PROLOGUE

[FIC] Family Ties and Obligation

---

PROLOGUE


A middle aged man panted hard as he used the last bit of his strength to run away from his pursuer, it was midnight, nobody could hear his cries for help, the sidewalk was deserted, not a single person in sight, it was getting darker the farther he ran, the street lights flicking off one by one. 

The moon shone brightly, being the only thing illuminating the way, the man feels his remaining strength leave his body, he falls on the sidewalk, coughing violently while clutching his wounded abdomen.

“You knew better than to run away.” A voice said, making the man shiver in fear.

“Please, just let me live.” The man begged, “I have a family, please, don’t kill me.”

“Maybe you should have thought about them before you committed your crimes, the people you killed had families too.” A tall shadow suddenly appears out of the darkness, “You can’t negotiate with death.”

The man tried backing away, blood staining the sidewalk as he moved, the tall shadow moved forward, revealing a man wearing an all-black suit, a piece of cloth covering half of his face, in his right hand he clutched his bloodied katana.

“P-Please don-“ The middle aged man wasn’t able to plead anymore as the assassin raised his katana and slit his throat, blood easily flowing out of the deep cut, instantly killing him.

“I had no choice.” The young man removed his mask as he returns his katana in its sheath, he pulled out a small blade with an engraved seal in his knife pack and stabs it on the dead man's arm

“Mission Complete.” He says, before disappearing in the shadows, leaving the scene.

 


---

An hour later


“I heard you had a hard time with your target Minho.”

“It wasn’t that complicated sir.” Minho says coldly, “It seems like the information given to me was not that accurate with the count of bodyguards.”

Minho stared at the man in front of him as he reported the details of his mission, he still wore his field uniform; blood was still evident in his hands.

“Good job on your mission then.” The man stood up smiling, “and I have already told you many times that you can call me Onew-hyung when we're alone.”

“Thank you sir-I mean Onew-hyung, if you have no further questions for me, I shall take my leave.” Minho bowed while taking a few steps back before turning around towards the door.

“Wait, Minho.” Onew called back, “I have another mission for you, a very important mission.”

“What is it hyung?” Minho looked back, his face not showing any change of emotion.

“I trust you on this mission I’ll be giving you, as you know I’m getting a bit old, and I need someone to replace me when the time comes, our feud with my step-brother’s organization is getting out of hand.” Onew began, his hands closed into a tight fist, “As you may not know, I have a family out there Minho, my step-brother found out about them, I knew for a while that his planning to target my son, so I need you to protect my him, I will work on the documents for you to enter his school, as well as living in his neighborhood, if I remember right, his turning 18 in a few weeks, I need you to protect him till then.”

Minho listened intently as Onew explained about his mission, it was rare that Onew gave out missions, since all missions are presented to them in a folder, and most especially involving protection. Their organization wasn’t as bad as they seem, they do kill people, but they only kill criminals, such as drug dealers, mafia leaders, gamblers, to name a few, missions to protect were only given to the Assassins trained under firearms; Minho was trained in both firearms, and blades, making him one of the best in both fields.

“I already sent Jonghyun to watch over him, as of now there are no threats, but I want to be on the safe side, as you know Jonghyun is also one of the best in our organization, but I think him alone will not be enough, so I’m also sending you out.” Onew pulls out a picture of a young redhead from one of his desk drawers.

“May I know the name of you son?”

“His name is Taemin, Lee Taemin.”

 

 

TBC~


---

 

A/N: Assassin Minho sounds kinda hot doesn't it? ;)

here's an idea and NO, ONEW IS NOT THAT OLD! 

 

 

and this is the photo that Onew has of Taemin!

 

 

Don't forget to subscribe!