Everything's out

Your Happy Ending

Ever since Sica Unnie came back, I’ve been spending more time with her than anyone else. I even took 3 days a week off from my businesses so that I can be with her. It’s been a years since we were together and I want to make up for the lost time. Fortunately, I have very understanding and helpful people around me. I’m not worried about leaving the restaurants because I have very capable and trustworthy employees and Sooyoung Unnie is helping me with monitoring it. Even Jiyong Oppa understood why I’m starting to spend less time with him. But even though I have the most understanding boyfriend in the whole world, I still see to it that not a day pass by that I didn’t talk to him.

“So how’s your day Oppa?” I asked him during our Friday night meet ups at our favourite café.

“It was good but it became wonderful now that I get to spend some time with you.” He took my and that was on top of the table and raised it to where his lips are. “I missed you love.”

Luckily, he was sitting beside me so it was easy to lean on his shoulders. I just stayed there without saying anything and savouring his warmth that I missed so much.

“I wish we could just stay like this all day but I know how much you want to be with your sister.” He shifted his seat to capture me in his embrace and he whispered in my ear. “Is it crazy if I tell you that I’m starting to get very jealous with your sister?”

I couldn’t help but chuckle at his question. This is one of the million reasons why I love him; his great sense of humor that never fails to make me laugh.

“I’m hurt Yoongie. Why are you laughing at my heart’s sentiments?”

He broke away from the hug and placed a hand over his chest acting hurt making me laugh harder with his silly expression and statements.

He stood up from his chair and pointed at me with his acting face. “aiissshhh. Can anyone please remind me why I fell in love with this cruel cruel girl that laughs at her handsome boyfriend’s pains?”

 I doubled over with what he was doing. My eyes begun to tear up with too much laughter. But what made everything more hilarious is when our dear friend Minho who is also the barista that gave way for Jiyong and I to meet answered while carrying a tray with our Oreo Cheesecake.

“Try asking why this gorgeous and lovable noona of mine accepted a choding like you.”

“Yah! I’m not a choding!” Jiyong Oppa chided with a look of astonishment with what his dongsaeng said.

Yes Jiyong Oppa. You are proving everyone that you are not a choding by fighting with your dongsaeng because he called you a choding. Very un-choding-like.

Minho placed the plate of mouth-watering Oreo cheesecake in front of me with a smile which I returned graciously. Why wouldn’t I when he called me gorgeous and lovable?

“Thank you Minho-ah. For the food and of course for the compliment. You’re really the best.” I winked at him making him blush which did not go unnoticed by the choding beside me.

“You!” he said pointing at the blushing young lad. “Stop flirting with my woman! I’m the only one allowed to blush because of her! Erase that pink color off that face of yours!”

“Don’t be ridiculous hyung!” Minho said while cupping his cheeks to hide his very visible blush. “I’m not blushing! Right noona?”

Minho didn’t get any support from me for I was laughing so hard that I can’t breathe the whole time they were having that ridiculous exchange.

“Aisshhh. Sometimes I really regret sending hyung to your table noona. You just started teaming up to gang on me when you met.” Annoyed, he left our table to return at the counter.

“Yah! You little brat!” Jiyong Oppa tried to ran after him but I tugged his hand to stop him.

“Oppa” I said with aegyo.

His stiffness melted and slowly he returned to his seat with his back facing me. My smile faded and worry was starting to build up inside of me. Why is he not facing me? Is he really angry?

I tapped his shoulder but received no reaction. I even poked his sides but still nothing. I’m getting really nervous now. What if he really is mad at me? I didn’t mean to look make Minho blush or to flirt with him. For goodness sake, he’s like the little brother that I never had and he knows that. Why would I flirt with my little bro?

“Jiyong Oppa?” I called him.

“Babe?” I tried again.

“Baby?” And again.

“Honey?” One more time.

“Sweetheart?” And another.

I still got no reply. This is becoming really annoying but I have to be patient. I was the one that is in the wrong so I have to strive to get his attention and forgiveness. I heaved a deep sigh. I’ll try again for the last time and if he still doesn’t even spare me a glance, I’m going to stand up and face him myself.

“Love?”

That was it! I’ve had enough! I pushed my chair back and moved to where he was looking at to be faced with a widely grinning Kwon Jiyong. I can’t believe this! He was playing me! This choding is really going to get it!

“Hi love.” He said with a smile that shows his gums.

My frown turned upside down the moment I saw how brightly he was smiling. How can I get mad at this adorable man sitting in front of me? It’s just impossible.

  In a swift movement, he pulled me down and gave me a surprise kiss.

“Sorry for teasing you. Your voice was just too cute when you said Oppa that I wanted to hear it again but then you started with the other endearments that I can’t get enough of it.” He explained still with that boyish smile on his face.

I gave him a soft slap on the arm. “You should’ve just asked.”

“But where’s the fun in that?” He chuckled which I joined.

               

It was such a wonderful night, just hanging out with him, laughing with our silliness, talking about anything that we can think of, and even dreaming of our future together. Too bad I wasn’t informed that it would be the last wonderful night that we would spend together before everything changed for me. If I was, I would’ve ignored my tiredness and my aching body. I would’ve ignored the need for sleep that I felt and just stayed there with him longer. I would’ve retained in my memory each second, each minute, each hour that we were together. I should have.

--------------------------------------------------------

“Unnie, what do you mean by changed for you?” Unsurprisingly, it was maknae who noticed that little but important detail. “It only changed for you but not for Jiyong Oppa and Sica Unnie? Is that what you’re trying to say?”

The others were looking at Seohyun with bewilderment because it’s pretty obvious that though they were intently listening, they didn’t catch that there is something strange that accompanies that part of the story.

“Yes.” I looked at her straight in the eyes with my red and puffy ones. “That is exactly what I’m saying. Everything changed between the 3 of us but no one was aware besides me.”

--------------------------------------------------------

I have been constantly planning to formally introduce Jiyong Oppa and Sica Unnie to each other for months now but there’s always something that ruins it. It’s either one of them has other plans or the other doesn’t feel well. Same thing happens whenever Jiyong Oppa visits at home. It’s like Unnie is always in a hurry to head out. I don’t know but somehow I’m getting this weird idea that they are deliberately avoiding to meet each other, but of course that is a silly idea. I mean, why would they? They were even very excited to meet the other person besides themselves who I hold very dear to my heart whenever I tell them stories about the other.

 

Then one time, I left work early to cook a feast for Sica Unnie’s Seoul boutique opening. I even invited the girls and her best friends Tiffany, Sunny and Hyoyeon to party with us. It’s a surprise so I had to check on her and tell her to dress in her pyjamas to make it more memorable but, when I was near her bedroom door, I heard sobbing coming from inside. I was immediately alarmed. Why is Sica Unnie crying? Is it still about that mistake that she never bothered to share with me? I wanted to barge in but that would be just rude and I’m sure I would get reprimanded for doing that. So instead of rushing inside, I opened the door slowly and there I saw my precious Unnie sitting on the floor beside her bed bawling her eyes out while holding something. At first I thought she was just holding tissues to wipe her tears away but as I got a clearer view it turned out to be a picture. Maybe it’s a picture of our parents before the unfaithful accident. She must be missing them a lot. Probably more than I do, since she has more memories with them. With that in mind, I wanted to crouch down with her and give her a comforting hug and share the pain of missing our parents but before I can even take a step inside, I heard her utter something incomprehensible because of her sobs. I stopped on my tracks and stayed still to hear what she’s saying clearly.

I’m a fool for leaving you…I’m sorry.”

I thought I can…have you back.”

But I’m too late because you’re…with her now.”

I don’t want her to get…hurt.”

We should…let go.”

Kwon Jiyong…I love you.”

After saying those 3 magical words, she closed her eyes and clutched the picture to her chest while crying harder than earlier. Seeing my sister’s miserable state, I decided to back off for now and just call her later when everything’s already set.

With creased eyebrows, I made my way towards the couch and reflected on what I just witnessed. I’m still very confused with what’s really happening with my sister. Sadly, I only got a few because her crying made her words incoherent. But one thing’s sure, that’s was not our parents’ picture that she was holding.

Firstly because she treasured our parents’ pictures so much that she would not let it get even a slight dent. I can still remember when I accidentally folded the corner of one of their pictures, she was fuming mad that I was banned from playing my video games for a week because of it. She’s kind of weird and OC that way but maybe that’s just her way of coping with the grief of losing them. I’m not one to judge because I have my own weird habit whenever I miss them. I lock myself inside my room until I finish reading Jane Austen’s Emma which is my parents’ favourite book. The first time that it happened, Sica Unnie panicked but later on she understood and just let me do my thing just like what the counsellor advised.

Secondly because her words didn’t sound anywhere near paternal. It was too intimate. It was like she was talking to a lover.  Just like with Jiyong Oppa and I. But Unnie has never had a boyfriend before. Well none that I’m aware of. Except if…

“She hid it from me?” I gasped with my conclusion but I quickly shook my head refusing to believe it.

Of course that’s not it! We promised to never have secrets with each other. And why would she keep it a secret? Is she embarrassed to introduce the guy? Maybe he was ugly. But I know Sica Unnie has very high standards. The only guy I know that can probably match her standards would be Jiyong Oppa. Okay fine. I’m maybe being biased since he’s my boyfriend.

I giggled at the thought of my perfect but sometimes a big choding and cheeseball boyfriend.

“Yoongie? Why are you laughing by yourself?”

 My eyes were about to bulge out when I heard Sica Unnie. Oh my God! I just got caught by my sister giggling over my boyfriend. But she doesn’t have to know that. I cleared my throat and slowly faced her with a very awkward smile.

“U-unnie. You’re here.”

“Of course I’m here. I leave here you know.” She laughed at my stupidity.

“Oh yeah. Silly me.” I awkwardly laughed and mentally gave myself a slap on the head. Get your act together Im Yoona! Stop being a dummy!

“So, Unnie.”

“Yep?”

“Go get in your pyjamas! Now!”

It was a very hard struggle to push her to her room and make her change into her jammies with all the protesting, tickling and laughing before the guests came, but they don’t call me Him Yoona for nothing.

I was actually relived to see that she was not crying anymore and she looks fine that’s why I made everything perfect so that she can forget her problem for a while. I just want her to be happy. But I’m still troubled. Did she really have a boyfriend before she left for New York? I have to know. I’ll just have to ask her.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“And I did.” I told them. “But I already knew the answers before I even asked.”

I tried to force a smile to lessen the girls’ unease, but my tears just kept on coming. I want to look for the off button for my tears or the switch to stop the pouring of sorrow coming from my eyes, but there’s none.  

“You know what’s funny?” I stifled a laugh. “Without them knowing, they gave me the answers.” 

------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve been pretty busy the following weeks after the incident with Sica Unnie and she’s been busy as well since her boutique is now open. Thus, I never got to ask her about what I heard and saw for we’re both very tired when we get home. I can’t even set up a date for the 3 of us to meet anymore. Moreover, I can’t get a decent date with Jiyong Oppa and I miss him so much.

I decided to surprise him during lunch with a picnic but on my way to his house I saw him getting in his car hastily as if there was an emergency. Seeing this made me so sad because it means we can’t have the surprise picnic that I prepared. Disappointedly, I was about to start my car’s engine when I caught a glimpse of Sica Unnie. I’m not sure if it was really her but based on what I saw Sica Unnie was wearing this morning, I’m guessing that it’s really her. What is she doing at this part of town when her boutique is at the other side? I opened my car door to approach her and ask but I was glued on my seat when I saw her entering Jiyong Oppa’s car.

“What’s happening here?” I asked in pure confusion.

Before I can keep on marvelling about the mystery of Sica Unnie getting in the car of someone that she has never spent more than five minutes with in her whole life, I saw Jiyong Oppa’s car starting to move. On impulse, I started my car and followed them discreetly.

Honestly, I was not paying attention to where they were heading because my mind is having an over-drive with all the possibilities and impossibilities of what’s happening. Do they know each other more than I was aware of? Or are they just too guilty for being too busy whenever I want to introduce them to each other that they’re doing it on their own? Or better yet, maybe they’re planning something for me? That would be awesome having my dearest ones’ surprise me! Should I act like I didn’t know anything? I should probably just stop following them to make the surprise genuine.

My train of thoughts and giddiness were stopped when Jiyong Oppa’s car halted in front of what looks like your typical suburban 2 story house. It was complete with a porch with a hanging like a swing chair that will fit 2 people max, a dog house and that perfect white picket fence.

I parked 2 houses away from where they did just so I wouldn’t be discovered. Jiyong Oppa was the first to alight from his white sedan to rush to the other side and open the door for Sica Unnie. I giggled at the thought that Jiyong Oppa was trying hard to be a gentleman to get on my sister’s good side. After closing the car door, Jiyong Oppa went ahead and opened the fence’s door and lead Sica Unnie inside the lot.

“Does that mean that’s his house?” I tilted my head in confusion. “He never mentioned having a beautiful house before. Maybe it’s his parents’. But then why did he bring Unnie here? He has never even brought me here.”

As more questions filled my mind, I decided to enter the property and ask Jiyong Oppa myself. They are probably already inside the house so I headed there as well. I don’t know what’s happening to my body but the moment I heard footsteps that sounds like they’re going out of the house, I quickly hid inside the dog house which was situated near the swing like chair on the porch.

“Since when did I become a dog? I can’t believe I actually fit in here.” I murmured but got silenced when I heard their voices.

“We can just sit here.” I heard Jiyong Oppa said.

“Alright.” Then that’s Sica Unnie.

Being that I’m hiding inside a dog house, all I can do is to listen to their voices and pray that they won’t take long because the longer they talk the longer I have to stay in this crummy place.

“It’s been a long time Sooyeon-ah.”

Wait! Did I just hear Jiyong call my sister with her Korean name? How did he know that? I never told him that. It may seem like Sica unnie is trying to be Rumplestiltskin by hiding her name from everyone, but it was a secret that Sica Unnie has always told me to keep. Not even the girls and her best friends know her Korean name so how does my boyfriend know?

“It’s been years Ji.”

Are they this close already to call Jiyong Ji?

“I thought you already sold this house.”

Unnie knows about the house? How? And why would he sell the house?

“Why would I sell the house that I invested blood, sweat and passion on, thinking that I’ll be living in it with the girl that I love and want to build a family with?”

The girl that he loves and wants to build a family with? Is he talking about me? Did he really build this house for me? Is that why he kept it a secret from me?

“Simply because that girl is not your girlfriend who loves you so much.”

Just like that. My little bubble of happiness popped. My world stopped spinning. My heart started breaking.

“You’ve got a girl that will give you everything. A girl that will love you unconditionally. A girl that is never selfish. A girl that won’t leave you for her dreams. A girl who is better than your ex who just left you.” She sighed. “Stop holding on to someone else when you already have Yoona. Love her and her alone. Give her all the love that she deserves and more.”

“I know. I’m the luckiest guy to be loved by someone like your sister. I love her so much. I really do.” Jiyong confessed and somehow he was able make me forget the pain in my heart with his sincere words.

“If so, then sell this house and let go of your past.”

“I want to. Oh how I want to sell this house and to never look back again. But I can’t! I simply can’t Sooyeon!” I have never heard Jiyong Oppa sound this helpless and I wanted to come out from my spot and hug him tightly, but I chose not to, I chose to slump on the ground after hearing him profess his undying love to his ex.

“I tried. I was so close to selling this house. I wanted to do it for Yoona, but every time, every ing time I look at this house the memories come flashing back. All the sweet, fun, sad moments come back to me and I don’t have the heart to throw them all away.” He sighed. “Selling this house means there’s no more turning back. It means that I have to forget everything about her and our love. But I can’t do that because it’s too painful that I think I’d die.”

“Stop this foolishness! Don’t be unfair to Yoona!” Unnie shouted taking me by surprise.

“You don’t have the right to tell me what’s fair and unfair Sooyeon! You don’t know a thing about it!” He shouted back with more intensity.

“Tell me! Did it ever cross your mind if it was fair that you left me just like that!? Without any kind of explanation! Without any reason!”  Jiyong Oppa’s voice started to crack and though I’m breaking I’m more worried that he’s hurting too.

He stopped yelling for a minute and there was only silence. 

“Without even telling me.” He added sounding deeply hurt.

And again nothing was heard until Jiyong made everything clear for me.

“I loved you so much Sooyeon-ah.”

That was it for me. Right there. Inside the crummy dog house where I hid, everything fell into place. It was like it’s the first time everything made sense. The reason for Sica Unnie’s return. The reason why Sica Unnie was always crying. The reason why they always have excuses not to meet. The reason why they are very awkward around each other. The reason why Jiyong Oppa was so concerned about Sica Unnie. The reason why Sica Unnie always asks me about Jiyong Oppa. The reason why this very house exists.

It’s all because they were lovers.

“Stop Ji. You’re talking non-sense. I’m going to take my leave. Let’s talk again when you’re already in your right mind.”

“Tell me you don’t love me anymore and that there’s no more us, then I’ll stop this foolishness and sell this damn house. Just tell me.”

Sica Unnie remained quiet and even stayed rooted on her spot for I can hear no footsteps.

“I’m leaving.”

And she left leaving Jiyong Oppa alone on the porch.

It’s starting to get dark and it’s been hours since Jiyong Oppa left and stopped crying which started right after Sica Unnie left and lasted for an hour. I must be a very weird person for staying inside this cramped dog house for hours after they both left. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t decide to start living inside this dog house or am I stuck, it’s just that I don’t have the energy to get out. Who would’ve known that a broken heart is equivalent to a broken body? Actually, I would’ve chosen in a blink of an eye to be badly beaten up to the point that I can’t move a single bone in my body than to have my heart beaten like this.

Funny how I thought that I can’t hurt more than when I heard how my beloved boyfriend built a house for his ex, then I hear that he can’t sell the stupid house or forget about her, and then I hear that the one he’s still so stuck up on is no one but my own dear sister. Come to think of it, I thought I was dying each time I heard these things. Does that mean that I just died 3 times this day? I must be a cat that has 9 lives to still live after dying 3 times.

Too bad I can’t continue hiding in this little haven that I’ve found inside a dog house because my phone’s been ringing non-stop for hours now. Calls coming from Sooyoung Unnie who must be looking for me since I didn’t turn up for today at the restaurant, calls from the girls who were probably informed by Sooyoung Unnie about me not answering her calls and being absent, calls from my boyfriend who must be alarmed due to the girls’ pestering him about my whereabouts, and lastly the only call that I answered, calls from my only living kin, Sica Unnie who must be worried sick by now.

Im Yoona! Finally! You decided to answer after let me check, uhmm 20 calls from me!” Sica Unnie started the second I answered the call.

“Sorry Unnie.” I apologized.

Where in the world are you?! Everybody’s looking for you! And you even dared not answer our calls!” And the scolding begins.

“I was out and I sort of fell asleep.” I lied.

Don’t lie to me you little twerp! You’re not in your room!

I laughed at her name for me. “Really Unnie? You’re calling me little twerp? Did you forget who’s taller between the two of us?”

Aisshh… This kid!” I heard her laughing as well. “I’m serious though Yoongie. Where are you? I’m worried.” And there comes out my ever caring sister making me smile.

“Stop fretting Unnie. I’m going home already. Wait for me arasso? I have something I want to ask you.”

Ok. Drive safely. Anyways, what do you want to ask?

“I’ll tell you when I get there. Be there in about 10 minutes. I love you bye.” I ended the call and got out of the dog house.

 

The ride home was rather fast but I don’t mind. I’ve decided to hear the whole story from my sister. I want to know what really happened and then think of what I should do with this absurd love triangle that I found myself in.

I never thought I’d be this nervous to enter my own house, but I also never thought that Jiyong Oppa has a house saved for his ex and that Sica Unnie is that ex and here I am. Trying to calm myself, I heaved a deep breath and opened the door. I was greeted with a sleeping Sica Unnie on the couch. She looked peaceful that I’d rather not wake her up but I guess the universe wants this whole ordeal to finish that she woke up just I entered.

“Oh Yoongie. You’re here.” She yawned.

“Why are you sleeping there Unnie? You should’ve gone to bed if you’re sleepy.” I pecked her forehead like what I always do whenever she’s asleep or just woken up.

“Then should I just be stuck on my bed everyday because I’m always sleepy?” she joked.

“Sleepyhead.” I said while ruffling her hair.

“So what do you want to ask me Yoongie?” she started.

Instead of answering, I went to the fridge and took out 4 bottles of beer and placed it on the table. I also went to the pantry and fetched some chips to munch on. I’m thinking that this would take long.

“Unnie! Come in here.” I called her.

She stopped behind the chair in front of me and looked at the things I prepared on the table.

“You’re going to drink? Did you even have dinner yet?” she asked worriedly.

“Correction. WE’RE going to drink.” I smiled teasingly. “Go on. Sit down and let’s start.”

I opened two bottles and handed the other one to her. Sica Unnie cautiously sat down and accepted the bottle that I offered. She looks very puzzled with everything that I’m doing so to end her unease, I took a gulp of my beer and asked straight out. “Why didn’t you tell me that you had a boyfriend and it was Jiyong Oppa?”

I placed the bottle down and stared at her. It’s not piercing or burning with anger, it’s more of a stare of hurt; hurt because she didn’t tell me, because she kept a secret from me when we vowed never to do so. I saw how her expression changed, from a look of complete and utter shock to a look of calming down to a look of curiosity.

“H-how did you know about that? Did Ji…yong tell you?”

I shook my head and stared at the bottle that I was holding tightly. I can’t look at her eye-to-eye. If I do, I’ll just break down and I can’t afford that to happen. I need the truth now.

“He didn’t tell me directly.” Nonchalantly I said.

“What do you mean?” she continued probing me when I should be the one doing the probing.

“I was at THE house today. THE house that he built for you and THE house that I didn’t know existed just like how I didn’t know about your relationship existing.” I continued using the indifferent tone and I plan doing so until the end of this conversation.

“Yoongie, let me explain. There’s nothing going on between us. There’s no existing relationship besides being the sister of his girlfriend.” She sounded desperate to explain.

“I know Unnie.” I smiled reassuringly at her as a sign that I’m not angry or anything. “I know the two of you like the back of my hand that’s why I’m confident that you’re not cheating on me. I trust you that much Unnie.” I emptied my first bottle before stating what I’m actually delving with in this exchange. “All I want to know is why you kept it from me, what happened and what you REALLY feel.”

I reached for her hands and gave it a light squeeze as I ask her a favour. “Don’t leave anything out. And please, be completely honest on my 3rd question.”

She nodded slowly and the sight just broke me more. My lovely sister is already crying and she hasn’t even started yet. I can’t imagine how much pain she must have been enduring all this time. Guilt is eating me up knowing that I’m part of her sorrow and that I haven’t done anything to help her.

 

“It was my 3rd year in college when we met and fell in love.” She paused and gave me a look before continuing. I smiled at her urging her to continue and say that I’m fine.  

She continued. “He was from a different university but somehow, fate has played a part and we found each other by a mixed up order with our food in one restaurant near the university. Since then he started waiting by the Uni’s gate every morning and after classes for me. We hang out almost everyday and got to know each other slowly. As it turns out, he was the most obnoxious guy that I have ever met and for him I was the coldest girl that he has ever met. He even claimed that I had the princess syndrome.” She laughed shyly and took a sip of her drink.

“Well you two are exactly those things.” I commented laughing softly with her.

“I know right? It was what those who see us together called the perfect love and hate relationship.” She was smiling with tears still falling as she relayed their story. “Just like what I said, it was not all honey and roses between us. We fight more often than any other couple out there. Now that I’m thinking about it the roots of the disputes were so childish and pathetic.” She burst out laughing while remembering their relationships silly flaw. “Imagine, we fought over a piece of candy wrapper that I was too lazy to throw in the trash can. There was even a time when he got seriously jealous when I told you I love you so much on the phone. He thought I was hiding another guy on the side because I left for a while to answer your call. Our fights even get to the point where we break up but then again we’ll make up and be together again.”

“Wow! He got jealous of me? That’s something I never thought I’d hear.” I laughed heartily after seeing Unnie nod and laugh as well. “Those are quiet weak reasons to fight over. Luckily I usually brush small things off that we barely fight.”

The laughter died down and I had to ask. “Did he know who I was from the start? I mean when you were still together?”

She shook her head and replied. “No. I never told him your name. He didn’t even know that I have an English name because I was using the name that Umma gave me and also her surname. All he know is I’m Jung Sooyeon.”

“Unnie, why didn’t you use Im?”

“I just wanted to try it. Having something from her somehow decreases the longing. It makes me feel closer to Umma, as if she was still here.” She explained with tears falling. “So don’t worry about it Yoongie. He didn’t purposely meet you to get to me.” She said answering my unspoken worries.

“Then why didn’t you tell me about him? I thought we don’t keep secrets from each other.” I hissed unknowingly from the feel of betrayal.

“I’m really sorry for keeping it from you Yoona. I’m really sorry for breaking our promise. I’m really sorry. Unnie is very sorry.” She cried on her hands. “I-I wanted to t-tell you. B-but I was so s-scared. I was so scared that you might not like him. He was different from the ideal guy that you dreamed for me and if you end up not liking him, I would probably decide to permanently break up with him because I don’t want you to be uncomfortable by being around someone you dislike.”

I was surprised and baffled with her reason. Did she really think that I would make her break up with the guy that she loves just because I don’t like him or that he’s not the guy that I wanted for her? I admit, I’m pigheaded and ruthless at times but I would never ask her to part with the person she loves. As a matter of fact I don’t care who the guy is as long as he loves her and she loves him I have no problem with it and accept him with open arms.

“It doesn’t matter now though. I should’ve just took the risk and told you because in the end, I still left him.” She laughed sardonically. “I left the man I love without even saying goodbye or even telling him that I was leaving. And for what? For success? For being famous? For chasing my dreams?”

She quickly opened another bottle after gobbling up her first one empty. In a minute she downed the beer bottle empty again. I’m getting apprehensive with the way Sica Unnie is slurping the beer like it was water.

“Unnie, slow down. You might get sick if you don’t.” I warned her but she won’t budge. Instead she went to the fridge and grabbed 4 more bottles. Is she trying to drown herself in alcohol? I thought I was the one that will be doing that but I guess I’m wrong again.

“Don’t fret my Yoongie. I’ll be fine. So where was I?” she said as her body is slowly turning red from consuming too much alcohol too fast. “Right! I was talking about how I cold-bloodedly left the love of my life for my freaking dream. I didn’t give him any explanations nor did I officially break up with him. I just left like I was leaving no one behind or I was hurting no one.”

She fell silent for minutes and I did not dare break it. I just waited until she’s ready to proceed and share her thoughts and feelings.

“Do you know why I just left like that?” she looked at me for an answer forcing me to shake my head. “Because your Unnie is a big coward. She was too afraid to say goodbye because she knows that the moment he tells her not to go, she will do it in a heartbeat. But she was too drunk with the idea of making it big that she chose to just leave avoiding being held back by her lover.”

She began crying her eyes out again. “Did you ever know that the Unnie that you looked up so much too was not only a coward but a selfish and heartless ?”

Her words stung. How can she say such things about herself?! She might be a coward but she’s not a nor is she selfish and heartless.

“I’m such a right? Right Yoong?” she persisted.

“No you’re not Unnie! You just did what you thought you needed to do at that time. So stop condemning yourself!” I defended her.

She chuckled bitterly. “Would you still defend and look at me the same way after knowing that I came back for him. I came back in hopes that he’s still waiting for me, that he still loves me. I came back with the intention of getting him back as if I didn’t left him for 4 years, as if I didn’t hurt him.”

I’m not surprised anymore. After all I’ve already guessed that that is what she planned by returning home.

“I even heard that he has a girlfriend before I got back and I was planning on taking him away from her.”

Now that confession is what caught me off-guard. She was still planning on getting back with him after knowing that he’s already committed?

“I was willing to do anything just to get him back, but then again his girlfriend turned out to be you…my dear Yoongie.” She sighed and emptied her now 4th bottle. “How can I take him away from my own sister who is the only family that I have left and who I love so much? Of course I can’t do that! Of course I’d never do anything to hurt you! Of course I have to forget this feelings and memories that I have with him. Of course this is already the end of our story. I’m already too late.”

Now it was my turn to empty my bottle and make a one-shot with the next. Everything is just too overwhelming. My heart’s in pain. The same goes for my sister.

“He already has you Yoongie. And I can’t be more than happy to know that even if I can’t have him, he has you. Someone that has a very big heart. Someone that is not like me who is selfish. And someone whom I know will love him more than I do and ever will.” She said with a hopeful smile directed at me.

“Give him all the love that he deserves. Make him happy. Don’t ever leave him like I did. Don’t make the same mistakes that Unnie did. Learn from Unnie arasso?” She finished her 5th bottle then stood up to approach me and gave me what felt like the warmest and most comforting sisterly hug that she ever gave me. With my cheeks against her toned stomach, I hug her back as I try to convey how much I love her.

“Yoongie, I’m already drunk so I’m going to turn in first. I love you.” She kissed the top of my hair and walked rather straight for a drunk person towards her bedroom.

“Unnie!” I stopped her. “One last question.”

“What is it Yoongie?”

“Do you love him?” I bit the edge of my lips after asking.

“What kind of question is that?”

“Just answer it.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore Yoongie. He loves you and you love him. I just want you guys to be happy.” She smiled and entered her bedroom.

A smile formed on my lips as I murmured. “That’s all I needed to hear.”

_________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: OMG! (>//////<) I'm so touched with all the comments that this story is receiving! THANK YOU THANK YOU!  Everything's out in the open now. What's going to happen next? Well we're nearing the end guys! Or better yet the next chapter is the end hahahaha (>___<) This is the longest chapter i've done so far and also the longest a/n hahaha so imma stop talking now! :P FIGHTING!