Sweet Smile for You

The Kim Family

 

Kibum had been observing his Donghae-hyung pacing back and forth in front of their eldest’s bedroom. He had been following Donghae for quite some time that he became dizzy. 

Donghae saw his little brother fall from his peripheral vision.

“Kibummie!” Donghae called as he went to pick up the little kid and sat him on his lap. “Are you okay? Are you feeling well?” he asked, feeling Kibum’s head, turning his head here and there, checking if Kibum had any scratches on him when he fell. “Hyung is making me dizzy from all that pacing so I fell. What are doing in front of Heechul-hyung’s room, Donghae-hyung?” Kibum asked with round, curious eyes. Donghae helped Kibum up and hold out a sketch pad, pencil and eraser.

“I needed help with my homework.” He said with a silly smile.

“Why don’t you do it yourself?” Kibum asked again and tilted his little, cute head slightly to the left.

“Well, I’m not a good artist and the teacher never said I have to do this on my own.” Donghae explained anxiously, and scratched his chin lightly. Kibum tapped his face with both hands.

“There’s no need to be nervous hyung, I’m not your teacher.” He said with pure innocent child’s laugh then moved towards Heechul’s room. He turned to face Donghae. “I’ll help you.” He said with a smile.

 

~knock! Knock!~ Donghae reacted too late, Heechul had opened the door and looked scary.

“What do you want?” Heechul asked curtly, glaring at him.

“Hyung, please help me! I need your skills.” Donghae pleaded, with a bow.

Then Heechul felt someone or something tugging his pants, he looked down and saw his six years old brother. He bent so that they could be at the same level.

“Heechul-hyung, Donghae-hyung had been pacing in front of your room for a very, very, very, very, very…”

“Kibum, okay I understand that it’s VERY long.”

Kibum smiled sweetly. “Very long time. Please help him and he made me dizzy just looking at him.” Then he leaned in nearer to Heechul’s ear. “I think he also got dizzy doing it.” He tried to whisper but Donghae was able to hear it anyway. Donghae stifled a laugh but Heechul laughed. He patted Kibum’s little head then got up. “Fine. What do I have to do?” Heechul said, gesturing Donghae to hand him the things he had been holding on.

“Thank you hyung!” Donghae said and gave Heechul a hug other than the materials.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The next morning, Heechul gave Donghae his homework. The smile from his face was erased when he saw nothing but dotted-lines on the paper.

“Hyung, what is this?” he asked.

“Trace the dotted-lines and tada! You’ve got yourself a drawing.” Heechul said with a wave of his hand. “Good thing you woke up early today.” Heechul said with a smirk.

Donghae looked pitiful then he felt someone tugging his uniform.

“Hyung, I’ll help you. I’m really good at tracing!” Kibum said with a smile holding a pencil. “Kyu would like to help but he’s still asleep now.”

Donghae bent to ruffle Kibum’s hair. “That’s alright; you’re all the help I need for now.” Donghae said with a warm, affectionate smile.

 

S2: END.