Ice cream pop for You

The Kim Family

 

Donghae has a project, with a video camera, he tours around their house and talks about his family.
 

“To be part of a big family such as a family of seven has its ups and downs. Ups? There are more people to do the chores, and there’s a possibility that you get forgotten and you get your hands free. Second, you can gang up on the ‘suspect’ and most of the blame is placed on his shoulder. Downs? It’s a survival of the fittest. When your mom says ‘Time to eat’ you’d better be on the table within a minute or else you won’t get what’s supposed to be your share. Being the eldest is a burden, from what I’ve observed from Heechul-hyung, mom and dad relies on him the most and lucky I’m not the second child because I surely don’t want to be bossed around by Heechul-hyung. I feel sorry for Shindong-hyung.” 

 

Donghae said to the video camera, he had locked himself inside the room he shares with his Shindong-hyung.

“Anyway, let’s go and see what everyone is doing. It’s Sunday so everyone would be present.”

He whispered to the cam giving it a wink and a playful smile.

 

He took a shot of his mom making lunch.

“Teukie-umma is pretty isn’t she? She’s the best cook and umma ever!” Donghae described briefly, still focusing on his mom cooking.

 

Next he went to check on his dad at the garage. “Kangin-uppa, when can I drive?” he began, Kangin looked at the camera waving a greasy wrench.

“Maybe after five years.”

Donghae groaned.

“Okay, you can start learning by summer but you’ll have your mom as the instructor.” Kangin mocked.

The camera was shook furiously. “No thanks. I can wait for five years.” Donghae said and directed the camera at his pouting face.

 

 

He went back inside and found his Heechul-hyung checking himself on the mirror.

“Say something hyung, it’s for my project.” Donghae said.

Heechul turned around and pose together with a lopsided smile. He began to talk about himself and some embarrassing truths about Donghae so Donghae excused himself hurriedly.

 

He saw Shindong crouched at a cupboard, trying to sneak out some chips.

“Shindong-hyung! You’re caught red-handed, drop the chips and back away from the cupboard!” Donghae said as he pretended to be a police officer, a gun-shaped hand was pointed at Shindong. Teukie came in and hit Shindong with the ladle. “How many times must I tell you to stay out of the kitchen and away from the snacks!”

Shindong glared at Donghae, Donghae showed a peace sign and stuck his tongue out.

 

Donghae went looking for his little brothers, he found them sprawled on a blanket playing with the PS. Kyuhyun waved at the camera, Kibum just looked, he wouldn’t even smile if Donghae didn’t told him to.

 

Donghae continued filming after lunch. It was two hours after that he remembered about ice cream pops his parents bought the other day. Donghae let go of the camera and let it hang on his wrist. He opened the freezer and his worst fear came true --- there was nothing left. Although his parents bought one for each, he knew Shindong-hyung and even Heechul-hyung would still take it anyway. Donghae heaved a sigh and closed the door; he directed the camera towards him, looking rather sad.

“See what I mean about survival of the fittest? Hyungs can be so harsh."

Suddenly he saw one floating ice cream pop, he shifted the camera towards the direction of the ice cream pop. Holding it was their youngest, Kyuhyun. “Is this for me?” Donghae asked.

“Kyu took your share before Heechul or Shindong could get their hands on it.” His mom said, cleaning the dishes.

 

Donghae looked at his little brother, impressed and touched. He reached for the ice cream pop and took it from Kyuhyun’s hands. “Thanks Kyu!” Donghae exclaimed almost teary-eyed.

“I protected your ice cream pop Donghae-hyung so you won’t be sad.” The innocent little Kyuhyun said, the camera still focused on his cute face.

“Is it because you love Donghae-hyung?”

“Yup! Because Donghae-hyung takes good care of Kyu that’s why Kyu loves Donghae-hyung soooo much!” the little boy said as he embraced Donghae with all his might. With a smile Donghae placed the camera on the table and filmed them hugging each other.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Donghae got himself an A for his video. A lot of girls were also asking for his older brothers’ numbers, pictures anything, some were taken by Kibum’s charm despite the fact that he didn’t do anything. But most of them were touched with his little brother Kyuhyun’s affection for him. Overjoyed on how things went he took Kyuhyun and Kibum out for ice cream, unfortunately his older brothers found out and waited for them at the ice cream parlor. . . Donghae just got himself bankrupt. But it didn’t matter as long as his brothers are enjoying themselves.

 

 

S1: END