May Stretch or Tangle - 2

[HIATUS] Red

“A mighty pain to love it is,
And 'tis a pain that pain to miss;
But of all pains, the greatest pain
It is to love, but love in vain.” 

― Abraham Cowley

 

Step 2: Hook, Line & Sinker

                We’re supposed to proceed with Step 2 today. I’ve heard news that the soccer game was great. They weren’t rooting for a specific team but the experience was priceless. As per his assistants who went there to look after their victims. They didn’t even bother asking him if he wants to go, he wants to sulk all over again. Not really, he’s making good progress regardless of the inane accounts the author of this story decided to write. (Author-nim, don’t forget to write about us, we need to get moving.)

 

               Anyway, our hero is now the one who is sulking. It’s not that the soccer date didn’t end well (I've already mentioned that before). It was a very memorable affair (our hero’s words, not mine), it just didn’t have the ending he expected.

 

                UNDER THE MOON CHATROOM

 

Yue Lao Wannabe:

How was it?

 

Handsome Manly China Man is typing…

Handsome Manly China Man stops typing…

Handsome Manly China Man resumes typing….

He stops again…

He’s being bipolar today…

 

YLW:

Did something bad happen?

 

Handsome Manly China Man continues typing…

Handsome Manly China Man stops typing…

 

 

YLW:

Ya! Respond if you want to respond, respond... 

log out from this chat room if you don’t have anything to say…

I’m a busy person…

 

HMCM:

You’re the one who messaged me first…

 

YLW:

Not the point…

How was it?

Tell me the tickets weren’t a waste…

 

HMCM:

I’m sulky

I don’t want to talk…

 

YLW:

No talking needed…

Just let your fingers do the typing…

 

HMCM:

I don’t wanna…

(pouty emoticon)

 

YLW:

You screwed up, didn't you?

 

HMCM:

I didn’t

 

YLW:

You did…

 

HMCM:

Did not.

 

YLW:

Did too~~~

 

HMCM:

I’m logging out

 

YLW:

I’m logging out first

 

HMCM:

I’m the one who’s sulky…

How dare you...

 

Yue Lao Wannabe has left the chatroom

 

 

                There’s nothing bad that happened, but the it didn’t actually go as planned. They probably become closer, right? And now Handsome Manly China Man can have something he could talk about with his baozi. So, what exactly went wrong? Does he believe that they’re not meant in this life again? He needs to make an appointment with Fate, if he’s able to locate Fate. B*stard just decided to up and leave (it’s a bad habit of his, he needs to be told off.), there’s a lot of things to be done. He wants to wrap this up as soon as possible. He’s almost there, if only Fate can be found.

 

~0~

 

                Kim Joon Myeon is a person of the world. He doesn’t get intimidated easily. Why would he? He’s just 24 and already owns three popular cafes in prominent districts in Seoul. There’s only one person in the world that he is afraid of, his mother. That woman can make even the toughest mafia boss bow down to her. And it’s really bad when he treats him like he’s still a five year old. It’s giving him goosebumps just thinking about it.

 

                His phone beeps and he opens the message box to see a very angry emoticon. He’d like to rephrase his earlier statement; his mother is not even half as scary as this person.

 

                He dials a familiar number, after a half ring someone answers. Or just breathes angrily at him from the other line.

 

                “Hi, Kyung Soo…”

 

                More angry breathing.

 

                “Let me explain…”

 

                Did he just hear a growl? Well that’s y… Sorry not a priority.

 

                “Ermmm, I’m sorry?”

 

                There’s a hiss and a full tirade of all the things that he has done that might actually doom him for his entire nine lives (Is he a cat? Why does he only get nine lives? He heard others get like a million lifetimes. But seriously, angry Kyung Soo is really y. )

 

                Again, not the point…

 

                “Kim Joon Myun!!” He thinks he said some unnecessary things out loud.

 

                “Kyung Soo-ya… I wasn’t talking to you… I mean it’s not you… Not that I’m not paying attention. I was really paying attention. I was just talking to myself?”

 

                There was a pause. And silence.

 

                “Hello?”

 

                Beep.Beep.Beep

 

                That doesn’t sound like Kyung Soo.

 

                There’s a loud bang on his apartment door. Praying that it’s his mother, his mother banging on the door would be better than facing an angry Kyung Soo. Should he have changed the pass code? Why is Kyung Soo knocking, he knows his password. His been here a couple of times, did he forgot to pay the lease? Wait they own the entire apartment complex, there’s no lease to pay for.

                He approached the door cautiously; he needs something to appease Kyung Soo. Too bad he forgot to buy that new cooking set. He was saving it for their anniversary; he should’ve ordered it in advance.

 

                Kim Joon Myeon looked through his video lock system, maybe Kyung Soo is not that angry. He might just be excited to see Joon Myeon. When he looked at the CCTV he sees an unfamiliar head of blonde hair.

 

                “Did Kyung Soo dye his hair? And when did he get that tall?”

 

~0~

 

                He doesn’t know these people occupying his sofa. They look really suspicious. One looks like a gangster and is too tall to be considered human. The other just looks like… a beagle.

 

                “As I was saying earlier… Who are you? What do you want from me? I don’t do ransoms. I might look harmless but I’m really… tough. Yeah I’m tough…”

 

                ‘Shut up Mr. Goody Goody Two Shoes, we know you. You’re not tough… Well you were never as per past human accounts. My Boss here doesn’t like your meddling. We have a set timeline for things. You doing what you did ruined that. We want you to stick to the script…”

 

                “What?”

 

                “There’s no reference of rich guys helping hopeless stalkers on my book. You’re violating… stuff.”

 

                “I think I really need to call the police on you. Or maybe I should just call Kyung Soo…”

 

                “No… Not Kyung Soo… I’m afraid of him… Don’t call him. Call the police instead…”

 

                There’s something terribly wrong about this scene.

 

                “I apologize in my assistance behalf. He hasn’t spoken to a human for a while. And your significant other is quite scary so please understand my assistant’s trauma. Let me introduce myself first, I’m Kris…”

 

                Kim Joon Myeon waits for the man/giant to speak. The staring is unnerving, what’s wrong with these guests of his?

 

                “As I said, I’m Kris…”

 

                Complete and utter silence.

               

                “Ermmm… Your greatness, he doesn’t know you… You won’t get an expected reaction…”

 

                “Didn’t we…”

 

                “That was in one of his past lives, when you were part of an idol group. You up and left leaving him to fend for the kids. Then you pretended to say you were sick as an excuse and the next thing they knew you were doing a movie and stuff. He pretty much thought you were an arrogant . Not that the arrogant ever changed. You can tell him you’re a dragon, make flapping motions with your hands to make it believable.”

 

                “Excuse me, this is my apartment, it would be better if you actually include me in the conversation…” The guy named Kris looked at him, there’s a certain scary look on his face. “That was just a suggestion… I was… suggesting…”

 

                “I’m Kris…”

 

                “Yeah I heard…”

 

                “I’m also called Fate…”

 

                Kim Joon Myeon can’t keep himself from laughing. He tried really hard not to. But what is this guy talking about? “Ah yeah and I can actually control water…”

 

                “You can? Wow… I haven’t met anyone like that in this lifetime…”

 

                “Your greatness, he’s kidding. This person is plain, he’s just human… I believe he’s making fun of you…”

 

                Kim Joon Myeon gulps. He thinks he went overboard. Is it time to dial Kyung Soo’s number?

 

                There are certain things that Fate can injure but a human mocking him isn’t one of them. “You’ll be short forever. And your future significant others would be short and scary too…”

 

                Bai Xian doesn’t think that’s enough of a threat. But they need to move on with this conversation and get to the point. It’s getting a ton boring.

 

                “My name is Bai Xian, I’m Fate’s assistant. We think you did something illegal that might ruin the future.”

 

                “What?”

 

                Bai Xian points to Joon Myeon’s home theater system. Did I buy the wrong flat screen TV? Joon Myeon thinks to himself. Before he’s able to voice out this concern, his flat screen TV by itself and a familiar scene plays.