His Business is My Business too

[FIC] Family Ties and Obligation

 

Students started to crowd around the cafeteria, claiming a table before falling in line along with their respective groups. Taemin hated how crowded it gets in the cafeteria during breaks, and a few people were purposely shoving him from behind, he knew he made a mistake of glancing behind, but it was too late when he saw a few students giving him dirty looks, he hanged his head low, his long fringe blocking his view before moving forward in the line.

 

‘Where was Jonghyun-hyung, and Key-hyung when I need them the most.’

 

Taemin was about to move forward again, when someone cut in front of him, shoving him backwards, he looked up to see it was Chansung and his gang again.

 

“Well if it isn’t the freak.” Chansung smirked, and his friends laughed.

 

‘Please leave me alone.’

 

Taemin stepped back, bumping into the people behind him, he kept his mouth shut, knowing Chansung; he knew the older would keep teasing him.

 

“His afraid of you man.” One of Chansung’s friends said, making the older’s smirk grow.

 

“Don’t be afraid Taemin, I wouldn’t do anything to you. Yet.” Taemin had to flinch at those words; Jonghyun wasn’t there to protect him at the moment.

 

“You better leave him alone, you’re messing with the wrong person.” A deep voice said from behind, Taemin felt someone pat his head before looking up. It was Minho.

 

“And who the heck are you?” Chansung glared.

 

“My name isn’t important, but I’m warning you, stop what ever you’re doing to Taemin, I assure you If you don’t, I’ll make sure that you wouldn’t enjoy your days here in this school.”

 

Chansung and his friends laughed mockingly, not affected by Minho’s threat.

 

“Who do you think you are to order me around? You’re just some new transferee here, you think I’ll be afraid of you?”

 

Soon, students started to crowd around the scene, some had their phones out to video the upcoming fight, the tension was already high, but Chansung decided to take it to another level by stepping up, he took a few steps, stopping just in front of Taemin and Minho.

 

“You think you’re scary huh? Stay out of this, this is none of your business pretty boy.” Chansung smiled mockingly.

 

In a blink of an eye, Minho was able to grab Chansung’s wrist twisting it behind his back, a few students stared at the scene at amazement, and soon, the whispers grew, Taemin’s eyes widened in shock and amazement at Minho.

 

“I’m warning you one last time, stay away from Taemin, and his business, is my business.” Minho hissed as he tightened his grip on Chansung’s wrist making him groan in pain before pushing him towards his group of friends.

 

Chansung glared at Taemin and Minho one last time before making his way out of the crowd, his friends following behind him.

 

“You shouldn’t have done that Minho-hyung.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, now let’s get out of here.” Minho grabbed Taemin’s wrist, and started dragging him out of the cafeteria, students started to whisper to each other again.

 

---

 

“Seriously Minho-hyung, you should have not done that, now Chansung is going to go after you too.” Taemin sulked as he took a bite of the sandwich Minho gave him.

 

“It’s not such a big deal Taemin, I’m not afraid of him, he should stop whatever he was doing to you, it’s wrong.” Minho smiled and lied down on the grass, clearly unaffected by the earlier event.

 

“Oh! Jonghyun-hyung!”

 

Taemin called out from the other side of the field, Jonghyun saw the younger waving at him, so he jogged towards Taemin; his smile grew when he saw that Taemin wasn’t alone.

 

“Where were you? I didn’t see you in the cafeteria, Key was also looking for you.”

 

“Chansung.”

 

Oh.

 

“Oh hyung this is Choi Minho, his my new classmate, he saved me from Chansung earlier.”

 

Minho sat up and smiled at Jonghyun, mouthing ‘Act like you don’t know me.’

 

“Nice to meet you Minho, I’m Jonghyun, Taemin’s best friend.” Jonghyun had to chuckle at the situation, he knew Minho a lot longer than Taemin, and now they have to act like they don’t know each other at all.

 

“Nice to meet you too.”

 

“Are you leaving now Minho-hyung?”

 

“Yeah, I just remembered that I have to get something in my locker.”

 

“Well, see you in class then.”

 

---

 

The clock ticked as the time passed, students listened as the teacher discussed the lesson. Taemin yawned as he took down notes; he blinked the sleepiness out of his eyes, history was never his favorite.

 

Minho glanced at his seat mate, smiling at the younger’s action, he took a post it from his bag, along with a piece of candy, he quickly wrote a small message before sliding the note and the candy over to Taemin.

 

‘Sleepy?’

 

Taemin smiled and took the candy, ripping the wrapper off before popping it into his mouth, he took a long glance at Minho before writing a reply, and he looked up at the teacher before passing the note unnoticed.

 

‘Thanks hyung, it helped :)’

 

Minho laughed silently, he took out a new post it, he wrote something he didn’t even expect he’d do, it was too late when he realized that he already passed it to Taemin.

 

Wanna hang out later? :)’

 

The question surprised Taemin; he had to stop himself from squealing out loud, without a second thought, he hastily wrote his reply.

 

‘Sure!’

 

“Taemin-ssi, do you have something to share with the class?”

 

Taemin looked up at his teacher, his classmates snickered, and looked at him, some laughing at his misfortune.

 

“Nothing sir.”

 

“Well, why don’t you answer question number five on your textbook, read the question out loud and answer.” Taemin gulped, and took a glance at his textbook.

 

“Who is one of the most famous military heroes in Korean history? He is well known as the inventor of a Turtle Ship, an ironclad warship that looks like a turtle. He used this ship to defeat the Japanese at a time when their ships and armies are causing death and destruction throughout our country. He was a brilliant military strategist, a great patriot and a defender of Korea.” Taemin read the question out loud, he quickly panicked, he wasn’t able to study in advance, his panic disappeared when he noticed Minho slipping a note on his table, “the answer would be Admiral Yi Sun-Shin sir, and he is one of the most famous Korean people in history and was included in the six portraits.”

 

“Very good, take your seat, and please pay attention.”

 

Taemin sat down, and heaved a sigh, he looked at Minho thankfully; the older just smiled and listened to the lecture again, he couldn't wait to hang out with Minho after school.

 

TBC~

 

 

---

 

AN: Double update this week!! I'll be posting the next update next week, it would be action packed! BTW, I have posted the Information Blog! click here! it's currently empty, but Onew's Age has been revealed! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Bodyguard Minho to the rescue yet again!

Isn't he cool~ <3

Aigooo~~

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!

Minho is watching you.