07

Two Souls

     07

 

 

 

"Yes, I was never mean. But after being with you I changed. And you have no right to tell me that I am mean when you are worse than me.” I said through gritted teeth and he just looked at me with a poker face, his eyes emotionless.

“If you want me to say sorry for what I’ve done back in high school then okay, I’m sorry. Happy?”

“No, I’m not happy. Why did you do that in the first place? I didn’t bother you, nor spoke to you. And besides you always ignored me, like the majority in our school. Why did you suddenly decided to notice me and not only that but also started courting me when you planned to dump me for Eun Mi since the beginning? You could have gone straight to her and told her that you wanted to be her boyfriend. She wouldn't rejected you. Actually, she would have been happy.”

I said everything in one breath and I think he could sense the hurt in my voice but decided to ignore it.

But then, I definitely saw some emotion in his eyes, even if it was for a second. Or was it what I wanted to see?

Then it became silent again except for the street noise around us.  

“Let’s just head back home. I’m not in the mood for walks,” I said suddenly feeling tired.

“And what are we going to do in the apartment? We’ll hide in our rooms and we’ll pretend that the other is not around? No, I’m bored. Let’s go,” He took me by the wrist and started dragging me. “Where should we go? How does cinema sound to you?”

“Don’t want to…” I said with a pout.

“Then shopping?”

I think that he was having fun with me because I could feel the smile in his voice. Although I said that I wanted home in reality I didn’t want to go back. And I didn’t know why.

“If you’re paying.” I murmured quietly but loud enough for him to hear me.

“Okay then, we’re going to the mall.”

“Wait, aren’t we going to get your car first?” I asked him, pointing to my right.

“No, I haven’t walked around for a very long time.”

And like this in silence we walked to the nearest mall. The sun now was shining brightly and there weren’t any clouds in the sky.

 

**********

 

When we got to the mall there were already many people inside, shopping and having fun. Groups of teenagers in school uniforms were laughing and mothers scolding their kids not to touch the things in the shops.

While I was observing the others I realized that… the others were observing us. Some of them were pointing at us and smiling, or giggling, others were whispering something to the person next to them. And then I heard some of the whispers.

‘Look at them, they are so cuteee~!’

 ‘I wonder are they a couple.’

‘That guy is Oh Sehun, the CEO of Oh’s Corporation!’

‘He is so handsome!’

‘And the girl is gorgeous as well!’

I looked back at Sehun and noticed that he still holds my wrist.

*Did he just take hold of it, or he hasn’t let go?*

I averted my gaze towards his face.

*Did he became more handsome after high school or is it just my imagination?*

*I'm asking too many questions...*

He was looking ahead with a poker face, walking proudly, with straightened shoulders, ignoring all the gossip. I tried to shake his hand off my wrist but instead of letting it go he held my hand...

"I know this shop that my friend really likes and always drags me here with him, there's also a female section of clothes, I think you'll like it" he said, leading me to the shop.

 

**********

 

"Why don't you try and this one too?" Sehun asked me, showing me another dress and without waiting for my answer, giving it to the shop-assistant.

"Hmmm, it's nice, I like it and the material as well" I said, touching the dress, "But I don't need a dress..."

"Yes you do" he said and dragged me towards the fitting rooms, the assistant following us. "My birthday is this Sunday and my parents are throwing a big party for me with all our business partners and other important people, and you have to come, my beautiful fiancée" Sehun winked at me and blew me a kiss.

The lady had already hung the dresses in the fitting room and Sehun motioned for me to try them.

The first dress was short, barely covering my , black with a laced back. It was nice but way too short for my liking, and not very appropriate for this kind of party...

When I got out of the cabin to show the dress to Sehun, he had a frown on his face.

"No, I don't like it, it's too short, next one."

When I turned around to go back in the cabin, I saw that my cardigan was on the floor. When I bended to pick it up, I felt something rolling on the floor and hitting my boot. I looked down and saw a lip balm.

"Nabi, can you pick my lip balm?" I looked at Sehun and saw him smiling innocently at me, holding his phone.

I sensed something wrong but I let it go.

When I bended for the second time, I heard 'click' as if someone took a picture. And then it clicked to me...

"YAAAAH, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?!?!"

Sehun was laughing like a suffocating duck, almost lying on the couch and showing me the picture, where I was bended, my showing as well as my black laced thong bikini.

"HOW DARE YOU?!?!" I shouted, my face getting redder from embarrassment. "DELETE IT NOW!!"

"Okay, okay, calm down, I deleted it."

 

 **********

 

After that, there weren't any 'incidents' like that one later on. I tried so many dresses that in the near future I'll be dreaming nightmares with them...

Sehun gave the dress that we chose to the cashier and we continued our journey in the fashion world but this time we were searching for a suit for Sehun. And because he picked all the dresses that I tried it was my turn to look for suits for him. The problem was that for me, they were basically the same, so whatever I picked he didn't like and in the end we ended arguing if they were the same.

The shop assistant saw my struggle and decided to help me, while Mr. Oh Sehun walked behind us, arms crossed and looking at me with a judging look. Well, I'm sorry but I never chose suits!

After we looked through all the clothes in the shop, we ended up with 4 suits which Sehun took to the changing room while I sat down waiting for him.

"Not bad" I said without a bit of enthusiasm. The suit was navy blue with a white shirt. It didn't look bad on him bad but not that great. I mean it DID suit him but something was missing. Like it wasn't for him.

"You don't like it, next one" he said and quickly turned around to change.

The second one was... purple. I don't know why I chose it but I think I wanted to laugh a little bit at him. Not the suit on Sehun but his expression. It was like he had just eaten a lemon.

"You look like The Joker but without the makeup" I said barely holding my laughter.

"Laugh while you can" he said, looking at me with a death glare. Then he went to change again.

While I was waiting for his third appearance I saw someone familiar.
 

*Oh no! Why is he here?! What to do?? I have to hide! But where...*

  I saw him walking in my direction and in the last second I hurriedly went into a changing room...

Into Sehun's cabin....

 

 

 

"Yah! What are you doing here?! I'm not ready!"  Sehun looked at me in disbelief.

"Shhhhh!!" I putted my hand on his mouth to shush him. "I saw someone that I don't want to see"

"Who?" he grabbed my hand and moved it from his mouth to speak.

"Non of your business!"

"Ooooh, is that so? Then you just wanted to see me and thought of this?" Sehun asked me, smirking.

Just then I realized that he was half , wearing only the pants of the next suit.

I literally could feel my face burning.

When we were still in a relationship in high school, I never saw him shirtless. So this is my first time, obviously.

Sehun had always been a  skinny boy so I never imagined him having muscles. Well, I was wrong. Before I knew it I was trapped in the corner and had nowhere else to look at except for his torso.

His skin was pale just as his face, his body had the proportions of a model - slim waist and broad shoulders, long arms currently encaging me between him and the wall. But his muscles were the key point. He had a four-pack and a six-pack was making its way through. I think he was deliberately flexing them almost undetectable as if to tease me and I hate to admit it but it was working. He was delectable! I was disgusted and disappointed in myself... 

Somehow his face was even closer to mine than before and I could feel his warm breath on my lips. 

 "Come on, Nabi. Tell me or I'll think you're after me," he half-whispered, his minty breath intoxicating me. This made me look at him in the eyes though buy I think that was my next mistake - the smirk on his face and the way his eyes pierced me caught my breath and I wanted nothing more than to scratch his face with my nails for that.

Or strangle him.

But I couldn't bring myselfbto do any of that because of the lack of oxygen for exampls. My traitorous heart was beating fiercely against by ribs as I lifted up my shaky hands and tried to move him away. It didn't work of course - he was like a rock.

"And now you're feeling me up like this? If you wanted to do it, you should have just asked. I'm never the one to refuse a pretty girl."

While I was staring at him in disbelief, I didn't realize that he put his hands on my waist.

"Like what you see?" Sehun asked me, playful smirk spreading on his handsome face.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked him, removing his arms from my waist but he put them there again, this time hugging me. My hands were on his shoulders, fighting his embrace but he tightened it, making our bodies touch. His skin felt so soft under my hands, yet I could feel how his muscles tensed under my touch. From the mirror I could see our reflection. His hug looked... protective. Like he was trying to shelter me with his body.

"Nabi..." he whispered lightly in my ear making me shiver from his hot breath, "can you do me a favor?"

"W-what is it?"

"Wrap your hands around my neck, please."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

I hesitated. *Why does he suddenly what me to hug him?*

Slowly I lifted my  hands from his shoulders and wrapped them around his neck, like he wanted and he put his chin on my shoulder, tightening the hug even more if that was even possible. I can't explain how I felt, being once again in his arms. It felt so nice, secured, almost like home, things that I had always been feeling with Sehun but in the same time I felt desperation. Desperation because I couldn't forgive him yet for everything that he did in the past and in the same time it felt nice, being in his embrace. His cologne filled my system and made my body and brain sleepy and relaxed, but not my heart. It was beating really fast like I was in a race.

Some minutes later he slowly and reluctantly backed away from me, his hands remained on my waist as his thumbs caressed me through my clothes (... did I just wish they hadn't been in the way of his skin touching mine?!)

"Wait a little bit more here while I continue dressing."

I just nodded and he grabbed the shirt and putted it on.

This suit was gray and for some reason it made him look older. And it got a big 'NO' as well. The hope is on the last one that is black. I actually chosed it myself, without any help, so I had big hopes for it.

 

And I was right! ^^ The last one was amazing! It suited him perfectly, making him look very classy and rich (which he is already but still...)

We, no, Sehun bought the dress and the suit and we exited the shop. Then we went to look some more around the mall.

Sehun was messing with me, telling me how short I still am and bringing memories back from high school, like he was intentionally doing it.

And when I was about to answer him something smart, a very familiar voice called my name. Him.

"Nabi? Ji Nabi? Is that you?"