Mistake

Your Happy Ending

                3 hours are left before our flight to London. Just like what I told Sica Unnie and Jiyong Oppa, I will be travelling with the girls; Taeyeon Unnie, Sooyoung Unnie, Yuri Unnie and Seohyun. We agreed to meet up early so that I can avoid another confrontation with the couple that I left inside my restaurant. I knew that after having a 30 minute talk after I left, they headed towards my house. Thankfully when Jungsu gave me the heads up I was already finished with packing and was able to rush out of my place.

                It’s not like I will never talk to them again or that I don’t want to talk to them. It’s just that I know my heart can’t take any more beating. I don’t think it will be possible to put the broken pieces of my heart together again if I talk to them just to get those broken pieces broken even more. I have to get away for some time, just enough for me to be able to face them without breaking apart.

                My tears just kept on flowing since I left the restaurant until I left my house. It just stopped when I reached the airport and waited for the girls’ messages if they already arrived. I constantly checked on my phone because it kept on ringing but I have to ignore it once I saw who the message and call was from. The constant ringing became too painful to bear so I decided to just inform the girls where I was parked and turned my phone off.

Taeyeon Unnie was the first to arrive. I didn’t even notice that she was there because I was deep in my thoughts as I try to keep my tears intact. Hearing her knocking on my car’s window, I quickly fixed my things and wore the impractical sunglasses at night just so I can hide my red and puffy eyes from the girls. I don’t need to make them worry. What they know is that I arranged this trip so that we can enjoy and not because I’m running away from my heartbreak and I have no plans of changing that anytime soon. All I want is to enjoy this trip and forget my pain.

“I was right when I asked if you had a problem because of the sudden vacation, right?”

That’s the first thing that I heard from Taeng Unnie once I went out of my car.

“What are you talking about Unnie? I’m perfectly fine.” I smiled.

“Yeah right. You’re perfectly fine wearing sunglasses when the sun isn’t even out anymore.” She sarcastically while taking my shades away from my eyes. I tried to stop her but I was too late. She already saw my eyes that I tried to cover with my hair.

“Here.” She handed my sunglasses back. “You can pretend until you get tired of doing so. Just remember, if ever you need someone to talk to about it, I’m here. I’ll be the worst Unnie if I can’t even do that for you. Arasso?”

I just answered with a nod.

I’m still lucky to have my other Unnies when I can’t even talk to my real sister because she’s the one that I’m trying to avoid.

Taeng Unnie and I waited for the other girls to come in a café inside the airport. One by one, they filled the seats and I know that the looks that they’re giving me are because just like Taeng Unnie, they know that something’s wrong with me.

“Will you stop giving me those pitiful stares? I’ll talk later during our vacation, but please let’s just enjoy our trip until that day.”

After seeing me smiling, their forlorn faces also turned brighter and there we waited for our flight as we shared stories of things that happened while we weren’t able to see each other.

The smell of coffee that’s lingering all over the café made me feel relaxed just like what coffee usually does to me. The relaxation that I was savouring at the moment was short-lived as memories of how I crossed paths with Jiyong Oppa.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It’s nice to have some fresh air brush my skin after being stuck inside the kitchen all-day as I work inside one of my restaurants. Just like every time I finish working, I prefer walking home feeling the night air and looking at the dark sky’s little sparkling lights. It makes me feel peaceful after slaving off in a very busy day at work with people calling for one order after another and having to command other people around every minute.

I had my earphones on as I listen to my favourite girl group, SNSD’s Mistake when I passed by my favourite coffee shop. I always get my morning coffee here since it’s on the way to my restaurant and sometimes when I feel like pausing for a while and just sit down to enjoy coffee and watch random strangers interact with each other I stop by after work.

I’m very lucky to have entered the café exactly when someone was about to leave. I got my seat and then ordered my favourite Caramel Macchiato then I started doing what I normally do when I’m here at night; watching.

This is probably the biggest proof of how bored I am with my life but hey, it’s fun watching strangers in a café. It seems to me that a café is a place that holds all kinds of stories. Ever since I started doing this, I witnessed a lot of heartbreaking, funny, infuriating, and other kinds of situations. One time I saw friends laughing really hard one second and then all of a sudden they ended up arguing and one of them walked out of the shop crying. Also, there was a time when I saw one guy enter with one girl and they were very sweet until the girl needed to leave and gave him a peck. Later on, a different girl entered the premises and went towards the same guy and kissed him.

                I was in the middle of scanning my surroundings for an interesting table to watch but I was interrupted by someone standing in front of my table and ending up blocking my view. In frustration I shot my eyes up to the intruder and asked sharply. “What do you need?”

                Thankfully, he wasn’t offended with my tone and instead showed me a very bright smile. I don’t know where my sass went but I was left speechless when I got a glimpse of his smile and his beautiful face. Yes, this guy standing in front of me is very handsome. He’s not too tall, not too fat or bulky just the right frame, his eyes, oh God his eyes, they are the iest pair of orbs that I have ever laid eyes on, and his lips, don’t even get me started with those supple lips.

                I can’t help but stare at him then I remembered how it was rude to just stare at people more or less people that are talking to you. So I slowly bent my head low and carefully checked my mouth if I drooled at him. Fortunately there was none so I coughed a little to clear my suddenly dry throat and smiled back at him. I probably look like a duffus right now with this overly wide smile but I can’t stop it. It’s like my mouth has a mind of its own.

                “I just wanted to ask if I can share a table with you. Cause you see, the shop is full and there’s no table left and the barista told me that you’re alone and that I can share with you if you would agree.”

                Hearing his voice for the first time is like hearing a choir of singing angels and not because he sounds like an angel because he doesn’t, rather, he sounded so manly that my ears are having eargasms right now. I have to take note of thanking Minho for suggesting my table to this handsome man.

                “O-oh. S-sure. You can share with me. I really don’t mind. As in really. I don’t mind at all.”

                “Thanks.” Ohmo! He was smiling at me again. My heart! It’s about to explode! “If you don’t mind me asking, are you alright? Your face is all red.” Then he laughed heartily making his eyes disappear. How cute can he be?

                I touched my face and felt how hot my cheeks are right now. I laughed with him and all of a sudden my uncontrollable mouth just blurted out the most embarrassing words of my life yet. “How can my face not heat up when someone as hot as you sat beside me?”

                And before realizing the words that just left my stupid mouth, I heard him laugh harder than earlier. Gosh! This is so embarrassing! Can someone please just take me away from this place? In pure humiliation, I bent my head down and slapped my mouth a couple of times as punishment for its big mistake.

                It’s probably the 4th slap when I felt the warmth of another person’s hand engulf my wrist keeping it from reaching my mouth. In surprise, I turned my head to his direction.

                “Stop doing that. Even though you’re look extremely adorable and cute doing that and having your whole face heating up, I don’t want those perfectly looking lips of yours to get hurt.”

                I’m not sure if my ears got affected by what I was doing with my mouth that I heard him say that I look cute and that my lips look perfect so I asked. “D-did you just call me cute right now?”

                And his laughter just got louder as he let go of my wrist and held his stomach. Instead of feeling offended, I felt disappointed because of the absence of his warmth.

                “It looks like you’re having a blast at my goofiness. I’m glad that I made you very amused. Does that mean I’m a good company?” I asked sincerely without a hint of any kind of sarcasm or whatsoever. I’m actually happy that I made this complete but very gorgeous stranger happy.

                “Yes. Yes you are. I’m lucky to have shared a seat with you. I was having a pretty ty day and you made me laugh so hard. Thank you.”

                His melodic laughter faded and all I could hear is genuine gratitude from him. He must have really gone through a lot today to be that thankful for laughing.

                “Since you seem like a very friendly and quiet harmless lady, will you let me know of your name?” he handed out his hand and introduced himself. “I’m Kwon Jiyong.”

I shook his hand. “Im Yoona.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

And that’s how I met THE Kwon Jiyong. It was a very ordinary day for me until he showed up and made me fall for his looks the first time I laid my eyes on him.

The song that I was listening to the moment I stepped in that café that night was probably a sign for me. It was my Mistake.

My trip down memory lane was cut when Yuri Unnie nudged me.

“Yoong, stop spacing out and thinking about him.”

I smiled and laughed at how right she is. I should stop thinking about him, about them.

“You’re right Unnie.”

Just then, our flight was being announced for boarding and the 5 of us left the café as I left the memory that I thought about in it.

I’m going to become better and forget the pain. I should be happy for the two of them. I will be happy.