Her return

Your Happy Ending

Our relationship has been the envy of everyone for 2 years. We were blissful for a long time that everyone around us can’t help but coo at our sweetness and at how we treat each other with so much love. From strangers, to friends, to best friends and now lovers. We are the ‘perfect couple’ as everyone said because we have a very strong foundation of our love and I can’t argue with that.

One night inside my house, I was preparing the living room with snacks and DVDs for our movie night when I was disturbed with a knock on the door. I was confused at first because why is someone knocking when I have a doorbell to ring. Also, the only person that I was expecting that night is Jiyong and I’m sure he would call me instead of knocking if he’s already here. My heart is beating loudly due to nervousness and fear. I slowly made my way towards the door with a mop on hand just in case I’d have to defend myself and inflict some pain. The knocks on my door just kept on getting louder as if the person at the other side is getting impatient. I grabbed the door knob and gulped my saliva before turning it. The moment I had a glance of the person who was standing on my doorstep I dropped the mop and threw myself to her.

“UNNIE!” I screamed in pure delight as I jumped on her.

“Yoongie!” she said sweetly while catching me.

Yes. It was no other than my beloved sister! She’s back after 4 years of disappearing from me to be a top-notch fashion designer! Oh how I miss my sister!

“OMG UNNIE! You’re back! Since when?! How did you get here?! Are you staying for good?! Are you going to stay here with me?! How was…”

I take it back. I don’t miss her! Not at all! Who gives her one and only little sister a slap on the head the moment they got reunited after 4 long years?!

“WOW! Is that your way of saying ‘I missed you Yoong?’” I pouted.

Instead of consoling her dongsaeng, Sica Unnie chose to laugh so hard that she’s clutching her stomach from too much laughter.

“Yeah. Go and laugh at your little sister that probably has a head concussion because you hit her on the head while she was too excited to see her dearest Unnie after a long time.” I sulked and was about to go back inside the house but Sica Unnie’s laughter subsided and I felt a tight hug coming from the back.

“Oh Yoongie! Stop sulking cause your Unnie really and I mean really missed you so much but she just had to stop you from your sugar rush.”

Her hold around my waist just got tighter.

“I just missed you so much Unnie. You know you’re the only family I have and we basically spent every waking moment together then you were gone for years and it was really lonely without you.” I turned around to face her and hug her tightly. “Then you suddenly appeared in front of my door and I got all excited. Sorry for getting too hyper.”

“I’m sorry for leaving you behind Yoongie. Promise! Unnie will never leave you ever again!”

She pinched my cheeks and smiled brightly at me.

“So stop sulking now. Unnie will be very sad if you don’t smile at me. This Unnie missed your smile so much.”

With that, I gave her a smile.

“Bigger!”

I smiled bigger.

“MORE!”

That’s when I showed her my biggest and brightest smile.

“Is this big enough?” I said while still smiling making her laugh out loud.

“Aissshhh. You’re making fun of me again.” But instead of pouting and scowling, I laughed with her and hugged her very tight as if I was holding on to dear life. “Welcome home Sica Unnie.”

She hugged me tightly as well. “It’s good to be back, Yoongie.”

 

After our little dramatic reunion by the door, I helped Sica Unnie with her luggage and placed it inside the room that I specifically reserved for her return.

I was sitting on the floor while she was sitting on her bed as we were unpacking and talking, more like I was throwing question after question.

“So Unnie, when did you got back?”

“Today. I headed straight here to surprise you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me 2 nights ago during our skype time that you were coming home? I could’ve picked you up from the airport.”

A flying sock reached my face.

“BABO! Then it wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you!” she stuck her tongue out.

I threw the sock back at her. “Well too bad. If you just told me and didn’t do that surprise of yours I could’ve greeted you with tarpaulins, a cheering squad, a marching band and a party.”

She fell on her bed laughing at my ridiculous idea. Of course I wouldn’t embarrass her like that. I was just playing with her. But the party thing is probably what I would actually do. After all, the girls miss her too.

“Stop laughing and start unpacking you dork!” I threw a pillow at her which she failed miserably to block because she can’t stop laughing.

“Said the choding!” She straightened herself and stuck her tongue out to me. Seriously! Who is the Unnie and who is the dongsaeng here?

“Are you going to stay for good?”

“Didn’t I promise you earlier that I will never leave you again?”  

I nodded my head in agreement.

“What about your boutique in New York?”

I stopped folding her clothes for a while and looked at her waiting for her answer. She worked really hard to build that boutique and I would be really sad if she has to close it down.

“It will still be there.”

“But who’s going to run it if you’re here?”

“I have a very capable crew there and they will keep me updated from there. I’m also going to open a store here so it will be like I moved the headquarters of some company here in Korea.”

I just stared at her in awe. My sister is really amazing. No wonder she’s my ultimate idol! Not only did she reach her dreams and became a big name in the fashion industry but she’s also a very loving sister that she went to great lengths just to be with me.

“YAH! Stop your fangirling over me! You’re drooling again!” she teased.

I quickly checked my mouth for any sign of drool but there was none! My sister is really talented with making me love her one minute and then hate her after another. I tried to copy her famous icy glare but she just laughed at me. I guess it doesn’t come with the genes.

“Can we finish unpacking your stuff and stop bullying me?”

“Yoongie is too adorable that I can’t help it.”

I scoffed and just continued what I was doing.

“So Unnie. Why did you come back all of a sudden?”

Her smile faltered after hearing my question but it was quickly returned with a smile that is half forced.

“To be with you of course!”

As much as my heart is swelling with her answer, I’m not convinced that that is the only reason.

“I know that I’m a big factor for your decision but I’m also sure that I’m not the sole reason. So what is it Unnie?” I probed further watching the different emotions of sadness, regret and hope flash from her beautiful features. “Unnie. You know you can tell me everything right?”

She heaved a deep sigh before answering me. “I’m just hoping to correct a mistake.”

Mistake? What mistake is she talking about? If she did something wrong, I would’ve known. We tell each other everything but how come I can’t remember anything about a mistake that she did before leaving for New York?

“What mistake Unnie?”

With confusion etched on my face, I asked her about it.

 “Yoong…”

Unfortunately for my curious mind, right before Sica Unnie can answer my question; she was interrupted by the loud sound of ‘Fantastic Baby’ coming from my phone. I was quick to get my phone out because only one person must be calling if that’s the song playing. Excitedly, I answered the phone.

“Oppa!”

Yoong! I’m in front of your door right now with a box of pizza!

“OMG! Pizza! I’ll be out in a minute Oppa!”

Yah! I’m starting to get jealous over the pizza! It’s like you’re more excited to see it rather than me!

On my way towards the door, I was trying so hard not to laugh because I’m sure he’s already adorably pouting behind it.

“Of course! I am more excited to see the pizza!” I .

Aisshhh! I can’t believe that I’m losing to a box of pizza! I’ll throw this in the trash can!

After hearing his threat about my beloved pizza, I opened the door as fast as I can and immediately snatched the pizza away from him.

“Don’t you even dare throw it away!” I yelled with wide eyes.

“Yoong!” He approached me with his arms wide open to give me a hug but I evaded making him pout. “I brought you pizza and I can’t even get a little hug?”

“No hugs ‘cause you tried to throw my precious in the trash!” I stuck my tongue out to him.

“But Yoong! You know I’ll never do that! I know that a shiksin like you values her food more than her boyfriend.” He pouted even more. “Sometimes you even tell me that it’s okay for me to fall instead of the food.”

I can’t hold it in any longer. I burst out laughing after seeing him pouting like a little kid. Quickly, I looked for a spot to place the pizza box and kissed his pouting lips. The short peck that I planned was forgotten when he pulled me in closer and deepened the kiss. Who am I to resist the advances of my irresistibly hot boyfriend?

“I missed you love.” He said after we broke away from the intense making out to breathe.

“I guess I need to say I missed you too?” I but after seeing his brows knitting together I gave him a peck and said, “Of course I missed my handsome and sweet and caring and kind and lovable boyfriend.”

“Nice save Im Yoona.”

“Why thank you Kwon Jiyong. I learned from the best.” I smirked at him knowingly.

He was leaning forward for another round of lip-locking when I heard my name being called.

“Yoongie? Yoongie?”

After realizing that I’ve been out too long without even informing Sica Unnie where I was going, I stood up straight and stood away from Jiyong Oppa. Though I’m already at the right age and my Unnie knows that I have a boyfriend, it’s still embarrassing to be caught being too close and sweet by her.

“U-Unnie. I’m here by the door.” I called out.

“Oh? What are you doing here Yoongie?”  

I don’t know what happened but she turned pale after raising her head to look at me.

“Unnie? Are you ok? You look like you’re going to get sick?”

I reached out to touch her forehead to check if she was having a fever but her temperature was normal. It was unusual though because she’s starting to get cold sweats.

“Unnie you’re sweating. Maybe we should get inside. You’re probably fatigued from your flight.”

I turned around to face Jiyong and tell him that we should cancel our movie night because Sica Unnie is not feeling well but he was spacing out. I waved my hand in front of his eyes to bring him back to the real world and away from wherever his mind was at for a brief moment.

“Oppa.”

“Y-yes Y-yoong?” he answered a little bit shaken.

“I think we need to call it a night for now. My sister just returned from New York and she looks really tired and we might disturb her rest if we watch movies. I’ll just make it up to you tomorrow alright? My restaurant at 7? I’ll prepare something special for you.” I explained.

“Uhh.. Yeah. Sure. I understand. Make sure your sister gets plenty of rest.”

I gave him a kiss to try to make up for cancelling on him.

“I’m so lucky to have a very understanding Oppa.” I kissed him again.

“Go now. Your sister is probably waiting for you. I’ll be looking forward for tomorrow’s dinner. Make it really special.” He said before giving me a last kiss before leaving. “Good night love. I love you.”

“I love you too. Drive safely.”

And with our goodbyes being said, I went back to my sister’s side to check on her. I found her sitting on the couch in the living room still with a look of unease. I’m getting really worried right now.

“Unnie. Do you want to go to the hospital?” I asked while taking the seat next to her.

“N-no. I-m fine, it’s probably just jet lag.”

“Told you. I should’ve just picked you up from the airport so that you wouldn’t get too tired after your long flight.” I nagged her but it was like I was talking to air because I didn’t get any response.

“Go and get some rest Unnie. I’ll finish unpacking and I’ll bring you food after.” I made her stand up and lead her back to her room. Our walk towards her room is closely similar to guiding a zombie. She’s that disoriented and I’m really freaking out.

I tucked her in and was about to leave her room when I heard her talk.

“Thank you. Yoong. Sorry for making you worry. This is nothing. So you can go to sleep as well.”

“It’s not nothing and we both know it.” I retorted. “Unnie, if you don’t want me to worry, stop being stubborn and just rest. You know how much it pains me to see you sick and unwell.”

I returned to her bed and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. “I’ll be back with porridge.”

And then I left Sica Unnie lying under the covers for a while to make her porridge. It really breaks my heart whenever I see her in that condition. If only I could take away whatever she’s feeling and just make her happy I’d do it. I will even give my life for Sica Unnie if needed. That’s how much I love that sister of mine.

“I hope you’re really fine Unnie.” I murmured to no one in particular.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“If I’m getting the pattern of your stories correctly, Sica is also part of your problem?” Taeng Unnie concluded.

I nodded as an answer and then all eyes were about to bulge out from their sockets.

“S-sica? As in your sister and our friends Jessica?” Sooyoung asked in disbelief.

I gave them another nod.

“B-but she’s the perfect sister! All she does is care for you and love you Yoong. What happened? Why are you having problems with her?” This time it was Yuri Unnie who asked.

“Is that why Sica Unnie is not with us now? Are you avoiding her Unnie?” Maknae stated her observation.

And once again, all I gave them was a nod. They all know how close my sister and I are with each other and I can’t blame them for reacting this way after learning that we are having problems that reached the point where I’m avoiding her.

“I guess it’s pretty serious huh Yoong? If it weren’t, you’d be like a koala hanging at Sica’s side and not spend 2 months away from her.”

I sighed and nodded again. I’m afraid of speaking because I know that the moment I start telling them what happened between Sica Unnie and I, I won’t be able to stop my tears from falling.

“Can you continue the story Yoong?” With obvious worry, Taeng Unnie asked.

With a nod, I begun and so did my tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: I'm really sorry for the late update... I've been busy with going out with my friends before school starts again... I really hope you're enjoying the story and please continue to look forward to the next parts of Yoona's story... (^__^) Comments are highly appreciated! It keeps me going and inspired! FIGHTING! :D