chapter 2

Hello (안녕)

A/N: ugh I hate being sick… I don't want break to end T____T

 

      Bang yongguk; the name that has been stuck in your head this whole week. You felt blessed on how you were able to meet such a sweet man, and he were very open-minded with you. The day he introduced himself to you, was when he asked to exchange numbers with you. You saw no harm in it; you wanted to get closer to this man.

      “Bang yongguk, bang yongguk, bang yongguk.” you kept whispering the name to yourself, and each time you said it, the more you smiled. You cleaned the table at the coffee shop, with a distracted gaze in your eyes.

      Himchan observed your actions, and you weren't paying much attention to what you are doing. It was as if you were in a trance.

      “Would you like to order anything?” your co-worker again attempted to flirt with himchan with an annoying aegyo voice.

      “Ah, aniyo. Actually it has been almost three months since I have been coming here, and i haven't really got to know your name.” Himchan smiled, and it looked as if your co-worker will faint any moment.

      “I am Park Jin hee! I mean you can call me just Jin hee, no need to be formal, or you can call me your girlf—“ your coworker paused and covered . Himchan couldn't help but chuckle a little.

      “Okay, Jin hee-ah.” Himchan smirked a little when he saw her reaction.

      “I mean like—“ she attempted to make a conversation, but a glass shattering filled the small shop.

      Himchan looked passed Jin hee and saw you on the floor picking up the sharp shards.

      “Aish, she is so stupid.” Jin hee muttered and she charged her way towards you. “Yah! You are so clumsy, what is wrong with you?” Jin hee yelled, but you ignored her.

      “Sorry, I’m cleaning it.” you spoke in a monotone voice, and you didn't even look at her in the eye.

      “Yah, when I speak you are supposed to look at me! This little—“ she was about to push you onto the floor, but himchan arrived just on time.

      “Are you okay?” Himchan asked with concern as he helped you clean up.

      Jin hee scoffed and was clearly annoyed. “Mr. Kim, you don’t need to help this stupid girl.” but Himchan shook his head in protest.

      “It is okay, I want to help.” Jin hee clutched her fist and marched her way to the back of the shop.

      “I’m okay. Customers shouldn't be helping with this kind of thing.” You continued to pick the shards up and you tried to push Himchan out of your way, but it didn't really work.

      “No, I want to help.” Himchan carried on to help you, but you rolled your eyes.

      “yah, himchan-ssi you really—“ but you stopped midway with a small wince. You looked at your of your hand, and you see a clean cut running down your palm.

      “Aish, you really are stupid. Yah, come closer to me.” He ordered but you gave him a weird look.

      “I am fine. I can take care of myself.” you tried to defend but himchan already grabbed your hand and pulled you up from the floor.

      He dragged you to the bathroom, and he the sink and let the warm water run while he squirted tons of soap on you.

      “YAH, it hurts!” you hiss and you try to pull your hand away, but he had a strong grip on you.

      He continued to let the warm water rinse the cut on your hand, until he thought that it was clean enough.

      Himchan grabbed some nearby paper towels and applied pressure to your hand. A few minutes passed, and he pulled out his wallet and he had a few band-aids stashed in there.

      “Why do you have band-aids there?” you ask, a little more weirded out on how he carries around band-aids like that.

      “You never know when you need them, like now.” Himchan smiled brightly, and he gently put the band-aid on your wound.

      “There… now it is all good!”

 

      You went the whole day trying to ignore Himchan, but he was so persistent on trying to get your attention.

      So when your shift ended, you grabbed your coat and said your farewells to your co-workers.

      Himchan immediately threw money on the table and dashed after you; because he loved to see where you would go.

      “Min young-ah, wait up!” he says, but you continue to walk away. He easily catches up with you because he has way longer legs than you. You stopped in your tracks and you look at him.

      “What do you want from me?” you whined.

      “I just want to be with you!” He said, and you let out a long sigh.

      “No, like why do you always try to talk to me? I am such a to you! Why are you so determined to have my attention?” you complain, but himchan shrugs.

      “There is something I like about you, you are really pretty and it seems like you have such a kind heart. I want to know more about you.” He says thoughtfully.

      “Okay then.” you say and turn your tracks away from him.

      “Wait! I saved your hand today, don't I get a reward?” he pulled on your arm, so you wouldn't walk further away from him.

      “I didn't ask you to help Me.” you reply coldly.

      “Well, anyway, let’s have a deal. Let me take you out for one day, and I will show you I’m not a mean person you think I am!” he negotiates, but you shake your head.

      “No.” you turn away but Himchan still holds onto you.

      “Please?” He pouted, and you had to admit, you felt your will break when you saw his sad look.

      “Fine, I will take you out for dinner right now, and for this whole week, don’t annoy me.” You tried to negotiate.

      “Well, what is your definition of annoying?”

      “No shouting out my name while I work, no trying to make a conversation with me, no following me, just don’t talk to me. Okay?” himchan looked a bit hesitant to agree, but he gradually nodded his head in agreement.

      On cue, you felt your phone ring.

      “Yobesayo?” you answer, and himchan attempts to lean closer to you to try and see who the caller is.

      “uh, Min young-ssi?” a deep voice said that you immediately recognized.

      “Anneyonghasaeyo! How are you?” you smile to yourself, and himchan leans closer to see who the unknown person is.

      “I just wanted to know, if you, I don't know, maybe like hang out? Like it is almost dinner, so, like, uh…” Yongguk stammered through the phone.

      “Uh, well I have a friend with me right now…” and you see himchan smile like an idiot to himself that he is close enough for you to call him a “friend”.

      “Well, can’t we all meet up then? I know an awesome ramen place to go to, I will text you the address!” Yongguk said excitedly, but before you could reply, he hung up and you saw your phone instantly receive a new message.

 

      You awkwardly sit next to himchan at the small table, while you both wait for yongguk to arrive.

      “So, I have been so curious, how old are you? I mean, you look younger than me, but I am curious.” himchan props his arm on the table with his head on top, he stares at you and smiles waiting for your answer.

      “Uh, I am ’92 liner…” you cautiously say and himchan smiles even more.

      “Then you should call me oppa!” he recommends and you give a disgusted look at him.

      “Uh yea, sure.” and you look away from him with a strange expression on your face.

      Yongguk rushes into the restaurant, and he takes off his hat and jacket. “Sorry I’m late, I had to— Himchan?” yongguk exclaimed and looks at the man in front of him.

      “Yongguk?” Himchan smiles and stands up from his seat to greet yongguk.

      “Yah, so you are the friend min young-ah has been talking to.” Himchan laughs and yongguk laughs along with him.

      You stare at them while they continue to laugh at the coincidental fate. “Uh, sorry to interpret the moment, but how do you know each other?” you ask, and himchan speaks up.

      “We are trainees with each other!” Himchan exclaims and you tilt your head, not understanding anything.

      “Trainee, do you know what it is?” yongguk asks, and you shake your head.

      “Don’t worry, you will learn when we get famous in a couple of months!” himchan laughs and yongguk slapped him on the back.

      “Yah, don’t jinx it!” yongguk jokes and he sat down in the seat across from you, while himchan made his way back next to you.

      “So now you have learned something new about us, tell us something about you!” yongguk continued to smile at you.

      You would have shyly said that there is nothing to know about you, but the curiously cute smile yongguk had couldn't make you say no.

      “Uhm, well I am 20 years old and I just got accepted into an university for traditional music. I got a full scholarship.” You shyly admitted and you can hear them stare at you in amazement.

      “Really? What school?” Himchan asks, a bit more anxious to hear your answer.

      “I am not telling you! There isn't much more to know about me!” you begin to shy away again, but thank god yongguk saved you.

      “It is her personal life, let’s order now!” yongguk smiles and picks up the menu.

 

      Yongguk flops onto his bed in the dorm, and himchan laughs at his best friend.

      “Wah, dinner was really good!” yongguk said, but it seemed that he was thinking of something else.

      “Of course, it is because you love ramen!” himchan explained, but yongguk shook his head.

      “Not just the food. It is her!” yongguk exaggerated on the last word, “she is so… so… she is just everything I wished for! How do I get rid of this fast beating of my heart?” yongguk seemed to be talking to himself rather than himchan.

      Himchan laughed, because he really doesn't know what to respond.

      “Yah Himchan, this is the first time I felt like this about someone, so quickly… Call me crazy, but I want to ask her out. Like on a date, so I can get to know her better. Can you help me?” Yongguk asked genuinely. Himchan rather just say no and that he had liked you first, but how can he say no to his best friend?

      “Sure thing!” Himchan pretends to say cheerfully, when he rather be the one to ask you out.

      “You are the best!” Yongguk excitedly hugs Himchan. Yongguk lays back down on his bed with a smile of bliss, and he shuts his eyes shut.

      “I don’t think I can sleep when I am this happy…” Yongguk mutters and himchan laughs half-heartedly. He won’t be able to sleep either, knowing that you would be yongguk’s soon.