01

Two Souls

           01 

 

 

 

Sometimes your life can change for seconds.

You get up in the morning, you see that the sun is shining bright, there are no clouds in the sky and you think that nothing will ruin your day.

Life is not every time a beautiful dream or a living hell. Life is what we create. We decide who will we be and who will be our friends. Everything that we do leads us to different paths and if we don’t like something in our lives we always put the blame on life or fate.

Most of us never look at themselves, whether they are wrong or right. And we most of the time, if not always, “judge the book by its cover”. We never try looking at the person’s soul and see what kind of person he or she is.

We are humans and we make mistakes. Everyone makes them. But not everyone forgives the others' mistakes.

My name is Ji Nabi and I’m a second child in a family of a businessman . My sister, Hana, is older than me and after a few months, she’ll be the new leader of our family company.

Being the second child, not only in a business family, is not that bad. Yes, you don’t get much attention as you would like to but I guess I like it more like that. I don’t blame mom or dad for always working and not giving me enough attention. But I blame them for giving me money or unnecessary things that I don’t need or like.

When you see "rich" what is the first thing that comes in your mind? Spoiled, arrogant, selfish, thinks that he/she is better than everyone else, act like a prince/princess?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not like that. Unfortunately Hana most of the times acts like that. You'd definitely hate her (unless you didn't see what's inside).

It's getting boring right?

I'll start from the begging.

Today is Friday 13th. I don't believe in bad luck or that on this day something bad will happen and in other stuff like this. For me Friday 13th is as normal as every other day. Nothing special.

But when my dad woke me up with a surprising call early in the morning, and told me with his firm voice to come to the company because he has something important to tell me, it kind of scared me a little bit.

I got up from bed and made myself breakfast with hot chocolate.

I'm not a big fan of the coffee. I can survive without drinking it but sometimes the need of something to keep me awake (for finishing a book, for example) is too strong.

My friends tell me that I have many weird habits...

One of my “weird” habits is that if I’m not in a hurry I’ll read at least 20 pages of a book. I don’t think that this is weird. Some people are watching TV or listen to music, why can’t I read a book?




 

After finishing my breakfast (without the book) I decided to take a shower. Bathing in the morning always somehow calms me down. Usually my record for fast showering is 20 minutes but when I want to stay longer I can stay for hours. One time, after my sister's birthday, I had this huge hangover (because I normally don’t drink) and I stayed under the water for 4 hours! (don't ask me how I found out about this).

Anyway, after my dad’s call I just wanted to finish this as soon as possible. Somehow I could feel that something was going to ruin my day.

Since I was going to my father’s company I decided to dress more formal. I chose a business knee length pencil dress with lace crochet in white and black  with black and white stiletto shoes also corset like. I slightly curled my long brown hair and let it fall on my shoulders. I put on a darker makeup and -colored lipstick. When I was ready my phone rang again, signaling me that my dad’s personal driver was here to pick me up and drive me to the company. I grabbed my phone, my sunglasses and my handbag and locked the front door of my apartment.

“Good morning, Mr. Kim,” I greeted the driver when I got inside the car.

“Good morning, Ms. Ji,” he greeted me back with a smile. “How was your week?”

“Pretty much the same” I said with a sigh. “Do you know by any chance, why does my father want to see me?”

“No, Ms Ji,” he answered me, looking at the road.

After that in the car fell silence.

The ride to the company was quite long. It is almost in the “heart” of Seoul and my apartment is around the edge of the city. I like living there, it’s quiet and there aren’t many people around.

Growing in a rich family and attending many parties, around me, there were many people and it was always noisy. That’s why I decided long ago that when I start living alone, I’ll live in a quiet place.

While I was sunk in my thoughts we arrived at the destination place. Like I said earlier the company is near the “heart” of Seoul. Dad rules over the ‘Samsung’ company. It’s the second biggest company in South Korea. The biggest one almost in the world is the Oh’s Corporation. They have many other small companies inside, including an airline plane, Cars Company and many others.

When I entered the building, there were many people in black and white business suits. It was really depressing to see all those people always dressed the same, always hurrying somewhere.

I headed towards the elevator and pressed the button to the last floor. There was my dad’s office. The walls in the whole floor were windows and you could see the city. It’s extremely beautiful in the night when all the lights of the other buildings are on.

It’s a breath taking view.

Outside my dad’s office one of his secretaries, Ms Park, was waiting for me. She had been working here for almost 10 years and knew everything about the company.

“Hello, Nabi,” she greeted me with her bright smile. “How are you?”

“Hello, Ms Park,” I smiled at her and greeted her back. “I’m fine, how about you?”

“I’m also okay, your dad is waiting for you,” she stood up from her chair and led me to my father’s office. She then informed him that I was here and opened the door for me.

“Thank you,” I smiled at her again and entered the room. Inside there were a men beside my dad and a women. When I entered the women immediately turned towards me and bowed, while the man reminded sitting in his position in the chair in front of my dad’s desk, his back facing me.

After a few seconds he also turned towards my direction and flashed me a daring smile. I couldn’t believe my eyes!

Oh. Freaking. Sehun.

I told you something was going to ruin my day, didn’t I?

“Good morning, darling,” my dad greeted me and pointed towards the chair next to Sehun’s. “Have a seat.”

“Not so good anymore,” I murmured under my breath and headed towards the chair. Sehun once again was looking in front of him, like I wasn’t there.

“You know that I like to get straight to the point,” my dad started talking immediately after I sat down. “I, your mother and Sehun’s parents want you two to get married.”

... So here I am, on Friday 13th, and I'm starting to think this may not be just a coincidence.