04

Two Souls

   04

 

 
 
 
 

 

After Sehun leaves I make myself a cup of coffee, although I'm not a big fan of it. But with the yesterday’s “nice” surprise and with the same surprise living with me, I really feel the need for coffee.

For today I don’t have any plans or the mood for going outside, so staying at home and playing games or watching movies is the best choice.

When the coffee is ready I place it on the computer coffee table together with my phone and browse the web.

The whole apartment is dead silent, the windows are soundproof and the city noise stays outside the apartment. 

I’m playing The Sims in silence for an hour, completely concentrated on the game, when suddenly my phone rings and scares me the out.

 

I check the caller's ID and for my "surprise" it is Ji Hana - my sister.

Ever since we’ve been given phones she calls me at least 5 times a day and if I dare to ignore even one of her calls I'll receive 20 messages about how important is what she wants to tell me and how selfish is from me to ignore her and then dad will call me saying the same thing, which means that she called him as well, doesn't minding that he has job, and also dad will remind me that he has work to do and that he doesn't want to get distracted with our own problems...

But I blame mom and dad for pampering my sister a lot and turning her into a spoiled princess.

That’s why I'm forced to pick the phone and listen to the next "really important" thing that she needs to tell me.

"Good morning, my dear sister. How's living with one of the most gorgeous and rich people in Seoul?" she sing-songs.

 

"Awful."

"Why is that?"

"Isn't there something important you want to tell me?" after Sehun's mocking today, I don't want to receive more jocks so I decide to change the subject as fast as I can.

“Oh, yes,” I can sense she was smiling, it must be something important. “As you know I and Suho are engaged aaand…”

“Aaaaand?”

“We just set the date to our marriage! KYAAAA!!”

Okay, this time it’s indeed important.

 “Really? Congratulations! I wish you many happy moments together,” this brings back my mood.

I like Suho. He’s like a big brother to me, always caring. And sometimes he helps me with my problems. There aren’t many people out there right now who will listen to the others’ problems instead of minding theirs.

“We actually decided the date a week ago but now it’s official aaaand…”

I knew that there will be “aaand…”.

“I was thinking on starting searching for the perfect place from today…” I know where this is leading to. “And I’d like you to come with me. Today. I’ll come and pick you after an hour. Be ready!” aaaand… she hangs up.

Yep, I knew this was coming up. She wouldn’t just call me to tell about the date.

 

I look at the clock and see that it was 10 am.

“Aishhh” with a sigh I get up from the couch and start preparing myself.

Being the lazy person I am, I chose a white jumpsuit with black sandals and a simple black clutch bag.

My make-up is my everyday one - black eyeliner, dark brown eye shadows, tons of mascara to make my lashes more visible and some BB Cream. I leave my hair to fall on my shoulders and I am ready.

10 minutes later my phone rings.

I check the apartment for one last time and get out of the building. When I get inside the car I’m greeted with a big bear hug.

“So what’s the plan for today?” I ask Hana.

“I want to search for a place where we are going to hold the wedding. I think that this is more important for now”.

“I thought that you’re going to look for place with Suho. I mean he’ll be your husband so doesn’t that mean that you should go with him? Actually shouldn’t you both choose everything except the dress? ” I ask her totally confused.

“Well, yes, but Suho is busy at work and I didn’t want to bother him with this. Later when I find the top-ones that I like the best I’ll show them to him.”

“Okay then. Let’s go.”

*******************

 

"So, did you like any of the places?" I ask Hana, while eating my ice cream.

We have been searching for a hall for nearly the whole day and now we are sitting in a small ice cream shop, resting.

It’s harder than I thought it would be (the hardest part is the walking around). 

We’ve seen many places and we’ve picked our top 3.

“I think that the last one is big enough to fit all of your guests.” 

“Yes, I also think this way but…” she answers me looking lost in her thoughts.

“What?”

“I want something a little bit unique,” she says poking her ice cream with the spoon.

“How about the aquarium or under the water?” I say trying to keep my laughter. “Or the zoo?”

She gives me the are-you-serious look.

“Okay, okay. Then, how about the beach?”

Hana looks at me for a few seconds before she exclaims, “This is an amazing idea!” You can see sparkles in her eyes. “I’m definitely going to tell Suho about this!”

 

********************

 

After a while more talking and discussion she drives me home.

When I enter the apartment Sehun is already there, sitting on the couch and watching TV.

“Where have you been?” he asks me right after I close the door.

“Outside. Obviously,” I answer him casually.

Why should I give him a report anyways?

“Well I’m your soon-to-be-husband so obviously I’m curious. Dating your boyfriend?”

“I was out with my sister. And I don’t have a boyfriend,” I tell him coldly.

“Why is that?”

“Why do you care?”

“I already told you. I’m your soon-to-be-husband.”

“So what?” I ask him raising my eyebrows.

“Let’s go on a date tomorrow. So that we can know a more about each other. Or so I can know a bit more the new you. Because I guess you’ve changed over the years. I can barely recognize you,” he says smirking at me.

Right now I want to punch him in the face so hard. Is he playing with me? Of course I’ll change over the years! I won’t stay the same for ever, being one of his fan girls. When I think about this now, how stupid was I actually back then?

Falling in love with him and letting him use me the whole time? How could I fall in his trap?

He was a kingka in the school, while I was a nerd. Well as everyone else I was also ‘in love’ with him. Every time when I saw him or he looked at my direction my heart would skip a beat, you know, the usual things.

But when he chose me as his girlfriend I was probably the happiest person in the whole, entire world.

But why me? Back then it never crossed my mind. He could have any girl that he wanted, yet he chose me. Why?

I’ve never really asked myself. So when he broke up with me my heart turned into pieces and I cried the Han River. After that everyone at school kept mocking me and I just ignored them. What else I could do?

And so high school was over. The summer before I entered collage I changed. I was barely recognizable. The pieces of my heart healed together and my love faded away.

 

 

In the end I decide to ignore him. There’s no way that I will go on a date with him again.

I’m heading to my room without answering him. But when I pass by him, he quickly grabs my wrist and pulls me to him. I close my eyes and when I open them I’m sitting in Sehun’s lap.