Epilogue.

Sad Flower
It's summer again. 
 
It's been five years, since you've left us. For the afterlife. Five years since you took your last breath, since I last saw your beautiful face, since I last saw you. In five years, you'll never believe what happened. I want to tell you so much, but since you're not physically here with me, I'll share it with you here. Here in an open space. 
 
Here at your memorial. 
 
This tree has grown tall and elegant, just like how I remember you. It's shady, like an umbrella. And it has never changed. Like when I first came here to see you. I remember investing some money with Jongdae hyung and the boys to plant this small tree back then so we can easily spot your grave, and it wasn't a bad choice after all. It's summer again, and today, is your birthday. 
 
Happy Birthday, Gina Kim. I love you, and I miss you. 
 
First of all, I'm sorry. I'm sure you're watching all of us from above, and I'm very certain that you would want to whack me in the face right now. That's right. I didn't become a pilot. Maybe it's because I got bored halfway while studying and preparing for the finals. The other boys too. Jin hyung wears glasses, so that's already a turn-off point. And I guess, we're better off pursuing music. I'm not sure but I hope you're proud of us. Actually, while we were preparing for out finals at the academy, we were trainees as well. At Bighit entertainment. Getting ready to debut as Bangtan Boys, or BTS, or 방탄소년단. I still remember the day you left us. I think it was a week, a week after all of us debuted. It's June, am I right? Ahh, I've lost track about the dates, but my tracks and mixtapes are literally on fire right now! We're all living well, as idols. And we've received many awards, from debut until today. It made all of us happy. Including mom, and the rest residing in Daegu. You remember them, right? Thankfully, after I've settled down, things at home settled down as well. It's all fine now. Everyone is happy. Mom always ask me why I'm standing at the back when I receive awards with the boys, and the truth is, I can't help it but think of all the hardships we went through to receive the humble award. Then I would think of you. I would always imagine you watching from backstage, or from the side audience, or maybe at home, and then I'd receive a text from you. You'd say that you're proud of me, you would congratulate me, you'd promise that I'd receive a present from you when I reach home. 
 
But hey, let's face it. That will never happen. 
 
And guess what? I still remember seeing you sleeping peacefully in your casket. You were wearing a beautiful white dress. It was beautiful, it looked like a simple wedding dress. On your head, you were donning a flower crown, and you smell like daisies, literally. I've never seen such a beautiful angel sleeping peacefully. You were smiling, my love. Your cheeks, red and rosy. You looked human. Everyone wanted to smile with you, but they couldn't. Including myself. I've always been telling you that you're beautiful, and I really mean it. I can't see you, but I know, you listening as well, right? 
 
Secondly, here's an update on our lives. Five years without you, and so many things had happened. Apart from the debut of BTS, Kris & Luhan ge took a break from Exo. Their health conditions are not as good, and they're healing well. They're doing other things too, and I'm glad that they are able to achieve mich more. Tao decided to join the path as well as his injuries are worrying his parents, and he's even studying in Los Angeles! I can't remember. Exo is also popular, you have no idea now popular Jongdae hyung is now. He's also called Chen, you know that right? And he's about to get married soon to. Amazing, isn't it? Summary of what happened was, five years ago, Exo used to perform at this hospital centre and he met Zhang Yilin noona, another volunteer. They still volunteer there, but since their schedules are packed, it's not as frequent as before (claimed by your lovely brother). Well, things started working out from there. It started even when you were still alive. They always greet each other since then and Yilin noona once even accepted his offer to do a duet. It's called Breath and it is really, a beautiful song. I guess you can say the chemistry strated from there. And when you passed on, she gave him a lot of strength, hope, and encouragement. Thanks to all of that, they're finally tying the knot this winter. Preparations are being done well, from both sides of the family. Your parents? They're residing here in Korea now. No more running to the States because they plan to have a quiet life here and watch Jongdae grow old since they weren't able to do that for 18 solid years. I guess, it's a beautiful time for then to bond because the first few weeks were plain awkward. Even for me. Your mom was grieving all day and night. Until one day, she decided to do something about it. With the support of so many people around her, she is as healthy and happy as ever. It's all okay now. They're like my parents here in the city, since Daegu is far away and I can't make it home due to heavy schedules. 
 
There was also a love triangle. Between who? Between Jimin, Xiumin hyung and this girl named Jin Zhang Ru Wei. It was crazy! Jin is from Singapore and she opens a cat shop here. Well that was five years ago. Today, her shop has changed into a hospital, not only for cats, like before, but for other animals as well, which has been abused and mistreated by their owners. Majority of her attention is still focused to cats, but recently, there are more puppies in her hospital as well. And Jimin has been helping a lot as well. Aish, that punk. Here was what happened. Jin and Xiumin hyung were lovers from the past. They used to meet up alot and Xiumin hyung was the one who helped her alot when she just started the clinic, at that point of time. They were happy soulmates, when one day, Xiumin hyung decided to call it quits because of company dating issues. Broken hearted girl, she devoted all her time to her cats and then one day, barabarabam, she met Jiminnie because Jiminnie found a cat and he brought the cat, named Park Jimin, to her clinic. It started there I guess, during school, he would skip a period or two to go for small lunch dates with her, at her clinic, because he knows how much of a workaholic she is. Until he found out about Xiumin hyung, because hyung tried reconciling with her. It was crazy. I think it happened a year after you passed on. So many arguments happened, like a drama, two guys fighting for a girl. One to mend a broken relationship, another to start and maintain a current friendship. Fist fights everywhere. At that time, relationship between the two were bad. Jinnie was at a loss of words but her heart was towards Jiminnie, aigoo. She saw how he didn't give up despite all the threats and how he still continued to care for Jimin the cat, and Jin herself. Xiumin hyung saw this, and he let go. I have no idea how, but I guess it's the type where second-lead in drama let go of their crush because she is madly in live with the main. That kind of ending. Adds in bgm and cgs for you hehe. During your funeral, she came to see you. She cried too. Jimin hugged her duh, because she came with us at that time. So now Jin is happy with Jimin, and bless the rule where the company do not restrict us from dating. They are a hot issue now, even I myself is jealous and happy at the same time for them. 
 
I guess you can say that I had a very hard time accepting the fact that you are gone, and that you are no longer here by my side. Hey sweetheart, it's your 31st birthday today, and I have a present for you. These are all the albums that we, BTS have created and sold since debut. Inside these albums, there are songs which are produced my myself, and the members as well. I'll play for you Let Me Know, I produced that. Be proud of me, okay. I'm gonna produce more and more in the upcoming years and become a pro in producing good hip hop music that is loved by A.R.M.Y.s, our fans all over the world. Here's an A.R.M.Y bomb for you as well. I'll hang it around one of the branches so that it'll look like as if you're holding it. It's the fifth year without you, and I'm slowly learning how to let you go. Life was a mess, but I'm glad I'm with the right company with the right mindset, and here I am today. 
 
Even though I didn't get to personally drive/fly the airplane, I still travelled all over the world, Gina Kim. Isn't that what we always dream about when we were small? Bangtan Boys is everywhere, and so are you, because you will always, forever and always, be in my heart. I'll bring you to many more countries in the future, okay? Next stop, The Red Bullet Live Trilogy Episode II, Second half. Hello, Sydney.
 
Until next time, Gina Kim. There will be more things to talk about when I see you again. Continue to watch over me like you always do in order to see me do meaningful things. I'll make you proud. I will always love you. I'll take my leave now. It's evening, and the members are waiting at home. I'll come visit you again soon, rest well. 
 
With love, 
Min Yoongi.