02

Two Souls


  02

 

 

 

 

WHAT?!”

I almost shout with my eyes wide from shock. Me to marry this jerk? No way! Never in a million years! I even don’t want to be in the same room as him and my dad wants me to marry him! This is not going to happen!

“Listen dear, I know that you aren’t in a good terms with Sehun but to combine the two companies means to combine Korea’s two most powerful enterprises and that would increase our profit multiple times. You know we only want what’s best for you and besides – your sister is already engaged.”

“But what about me?! You never even asked me if I wanted to get married let alone married with him! “ I say as I point at Sehun.

My father lets out a deep sigh and spins in his chair towards the window wall. There is silence for a few moments before he spins back with a smile on his face.

“How about this – you two will live together for six months,” I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off, “ah, ah, ah, let me finish. You will live together for six months and then I will ask you again if you’re willing to marry Sehun.”

“But I don’t even want to get near him and you want me to live with him! How do you expect me to interact with this low scu-“

“Don’t you dare finish that! You will live with him for six months. No objections! You haven’t even given him a chance. People change, you know.”

“Yes, I know because I did. And he was the reason,” I feel my face getting hotter and hotter form the anger inside me. I can’t believe that my parents would do this to me! Yes, I’ve expected an arranged marriage at some point but this is far beyond that. They want me to marry the devil. How can I when I want to throw up by just the thought of him.

“Ji Nabi, I said no objections and that’s final!”

I stay silent for half a minute, my father watching my every move.

I don’t want to live with him! I don’t want to be in the same building with him!

Even if I accept living with Sehun for six months, it won’t change my mind. I still will be protesting about the marriage… But at least I’ll have a chance to think of a way NOT marring him.

Has he really changed?

100% no!

But people deserve a second chance, right?

But what if the person hurt you really badly in the past…?

“Fine! But if after these six months I still don’t want to marry him, and believe me, I won’t want to; you’ll stop bugging me with this marriage!” I finally make my decision.

I will live with him but I’ll try my best to ignore him every time I have the opportunity. And besides, I don’t think that he’ll pay any attention to me too. He is probably going to ignore me as well. And in this case it’s going to be easy to avoid talking to him. I only have to bear with his persistence.

“Very well. Then I’ll call someone to pack all your clothes so that you two can move to your new apartment.”

I can’t believe that I’m actually agreeing on this!

 

******************

 

Right now I’m standing together with Sehun in front of a skyscraper.

It’s in the center of the city where there are banks, large companies, offices which means noise, many people and cars. Everything that I want to escape.

From what dad said, we’ll be living on the 44th floor (at least there will be a beautiful view), we’ll be all alone in the whole apartment, which I don’t think will be small, we’ll have to attend parties and more or less try to act like a couple (because after six months we’ll have to marry).

Dad’s other secretary, Ms Lee (which was younger and much stricter than Ms Park) had to bring us here. She walks ahead of us and we just silently follow her to the elevators. When we get in and the doors close there is an awkward atmosphere.

“All your belongings will arrive a little bit later. The apartment is ready to be used; if you need anything else you can call me.” Ms Lee says when we enter the apartment. It is huge with a breath taking view! It even has a second floor.

On the first floor are the kitchen, the living room (where you go when you enter) and a library.

On the second floor there are four bedrooms, and every one of them has its own bathroom and closet. Above the living room there is an inner terrace surrounding the whole floor and you can see the whole first floor of the flat from there.  

We look around and the whole place is amazing. I choose a not really big bedroom for myself but it’s glamorous. The walls and the ceiling are white while the floor is black, imitating wood. One of the walls is like a dark mirror, the curtains are black and the bed is queen-sized in white color and on each side there are black night stand lamps.  The bathroom which is with the bedroom is also in black and white. 

*sigh* I told you this was going to be a ty day but at least I get an awesome house!

I am so tired so I go back into my bedroom, change into my pajamas and go straight to bed.  Even though stupid Sehun is trying out his speakers in his room, and I think he purposely makes so much noise, my brain just wants to shut off so it does, taking me from this unwanted reality that is my life now.

 

******************

 

In the first few seconds after I wake up I think I was still in my old bed, in my old place but then it all comes in and I groan. I slowly make my way to the bathroom and after I get ready I go to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Toasts are easy to make so be it. I’m thinking if I should make some for Sehun too and since I am supposed to be his "wife" (phahaha xD) I decide to do so.

When I set the table, I go to his door and knock a few times. No answer.

"Yah, Sehun, wake up. Breakfast is ready," after I say that some inhumanly noise comes from the room like a... like a dinosaur hit by a meteor. I knock a few more times and the same reaction follows. "Why am I even dealing with you? Ugh."

I make my way to the kitchen again and take my seat on the counter.

A few minutes later his door opens and the dinosaur comes out... almost like from its egg - he is half , wearing only his black boxers; his blond hair is disheveled and he is coming towards me bear footed. His body is perfect for my taste (what?!) - not too muscular but also not too slim and flat. He is pale white, his legs are long and his waist has a nice curve to it (someone please slap me, why am I even saying this?!!!).

Oh God, what did I do to deserve this?! Why do I have to live with this douchebag? What have I gotten myself into?...