05

Two Souls

   05

 

 

 

His hands were holding my waist and his eyes were looking directly into mine.

His brown eyes.

How much I missed them.

How many years have passed since the last time I looked into them?

But now something was different. Before I could feel the coldness but now, they were somehow… warmer.

This was strange. He never looks at anybody with warmth. He never looked at me with warmth or at the other girls back then in high school.

"You missed me so much that you cannot take your eyes off me?" Sehun said with a smirk on his face.

"Keep on dreaming!" I said and tried to stand up but he held me tighter and didn't let me escape. Now his eyes were cold again.

Maybe it was just my imagination?

"Where do you want me to take you tomorrow? Cinema? Shopping? Dinner?"

"Nowhere!" I once again tried to stand up and he once again held me in place.

10 minutes had passed and all my attempts to break free failed miserably. In the end I just gave up and sat still in his lap while he was watching his movie peacefully. It was quite awkward, for me at least. Sitting in the lap of your ex and having him hugging you…

When his movie ended I was already asleep, my head leaning on his shoulder. But not in a deep sleep because I felt how Sehun lifted me up and carried me to my room. After that I don't remember anything.

 

On the next morning, I was wakened up by a loud clattering sound. After that it became silent once again.

I got up from the bed and exited my room only to be welcomed by the smell of something burnt, floating around the apartment.

When I entered the kitchen, the first thing that I saw was a huge mess. Smoke was coming from the sink, on the counter were scattered dirty bowls and pots. And of course, Sehun near the sink, looking at me with panicked look on his face.

"What did you do?!" I yelled sprinting to the sink.

"Breakfast and a small fire," he said with a little panic in his voice.

"Never. Ever. Try to do such thing again," I glared at him holding the pan that he destroyed with his attempt to do breakfast.

"Don't worry, I won’t," he crossed his arm and started heading out from the kitchen.

"Wait! Where are you going?" he just ignored me and kept on walking to his room. "Get back here and help me with the mess that you created!" I yelled louder, anger taking over me.

I guess he has never seen me in such state cause he stopped and looked at me.

"If I help you with the mess, will we go out on a date?" he asked me with his eyebrow raised up. What was wrong with him and why did he wants to take me on a date so badly?

"Fine! Now help me!"

 

*******************

 

After a good hour of scrubbing the kitchen it finally started shining once again.

Through the whole cleaning, the only thing in my mind was how much I want a good rain with a thunder storm so that Sehun wouldn’t have the chance to take me on his ‘date’. Why did suddenly he decide to take me on a date? I thought that he, just like me, didn’t want to marry.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud rain drops starting to hit the windows.

“It started raining?” Sehun stopped whipping the table and looked outside. I followed his gaze and really, it started raining, with every passed second more strongly.

Yes!

Slowly, the corners of my lips curled into a tiny smile.

“I guess that our date should be somewhere in-doors.” Sehun said, his voice sounding defeated.

And my tiny smile just fell off my face.

“Yeah…, I guess,” I said my voice sounding like there’s no life in me.

“Do you have some preferences?”

I looked at him confused.

“About where you want the date to be?”

“No.”

“Okay, since we still haven’t had our breakfast, I suggest we go to some restaurant first and eat and after that we can go and watch a movie or something like that, we’ll figure it out on the spot. Agreed?”

“Okay,” I said and we both headed to our rooms to dress up. Since it was raining and decided to dress more casually. I put on black leggings and a long, white tank top with some words on it and over the tank top - a black cardigan and for the shoes I chose black combat boots. For the make up, I made it more natural – BB cream, eyeliner, a little bit of mascara and a lip gloss. And for the hair, I braided it in a loose braid and put on a beanie.

 

*******************

 

30 minutes later we were in Sehun’s car, he was driving us to some restaurant. He was dressed simply – a simple black shirt, blue skinny jeans and sneakers – but never failing to look like a model.

There were many people walking down the streets with umbrellas, without being bothered by the rain. It was cool outside although it was summer. The sun was hidden by the heavy gray clouds in the sky. The whole atmosphere was more inherent for the autumn than summer.

While I was drowned in my thoughts, we arrived at a really small restaurant nestled in between two big shops.

When we entered a waitress with a kind smile welcomed us and leaded us to a small table near the windows. The atmosphere in the restaurant was cozy and almost every table was taken. The people were talking quietly creating a soft sound.

“Do you like it here?” suddenly Sehun asked me looking directly into my eyes.

“Yes, it’s nice,” I responded softly.

Just then another waitress came to take our orders.

“Welcome to “Blue sky” may I ta-a-a-a-a-ke your order.”

We both with Sehun looked at the waitress and when our eyes met mine became wide with shock.

“Hello, Eun Mi.”

Aka Enemy #1