The First Meeting

[FIC] Family Ties and Obligation

“You’re cheating!”

“I’m not! You just at this game Taemin!”

The two teenagers stared at the screen full of concentration, both clicking of buttons of the controller furiously, both clearly not wanting to lose.

‘K.O.’ flashed on the screen, declaring Jonghyun the winner.

“Seriously Taemin, you playing Tekken.” Jonghyun laughed as Taemin threw the controller in front of him.

“You cheated!” Taemin pouted.

“You can’t keep accusing me of cheating Taemin.” Jonghyun patted Taemin’s shoulder, before breaking into another fit of laughter.

“Stop laughing at me hyung!”

“Sorry Taemin, it’s just too funny, you’ve been losing in every game we’ve been playing since this morning.” Jonghyun wiped away some tears forming on the corners of his eyes.

“It’s not funny at all.” Taemin pouted again, crossing his arms.

“Taemin, Can you go to the grocery and buy me some flour and sugar? I’m making cookies, and I didn’t know that we’ve run out of ingredients.” Taemin’s mom popped out of the kitchen into the living room, “You can go buy some of your snacks as well, since school will be starting soon, you can go too Jonghyun if you’d like.”

“Sure mom, I’ll just change, then go.” Taemin dusted some imaginary dust off his pants, and walked towards his room.

“Here’s the money Jonghyun, make sure Taeminnie doesn’t go overboard with the shopping, you know how he is with his snacks.” Mrs. Lee handed Jonghyun a small envelope containing a few bills.

“Sure Mrs. Lee, I’ll make sure he doesn’t go overboard like last time.” Jonghyun laughed at the memory when Taemin kept buying so much food, they had to take out a lot of things from the basket to fit in the budgeted money.

“Were you guys talking about me?” Taemin came back wearing a graphic white shirt and a new pair of skinny jeans.

“Let’s go Taemin-ah.” Jonghyun kept the money in his back pocket, he turned around, heading towards the door, “See you later Mrs. Lee!”

“Be careful okay.” Mrs. Lee said, before Jonghyun and Taemin walked out.

 

---

 

“Ok. So Flour and Sugar, let’s go get the flour first, Taeminnie.” Jonghyun and Taemin walk around the grocery, passing by numerous aisles.

“Oh there it is!” Taemin pointed at the aisle on their left, where the flour was.

“Your mom didn’t say how much she needed, should we buy the big one?” Jonghyun carried the big pack of flour on his hand.

“Call Call Call!” Taemin said excitedly

“Big one it is then.” Jonghyun laughed at Taemin’s childishness and placed the pack of flour in their basket, “So the sugar is next, where did they place it.”

Taemin and Jonghyun continued searching the grocery till they reached the last aisle, containing the sugar, “Should we get the big one too?” Jonghyun didn’t need to ask since Taemin would probably agree with him without much thought.

“Okay, time to buy your snacks Taem-“ Jonghyun wasn’t able to finish his sentence, since Taemin already started running back to the snack section. “I really believe his your son Onew, he totally takes after you.” Shaking his head, Jonghyun just laughed and followed Taemin.

 

---

 

“There it is!” Taemin exclaimed, finally finding his favorite snack, he took a few packs then started running back to where he left Jonghyun, he giggled in excitement, not even looking where he was going, he accidentally bumped into someone.

“Oh I’m sorry.” Taemin apologized and bowed, “I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.”

“It’s okay, pay attention next time.” A deep voice said, Taemin looked up, his eyes widened, before him was a tall handsome man, big eyes, sharp jaw, long brown locks, when Taemin noticed that he was staring he quickly averted his eyes.

“I’m sorry again.” Taemin murmured, and walked pass the man with his head down.

‘Way to embarrass your self Lee Taemin’ He mentally scolded himself.

“Where they heck is Jonghyun-hyung?” Taemin grumbled

 

---

 

(Jonghyun’s P.O.V.)

I took my time in walking around, I’m pretty sure Taemin already grabbed an arm full of snacks, the grocery store isn’t that big, so I’ll be able to catch up with him where ever he is.

As I walked around the aisles, I saw a person I leased expected. Minho.

“Hey Minho, long time no see.” I walked towards him, “What are you doing here?”

“Isn’t it obvious hyung? Grocery shopping of course, did this mission kill your remaining brain cells?” I chuckled at Minho’s humor; we had this tendency to playfully insult each other whenever we met.

“Since when did you move in?” I ask, and leaned on one on the aisle.

“2 days ago, Onew-hyung gave me this mission a week ago, he gave me the week off, so I can focus on adjusting.” He took a few bottles of various condiments and placed in on his shopping cart, “and right now, if your still going to ask, I’m buying some supplies, since I barely have anything edible at my apartment.”

“I’m guessing Onew-hyung also assigned you to study in our school?”

“Wow hyung, so your brain cells are still alive!” Minho laughed.

Minho was only a year younger than me, and we’ve been close friends since we were young, so the insults didn’t really affect me, we didn’t get to hang out anymore, ever since Onew-hyung gave me this mission a year ago.

“I missed hanging out with you Minho.” I patted his shoulder.

“I missed hanging out with you too Hyung.” He smiled again.

“Jonghyun-hyung!” I hear Taemin calling me from a far.

“We’ll I better go now Minho, I’ll see you at school, we have a lot of catching up to do.” I gave him one last smile before running off to Taemin’s direction.

 

---

 

“Oh there you are hyung!” Taemin dumped his arm full of snack inside the basket Jonghyun was carrying.

“Please tell me this is everything Taemin, I hope you wouldn’t go overboard again.” The basket was instantly full of snacks, “Hey what’s this? Ginseng Tea?”

“Oh I saw it lying on the floor, I forgot to put it back on the shelf.” Taemin grabbed the Tea out of my hand and placed it on a nearby shelf, “And not everything is mine you know, I bought some of Key-Umma’s favorite snacks, didn’t he go abroad this spring break.”

“Well if your not buying anything else, let’s go pay for this.” Jonghyun walked towards the cashier.

“Wait hyung, I’ll just get some banana milk, then we can go.”

Jonghyun sighs as he grabs the envelope Taemin’s mom gave him from his back pocket, he knew Taemin went a over board again, so he grabbed his wallet as well, taking out a few bill, he transferred the money inside the envelope.

“It’s a good thing I care about your son Onew.”

 

 

 

TBC~

 

 

----

 

 

AN: I'll be updating weekly from now on and try to write longer chapters!

I'm actually in the middle of writing a new multi-chaptered fic, hence the weekly update, I want to keep my mind working.

Let's have some chicken shall we?

Onew will not be pleased.

 

DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!! :))