chapter 5

Hello (안녕)

A/N: I gave a name to the oc bc it felt weird saying _____-ah lol sorry. Kwon. Min. young. Lol. Yay.

 

      Himchan still came into your workplace even though you were someone else’s.

      He would say to his friends that you were just someone he wanted to play with, that you were just a fling, or that you were just another girl he wanted to flirt with; but he knew that was lying.

      You meant more than that to him even before everything. You just didn’t know.

      Of course you didn’t know. Himchan cruelly thought. He tries to laugh to cheer himself up, but it just came out as a cold sneer that ended up mocking himself.

      A knock on his door snaps him out of his train of endless thoughts, “hyung, noona told me that lunch is ready.” The tall maknae quietly says, before leaving.

      Himchan had the thought of just skipping out on dinner, but that would just be plain rude. it up, he sits up from his bed and drags himself to the kitchen to eat.

      Going down the hallway just seemed like too much work; he would try his best to avoid you whenever you came over.

      Himchan passes by yongguk’s bedroom, and he sees the door slightly open.

      On a normal basis, himchan would just continue on with his broken heart, but this time, a giggle stopped him from moving any further.

      Turning his head to his right, he sees you sitting on yongguk’s lap as he has his strong arms wrapped around your waist.

      He sees his best friend snuggle his head into your back while you have a pair of headphones on; yongguk is probably showing you his newest work.

      “So, how is it?” yongguk mutters and you let out another giggle.

      “I like it.” You press the song on repeat and you close your eyes to savor three more minutes of the beautiful music yongguk has created.

      Himchan couldn’t stand looking or hearing anymore. He snaps his head forward again and continues to head down the kitchen. He refuses to let you get in between his and yongguk’s friendship, but it looks like you already have.

      “Wah, dinner looks great!” daehyun praises you and you just wave your hand humbly.

      “It is nothing, it is just some soup and rice. Eat a lot!” you smile to the boys and they dive into your homemade food with empty stomachs.

      Himchan slightly pokes his rice, not having an appetite anymore after seeing you and yongguk. He knows for two years you and him have been together, but sometimes seeing the truth just hurts more than hearing it; that is why he always avoided you.

      “Himchan oppa, why aren’t you eating?” you have a strange edginess to your voice. Himchan looks up at you, and your full lips have turned into a straight line of disappointment.

      “Ah, I’m on a diet.” Himchan lamely excuses, and you stand up from the dinner table.

      “Min young, where are you going?” Himchan straightens up as he watches you leave the table.

      “I will make you something better to eat.” You say with a dissatisfied tone and himchan stands up to try and stop you.

      “No, really, I mean it is okay I—“ you ignore him and pull out some buckwheat noodles you brought.

      “Just sit down, I am already cooking.” You mindlessly say while you quickly throw together a specially prepared meal for himchan.

      Himchan reluctantly sinks back down into his chair, and he feels himself grow smaller while s judge him.

      “Aish, what are you doing?” yongguk slaps himchan’s arm, making him jolt up.

      “I didn’t mean to.” He mutters the apology under his breath.

      In a matter of minutes, a bowl was presented in front of himchan and you give an empty stare at him.

      “Eat,” is all you say before returning back to your seat next to yongguk.

      A heavy atmosphere hangs in the air, but most of the members didn’t realize because they were too busy having third helpings to their famished self.

      Himchan picks up his chopsticks and slowly pokes the bowl of noodles in front of him.

      Unable to stand him anymore, you dismiss yourself from the table without a word.

      “Min young, wait!” yongguk yells after you but you storm into your boyfriend’s bedroom and slam the door shut.

      “What just happened?” a confused daehyun looks up from his half finished bowl and yongguk just takes a heavy sigh in response.

      “It’s nothing.” Yongguk stands up and lets the chair legs let out a screech across the hard tile floor.

      He pursues after you and himchan doesn’t touch the food because he knows this is his entire fault.

      Himchan pushes the bowl away from him and brushes his pants to get the non-existing dust off of him, “You guys can finish eating.” Himchan smiles his way out.

      He slowly walks on the tips of his toes and leans his head closer to hear the conversation.

      “Why are you even best friends with that guy? He is just so, UGH!” you wave your hands in a distressed manner. Himchan knew immediately that you both were talking about him.

      “Come on, you have to get to know him. He is a great guy.” Yongguk attempts to convince you but you shake your head.

      “He is a player, I see it all the time when I go to work! He flirts with any woman that has two legs! He thinks he is just so charming that he can get away with it!” you rant and yongguk puts both of his hands on both sides of your arms.

      “Calm down, you are overreacting.” Yongguk bluntly tells you straight in the eye and you scoff.

      “Trust me, ever since he walks in where I work, I see him just playing with every poor girl’s heart out there.” You mumble in annoyance, because you almost became one of those poor girls.

      “Okay, that’s It.” Yongguk stomps his way towards the door and himchan begins to panic so he quickly pulls out his phone to pretend he was busy instead of eavesdropping.

      “You, here.” Yongguk beckons himchan over, and himchan furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

      When himchan didn’t move, yongguk pulls himchan by the arm and pushes him into his bedroom.

      “What the—“ himchan wasn’t able to finish his sentence before the door closes shut in his face.

      “Yah, this isn’t funny.” Himchan calls out and tries to push the door open but it wouldn’t budge.

      “I am locking you and Minyoung in her until the both of you reconcile or something, I can’t stand seeing my best friend and girlfriend like this.” Yongguk shouts and himchan hears the echoes of his heavy footsteps start to fade.

      “Come on, let’s go to practice.” Yongguk says harshly.

      “But what about himchan hyung?” zelo mentions and yongguk waves him off.

      “He can go one day without practice. Let’s go.” Yongguk finalizes and soon enough, himchan and you hear the front door slam and silence throughout the dorm.

      “Aish, I am going to get so behind with everything.” Himchan complains and leans his head against the door.

      “Stop whining.” You bluntly say, and himchan lightly flinches at your harsh words.

      A staring contest between you and himchan begins with the tense silence gently wandering through the air.

      You look at him with a hint of disgust glistening in your eye. Himchan takes note of all the annoyance and repulsion you have for him. He gazes back at you, but with pity painting his whole face; pity for himself.

      Himchan gives in and is the first to look away, because if he looked any longer, he would feel more and more sorry for himself. “Why do you hate me so much?” himchan is barely heard, because he is quite afraid of your answer.

      “I don’t hate you.” Your arms cross over your chest, and you continue to glower down himchan with the same look you had given him for two years. “I simply hate the way you act and your habits.”

      “What about my habits?”

      “How you always play around with girls so easily, it is sickening how you think someone’s feelings are so easy to get to.” You seem to spit the words out at him as if it was poison.

      Himchan bites his lips so he won’t blurt out the truth and ruin the perfect life you have. “Oh, sorry.” Himchan says with defeat in his voice, but you misinterpret it as indifference.

      “Wow, you really are amazing.” himchan quickly shuts his eyes so he could stop the tears threating to fall down. “So, why do you even care what I think?”

      “I am just trying to get along with you just like yongguk asked for.” Himchan knew it was more than that, way more than that.

      “Look, I know you aren’t a bad person. I just don’t like the way you act.” With your straightforward words, himchan felt his whole heart go numb.

      More tranquility drifts between the both of you before himchan decides to break the ice with a sigh, “Let’s at least just act like friends when yongguk and the rest of them get back, okay?”

 

A/N: I haven’t updated in so long and I give you this short chapter. IM SORRY OTL