Little Dokie: Side Story

The Kim Family

 

Donghae had suddenly felt sick that they had to get back home earlier than his older brothers, especially Heechul, had expected. Heechul entered the house stomping the moment their mother opened the door.

Donghae fell to the couch and Kibum and Kyuhyun stared at him blankly.

“Bummie, Kyu come let’s play at Zhoumi’s.” Shindong, the second eldest said.

The twins looked up to him, where Kyuhyun followed immediately. Kibum looked back at his older brother who didn’t look too well and placed his small, chubby toddler hand over Donghae’s forehead.

“Donghae hyung are you alright?” he asked.

Donghae smiled wearily and nodded. Kibum couldn’t stay since Shindong had taken his hand and lead him out.

Later that afternoon, the telephone was ringing and Donghae was the closest. When he answered it, it was their doctor uncle, Zhoumi’s father.

“Ah… yeah… no I’m fine now. Yes… hehe thank you… bye.”

Then minutes later, the door opened and in came Shindong and the twins. Kibum came immediately to his side and asked.

“Did uncle call?”

“Ah yeah…”

“So what did he say? Are you alright now?” he asked again, this time touching Donghae’s face.

“Nothing really. Yeah I’m better now.”

“That’s good. I told him you were feeling ill.”

Kibum smiled and embraced Donghae as tightly as his little arms could. He patted Donghae’s crown.

“Donghae hyung, don’t tire yourself, ‘kay?” he said and left to look for his twin.

The following day…

Kibum knocked on the bathroom door. “Hyung,” he called out. Donghae answered.

“Are you feeling much better.”

“Yes Bummie, I’m fine now.”

“Okay~”

Kibum left to look for their mother to get his breakfast.

“Kibummie, have you been checking up on your hyung?” Teukie, their mother asked, helping him with some juice. Kibum looked up from his plate with a huge smile.

“Yup. Hyung said he’s alright now.”

“Wow. My little doctor has done a good job.” Said Teukie, ruffling little Kibum’s hair. Donghae was on his way out the door, he was getting late for his class. Kibum realizing his hyung was leaving, scurried off his chair and went after Donghae.

“Hyung wait,” he called.

“What is it Bummie?” Donghae opened his palm as Kibum instructed and was surprised at the one capsule in his palm.

“You’re vitamins. Don’t forget to take it so you don’t get sick again.”

“Yes Doc.” Donghae said, a smile across his face.

*~*~*~*~*

Kibum read an old file from Donghae’s laptop, his face scrunched up, disbelieving the contents.

“WTF! I said no such thing!” he exclaimed, his face flush. Donghae came back from the kitchen and scanned the document then ruffled Kibum’s hair.

“Of course you did.” I don’t even know what happened to that sweet kid, maybe that’s the reason I kept those assignments. Donghae thought to himself.

Kibum was about to delete the whole thing, “Don’t you dare delete it, Bummie.” Kibum stopped midway. “Hyung, erase this already, it’s so embarrassing!”