The Bodyguard

[FIC] Family Ties and Obligation

Chapter 1

 

“A man was found dead today on the sidewalk near Seoul station, the police has discovered yet another murder committed by the killer, the dead body was identified to be Kang Cheolsu, the Mafia leader the police has been hunting down for months, there are no leads nor witnesses-“

 

The young man sighs as he turns off the television, slightly rubbing his eyes; he stares at the black screen tiredly.

 

“Another murder huh.” He sighs again.

 

“TAEMIN!”

 

A loud voice called from the outside, not a second later someone barged into the house, revealing a short blonde haired boy.

 

“Seriously Jonghyun-hyung, you should learn to knock, this isn’t your house.” Taemin says without having to look at the elder.

 

“Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?” Jonghyun teased, he glaced at the kitchen, “Oh Hi Mrs. Lee!”

 

“Oh hello Jonghyun, are you going to kidnap Taemin for the day?” Mrs. Lee asked

 

“No, I’m staying home.” Taemin says sternly glancing at his mother.

 

“Ahw, you don’t want to spend the day out with your best friend?” Jonghyun faked a pout, and blinked his eyes, making him look like a kicked puppy.

 

---

 

(Taemin’s P.O.V.)

 

It’s not that I don’t want to go out, I just feel so tired, lately I’ve been getting clumsier ever since spring break began which was exactly 3 weeks ago, I slip quiet a lot, and trip on air for no reason, but then weird things happen, when I tripped yesterday in the hallway going to the kitchen I actually did a flip instead of falling flat on my face, it was a good save, but then I didn’t even learn how to front flip, sure I see them in movies, but actually doing it is dangerous, so it’s just so weird for me.

 

There was a time, when Jonghyun sneaked up on me while I was in the kitchen making myself a sandwich, I actually threw a knife at him, it was a good thing he had good reflexes and easily dodge the knife, I’ll be in serious trouble if he didn’t.

 

“Earth to Taemin. Hello. Taemin, you there?” Jonghyun was waving his hand in front of my face, which was quite annoying so I swatted it away.

 

“You space out a lot since spring break began, you okay?” I gave him a glare, which was rare; he looked scared, “Don’t throw a knife at me again please!” He threw his arms up in the air and took a few steps back.

 

“Do you even see me holding a knife?” I asked logically.

 

“Hey you scared me that time you know! I will never, I repeat never enter your kitchen ever again.” Jonghyun sat down on one of the couches, “So wanna go to the park? Come on hang out with me!”

 

“I’m tired right now hyung, I didn’t get to sleep that much last night, and knowing that there’s a murderer out there doesn’t help me at all.” I wasn’t actually scared of going out, cause the percent of actually running into a killer is slim to none, I just didn’t feel like going out, what if I suddenly trip, and embarrass myself in front of people.

 

“Come on, We might not hang out that much when school starts next week.” He had a point; we rarely see each other in school.

 

“Fine, you win.” I gave up, so I stood up and walked to my room to change.

 

By the time I went out of my room, Jonghyun was already waiting for me by the door.

 

“Mom, I’m going out with Jonghyun-hyung!” I didn’t know where my mom was, so it’s only logical to shout.

Ok dear, have fun and be careful.” I heard my mom’s faint answer.

 

“Let’s go.” I grab Jonghyun’s arm and walked out.

 

---

(Minho’s P.O.V.)

 

I walked around Seoul, surveying the neighborhood, Onew-hyung already bought me an apartment just a few buildings from his family’s house.

 

He already told me everything I needed to do, I was to enter Taemin’s school next week, and watch over him without him knowing my motives. I wasn’t really up for this mission, since I got used to missions with lots of action, but at least I’m getting a little break from the crime world.

 

I saw a park just near my building so I went there, only a few people walked around, majority are kids playing by the play ground, I sat down on one of the benches under a tree, this view was completely different to the views I got used to, this was actually nice.

 

I was about to drift off, when I noticed two teenagers entering the park, I recognized one of them, it was Jonghyun-hyung, so the one with him must be Lee Taemin, but something, or someone caught my attention, it was someone just behind them, so I silent crept off, carefully not making myself look suspicious.

 

When I was behind the suspicious male, he seems to be watching Jonghyun and Taemin, he must be working for Onew-hyung’s stepbrother, my suspicions were correct when I saw the small organization seal pinned on his jacket.

 

I quietly pulled out my gun from my holster hidden under my trench coat.

 

“What do you think your doing?” I whispered, as I clicked the gun on his lower back.

 

.” He cursed then stiffened.

 

“Yeah. . I’m warning you right now, Go tell your boss he won’t be able to touch a single hair on Lee Taemin, as long as I’m guarding him, If I see you around again or your friends, I’m going to point this gun on your head instead. Got that?” I knew being called the ‘Flaming Charisma’ always worked.

 

He quickly left, and ran away, so I placed my gun back in it’s holster, I saw Jonghyun-hyung and Taemin sitting down on one of the benches near the pond. 

 

I walked back to the bench where I sat, it was just a few steps away from them, so I just stared at them, Jonghyun being very alert, looked back and saw me, I gave him a small smile, he smirked and gave me a thumbs up, so he knew about that guy that was following them, he must have seen me before I even saw them.

 

---

 

(Jonghyun’s P.O.V.)

 

On the way to the park, I knew somebody was following us; I wasn’t sure who it was, but I knew it wasn’t good; this is actually the first time that someone followed us, after a few months of watching Taemin, there weren’t any threats at all, why now?

 

I’ll be suspicious if I act like I noticed, so I played along, On the way to the park, I thanked God for giving me such sharp eyes, I saw Minho sitting on a bench under a tree, I wasn’t informed by Onew-hyung about Minho, but I knew he was also sent to guard Taemin.

 

I acted natural, but in my peripheral vision I knew Minho saw us, I acted like I didn’t see him, I also acted like I didn’t know about the person following us, I saw Minho get up and crept away, I knew he saw the guy that followed us, so I left him to take care of it. So Taemin decided to just sit down in front of the duck pond, I didn’t really know why we were so fond of always sitting here watching the ducks swim.

 

A few minutes later, I felt someone staring from behind, I looked back and saw Minho, he actually smiled, so I just smirked and gave him a thumbs up, I turned back and just watched Taemin stare at the ducks till noon.

 

 

TBC~

 

---

 

AN: Updating before my internet connection disappears again, so who was that guy following Jonghyun and Taemin around? Assassin Minho to the rescue! 

 

I'll see you guys next update!~ 

Comments are appreciated and makes me update faster~