The Follower

[FIC] Family Ties and Obligation

Chapter 2

 

(Minho’s P.O.V.)

When I was sure that there weren’t any threat anymore, I went home first, I knew Jonghyun can take over in guarding Taemin, since they seem pretty close already, I still had a lot of things to unpack, and I mean a lot, I can’t just keep my weapons stored inside the crates, so I went home as fast as possible, I'll have to pass by a fast-food restaurant for some take-out, I could just do the groceries tomorrow.

I still have a lot of things to take care of, like how am I suppose to blend in with high school students, when I didn’t even enter a proper school in the first place, Onew-hyung home-schooled all assassins in the organization, sure we had dirty jobs, but still Onew-hyung believed that we needed to learn something else besides violence, we can't be assassins forever, some of us actually have decent jobs outside the compound.

I arrived at the fast-food restaurant, which was about two blocks away from my apartment building, I bought some fried chicken, and some fries too, after paying, I quickly left, then headed back to my apartment.

‘How am I suppose to fix all this mess?’ I thought once I arrived in my apartment, boxes and weapon crates were everywhere; it would take me 2 whole days to actually get things straight. I started clearing things out after I placed my take out in the kitchen; I took my screw gun from my toolbox and started unscrewing some of the crates.

 

---

 

(Taemin’s P.O.V.)

I like staring at the ducks, I always sit here with Jonghyun whenever we're in the park.

“Let’s move to the covered benches Taemin-ah, it’s getting hotter.”

“Sure Hyung, we wouldn’t want to damage your perfect skin.” I teased before standing up.

“Whatever Taemin.” Jonghyun just rolled his eyes at me.

I really like Jonghyun, he was my first friend since I moved in Seoul, we met just a year ago during my first year of high school, Jonghyun is 2 years older than me, I’m suppose to be in middle school right now, but I never really knew how I got accelerated twice.

I was known to be the school’s nerd, being top of my class numerous times, I didn’t have any friends back then, so I was often bullied.

“Taemin watch out!” 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Jonghyun-hyung screamed, he was about 4 feet ahead of me, I looked to my right, I saw a ball heading straight to my face. I was paralyzed, I closed my eyes and waited for the ball to hit me, but I didn’t feel any pain, when I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see my arm outstretched stopping the ball before hitting me in the head, I didn’t even realize that I stretched out my arm, something is seriously weird with my reflexes.

“I’m so sorry!” a young boy ran in front of me, and bowed, “My friend didn’t mean to throw it at you, It was my fault, I didn’t catch it. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay, but be careful next time.” I gave the boy back his ball.

I turned my attention back to Jonghyun-hyung who was gaping; he stared at me wide-eyed with his jaw hanging open.

“Close your mouth hyung, are you catching flies.” I said, walking pass him to sit on the covered bench.

“How’d you do that? Seriously dude, that ball was so fast, I think if you didn’t stop it, it could have smashed your face.”

“I don’t know hyung, I really don’t know.” I closed my eyes and let sleep take me.

 

---

 

Jonghyun stared at Taemin’s sleeping face, once he was sure that the younger man was sleeping, he took out his phone and dialed a number he knew so well.

"Pick up already." Jonghyun said tapping his foot impatiently.

“Hello?”

“Hyung! It’s Jonghyun.”

“Oh Jonghyun-ah, what do you need? Is everything all right? Did something happen?”

“Nothing bad happened Onew-hyung, I just needed to tell you something.” Jonghyun took a short glace at the boy beside him, before focusing his attention back to the phone.

“What is it? Is it about Taemin?”

“Actually, Yes, it is about him.” Jonghyun didn’t know where to start, the one following them, Minho, or Taemin’s incredibly fast reflexes, He decided to just start from the beginning.

“There was someone following us awhile ago, I didn’t know who it was, but on the way to the park, I saw Minho, I think he also saw the guy following us, so he was the one who took care of it, I’m pretty sure it was some hit man from your step-brother’s organization hyung.”

“I see. This is the first time that someone followed you isn’t it?” Jonghyun heard Onew sigh tiredly, “And about Minho, he will be guarding Taemin as well starting next week, I gave him this week off so he can adjust to everything.”

“And that’s not the end hyung.” Jonghyun heard Taemin groan, thinking that he would wake up, but relaxed when Taemin just moved to get into a better position.

“Just awhile ago, Taemin was almost hit by a ball in the face, and not just any ball hyung, it was a baseball, you know how hard those things are, and surprisingly Taemin caught it, I was pretty sure he was going to get hit, but he didn’t, and not only that, his throwing abilities are amazing as well, just a week ago, I tried sneaking up on him, In the end I almost got killed by a kitchen knife, and mind you the knife got stuck on the wall.” Jonghyun tried to remember that awful memory, shivering at the thought of the knife.

“His abilities are slowly waking up Jonghyun, I need you to keep close watch on him from now on, and help Minho as well, I need to get going, Call me again once something happens.”

“Will do hyung, over and out.” Jonghyun said before flipping his phone shut, he glanced at his watch, the sun was starting to set, and the wind was getting stronger.

‘What did he mean by abilities waking up? Does Taemin have super powers? Nah. That doesn’t even exist. Or does it?’ Jonghyun thought while looking at Taemin.

“Hey Taemin-ah, wake up, the sun is setting, so let’s go home, I’m pretty sure your mom’s making snacks, so wake up, I’m hungry.” Jonghyun poked Taemin’s shoulder making the younger open his eyes and groan.

“What time is it?” Taemin asked

“4:30. Let’s go!” Jonghyun grabbed Taemin’s hand and dragged him home.

 

---

 

Boots clicked loudly on the tiles of a dimmed hallway, men wearing black bowed in the respect at the young man passing by, big wooden doors creaked as it was pushed open.

“What do you have for me Kibum?”

“It seems like Onew has sent one of his assassins to guard Taemin.” He grumbles, clearly pissed.

“And why are you so angry about it?”

“That assassin freaking pointed a gun at me, while I was following Jonghyun and Taemin this afternoon, I didn’t bring any weapons with me at that time, so I had no choice but to flee.” Kibum ranted.

“Interesting, but I think it’s unnecessary to follow them right now, since your one of Taemin’s ‘friends’, you have a lot of time to do that when school starts next week.”

“Your probably right sir, so I’ll take my leave now.” With a sigh he turned. “And don’t call me Kibum, it’s Key.

 

 

TBC~

---

 

AN: What's happening to Taemin? What did Onew mean by 'His abilities are waking up'? Has Jonghyun gone completely mental about Taemin? and who is Key in Taemin and Jonghyun's life? 

 

 

I'll be making a blog post as the story progresses :) Questions will also be answered there! 

Please do leave comments, it makes me feel motivated, and makes me update faster. 

DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE! :)