The New Student

[FIC] Family Ties and Obligation

 

Loud chattering echoed through the school hallways, as students walked to their assigned classrooms, the nerds scurrying off to avoid the crowd of students increasing by the minute, the jocks laughing loudly at some joke they threw at each other, who could even miss how the cheerleaders tried to flirt with the jocks in every way possible.

Taemin sighed loudly as he slowly walked towards his classroom; Jonghyun was nowhere in sight.

He entered the noisy classroom quietly, some students stopped to look at him, he was know to be the smartest kid in every class his taken, being ranked first place numerous times, he sat in the far back of the classroom near the window to avoid further attention.

“Well, well, well, who do we have here? The nerd of the school.”

A couple of jocks approached Taemin; it was obvious that they were up to no good.

“Leave me alone Chansung.” Taemin lowered his head, his fringe covering half of his face.

“Why would I do that Taeminnie? Were friends right?” Chansung smirked as he sat next to Taemin, throwing his arm over the younger’s shoulder, the other jocks laughed along.

“Leave him alone Chansung.”

Taemin looked up, and saw Key standing by the classroom door glaring daggers at Chansung, he heard the older gulp, and felt his arm tense at the sight of Key, he stood up, the chair screeching loudly against the floor.

“Let’s go guys.” Chansung left the room, his friends trailing close behind him.

“Thanks Key-hyung.” Taemin smiled as the older sat on the chair Chansung sat on earlier.

“No big deal, those jocks think being big is everything.” Key said as he rolled his eyes, “Their practically brainless in academics.”

“Good to see you back hyung, I missed you during break.”

“Of course you’d miss me, who wouldn’t miss the Almighty Key.” Taemin and Key laughed together, the tension earlier was gone.

“Are you in this class too hyung?” Taemin asked as he opened his bag to grab his schedule.

“Nope, I just happen to pass by and see you in here, my classroom is just across this one.”

Kim Kibum, preferred to be called as ‘Key’, was also well known around the school, he was feared by many, because of his angry looking exterior, but what they didn’t know is they shouldn’t be feared for his appearance at all, but his dark background, nobody knew him that well, even Taemin or Jonghyun, since he moved in during the school year when they were freshmen.

“Well, the bell is gonna ring soon, so I better get back to my class, I’ll see you and Jonghyun at break time, same place.”

Taemin waved as Key jogged out of the classroom.

 

---

 

(Minho’s P.O.V.)

I knew I was late, cause by the time I arrived at the school gate it was already closed, I had to jump off the school wall to get in, I landed perfectly without anyone seeing me, I was about 10 minutes late when I arrived in front of my classroom.

I slid the door open; the teacher and the students looked my way.

“I’m sorry, I lost my way here.” I bowed deeply.

“You must be the new student, please stand here in the front and introduce yourself to the whole class.” The teacher moved to side as I walked to the center.

“My name is Choi Minho, I just moved in, I hope we all get along.” I bowed to the whole class, then I caught a glimpse of Taemin in the back, I hear a few girls squealing and see some guys giving me dirty looks, probably jealous of the attention I’m getting from the girls.

“Well, Minho, since this is your first day, I’ll let your tardiness pass, go take a seat next to Lee Taemin.” The teacher pointed at the empty seat at the back next to Taemin, I nodded and walked towards the empty seat.

I notice Taemin staring at me, as I sat down, his eyes were wide, and his mouth slightly open, did I have something on me face?

“Could you please stop staring?” I said without looking at him, I heard him gasp softly, and turned his gaze back to the front, I see him turning red in embarrassment, I chuckled softly.

“I-I’m Lee Taemin, I figured since we’ll be sitting next t-to each other for this t-term, Can we be friends? If you don’t mind though.” He stuttered a lot, which amused me, but I controlled my emotions, and kept the amusement bottled up.

I turn to him; he had his head down, and was fidgeting in his seat, clearly anxious.

“Choi Minho, and I wouldn’t mind, Nice to meet you Taemin.”

‘This is going to be an interesting mission.’

 

---

 

(Taemin’s P.O.V.)

The door suddenly opened which caught the attention of the whole class, I was surprised to see the guy I bumped into in the grocery store last week, this is such a coincidence.

‘So his name is Choi Minho.’

My eyes widened, as my heart started to beat a little faster when the teacher said to take the empty seat beside me, he calmly walked towards me, I see a few girls sending me a glare, some of them hissing in jealousy.

It was so much better seeing him up close, I could see every detail of his face, thank god for giving me such wonderful eyesight.

“Could you please stop staring?” He said without looking at me.

I gasped and turned my gaze away, and I felt my blood rushing to my face in embarrassment, I didn’t notice that I was staring at him too long.

‘Way to embarrass yourself again Taemin.’

I can feel the tension building up by the passing second, and I gulped nervously, what is wrong with me?

“I-I’m Lee Taemin, I figured since we’ll be sitting next t-to each other for this t-term, Can we be friends? If you don’t mind though.” I stuttered, I never stutter, there is seriously something wrong with me today.

“Choi Minho, and I wouldn’t mind, Nice to meet you Taemin.”

He held out his hand for me to shake, I nervously looked at his hand then at his face, I reached out my hand shaking his hand slightly, and then he smiled.

“Could you show me around the school later? Since I’m new, I still don’t know my way around here.”

“S-sure.”

There goes my stuttering, I can’t wait for my next class; so I can get out here, and get some fresh air.

We both turned our attention back to our teacher, who was discussing about some of the school’s upcoming events, not that I don’t already know, I pretended to listen, I would glance at the clock every 5 minutes, waiting for the bell to ring.

 

 

TBC~

 

----

 

AN: I apologive for the short chapter, this might be the shortest chapter I've written, but I'll make up for it with a double update this week! I'll post the next chapter on saturday or on sunday! nothing much happened here but is completely necessary for the story to progress. 

 

Our little Taemin is a stuttering mess~

 

Aigoo~

 

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! <3