to the door to look at the house from inside but my hand was pulled back stopping me on my tracks. I looked back at Jiyong only to find his smirking face.

“I’m sorry, but I think you forgot this.” He said, showing me a diamond princess cut ring.

“I’m afraid you can’t enter that house without wearing this ring on your ring finger first. It’s protocol ma’am.” 

I can’t help but laugh at his way of proposing.

“So is protocol our code for proposal?” I with a wide grin.

“Only if you’ll accept it.”

He pulled me by the waist removing any space between our bodies. We were so close to each other that I can feel his heart beating and every breath that he takes.

I looked at his eyes that were looking at me full of love and happiness. How can I even say no to this man? Not that I have any plans of doing so.

“So, do you want to live in this marvellous house? All you have to do is say yes and it’s all yours.” He smirked.

“Are you bribing me to marry you?” I teased.

“If that’s what I need to have you for the rest of my life, then yes. I am bribing you.”

“Even without the house, I’ll be yours forever Kwon Jiyong.” In the most loving voice I can, I professed how much I’ll devote my life to the one that I love.

“Don’t care about happy endings Yoong, because I promise you, we’ll be happy and it won’t end.”

He’s right. Who needs a happy ending when I can be happy without ending anything as long as he’s with me?  

____________________________________________________________________________

a/n: WAAAHHHHH It's already the end! *sobs* hahaha It was very fun writing this story especially with all the love that you, my dear readers, give it. I'm so thankful for sticking with Your Happy Ending until the end! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! <3 <3 <3 Actually this was supposed to end differently but i changed my mind the last minute  because i love you guys too much! (>_<) hahaha Anyways, i really hope you liked the ending! :D tons and tons of kisses to everyone! :*  

P.S. I'm planning on writing another story but i don't think it will be as long as this... please do support it too! (^___^) hahaha FIGHTING!